PDA

View Full Version : More tungsten filled gold bars.

unknown
03-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Here is a recent find:

http://ausbullion.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/tungsten-filled-gold-bars.html

In-case you missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbxwTgxPzJk

Sure would be nice to have an audit of Fort Knox. Now if we could only get a President who would push for one but who? Lemme think. Oh I know!

:D

TheTexan
03-26-2012, 06:15 PM
I'd be surprised if there are still bars in Fort Knox at all, Tungsten or otherwise

Indy Vidual
03-26-2012, 09:56 PM
Are coins still safe?
Any reports of this being done with Gold coins yet?

TheTexan
03-26-2012, 10:17 PM
Are coins still safe?

More like, are our digital dollars still safe~~~

Of course the answer is obvious with that one but /shrug

thoughtomator
03-26-2012, 10:18 PM
I'd be surprised if there are still bars in Fort Knox at all, Tungsten or otherwise

same... I think Ian Fleming was warning us of something that was either being planned, or already accomplished

oyarde
03-26-2012, 11:37 PM
Are coins still safe?

American coins ? Yeah , pretty safe , gold and silver . I ran into my first fake foreign gold coin probably about 11 years ago , maybe more . It was very good , I have no idea where it wasmade or how many areout there .I would buy no foreign bars ( or maybe any domestic ) of any type at all with exception , maybe ,of the small Japanese pc.'s from the 1800 's . Somewhere out there , there should be some fake Mercury dimes madeby the Russians in WW 2 , but i have not seen any . I have seen one fake three legged buffalo nickel.

oyarde
03-26-2012, 11:59 PM
Are coins still safe?

American coins ? Yeah , pretty safe , gold and silver . I ran into my first fake foreign gold coin probably about 11 years ago , maybe more . It was very good , I have no idea where it wasmade or how many areout there .I would buy no foreign bars ( or maybe any domestic ) of any type at all with exception , maybe ,of the small Japanese pc.'s from the 1800 's . Somewhere out there , there should be some fake Mercury dimes madeby the Russians in WW 2 , but i have not seen any . I have seen one fake three legged buffalo nickel.

Tinnuhana
03-27-2012, 12:01 AM
I saw a fake Morgan a year or so ago. It seemed thicker than a real one and didn't feel the same, either.

oyarde
03-27-2012, 12:07 AM
I have neve seen that , Amazing ! , get a chance , buy one I would love to see it.

oyarde
03-27-2012, 12:27 AM
I have never seen that , Amazing ! , get a chance , buy one I would love to see it.

S.Shorland
03-27-2012, 01:16 AM
A bullion dealer admitted to me they had,had a few instances of manipulated gold coins but no silver ones.This was a year or two ago.(UK).

Tinnuhana
03-27-2012, 07:15 AM
You want a FAKE Morgan?

unknown
03-27-2012, 08:33 AM
When I heard about the original story a year or two ago, I had found this thing. Seems interesting but who knows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYQ4y99WIwY&feature=player_embedded

I generally buy gold bullion in the form of 1oz bars simply because they are packaged and have less of a mark-up. Guess I just have to trust the dealer...

Bruno
03-27-2012, 08:54 AM

The bars are likely still there, we just don't own them anymore.

Acala
03-27-2012, 09:00 AM
When I heard about the original story a year or two ago, I had found this thing. Seems interesting but who knows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYQ4y99WIwY&feature=player_embedded

I generally buy gold bullion in the form of 1oz bars simply because they are packaged and have less of a mark-up. Guess I just have to trust the dealer...

This is fine but will not detect a tungsten fake. But pretty hard to make a tungsten fake gold coin. You would have to somehow cast gold around a tungsten planchette and then stamp the coin in a good die. That would be a lot of work. The other possibility would be drilling in from the rim, pouring in tungsten dust, sealing with gold, and then milling in the rim serrations. That would probably be easier, but still a lot of work for not much payoff.

Smaller denomination gold coins would seem to be very unlikely targets for tungsten salting.

What is needed is some kind of electronic device that detects tungsten's different electromagnetic characteristics. Kludge?

NoPants
03-27-2012, 09:43 AM
Someone please make the video subtitles harder to read. :)

oyarde
03-27-2012, 10:53 AM
You want a FAKE Morgan? yeah , be a great Christmas gift for my youngest son , something different than the usual , large chunk of coal :)

oyarde
03-27-2012, 10:55 AM
A bullion dealer admitted to me they had,had a few instances of manipulated gold coins but no silver ones.This was a year or two ago.(UK). Nice Avatar