PDA

View Full Version : Rachel Maddow says Republican rules prevent Ron Paul from nomination

ProIndividual
03-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Rachel Maddow was talking about Gingrich, but mentioned and showed the Republican Party rules. It said that no one can even be put forward as a possible nominee, for delegates to vote for, unless they win at least the plurality of delegates in five states.

So:

Can Ron Paul be put on the ballot for nominee if he doesn't win the plurality of delegates in at least five states?

Does this apply only to the first vote, before a brokered convention takes place? Or does it apply all the way through?

If this is the case, what are the ramifications?

If it isn't the case, shouldn't we write Maddow so she knows it isn't true? Or to assert her source (that she showed onscreen) is fake?

This report stunned me, as up to this point I had an outside hope of winning a brokered convention. If there is no hope of that, I'd like to know it.

Thanks for your time.

robertwerden
03-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Winning the delegates is what we are doing. She is just to fucking stupid to be worth the air she breaths.

thoughtomator
03-26-2012, 08:05 PM
She's trying to pretend we're not getting five or more states' plurality of delegates, when I'm pretty sure we are and could possibly do several times the basic requirement.

Keith and stuff
03-26-2012, 08:10 PM
It is true the chances are very likely that Gingrich will not qualify. Chances are very good that both Santorum and Paul will qualify.

ProIndividual
03-26-2012, 10:29 PM
Thanks for your responses...if you have more details I'd appreciate them...as would folks who might read this thread.

I'm guessing we do have plurality of delegates in several states...but do they count if they're bound on the first vote? I know some aren't...but it's all confusing to me, as I live in a Primary State.

Thanks again for your time.

kuckfeynes
03-26-2012, 10:43 PM
The way I understand it (being very new to this as well)... We won't win the first vote one way or the other. What matters is no one gets 50%. Deals can be made beforehand in exchange for another candidate's exit from the race. If Santorum drops out and gives his delegates to Romney, or vice versa, it is game over. Any situation in which someone has a clear 1144, game over. If that doesn't happen by the first vote, then it's game on.

Elle
03-26-2012, 11:50 PM
No candidate can give their delegates to any other candidate. Period. If any candidate drops out those delegates become unbound. Paul will go all the way to the convention and could win the first vote; Maddow is clueless. Read the convention rules. You will be surprised at what you find.

NewRightLibertarian
03-26-2012, 11:53 PM
This worthless pig will lie to stop us at every turn. She's a propagandist who sold her soul to Obama. Piss on her and what she has to say

RogerThat
03-27-2012, 06:58 AM
Don't be so hard on her, she is brainwashed by upper management. You have to give her a tiny grain of credit though because she was one of the very few who presented the election Fraud that is going on.

mosquitobite
03-27-2012, 07:26 AM
Also, don't forget that if they keep harping on this bullshit, we can use the same line when they try to put up 'ole Jeb or Mitch!

gworrel
03-27-2012, 07:33 AM
It must only apply to the first ballot otherwise there would be no talk of an "outsider" like Jeb Bush ending up with the nomination. It is amazing though how many different ways the media will try to discredit Ron Paul.

azxd
03-27-2012, 09:33 AM
Finally, Obama’s Original Birth Certificate Surfaces! (http://wakeupfromyourslumber.com/blog/lindquist/finally-obama-s-original-birth-certificate-surfaces)
Below, is a Certified Copy of Registration of Birth from the District of Mombasa, Coast Province of Kenya indicating the birthplace of one Barrack Hussein Obama II to be the Coast General Hospital Mombasa in August 4, 1961, with Sir Edward of Lavender as the Colonial Registrar in 1961…

http://eclinik.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/obama-registration-sir-edward-of-lavender-was-the-colonial-registrar-in-mombasa-in-1961.jpg

http://eclinik.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/obama-registration-bottom-says-coast-province-of-kenya.jpg

smartguy911
03-27-2012, 10:37 AM
No candidate can give their delegates to any other candidate. Period. If any candidate drops out those delegates become unbound. Paul will go all the way to the convention and could win the first vote; Maddow is clueless. Read the convention rules. You will be surprised at what you find.

Are you 100% positive about candidate not being able to give their delegates to other candidate?

morely webb
03-27-2012, 07:39 PM
1. Who's to say the Republican gavel won't try to Eugene Dokes us and have anyone arrested who disputes him/her, no matter what the rules say?

2. If 100,000 Ron Paul supporters showed up in Tampa and booked all the hotel rooms in the area, maybe some of the delegates for the other candidates would go home early. :)