PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Man, Andrew Wordes, perished today after being bullied by the City

foxtrotterz
03-26-2012, 03:37 PM
There is a lot to this story, google his name: Andrew Wordes, but the City of Roswell City Council (in Georgia) bullied this man to the extreme. He was fined for having chickens, which he had owned for decades before any ordinances were passed. He was fined for grading his property to prevent flooding after he had numerous floods as a result of nearby construction, which the City had approved. He spent time in jail for standing his ground and not accepting the punishments handed down to him from the City. His house was condemned and he was to be evicted today. As I understand it, the police and media were there to get their latest story. He decided to go out in a different manor. He doused his home in gasoline and set it ablaze with him inside. There was also an explosion that rocked the house. I hate he is no longer with us, but admire him for standing his ground.

I had met him in October of last year and he was a genuinely good man. IIRC his wife had died several years ago from cancer, the only good that comes of this story is that he is now with his wife.

http://www.ajc.com/news/north-fulton/home-of-roswell-chicken-1398695.html

sparebulb
03-26-2012, 08:02 PM
Very sad.

moostraks
03-26-2012, 08:41 PM
I am so glad I don't live In Georgia anymore. The number of busybodies in the Atlanta area was overwhelming. None of them thought their poop smelled but they sure would go after a neighbor with a vengence. Code enforcement is a favorite friend of theirs....RIP Mr. Wordes

Anti Federalist
03-26-2012, 08:56 PM
Another victim of the war against the people.

Wonder how much media attention this will get?

Carson
03-26-2012, 08:58 PM
Wow

Lucille
03-26-2012, 09:49 PM
That poor man. The local tyrants won't lose a wink of sleep over it, no doubt.

Wordes fought back, winning over many residents when he took to the streets, handing out 500 chicks, to promote his cause. Supporters wore yellow T-shirts and "I Love Chickens" buttons to his court appearance.

I hope they never let up on those evil SOBs who drove him to suicide.

foxtrotterz
03-26-2012, 09:59 PM
Might I add, he was an absolute friend and champion of Liberty and the Constitution. I plan to make it to a City Council meeting in the coming weeks and deliver some kind of speech in his honor. I don't live in the City limits of Roswell, but just around the corner.

Ender
03-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Might I add, he was an absolute friend and champion of Liberty and the Constitution. I plan to make it to a City Council meeting in the coming weeks and deliver some kind of speech in his honor. I don't live in the City limits of Roswell, but just around the corner.

Good for you and God speed.

puppetmaster
03-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Our governments are murderers

vintage gardens
03-27-2012, 07:44 AM
the chicken man was my facebook friend and i had followed the things that were happening to him. the city of roswell absolutely bullied and harrassed this man. some of his neighbors were against him, too - so don't believe everything they say.

andrew wordes, in the end, was not strong enough & he lost the fight. but freedom loving americans should REMEMBER this government intrusion. all he wanted was to be left alone and have his animals. thru what they did to him: he lost his animals, his money, his guns, his freedom, his health, his good name, his home and then his life. and now some people don't want to be sympathetic.

Cowlesy
03-27-2012, 07:55 AM
Another victim of the war against the people.

Wonder how much media attention this will get?

60 seconds on the local news. Negative bias. At maximum.

moostraks
03-27-2012, 08:00 AM
60 seconds on the local news. Negative bias. At maximum.

And the mesage will be, Conform or else....

Lucille
03-27-2012, 09:00 AM
The law-and-order neoclowns in the comments (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/27/georgia-police-say-man-known-as-chicken-man-may-have-blown-up-home-to-avoid/#comment) on the Fox story are as compassionate as ever.