PDA

View Full Version : Cop Suspended for Racist Trayvon Remarks made online

Mani
03-26-2012, 07:39 PM
Sorry if this has been posted already, there are a hundred Martin threads I can't keep up.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/orleans-police-officer-suspended-over-online-comments-trayvon-215328497.html

New Orleans police officer suspended over online comments about Trayvon Martin

A member of the New Orleans Police Dept. has been suspended without pay after incendiary comments attributed to him about the killing of Trayvon Martin were found posted online.

Jason Giroir, the officer, is under investigation after comments were posted on a story about a local rally for Martin published on the WWL-TV website.

"Act like a Thug Die like one!" one comment reads.

Later, Giroir—who identified himself as "Works at NOPD"—responded to another commenter who claimed the initial comment was racially insensitive: "Eddie come on down to our town with a 'Hoodie' and you can join Martin in HELL and talk about your racist stories!:-P"

NOPD superintendent Ronal Serpas, who called for the investigation, said the comments "have caused me great concern concerning his fitness for duty."

"To say that I'm angry is an understatement," Serpas added. "Let me be clear: the hardworking men and women of the NOPD do not condone such statements."

Giroir had already been assigned to desk duty for his involvement in a traffic stop that ended in a shootout.

(HUH????????? OMG, this sounds like one of the guys AF always warns us about!!!!)

According to WWL-TV, Giroir "pulled over brothers Justin and Earl Sipp for a traffic violation on March 1, and a shootout erupted after two officers were called to the scene to back [him] up."

moo
03-26-2012, 07:52 PM
NO JUSTICE. NO PEACE!

CaptainAmerica
03-26-2012, 07:54 PM
I would consider that borderline inciting violence.

BlackTerrel
03-26-2012, 08:01 PM
A member of the New Orleans Police Dept. has been suspended without pay after incendiary comments attributed to him about the killing of Trayvon Martin were found posted online.

Well there's a first.

TheeJoeGlass
03-26-2012, 09:51 PM
NO JUSTICE. NO PEACE!

Elaborate.

Ender
03-26-2012, 10:11 PM
Well there's a first.

Yep.

fr33
03-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Unfortunately this does not shock me at all. :(