PDA

View Full Version : Peter Schiff: Ben Bernanke is Public Enemy No. 1

lurpol
03-27-2012, 07:41 AM
The Fed is the biggest enemy of this economy. Either Bernanke is lying or he's incompetent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LC1RIljtp8

Broadcast: Mon 26 Mar, 2012 | CNBC

hazek
03-27-2012, 09:54 AM
Bullshit. The man is almost irrelevant. It's the system that is the nr. 1 public enemy. I get extremely angry when blame is being placed in the wrong place helping masquerade what the real problem is.

seraphson
03-27-2012, 01:01 PM
Bullshit. The man is almost irrelevant. It's the system that is the nr. 1 public enemy. I get extremely angry when blame is being placed in the wrong place helping masquerade what the real problem is.

Benny is however a decent sized pillar in keeping the system on a strong foundation.

Seraphim
03-27-2012, 04:57 PM
You know damn well Schiff isn't masking what the real problem is. He continuously rips the entire system. As of right now, Bernanke is public enermy #1 from the standpoint of a ACTUAL person who can be held accountable.

Yes, the system is the bigger fish - undeniable...but pointing everyone's attention to The Bernank is a defacto means of pointing people to the system as well.

Why the hell does this man have the power to massively devalue the currency?
Why does this man have the power to set the cost of capital (and the return on savings)?

These are questions that a solid number of "lay" people come up with when they find out that someone is printing up a shit storm of "money".