PDA

View Full Version : Trayvon is a Victim of the Racist War On Drugs

minusbear
03-26-2012, 05:30 PM
I think everyone is missing an opportunity here. The War on Drugs has fueled a culture where black kids aren't to be trusted. Where they are viewed as gangsta and they are expendable.

We should be joining the call for Justice for Trayvon. We can win over the black community by showing how Trayvon was murdered by the thinking that brought us the racist war on drugs. Trayvon is also not getting justice by the government this community has come to be dependent on.

Origanalist
03-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Sure, lets go all Al Sharpton.

(in case anybody is uncertain this was sarcasm)

MikeStanart
03-26-2012, 05:40 PM
I have nothing wrong with justice; but much of this is mob mentality with people looking for blood.

CaptainAmerica
03-26-2012, 05:44 PM
I think everyone is missing an opportunity here. The War on Drugs has fueled a culture where black kids aren't to be trusted. Where they are viewed as gangsta and they are expendable.

We should be joining the call for Justice for Trayvon. We can win over the black community by showing how Trayvon was murdered by the thinking that brought us the racist war on drugs. Trayvon is also not getting justice by the government this community has come to be dependent on.'

1.You miss the point
2.you don't know the definition of justice
3.Zimmerman has not appeared in court to be judged as either innocent or guilty
4.The full details aren't even available still

Without a trial no one can say that Trayvon was innocent and that Zimmerman was guilty. There are accusations and sure we can say that Zimmerman seemed a bit paranoid but that has nothing to do with the actual conflict unless a motive with evidence ties it to that paranoia.

Zimmerman should have been in court .

William R
03-26-2012, 05:53 PM

We should be joining the call for Justice for Trayvon. We can win over the black community by showing how Trayvon was murdered by the thinking that brought us the racist war on drugs. Trayvon is also not getting justice by the government this community has come to be dependent on.

Good gravy. The reason blacks kids aren't trusted is because they're 3 percent of the population and commit 50 percent of the murders in this country. Back in 1965 Daniel Patrick Moynihan relased "The Negro Family: The Case For National Action" and said the breakdown of the black family would lead to chaos. 71 percent of black babies are out of wedlock today. Women raising young boys. No father figure.

cajuncocoa
03-26-2012, 05:54 PM

We should be joining the call for Justice for Trayvon. We can win over the black community by showing how Trayvon was murdered by the thinking that brought us the racist war on drugs. Trayvon is also not getting justice by the government this community has come to be dependent on.What does the war on drugs have to do with this case?

RonPaulMall
03-26-2012, 05:57 PM
We are all a victim of the war on drugs. Whether Martin was lawfully killed hinges only on whether he or Zimmerman started the fight that led to his death. The drug use of Martin, either in the past or at the time of the killing, is completely irrelevant.

Feeding the Abscess
03-26-2012, 06:14 PM
Good gravy. The reason blacks kids aren't trusted is because they're 3 percent of the population and commit 50 percent of the murders in this country. Back in 1965 Daniel Patrick Moynihan relased "The Negro Family: The Case For National Action" and said the breakdown of the black family would lead to chaos. 71 percent of black babies are out of wedlock today. Women raising young boys. No father figure.

And imprisoning young black males, largely for drugs, has quite a bit to do with all of that. It turns non-violent persons into violent criminals, ruins any chance of them having a future, and if these males have kids, guess what? Now the kid doesn't have a father, and when the father gets out he'll be ill-equipped to properly raise that child(ren).

The blame for the breakdown of the black family should be squarely laid at the feet of the tyrannical and oppressive state.

moo
03-26-2012, 06:29 PM

Most crimes committed by blacks are economic crimes.
The "breakdown" of the black family is an economic issue.

Origanalist
03-26-2012, 06:34 PM
Most crimes committed by blacks are economic crimes.
The "breakdown" of the black family is an economic issue.

The breakdown of the black family is a direct result of government being (sugar) daddy.

dannno
03-26-2012, 06:34 PM
Good gravy. The reason blacks kids aren't trusted is because they're 3 percent of the population and commit 50 percent of the murders in this country.

How many of those murders are drug related?

The OP makes a good point in general, the problem is that we don't know enough about what actually transpired that night to judge whether Zimmerman was defending himself from Martin's attack or whether this Zimmerman guy was actually trying to hunt this kid down.

I don't see any evidence that Zimmerman wasn't defending himself from potentially deadly force (beating to the head) as a result of a confrontation and attack led by Martin.

Origanalist
03-26-2012, 06:37 PM
There's a whole lotta speculatin goin on here.

dannno
03-26-2012, 06:38 PM
The breakdown of the black family is a direct result of government being (sugar) daddy.

I would say it started with slavery, then emancipation, then industry colluding with government during the industrial revolution, then the creation of the central bank, then the war on drugs and federal welfare programs.

I don't think it has jack shit to do with the color of their skin, myself.

Liberty74
03-26-2012, 06:38 PM
We are all a victim of the war on drugs. Whether Martin was lawfully killed hinges only on whether he or Zimmerman started the fight that led to his death. The drug use of Martin, either in the past or at the time of the killing, is completely irrelevant.

Exactly. Drug use and the war on drugs here is not relevant.

dannno
03-26-2012, 06:39 PM
There's a whole lotta speculatin goin on here.

I just said what Zimmerman said, and all of Zimmerman's statements have reportedly been corroborated by witnesses.

dannno
03-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Exactly. Drug use and the war on drugs here is not relevant.

Of course it is relevant. If the war on drugs didn't exist we wouldn't have so many people going around being proud about the fact that they are legally criminals while not doing anything morally wrong. Gangs only exist to sell drugs, and gang culture is rampant among younger kids. Personally, I see nothing wrong with gang culture in and of itself, I only see a problem with gang violence. But gang culture only exists because of the drug war. So you have all these kids who appear to be criminals because looking like a gansta is cool.

The point is, Zimmerman wouldn't have had any reason to be suspicious of Martin if he didn't look like a gangsta, whether he was one or not.

moo
03-26-2012, 06:49 PM

sugar daddy? oh do you mean black families are all on WELFARE

Origanalist
03-26-2012, 06:59 PM
I would say it started with slavery, then emancipation, then industry colluding with government during the industrial revolution, then the creation of the central bank, then the war on drugs and federal welfare programs.

I don't think it has jack shit to do with the color of their skin, myself.

There was a period of time after emancipation when the black family was much more stable;

"Even in the antebellum era, when slaves often weren’t permitted to wed, most black children lived with a biological mother and father. During Reconstruction and up until the 1940s, 75% to 85% of black children lived in two-parent families. Today, more than 70% of black children are born to single women. “The welfare state has done to black Americans what slavery couldn’t do, what Jim Crow couldn’t do, what the harshest racism couldn’t do,” Mr. Williams says. “And that is to destroy the black family.”

http://lonelyconservative.com/2011/01/walter-williams-its-the-welfare-state-that-killed-the-black-family/

Victor Grey
03-26-2012, 07:00 PM

This is just my personal opinion but... in this case I don't care what N.A.P. says, if what the situation I'm gathering from various media, witnesses and recordings is true,

I'd might of been more jumpy in Martin's shoes than he was. Somebody following me around at night and all that allegedly, when I (supposedly) am trying to get away from him, and I know I've not done anything wrong so I definitely can't suspect anything good is in that?
That's creepy man. Who does that? Muggers? Crazy people?

Fight-or-Flight is the natural reaction to such a situation. Martin, if all the various reports are anything accurate, seemed to have tried the flight.
When Zimmerman pressed the issue there was one option human nature instinctively left open.

The other guy should of stayed in his vehicle. This would of all never happened, if he just stayed in his truck.

Origanalist
03-26-2012, 07:06 PM
I just said what Zimmerman said, and all of Zimmerman's statements have reportedly been corroborated by witnesses.

I wasn't referring to you in particular danno. Actually I agree with most of what you posted.

dannno
03-26-2012, 07:10 PM

Govt. welfare has helped the downfall of all races, including black people, by making them dependent on government and not allowing them to find new work. As more go on welfare, they become more poor, their neighborhoods have less money and are less able to grow economically.

A larger percentage of black people are on welfare, through no fault of their own, and this has contributed to a breakdown of black families.

Origanalist
03-26-2012, 07:16 PM

http://lonelyconservative.com/2011/01/walter-williams-its-the-welfare-state-that-killed-the-black-family/

moo
03-26-2012, 07:21 PM
A larger percentage of black people are on welfare, through no fault of their own

ron paul would disagree with you.

dannno
03-26-2012, 07:25 PM
ron paul would disagree with you.

You don't say.

Please elaborate.

AME3
03-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Zimmerman shouln't be arrested without probable cause, and the evidence is overwhelmingly indicating self defense. I am opposed to the circumvention of the rule of law regardless of the demands by the mob or the New Black Panthers party or Reverend Jackson or Reverend Sharpton, or even the president of the United States for that matter. Now were we living in Zimbabwe or the Congo, well then an exception could be made and Mr Zimmerman could be strung up in the nearest tree. But, we aren't an African bannana republic and we do (at least the majority of us) respect the rule of law. There is an investigation in progress and justice will prevail in the end. Just like it did in the Duke Lacrosse travesty but hopefully without the unjust incarceration of the falsely accused. That fiasco ended up costing the tax payers millions just to appease the imbeciles who wanted to crucify those boys from day one...
Oh, and don't forget Reverend Sharptons ranting and bleating for justice in the Tawana Brawley fiasco some twenty years ago. What a fool!

Feeding the Abscess
03-27-2012, 02:00 AM
Govt. welfare has helped the downfall of all races, including black people, by making them dependent on government and not allowing them to find new work. As more go on welfare, they become more poor, their neighborhoods have less money and are less able to grow economically.

A larger percentage of black people are on welfare, through no fault of their own, and this has contributed to a breakdown of black families.

No kidding. Social conservatives squeal about two parent families and traditional parenting roles, rail against drugs and want people thrown in prison for non-violent "crimes," then scream that the black family is falling apart, single stay at home moms are on welfare, and the fathers are absent.

Gee, I wonder why.

Indy Vidual
03-27-2012, 02:04 AM
And imprisoning young black males, largely for drugs, has quite a bit to do with all of that. It turns non-violent persons into violent criminals, ruins any chance of them having a future, and if these males have kids, guess what? Now the kid doesn't have a father, and when the father gets out he'll be ill-equipped to properly raise that child(ren).

The blame for the breakdown of the black family should be squarely laid at the feet of the tyrannical and oppressive state.

+1984

Toureg89
03-27-2012, 04:50 AM
'

1.You miss the point
2.you don't know the definition of justice
3.Zimmerman has not appeared in court to be judged as either innocent or guilty
4.The full details aren't even available still

Without a trial no one can say that Trayvon was innocent and that Zimmerman was guilty. There are accusations and sure we can say that Zimmerman seemed a bit paranoid but that has nothing to do with the actual conflict unless a motive with evidence ties it to that paranoia.

Zimmerman should have been in court .
irregardless of whether or not zimmerman ignored the orders of a police dispatcher, or whether or not he continued to follow the kid, IF (purely speculation here) Trayvon instigated the fight by throwing the first punch, irregardless of gangster mentality and the victimization of black people thrown in prison for marijuana, Trayvon is the victim of his OWN actions of VIOLATING SOMEONE ELSES RIGHT TO HEALTH.

of course, thats just one of the many possibilities of what MIGHT have happened. not knowing the facts of the case, i am hestitant to call either Trayvon or Zimmerman a victim or criminal. rather, id prefer to let both of them (Trayvon post humously, sadly) have their day in court.

iGGz
03-27-2012, 06:10 PM
[[]]