PDA

View Full Version : Brutal Home Invasion ends 65 Year Romance

Cowlesy
03-27-2012, 07:34 AM
I am sure this will be plastered all over the national news.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2117695/Brutal-home-invasion-Oklahoma-couple-ends-65-year-romance-meeting-blind-date.html

In love for 65 years. 101st Airborne WWII vet, 6 kids, 18 grandkids, 50 great-great grandkids. The husband had been out living a terminal kidney prognosis because as his kids said, his wife was still there.

All for a dodge neon, a tv and $200.

The top-rated comment brings it all home.

Sad that here in the USA we have to rely on news from the UK to hear these types of stories. The politically correct news media is crushing this country,
- sopwith, salida,co., USA, 20/3/2012 22:25

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2117695/Brutal-home-invasion-Oklahoma-couple-ends-65-year-romance-meeting-blind-date.html#ixzz1qKBMj4Ul

klamath
03-27-2012, 07:42 AM
I'm sure, and I am sure we will have a dozen 40 page threads about it too:rolleyes:

Czolgosz
03-27-2012, 07:42 AM
Jeezus.

coastie
03-27-2012, 07:49 AM
Disgusting.

tod evans
03-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Quick call Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson...........Oh wait:(

I hope they get back on their feet soon.
My heart goes out to the Straight family!

moostraks
03-27-2012, 07:57 AM
How tragic. A lifetime of love ended in a brutal nightmarish fashion by a thug who gained what from the incident? I still would not want my family's loss to be used as some poster child for an agenda driven by various narcissistic parties with an ax to grind. People should be given the time to grieve their losses without a media circus to memoralize the event and trapped in the position of having to defend the dead from those looking to cast blame.

luctor-et-emergo
03-27-2012, 08:02 AM
Too bad these things happen.

I wouldn't want this to happen to anyone, but this seems especially brutal.
This breaks me up a little.

AdamT
03-27-2012, 08:04 AM
Truly disgusting :mad:

TeaPartyHistorian
03-27-2012, 08:10 AM
I couldn't think of a more appropriate time to seek the death penalty. What a terrible story.

Mani
03-27-2012, 08:17 AM
#1 who robs the elderly? That's just so.....wrong...
#2 who beats the elderly? That's so sick...
#3 who rapes the elderly? That's incomprehensible. It's below human.

Who rapes, beats and murders an elderly person???

This person is not even human.

specsaregood
03-27-2012, 08:42 AM
I'm sure, and I am sure we will have a dozen 40 page threads about it too:rolleyes:

You won't have one because there is no controversy here. The cops didn't let the suspect go without charges, the victims didn't follow around and arguably harrass the suspected killer. nothing to discuss except the tragedy of it all.

AlexanderY
03-27-2012, 08:45 AM
It's ok

They're just old white people

Nothing to see here.

Just let the media sweep it under the rug, like that White 13 year old that was drenched in flammable liquid, burned (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/03/05/3471164/police-investigate-burning-of.html), and told "You Get What You Deserve, White Boy (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/you-get-what-you-deserve-white-boy-13-year-old-set-on-fire-in-horrific-racially-charged-attack)"

It's not like Eric "My People (http://www.politico.com/blogs/joshgerstein/0311/Eric_Holder_Black_Panther_case_focus_demeans_my_pe ople.html)" Holder will give it any attention anyways.

AlexanderY
03-27-2012, 08:48 AM
You won't have one because there is no controversy here. The cops didn't let the suspect go without charges, the victims didn't follow around and arguably harrass the suspected killer. nothing to discuss except the tragedy of it all.

Of course there isn't a national controversy, they were White.

Cowlesy
03-27-2012, 08:53 AM

There's no story of a youth attacking and murdering the elderly? I'd tend to agree with you if this were youth/youth adult/adult violence, but there is a social issue when a 20 year old kid assaults 90 year olds, in my view.

Pericles
03-27-2012, 08:59 AM
There's no story of a youth attacking and murdering the elderly? I'd tend to agree with you if this were youth/youth adult/adult violence, but there is a social issue when a 20 year old kid assaults 90 year olds, in my view.

I see it as a social issue as well - there is a not inconsequential sized class of people who are devoid of morality, seething at their condition, living in a society that prizes material possessions above all. So far the only thing preventing the explosion, is the drug and alcohol induced stupor that keeps them glued to the TV for at least 6 hours per day.

specsaregood
03-27-2012, 09:01 AM
Of course there isn't a national controversy, they were White.
My comment about there not being lots of threads has nothing to do with race. Try again.

Right, I'm not saying it isn't a story. I was replying to the implication that something is wrong because there won't be a "dozen 40 page threads". Those types of threads only happen when there is something to argue/debate/disagree about. From what I see, there is nothing to argue/debate/disagree about. The cops did their part it seems. The suspect is in jail. It is a tragedy, what the hell would we fill up dozens of 40 page threads about? Hand-wringing over the tragedy? That could all be done in one 5page thread.

Now if the cops had let the suspect go without any charges or anything, then it would be something debateable.

James Madison
03-27-2012, 09:19 AM
Imagine what these people will do when the dollar collapses.

jmdrake
03-27-2012, 02:49 PM

Did you miss the epic thread over the white Sunday School teacher that was shot by the cop as she drove away? Granted the media did cover that (shame on them) but it was covered profusely here at RPF. The bottom line is that many people here are sensitive to abuses done under the color of law. If it didn't seem like the cops and prosecutors were cutting Zimmerman a break that then it wouldn't be much of a story.

AFPVet
03-27-2012, 03:03 PM
That old man probably been through more shit than any of us could fathom. No war is pretty, but WWII was especially horrific. ... and just when he thought he could spend the rest of his days with the woman he loves, a malevolent force takes it all away in a unfathomable manner. What could possess a person to do that? Chemical imbalance, sociopathic tendencies? ... just sick.

cajuncocoa
03-27-2012, 03:47 PM

The only thing we're likely to her from those two on this story is what an outrage it is that another young black male is being held in jail. FREE TYRONE DALE DAVID WOODFORK!!

bolil
03-27-2012, 03:52 PM
It could have wound up worse. If the elderly had been armed, they might have shot the kid... if they did that then justice, being deprived of injustice, wouldn't have a chance to be served.

cajuncocoa
03-27-2012, 04:13 PM
It could have wound up worse. If the elderly had been armed, they might have shot the kid... if they did that then justice, being deprived of injustice, wouldn't have a chance to be served.Because God forbid this elderly couple should have the right to defend themselves from a brutal murder in their own home. :rolleyes:

ravedown
03-27-2012, 04:17 PM
why users of this site resort to the sensationalistic bullshit they accuse the media of is a mystery to me. it's a random act of extreme violence that relates to only .000% of society-yet we all have to feel shitty and guilty-or outraged and turn it into a political/social issue?
why isn't this story as big as the trayvon martin fiasco? because the MSM likes to lead us around by the nose and decide whats important and we willingly allow it. would you expect anything less than spoon-fed information meant to inflame and provoke?
both are horrible stories...but does it affect me and my family? is it a sign of the times or a reflection of society in an 'obama world?' hell no! dont let the media dictate whats important in your world, people here should know that better than most.

its a random violent act that should have reported at a community level...nothing more. dont buy what they're selling.

cajuncocoa
03-27-2012, 04:24 PM
why users of this site resort to the sensationalistic bullshit they accuse the media of is a mystery to me. it's a random act of extreme violence that relates to only .000% of society-yet we all have to feel shitty and guilty-or outraged and turn it into a political/social issue?
why isn't this story as big as the trayvon martin fiasco? because the MSM likes to lead us around by the nose and decide whats important and we willingly allow it. would you expect anything less than spoon-fed information meant to inflame and provoke?
both are horrible stories...but does it affect me and my family? is it a sign of the times or a reflection of society in an 'obama world?' hell no! dont let the media dictate whats important in your world, people here should know that better than most.

its a random violent act that should have reported at a community level...nothing more. dont buy what they're selling.Why people on this site try to tell others what they should consider important is a mystery to me. ;)

cajuncocoa
03-27-2012, 04:28 PM
It's ok

They're just old white people

Nothing to see here.

Just let the media sweep it under the rug, like that White 13 year old that was drenched in flammable liquid, burned (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/03/05/3471164/police-investigate-burning-of.html), and told "You Get What You Deserve, White Boy (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/you-get-what-you-deserve-white-boy-13-year-old-set-on-fire-in-horrific-racially-charged-attack)"

It's not like Eric "My People (http://www.politico.com/blogs/joshgerstein/0311/Eric_Holder_Black_Panther_case_focus_demeans_my_pe ople.html)" Holder will give it any attention anyways.

It's interesting that the first news story you linked leaves out "white boy" from the quote. It was left out of at least one other news story (http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/crime/police-look-for-two-teens-accused-of-setting-13-year-old-old-boy-on-fire) as well.

I wonder why?

Stupified
03-27-2012, 04:31 PM
I don't know what to say to this. It's a sad story. I can't imagine what the old man must be going through right now emotionally. But what else is there to say? Stuff like this happens all too often; are we only discussing it because the attacker was a young black man?

Quick call Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson...........Oh wait

Why is there even a need to say this?

kill the banks
03-27-2012, 04:31 PM
sad

A_G1RL
03-27-2012, 05:20 PM
This piece of turd is LUCKY that there are cops and prisons. Without those corrupts protecting people like this there would probably be a different justice handed out on this story.

Stupified
03-27-2012, 05:24 PM
This piece of turd is LUCKY that there are cops and prisons. Without those corrupts protecting people like this there would probably be a different justice handed out on this story.

You murder this guy, so his family murders you back, and your family murders his family.

No thanks, I'll stick to prisons and rehabilitation.

phill4paul
03-27-2012, 06:29 PM
There is no court...
No federal law enforcement....
No local law enforcement...
No prison....

That could keep me from killing this individual if I was sure that he had done this to my parents. I would make it my life's work.
And I would not feel one iota of remorse.

Anti Federalist
03-27-2012, 06:42 PM
I see it as a social issue as well - there is a not inconsequential sized class of people who are devoid of morality, seething at their condition, living in a society that prizes material possessions above all. So far the only thing preventing the explosion, is the drug and alcohol induced stupor that keeps them glued to the TV for at least 6 hours per day.

Imagine what these people will do when the dollar collapses.

This whole thing will come un-fucking-glued.

ETA - Want to see the shit really hit the fan?

Let the accused claim he did it as "payback for Trayvon".

coastie
03-27-2012, 06:49 PM
This whole thing will come un-fucking-glued.

Yep-and to top it off, there's ONLY an estimated 30 day supply in the US at any given time of all the fun stuff they prescribe nowadays.:eek:

Look up what connects nearly all the mass shootings in schools and random places, mothers murdering their own children, ad nauseum-guess what they were all on and decided to just stop taking?

Truly, we will be facing a zombie apocalypse.:eek::toady::eek:

AFPVet
03-27-2012, 06:52 PM
Yep-and to top it off, there's ONLY an estimated 30 day supply in the US at any given time of all the fun stuff they prescribe nowadays.:eek:

Look up what connects nearly all the mass shootings in schools and random places, mothers murdering their own children, ad nauseum-guess what they were all on and decided to just stop taking?

It's tough to ignore the correlation.... Thank you big pharma!

Anti Federalist
03-27-2012, 06:54 PM
One other point.

This is what Stand Your Ground and Castle Doctrine laws are supposed to protect.

In this case, older folks who couldn't run away, couldn't retreat, even if they wanted to.

Pity they weren't armed.

Greater's the pity that we've devolved into a such a state that 90 year olds have to worry about being mugged, raped and beaten to death.

Then again, it was a punk like this that killed my great grandmother on the streets of West Orange NJ back in 1978.

She was 92.

He got $68.

Anti Federalist
03-27-2012, 06:55 PM

Holy Flirkin Shnit.

I had not even considered that.

Jesus...I'll rep you for that when I get more ammo...Damn....

phill4paul
03-27-2012, 07:01 PM
One other point.

This is what Stand Your Ground and Castle Doctrine laws are supposed to protect.

In this case, older folks who couldn't run away, couldn't retreat, even if they wanted to.

Pity they weren't armed.

Greater's the pity that we've devolved into a such a state that 90 year olds have to worry about being mugged, raped and beaten to death.

Then again, it was a punk like this that killed my great grandmother on the streets of West Orange NJ back in 1978.

She was 92.

He got $68.

WTF? I'm not asking you to go further into it. But, WTF!

DerailingDaTrain
03-27-2012, 07:04 PM

I hope they get back on their feet soon.
My heart goes out to the Straight family!

Why would you bring this up? It's not needed. If he was white and they were black I don't think you'd be making snarky comments.

phill4paul
03-27-2012, 07:04 PM

Good lawds almighty. Goin' down a rabbit hole there. And they wouldn't even have to stop making money. Once you got 'em wacked just substitute placebos. Yeessh!

Anti Federalist
03-27-2012, 07:09 PM
WTF? I'm not asking you to go further into it. But, WTF!

Not much more to say about it.

She was an old woman who refused to move out after a nice neighborhood went bad.

She cashed a check at the corner store, was walking back to her apartment, and got brained in the head with a blunt instrument, her purse was stolen and when the asshole that did it got caught, there was $68 bucks in the purse.

She died after lingering just about two weeks in a coma.

coastie
03-27-2012, 07:13 PM

She was an old woman who refused to move out after a nice neighborhood went bad.

She cashed a check at the corner store, was walking back to her apartment, and got brained in the head with a blunt instrument, her purse was stolen and when the asshole that did it got caught, there was $68 bucks in the purse.

Dear God...that gives me sadface.:(:mad:

coastie
03-27-2012, 07:15 PM
Holy Flirkin Shnit.

I had not even considered that.

Jesus...I'll rep you for that when I get more ammo...Damn....

Estimated 30 day supply=gone in several days of looting. The first two weeks of the collapse are going to be quite interesting.

Cowlesy
03-27-2012, 07:19 PM
https://www.facebook.com/NancyStraitAndBobStraitTrustSupport

phill4paul
03-27-2012, 07:21 PM

Damn. Sorry to hear that brother. What a hell of a way to go. I'm sorry and pissed all at the same time. Fuck. I need to just quit this Internet tonight before I blow a gasket.

coastie
03-27-2012, 07:21 PM
https://www.facebook.com/NancyStraitAndBobStraitTrustSupport

Thx, Ima shoot a few notes their way when the wifey gets home.

<this guy, has no Facebook:D

klamath
03-27-2012, 07:28 PM
Did you miss the epic thread over the white Sunday School teacher that was shot by the cop as she drove away? Granted the media did cover that (shame on them) but it was covered profusely here at RPF. The bottom line is that many people here are sensitive to abuses done under the color of law. If it didn't seem like the cops and prosecutors were cutting Zimmerman a break that then it wouldn't be much of a story.
You miss my point JM. I have not even opened one thread on it. All I know is this one death is getting coverage from presidential level, all national news, thousands of blogs and forums yet every day dozens of lives, younger, more innocent and in far more horrible ways are being snuffed out in our wars yet what kind of news is it getting? Do you value one life more than dozens? Do you think maybe the wars might be reevaluated if every death in the wars carried this much coverage?Don't you think that what I might find disgusting is the totally out of proportion coverage this death is getting compared to what thousands upon thousands of others are getting. Every death is horrible but why only certain ones get the coverage? This is not the first time I have pondered this. I was picking up pieces of Americans every few days in Iraq and not hearing one mention of those lives on the news yet I was hearing for days on end about a girl that diaappeared in Aruba?" What is wrong with the picture. Read my signature.

DerailingDaTrain
03-27-2012, 10:16 PM
You miss my point JM. I have not even opened one thread on it. All I know is this one death is getting coverage from presidential level, all national news, thousands of blogs and forums yet every day dozens of lives, younger, more innocent and in far more horrible ways are being snuffed out in our wars yet what kind of news is it getting? Do you value one life more than dozens? Do you think maybe the wars might be reevaluated if every death in the wars carried this much coverage?Don't you think that what I might find disgusting is the totally out of proportion coverage this death is getting compared to what thousands upon thousands of others are getting. Every death is horrible but why only certain ones get the coverage? This is not the first time I have pondered this. I was picking up pieces of Americans every few days in Iraq and not hearing one mention of those lives on the news yet I was hearing for days on end about a girl that diaappeared in Aruba?" What is wrong with the picture. Read my signature.

I think the reason is because people know we have troops in Afghanistan and Iraq and are tired of seeing it on the news. Why do you think so much of the news is about stories like this and Billy Mays/Michael Jackson/Whitney Houston/David Carradine/DeadCeleboftheWeek?

heavenlyboy34
03-27-2012, 10:27 PM
If the people knew of the carnage that was going on over there, the support for the occupation would drop like a rock. I expect a media blackout until for some reason revealing the naked truth benefits the corporate news folks. :(
"A single death is a tragedy-a million deaths is a statistic". -Йосиф Сталин

Origanalist
03-27-2012, 10:34 PM
Why would you bring this up? It's not needed. If he was white and they were black I don't think you'd be making snarky comments.

If he was white and they were black al sharpton and jessie jackson WOULD be marching in the streets and the media would be ALL OVER IT. They would be beating the drum for weeks. That is the point.

aGameOfThrones
03-27-2012, 10:51 PM
Sad.

Would PreCrime have prevented this?

James Madison
03-27-2012, 11:13 PM

Yep. As someone who has experienced intense psychotic episodes as the result of stopping SSRI cold-turkey, this is not something to blow off.

DerailingDaTrain
03-29-2012, 10:56 AM
If he was white and they were black al sharpton and jessie jackson WOULD be marching in the streets and the media would be ALL OVER IT. They would be beating the drum for weeks. That is the point.

You just don't get it do you? You play right into their hands every time.

coastie
03-29-2012, 11:06 AM
Yep. As someone who has experienced intense psychotic episodes as the result of stopping SSRI cold-turkey, this is not something to blow off.

And, as someone who is the loved one of someone who experienced the same, I concur. She's been completely off the meds for 2 years now, and never been better. They all said she had to take them, and none would help her ween off when we decided we'd had enough. Fuck Big Pharma and the doctors that peddle their shit.