PDA

View Full Version : Vote for name/theme for April Moneybomb (April 15, 2012)

sailingaway
03-26-2012, 02:48 PM
I was asked to post these names thrown out in another thread.

post ideas below

Okie RP fan
03-26-2012, 02:51 PM
Thanks, SA. This is what we need.

Please take note of when the poll closes.

We will immediately begin the graphic and website (hopefully) creation tomorrow afternoon or evening after this poll closes.

opinionatedfool
03-26-2012, 04:14 PM
Operation American Freedom;)

KMX
03-26-2012, 04:34 PM
My grandfather was in Nam, I wear his dog tags everyday in his memory.

BRING THE TROOPS HOME! Lives that are being lost more important then anything else on the list. Just my thought.

cartemj06
03-26-2012, 04:48 PM
how about something to the effect of, Were not going anywhere, not stopping, not quitting, not backing down, not packing it in...

How about in it to win it?

How about a match the troops pledge, contest between the grassroots and the troops/veterans to see who can give more?
(contests might push the numbers up a little)

just saying, a little more open ended and a little more approachable for the common person. A support our troops would play well with the conservative mainstream. "If we support or troops and love our troops, let's listen to the troops!"

I am just throwing these out off the top of my head here. I do really feel like the theme needs to be more approachable for the common man and not the libertarian elite. Lets make our little club feel warm and cozy for them too, you know grow our movement. We need to appeal to a wider base than just us here I guess is what I am getting at.

RPES1
03-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Stop the fraud....

opinionatedfool
03-26-2012, 05:52 PM
Stop the fraud....

I think something a long the fraud line would actually motivate people to participate more... We need to think of a catchy phrase/theme...

orenbus
03-26-2012, 06:03 PM
http://www.dailypaul.com/223283/april-moneybomb-web-dev-designer-promotion-and-application-support-chipin

a6862411ea0d4df2

Ron Paul Supporters,

I noticed the last money bomb didn't really have a website, the creative drive, focused development, promotion and marketing support that it should have had. With regard to the creation of the April money bomb site, graphics, promotion, etc., the project should be elevated above a simple “volunteer assignment” in order to be truly effective. I know normally we would want people to volunteer for web development duty, but this might not be the best way to get the the results we need in terms of fund raising during the next money bomb date. Perhaps a new approach is necessary, and this project should be conceived in the same light as a professionally made promotional event as we've done in the past with our more efficient money bombs, and can grow from lessons learned to make the next one as successful as it can be. To that end, I thought would run this by you guys so that at least the idea would be on the table.

Both my friend Dave (graphic designer) and I (programmer) would like to work on the next money bomb as we did building out the site and marketing/advertising graphics as well as doing promotion and communications for www.NoOneButPaul.com back in February. In order to do this right we would need to be able to focus on the new site for April for the next few weeks working on it full-time. Below is a quick description for the project and a link to the associated chipin. Indeed, a chipin or other similar fundraising initiative must happen in order to cover of all the costs involved such as paying for email distribution to 10k+ subscribers from all the previous money bombs, advertising and promotion fees, hosting as well as misc expenses and be able to cover us for the next few weeks while we work on the site.
http://orenbus.chipin.com/moneybomb-web-dev

(chipin summary)
Hello Ron Paul Revolutionaries, I'm a programmer by trade and work with a great designer and we both have experience in the web development industry. We are both eager to work on the next money bomb website, graphics and applications come April, however in order to do this we would need to clear our schedules and be able to work on the site full-time for the next couple of weeks. In order to be done correctly we would have to invest quite a lot of time and resources, including what could amount to 100+ hours of work by each of us. Our intention is to create a polished, professional site, graphics and applications from the ground up. Although personal funds were expended for the NOBP Money Bomb that reached over $2 Million in Feb. a more concerted and professional approach with regard to funding is necessary. A realistic budget must be created that would cover the various costs. Some of the things that must be incorporated into this budget include mailing list distribution costs for 10K+ email addresses of Ron Paul supporters, as well as web hosting, and promotion of the MB. Manpower expenditures must be considered as well, because our own bills must be tended to during the few weeks of the site’s development even as we put our concerted, full-time effort to creating site that’s professional and effective. We believe that anything less than a full-time concerted effort would result in a marketing work, graphics, applications and a site that is haphazard, difficult to navigate, and – functionally speaking – unable to meet the demands of a site in which moneys are totaled, traffic is tallied, and buzz is generated to direct to the official site during the money bomb date.

We need your help in order to allow us to do this critical work by contributing what you can. We are ready to move on the money bomb promotion work, graphics, site, marketing, etc. and to do all the promotion work that would go with it to make sure that supporters across the country know where to go when the time comes. To that end, we plan to build viral applications that would draw supporters to a the site that will be easy to remember, just as we had done with No One But Paul, but this time, we will bring all the tools we can to the table to make sure that the new money bomb will generate more traffic and therefore more fund raising for the official campaign when the time comes. If this start up money can be raised in the next few days we can get started right away. Keep in mind that we are also open to suggestions for effective applications that would augment standard money bomb sites, even those that were used on Black This Out, Tea Party 11, No One But Paul, etc. Money Bombs.

Here is a link to NoOneButPaul.com as sample of the kind of site we can put together for the next money bomb.
http://www.noonebutpaul.com/

Chipin so that we can work on the April Money Bomb:

Thanks

seawolf
03-26-2012, 06:06 PM
Personal Freedom = Ron Paul

Thor
03-26-2012, 06:30 PM
//

CTRattlesnake
03-26-2012, 06:31 PM
Dont tread on me

DonovanJames
03-26-2012, 06:48 PM
Bring Them Home -- Might be able to link this to the Veteran March on RNC with Adam Kokesh

Okie RP fan
03-26-2012, 07:17 PM
It's really down to three for me (although the last is my least favorite of the three):

"Taxed Enough Already"
"Something's Happening Here"
"Bring Them Home"

"Stop the Spending" and "End the IRS" could play just as effectively into "Taxed Enough Already."

We've already had "Support Them Now" (and it wasn't even a favorite on here). And I think since we've already had a military themed MB, we should branch out a little bit and take a different direction.

DonovanJames
03-26-2012, 07:19 PM
Whatever it is going to be we're going to need to do it fast so we can get into the marketing stages. I would like to chipin to Orenbus to make a site and market -- I get paid on Friday and I am there for you man, sorry if you seem ignored in this

Origanalist
03-26-2012, 07:20 PM
American Rebirth-Liberty Spring

Okie RP fan
03-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Whatever it is going to be we're going to need to do it fast so we can get into the marketing stages. I would like to chipin to Orenbus to make a site and market -- I get paid on Friday and I am there for you man, sorry if you seem ignored in this

This poll closes on Wednesday. There is a reason for that, and that is because we have little time to argue. Basically, whatever the poll says by Wednesday, is what we are going with and we are going to promote the snot out of it.

Ekrub
03-26-2012, 07:25 PM
BTO was great because it fired us up. We need something like that. Don't have much to add but IMO these themes for some reason or another matter as much as the marketing.

DonovanJames
03-26-2012, 07:26 PM
The meaning of this POLL thread is being derailed -- Gotta decide with what we have and market the shit out of it. Many people didn't even know that Give Me Liberty was going on.

Can't let that happen again -- We're in for a gauntlet of primaries on April 24th and Ron Paul Campaign is going to need this bad. Message is great but its not what is the most important aspect of this is. Pick one and lets gogogo! Won't get anywhere if people keep throwing their names into the hat -- Everyone loves their own idea but we don't have time

Okie RP fan
03-26-2012, 07:27 PM
Yep, it's too late for other ideas at this point. Pick from the list and let's move along.

It's a good thing we have a date set.

Origanalist
03-26-2012, 07:29 PM
The meaning of this POLL thread is being derailed -- Gotta decide with what we have and market the shit out of it. Many people didn't even know that Give Me Liberty was going on.

Can't let that happen again -- We're in for a gauntlet of primaries on April 24th and Ron Paul Campaign is going to need this bad. Message is great but its not what is the most important aspect of this is. Pick one and lets gogogo! Won't get anywhere if people keep throwing their names into the hat -- Everyone loves their own idea but we don't have time

In other words vote for one of the above a quit adding new ones? Done, voted.

DonovanJames
03-26-2012, 07:31 PM
In other words vote for one of the above a quit adding new ones?

Yes please :D -- Going to try and link this thread to Facebook groups and meetup to get some more votes and hopefully get more people excited in helping

Paulatized
03-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Wish you would have added "Restore American Now." It was used as a chant at Southeastern Louisiana University when Ron spoke to a crowd of 1,100 people over the weekend and was very effective. But I know you gotta pick one and go.

orenbus
03-26-2012, 08:09 PM

Thanks man, appreciate it, yea Dave and I are willing to go whole hog on this and not sleep basically lol for the next couple of weeks to get this done, but we need support to do what we did for NoOneButPaul in terms of site, graphics, promotion, marketing, etc. and also be able to work on some of the things we didn't get around to last time like facebook apps, embedable-redistributable ticker (since it seems the official campaign has no interest in making one), possibly a twitter viral app, etc. but this all depends on getting support for the chipin and assuming everyone is on board with whatever theme is agreed upon by winning the poll so we can do this the right way and early on in the process, as opposed to waiting till the last second or having competing themes, etc.

If Dave and I and a couple of our friends are going to do this we need help to cover the fees and costs that go along with the support structure we'll need as well as help us to put in the hundreds of man hours that will be needed to do this right.

Chipin so that we can work on the April Money Bomb web, graphic, and marketing:

No Free Beer
03-26-2012, 08:11 PM
"In It To Win It"

PaulShark
03-26-2012, 08:13 PM
"In It To Win It"

This.... simple yet effective... and gives out the message that we aren't dropping out.

Endthefednow
03-26-2012, 08:16 PM
How about,

End The Fed - no need to pay interest on printed money

Sentinelrv
03-26-2012, 08:19 PM
Support Them Now/Bring Them Home was already done on 11/11/11 and it was the worst performing money bomb of the year. Why would it be listed here again?

sailingaway
03-26-2012, 08:21 PM
Support Them Now/Bring Them Home was already done on 11/11/11 and it was the worst performing money bomb of the year. Why would it be listed here again?

because I was asked to list it. Vote for something else.

I do like 'in it to win it', actually.

sailingaway
03-26-2012, 08:22 PM
I added "In it to win it"

Carson
03-26-2012, 08:24 PM
The Great Flood. Time to throw out the baby and start over with some fresh bath water.

NoOneButPaul
03-26-2012, 08:41 PM
Its Tax Day... it has to be End the IRS...

Okie RP fan
03-26-2012, 08:45 PM
"In It To Win It"

I like this as well.

And, since SA added it, it's valid.

DonovanJames
03-26-2012, 08:46 PM
I want to change my vote to "In It To Win It"

V3n
03-26-2012, 08:46 PM
END THE GAME

Works on multiple layers:

Put an end to gaming the system - election fraud theme
Put an end to the games - etch-a-sketch theme
Put an end to the game - the IRS (April 15th), the Fed, two-party-system, big government
Point out the other candidates are not talking about the ISSUES, they're playing games, Ron Paul is SERIOUS.
The games the media plays.

Time is running out - let's END THIS.

Adds urgency - fires up the base.

Carson
03-26-2012, 08:49 PM
Help a man that will help you for a change.

Carson
03-26-2012, 08:59 PM
Give till it feels good!

DonovanJames
03-26-2012, 09:20 PM
http://www.dailypaul.com/223213/april-15th-money-bomb-link-inside-for-poll --- Upvotes please! Lets get a lot of people in on this

Tiso0770
03-26-2012, 09:22 PM
How about....' A change you WILL believe in - one caring Doctor against the establishment'

Carson
03-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Do something special for yourself...

donate to the Ron Paul campaign.

DonovanJames
03-26-2012, 09:31 PM
492 Views = 41 Votes.

Math! HURTS!!!!

ichirix
03-26-2012, 09:32 PM
Just a thought... if you move it to April 20th, you could have a theme about the drug war.

twomp
03-26-2012, 09:36 PM
Someone posted it before but so I'm throwing it out there again... Voter Fraud Money Bomb

Ekrub
03-26-2012, 09:43 PM
END THE GAME

Put an end to the game - the IRS (April 15th), the Fed, two-party-system, big government
Point out the other candidates are not talking about the ISSUES, they're playing games, Ron Paul is SERIOUS.

I second this one.

J_White
03-26-2012, 09:46 PM
"American Spring 2012: Get off our backs ! "

PaulShark
03-26-2012, 09:55 PM
END THE GAME

Another damn good slogan worth adding to the poll.

Carson
03-26-2012, 09:56 PM
Someone posted it before but so I'm throwing it out there again... Voter Fraud Money Bomb

How about adding Stop to it?

Stop Election Fraud Money Bomb

DanK22
03-26-2012, 10:23 PM
I voted for Taxed Enough Already. When I saw that it's scheduled for April 15 I immediately thought of tax day, however this year it's April 17th. It baffles me when tea party darlings endorse someone other than the father of the tea party, so I thought this theme might help.

I love anagrams and wanted to point out if someone hasn't already that 'Our Plan' is an anagram of Ron Paul. Doubt it's worthy of a theme, but maybe it would make a good sign.

DonovanJames
03-26-2012, 10:26 PM
I voted for Taxed Enough Already. When I saw that it's scheduled for April 15 I immediately thought of tax day, however this year it's April 17th. It baffles me when tea party darlings endorse someone other than the father of the tea party, so I thought this theme might help.

I love anagrams and wanted to point out if someone hasn't already that 'Our Plan' is an anagram of Ron Paul. Doubt it's worthy of a theme, but maybe it would make a good sign.

I just realized that the Taxed Enough Already has the acronym TEA.. Party...

socal
03-26-2012, 10:29 PM
I think In It To Win It is the best choice above because you're trying to get existing supporters to donate as opposed to convincing new people to support Dr Paul. A big impediment to donations could be potential donors thinking they'd be throwing their money away, and that slogan would counteract that idea.

If the goal were different, like trying to get new backers, a theme based on the economy would be better.

fred584
03-26-2012, 10:31 PM
I third this one I voted for end the IRS but This may work better. I just think you should make it plural.

END THE GAMES NOW!!!!!!!!!

You could also add

End the Media Blackout

End the Coming Tyranny

End the Gangsters Rule

fr33
03-26-2012, 10:32 PM
I voted for "Bring Them Home" but I think it should instead be: "Just Come Home" because you Paulbots know you love those videos with that line in it :p

fred584
03-26-2012, 10:34 PM
I think In It To Win It is the best choice above because you're trying to get existing supporters to donate as opposed to convincing new people to support Dr Paul. A big impediment to donations could be potential donors thinking they'd be throwing their money away, and that slogan would counteract that idea.

If the goal were different, like trying to get new backers, a theme based on the economy would be better.

I think this is also a great one. This would also fire up all the people who voted for him so far. That is about 1 million people.

Somehow we need to get in touch with them through meetup groups and everything else.

We also need to get in touch with any group that is pro paul and doesn't know it. like the weed smokers. I got a DM From someone on my twitter account that wanted to get all of those people I will look it up

fr33
03-26-2012, 10:56 PM
We also need to get in touch with any group that is pro paul and doesn't know it. like the weed smokers.That's a large demographic in California and this video needs to be sent to all of them if possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHS_y94H1Dk

Getting this demographic to register and vote is a difficulty so info on that should follow this video.

And if there are any videos/webpages made about Ron's position on marijuana expressed in the book Revolution a Manifesto are available that would be good. He goes further into how mj prohibition started in that book than one would have expected him to do.

KMX
03-26-2012, 11:01 PM
NO ONE BUT PAUL!

J_White
03-27-2012, 12:04 AM
"Did you hear about the American Spring?" moneybomb. but maybe a bit long !

slamhead
03-27-2012, 12:31 AM
"Tampa or Bust Moneybomb"

Freespeech468
03-27-2012, 12:35 AM
why not host the money bomb on April 20th and call it the 420 money bomb?

In all seriousness, you'd get a lot of donations from the West Coast especially.

IterTemporis
03-27-2012, 04:54 AM
'In it to Win It' was not there when I voted. Please change my vote to 'In it to Win It'.

PolicyReader
03-27-2012, 05:02 AM
"In it to Win It"
There's a lot about any of them I like but from a promotion stand point and considering the current state of the race I believe the above is our best option.
Remind everyone that no matter how many times the MSM says it we're not here to talk about liberty and hope they give it to us, we're here to fight for liberty and we're not going anywhere. (also it's 'catchy' which may be trivial but it really does help)

Barrex
03-27-2012, 05:38 AM
Me being a village idiot again:

When will this 1% of the work be done (choosing name) and 99% of work begin (marketing)? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?368968-April-Money-Bomb-Planning-and-Promotion-Thread&p=4311809&viewfull=1#post4311809)

I dont get it...........

orenbus
03-27-2012, 05:43 AM
Me being a village idiot again:

When will this 1% of the work be done (choosing name) and 99% of work begin (marketing)? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?368968-April-Money-Bomb-Planning-and-Promotion-Thread&p=4311809&viewfull=1#post4311809)

I dont get it...........

Most of the marketing work you list would be covered by Dave (graphic designer) and I (programmer) assuming we can get support through this chipin and as soon as there is agreement on the theme through this poll which should be resolved by tomorrow as far as I understand the deadline for this poll. Realistically speaking if we can hit the chipin target by tomorrow then by the following week and a half most of the needed online work would be completed, again this is assuming we can get support for the enormous amount of work that will need to be done in a very short period of time if we are looking at April 15th for the money bomb. I'm about to send out an email to 10K+ subscribers on various mailing lists I have access to and ask for their help on this chipin as well so we can get the ball rolling ASAP as well as point them to this thread so they can start to become involved in the conversation. I agree with your larger point in that thread that you linked however, that there should be more coming together of effort by various groups through every resource they have available to them.

April Moneybomb Web Dev, Designer, Promotion and Application Support - Chipin (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?369185-April-Moneybomb-Web-Dev-Designer-Promotion-and-Application-Support-Chipin)

a6862411ea0d4df2

justatrey
03-27-2012, 05:56 AM
How about this one, 373 signed up so far on Facebook:

"It's All About Delegates" Moneybomb - 4/21
http://www.facebook.com/events/394383547257495/

DonovanJames
03-27-2012, 07:38 AM
Most of the marketing work you list would be covered by Dave (graphic designer) and I (programmer) assuming we can get support through this chipin and as soon as there is agreement on the theme through this poll which should be resolved by tomorrow as far as I understand the deadline for this poll. Realistically speaking if we can hit the chipin target by tomorrow then by the following week and a half most of the needed online work would be completed, again this is assuming we can get support for the enormous amount of work that will need to be done in a very short period of time if we are looking at April 15th for the money bomb. I'm about to send out an email to 10K+ subscribers on various mailing lists I have access to and ask for their help on this chipin as well so we can get the ball rolling ASAP as well as point them to this thread so they can start to become involved in the conversation. I agree with your larger point in that thread that you linked however, that there should be more coming together of effort by various groups through every resource they have available to them.

Noticed your Chipin date was set to End 4/29 -- Can you make it 4/30? This GML Money-bomb has put me in a bad way financially and I won't get paid until Friday

DonovanJames
03-27-2012, 07:42 AM
Oh and UPVOTE THIS DAILYPAUL BREAD:

http://www.dailypaul.com/223213/april-15th-money-bomb-link-inside-for-poll

If we can get as many people here and involved in the creative process it will (Hopefully) garner more enthusiasm and activism from volunteers.

With Ron Paul's delegate strategy unfolding, and scores of delegates coming out of the hard fought caucus states, we need to capitalize on this!

MichaelEdelstein
03-27-2012, 09:06 AM
Change "Bring Them Home" to "Bring Them Home NOW!"

Okie RP fan
03-27-2012, 09:46 AM
THE DATE IS APRIL 15TH.

We kept the arguments for the date short, for many obvious reasons.

As for the ideas, notice that the poll closes tomorrow. We also did this for obvious reasons, one being that we need time to plan and promote.

There is a huge slate of primaries on the 24th. The campaign needs the money a.s.a.p. but, we need enough time to plan. So, the 15th is the date.

Pick from one of the choices on the poll. There is still too much talking and ideas being thrown around. It is too late for that.

justatrey
03-27-2012, 09:56 AM
THE DATE IS APRIL 15TH.

We kept the arguments for the date short, for many obvious reasons.

As for the ideas, notice that the poll closes tomorrow. We also did this for obvious reasons, one being that we need time to plan and promote.

There is a huge slate of primaries on the 24th. The campaign needs the money a.s.a.p. but, we need enough time to plan. So, the 15th is the date.

Pick from one of the choices on the poll. There is still too much talking and ideas being thrown around. It is too late for that.

OK fair enough, voted for "In It To Win It". I really liked the "It's All About Delegates" theme, but this is close enough.

DonovanJames
03-27-2012, 11:14 AM
In It to Win It is currently In It to Win It =]

joshnorris14
03-27-2012, 11:43 AM
This is ridiculous. You have 2 anti-tax options that split the vote with over 30 votes. Let's have the voting between the anti-tax one and take the troops and ridiculous "in it to win it" options out.

CTRattlesnake
03-27-2012, 11:52 AM
Anyone else concerned this is too close to the past money bomb? 3 weeks may not be enough time.....

sailingaway
03-27-2012, 11:56 AM
Change "Bring Them Home" to "Bring Them Home NOW!"

welcome to the forum!

We can tinker with it if it wins, but at the moment 'in it to win it' is ahead...

sailingaway
03-27-2012, 11:57 AM
This is ridiculous. You have 2 anti-tax options that split the vote with over 30 votes. Let's have the voting between the anti-tax one and take the troops and ridiculous "in it to win it" options out.

the ridiculous 'in it to win it' option is currently winning....

joshnorris14
03-27-2012, 12:03 PM
the ridiculous 'in it to win it' option is currently winning....

Did you even read my post? It's winning because the two anti-tax options are split. If the OP would've only had one anti-tax option it would be winning big.

And "In it to win it" is just dreadful. I swear to god most of you know zero about marketing.

Barrex
03-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Bumping this:

Most of the marketing work you list would be covered by Dave (graphic designer) and I (programmer) assuming we can get support through this chipin and as soon as there is agreement on the theme through this poll which should be resolved by tomorrow as far as I understand the deadline for this poll. Realistically speaking if we can hit the chipin target by tomorrow then by the following week and a half most of the needed online work would be completed, again this is assuming we can get support for the enormous amount of work that will need to be done in a very short period of time if we are looking at April 15th for the money bomb. I'm about to send out an email to 10K+ subscribers on various mailing lists I have access to and ask for their help on this chipin as well so we can get the ball rolling ASAP as well as point them to this thread so they can start to become involved in the conversation. I agree with your larger point in that thread that you linked however, that there should be more coming together of effort by various groups through every resource they have available to them.(emphasis mine)

April Moneybomb Web Dev, Designer, Promotion and Application Support - Chipin (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?369185-April-Moneybomb-Web-Dev-Designer-Promotion-and-Application-Support-Chipin)

a6862411ea0d4df2

Creating web page s just a first step. It need to be followed with rest of things I mentioned (and many more that I didnt).

Could you create all your web pages to be "skeleton". so that when next moneybomb comes you guys just change pictures and skin on your construction of this moneybomb. It will save a lot of money and time.
Or better yet ask previous people who had moneybomb to give you all work they have done and you just change pictures, links, videos and banners....

organization, organization, organization.....By my humble opinion we lack the most.

40oz
03-27-2012, 12:19 PM
Something's Happening Here FTW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5M_Ttstbgs

Eric39
03-27-2012, 12:40 PM
None of the above. Its time. Dont tread on me money bomb

DonovanJames
03-27-2012, 02:13 PM
None of the above. Its time. Dont tread on me money bomb

We've got the donation base -- We just need a name and a cause that signifies that a donation now is not a "lost cause" investment.

With District rounds for the hard fought caucus states starting to conclude and reveal more and more tried and true Ron Paul delegates we need people who are being beat in the face by MSM "Romney has it clinched" narrative to start getting excited about the chances of this campaign winning.

Setting up for Rand 2016? NO!
Just getting a bargaining chip at the RNC? NO!
For a message to spread? NO! (yes)
Chance at being a VP? NO!

We all took an oath for Ron Paul or none at all -- We're in it to win it... Why else would we still be here?

PolicyReader
03-27-2012, 02:16 PM
Did you even read my post? It's winning because the two anti-tax options are split. If the OP would've only had one anti-tax option it would be winning big.

And "In it to win it" is just dreadful. I swear to god most of you know zero about marketing.
So explain why/how one of the others is better & why/how that's not a good choice. Otherwise it's just sour grapes.

ItsTime
03-27-2012, 02:23 PM
In it to win it or taxed enough already.

Okie RP fan
03-27-2012, 03:06 PM
Remember, the poll closes tomorrow afternoon and we go with whatever wins the most votes, period.

Also, please consider donating or passing the information around regarding orenbus' web development for this next money bomb:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?369185-April-Moneybomb-Web-Dev-Designer-Promotion-and-Application-Support-Chipin

JJ2
03-27-2012, 03:18 PM
I just realized that the Taxed Enough Already has the acronym TEA.. Party...

Could a mod add "TEA Party" in parentheses to the "Taxed Enough Already" poll option for those who aren't aware of the connection?

I say it's time we take back the TEA Party!!!

Okie RP fan
03-27-2012, 07:07 PM
Certainly no reason for this to be on page 2 already.

seawolf
03-27-2012, 07:14 PM
Please vote if you have not already done so. We need a decision and get moving fast on this April 15th Money Bomb. Only 19 days to plan and promote this event!!!

Tomorrow afternoon cannot come fast enough.

DonovanJames
03-27-2012, 07:37 PM
Please vote if you have not already done so. We need a decision and get moving fast on this April 15th Money Bomb. Only 19 days to plan and promote this event!!!

Tomorrow afternoon cannot come fast enough.

Agreed! I am going to annoy the hell out of some people with this Moneybomb :) If you aren't getting unfriended on Facebook then you aren't doing it right!

InTradePro
03-27-2012, 07:45 PM
A range of poor poll options.

I voted for "in it to win it", as best of a poor bunch.

How about "Win delegates moneybomb" or "President Paul!" and follow up with "President Paul for prosperity" etc.

Carson
03-27-2012, 07:54 PM
Something's Happening Here FTW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5M_Ttstbgs

Good thread music!

but..."In it to win it."

socal
03-27-2012, 07:57 PM
We could have a 2nd vote with the top 3 of the existing poll.

Also, like PolicyReader said, explain why you don't like the current leader, and why you do apparently like one of the anti-tax ones. It's probably true I and many others here don't know much about marketing, but I'm sure most of us are willing to change our mind and are flexible.

jemuf
03-27-2012, 08:40 PM
The media bias is what's hurt the Paul campaign this time and in '08. It still persists.

"Black This Out II Moneybomb!"

Media Bias = Lies = Propaganda

V3n
03-27-2012, 08:52 PM
I don't think anything is more effective than making the base angry. Like the first November 5th, and Black this out. We're fired up by chants of REVOLUTION.
I think an angry or rebellious phrase is best - so I submitted "END THE GAME". (and I concede defeat)

That being said - I will support the eventual nominee.

Eric.Nordstrom
03-27-2012, 09:16 PM
I don't think anything is more effective than making the base angry. Like the first November 5th, and Black this out. We're fired up by chants of REVOLUTION.
I think an angry or rebellious phrase is best - so I submitted "END THE GAME". (and I concede defeat)

That being said - I will support the eventual nominee.

I had planned on doing up the dot com domain... blowback2012 as a moneybomb. I am stuck at a military academy and don't have the time. I hereby donate the domain. If you all find it appealing for use in April... message me.

All the best,

Eric Nordstrom

sailingaway
03-27-2012, 09:18 PM
I had planned on doing up the dot com domain... blowback2012 as a moneybomb. I am stuck at a military academy and don't have the time. I hereby donate the domain. If you all find it appealing for use in April... message me.

All the best,

Eric Nordstrom

Welcome to the forums!

Okie RP fan
03-27-2012, 09:21 PM
We could have a 2nd vote with the top 3 of the existing poll.

Also, like PolicyReader said, explain why you don't like the current leader, and why you do apparently like one of the anti-tax ones. It's probably true I and many others here don't know much about marketing, but I'm sure most of us are willing to change our mind and are flexible.

He wants his "End the IRS" idea to win, that's all.

Second, we aren't having another vote. We do not have time. This poll closes tomorrow afternoon and from there we are moving on as quickly as we can to start creating graphics and what not.

joshnorris14
03-27-2012, 09:55 PM
He wants his "End the IRS" idea to win, that's all.

Second, we aren't having another vote. We do not have time. This poll closes tomorrow afternoon and from there we are moving on as quickly as we can to start creating graphics and what not.

Don't put words in my mouth please.

I don't want "my" choice to win, I want Paul to raise the most amount of money possible. If I had the choice I'd retract my vote to vote for the Taxed Enough Already option.

Now, if you want to know why it is a terrible choice, here's why. The title of the moneybomb should act as a catalyst to get people fired up and to entice people to donate. When I here "End the IRS" it's very bold and it's one of the things I'd like to accomplish. It's putting our ideals out there and setting out to accomplish them. Secondly, it happens to be the perfect opportunity now that we are going through tax season and everyone's mind is on taxes. You run with that and use that as your advantage 1) Because the people who pay in to the system usually have money available to spend and will be more likely to spend it on the campaign during an anti-tax moneybomb and 2) because the people who get their money back who might not usually have much to spend actually do for once. It's a good opportunity to do MORE than you otherwise would.

But then there is this "In it to win it" idea. It has no emotional appeal. You might say the ultimate goal is to win, but it's not, the ultimate goal is to see our ideas advanced as far as they go with the goal being that we are in an incredibly strong position to affect change. If Ron Paul wins, it's not for the sake of winning, it's for the sake of things like Ending the IRS and income tax.

mad cow
03-27-2012, 10:26 PM
Taxed Enough Already or End The IRS.April 15th brings out a visceral hatred among all voters of any stripe who have spent years pouring their tax dollars down a rathole.Those of us that support Ron Paul will donate what we can even if it is called The Happy Springtime Moneybomb.Let's shoot for some new blood,NO TAXPAYER likes april 15th.

ronpaulhawaii
03-27-2012, 10:40 PM
A silver lining of being maxxed out:

$50 - Your transaction ID for this payment is: 0E610154LX829112M.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?369185-April-Moneybomb-Web-Dev-Designer-Promotion-and-Application-Support-Chipin

sailingaway
03-27-2012, 10:41 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ronpaulhawaii again

Gradient
03-27-2012, 11:21 PM
I think the Moneybomb should be called "The Message Not the Man"

Salvial
03-28-2012, 12:32 AM
I got it!

Why not "The WILDCARD Moneybomb"?

We are the wildcard because we OWN the Independents
We are the wildcard because we WIN the delegates
We are the wildcard because Ron is honest and CONSISTENT
We are the wildcard because we are not funded by big banks

Eh... eh? Not to mention that we attract young democrats away from Obama. If we want to win, we need a wildcard!

That should be our narrative.

PauliticsPolitics
03-28-2012, 05:18 AM
It seems like this poll is coming down to "In It to Win It" and "Taxed Enough Already" ... While it appears that "In It to Win It" will get the most votes, it should be noted that the pro-tax-day vote is being split between "Taxed Enough Already" and "End the IRS" - At this moment, these two combined actually have the most votes. This suggests that a Tax-themed bomb is actually most popular. I feel we should take this into account when tabulating the votes.

kathy88
03-28-2012, 05:32 AM
In it to Win it is currently in the lead. VOTE people.

orenbus
03-28-2012, 06:07 AM
A silver lining of being maxxed out:

+Rep, thanks Michael!

lfrml
03-28-2012, 06:21 AM
How about "Win delegates moneybomb" or "President Paul!" and follow up with "President Paul for prosperity" etc.

Voted for Taxed Enough Already (although maybe I shouldn't be voting since I'm
maxed out. So I'll give to Orenbus' chip-in.)

In hindsight, I wish there had been a "President Paul" moneybomb a couple of months ago.
I like seeing those two words next to each other. Could have been the January moneybomb
right after Ron took second in New Hampshire. Can't even remember the name of the
January moneybomb ... something about South Carolina.

Okie RP fan
03-28-2012, 07:44 AM
Well, people better get to campaigning for whatever idea they want to win. It's getting close and the poll closes at 3:49 P.M. today.

"In it to Win It" and "Taxed Enough Already" are the two best choices I believe for this money bomb, and rightfully so that they are leading.

fred584
03-28-2012, 07:46 AM
I just came up with a new one that may be better than " In it to win it"

How about

Finance Freedom

Just an idea I do like the idea of President Paul also

orenbus
03-28-2012, 07:58 AM
I think the Moneybomb should be called "The Message Not the Man"

I like this one, kind of reminds me of the V for Vendetta intro and the "you can't kill an idea" meme throughout the movie, also talks to the idea that this campaign and the moneybomb is more than just this election cycle it's a symbol for all of us to change this country at a local level and how it will be a long battle but one we will eventually win.

A range of poor poll options.

I voted for "in it to win it", as best of a poor bunch.

... "President Paul!" ...

... In hindsight, I wish there had been a "President Paul" moneybomb a couple of months ago...

The media bias is what's hurt the Paul campaign this time and in '08. It still persists.

"Black This Out II Moneybomb!"

Media Bias = Lies = Propaganda
I also like "President Paul" theme which is more neutral but something everyone could get behind. And I like the idea of doing "Black This Out" II, since it was probably the most successful theme this cycle and speaks truth to the ridiculous amount of power the media has in our elections, there is no rules out there that says we can't use a theme again instead of having to come up with something completely new. To be honest I don't particularly like any of the themes listed in the poll per say, probably SHH is the closest one as it adds drama to the message which should invoke emotion and be able to communicate that easily, but still not as good as some of the other proposed themes above. Anyway, ultimately I'll support whatever theme is chosen, I don't want a repeat of the competing theme frustrations we ran into in Feb. and to that end I'll probably abstain from voting and let you guys decide whatever theme and I'll work within those parameters, everyone should get behind whatever theme is agreed upon so we stand unified, even if the theme chosen may not be your first choice.

Edit: By the way when I read the first post about the theme "President Paul" first thought in my head was a song Memefilter and AG1RL did for their weekly webcast they do every wed/sun called "Presidential Paulitics" (www.eggage.com/ronpaul) Here is a video of the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMRTadk-xy0

DonovanJames
03-28-2012, 08:19 AM
...But ultimately I'll support whatever theme is chosen, I don't want a repeat of the competing theme frustrations we ran into in Feb. everyone should get behind whatever theme is agreed upon so we stand unified.

I completely agree with that but I thought it was funny to bring the irony of this parallel :)

Polls closing today, please don't become disgruntled if the name you wanted to support did not get the "nomination" -- We know there could be better, there always is better. There have been many money-bombs already in this election cycle and therefor are deluted in effectiveness but the goal of each is clear and concise -- they need money, we need to win.

This is a place for activism and grassroots helping to volunteer to do more than sit idly by whilst the political tides continue to roll across the nation.

memefilter
03-28-2012, 08:57 AM
Oh hey, thanks for the plug Orenbus! To all, feel free to use that song for anything grass roots - I wrote the bulk of it way back in '08 hoping it'd become an "anthem" for this cycle, so it's really intended for y'all to blare on sidewalks etc. Our show PRESIDENTial PAULitics is news and analysis, weds and sun 8pm EST/EDT, and it's just two long term supporters sitting at our desks covering current events. Feel free to check it out, join the chat... the usual. :D

RP2012!

roho76
03-28-2012, 11:50 AM
I like the Buffalo Springfield title.

francisco
03-28-2012, 12:05 PM

How about

Finance Freedom

Finance Freedom

I've got to say, I really like that!! I wish I could change my vote.

Salvial
03-28-2012, 01:11 PM
I got it!

Why not "The WILDCARD Moneybomb"?

We are the wildcard because we OWN the Independents
We are the wildcard because we WIN the delegates
We are the wildcard because Ron is honest and CONSISTENT
We are the wildcard because we are not funded by big banks

Eh... eh? Not to mention that we attract young democrats away from Obama. If we want to win, we need a wildcard!

That should be our narrative.

No-oneż

amberjack
03-28-2012, 01:37 PM

How about

Finance Freedom

None of the choices are particularly strong..

I LOVE the idea of a "Finance Freedom Moneybomb"

jaktober
03-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Start thinking California!

sailingaway
03-28-2012, 04:54 PM
Start thinking California!

that really isn't a driving vote issue for most Californians.

Carson
03-28-2012, 07:34 PM
that really isn't a driving vote issue for most Californians.

Illegal immigration chaps some peoples hide.

Personally I think we are going to have to regain control of our currency before we can regain control of our borders, our war department, or our government.

President Ron Paul actions could be a good example for the world to follow and regain control of theirs.

A while back I started wondering where the money was coming from to buy off the politicians and subvert the immigration laws of the world. I came across what may be the answer; Fiat money. (For the way a corruptly run fiat works click to embiggen the Super Dollar below.).

Not only are there those that can print up what ever amount they want to get there way, their rampant spending has devalued all of the honest hard earned money people had and depended on. The squeeze it has put all of us under has driven many to illegal activity to stay in business.

DonovanJames
03-28-2012, 09:22 PM
IN IT TO WIN IT!!!!!!!!!

jamezelle
03-28-2012, 09:48 PM
In it to win it is the best of the choices.

orenbus
03-28-2012, 10:03 PM
Okay so before I start to ask Dave to begin making graphics and I go through the motions of building out the web apps wanted verify a few things:

1. Are we decided then on "In It To Win It"? I know the decision making was done pretty quickly and only a few people had a chance to voice their theme ideas initially in the other thread over the course of a couple of days so many who are paying attention now may not have had a chance to participate in the initial theme selection for the poll. Although I do understand the need to decide this and move on it as fast as possible as it stands right now we have 17 days until April 15th, not a lot of time for promotion work. Most of the web infrastructure for the site is already completed, however graphics will need to be created from scratch the entire process from theme decision to going live took us a week and a half last time for NOBP, we should be able to get the site and associated initial work done probably half that time, but say that ends up being 4-5 days that gives us 12 days then for promotion of course things can be added on as we go so perhaps we can get the presence going ASAP once theme is final and work around promotion activities which then could be same day so we can get the word out early. In any case we do have some flexibility if we need another two days to hash out theme or we can just go with what we have now. For the February MB we ended up having two polls because most people didn't really have a chance to vote on the initial one (not enough people know it was going on especially the Daily Paul folks) and NOBP ended up being the final theme chosen which got picked up by the campaign and ended up working out for the most part in the end, we had about the same amount of time as we do now perhaps an additional week to work with, anyway figured I would ask to make sure we are good to go on this theme and to make sure we aren't going to change our minds in the next day or two if we start working on this now.

2. We're still going to need to have the chipin reach 100%, right now we are at 25%. If you can't chipin please ask others to do so this is essential so that we can do the work that is needed and cover the costs involved.

3. I'll need to know who all is interested in being involved in core promotion duties for this money bomb through social networking activities (facebook, twitter, etc.), I can do this solo if needed but if some of you are interested in participating please post here if you plan on being actively involved so we can start to work on some of the initial activities. You'll need to devote at least one hour per day to promotion activities.

Thanks

Okie RP fan
03-29-2012, 12:39 AM
I believe the fairest way to move now is to accept the "In it to Win It" theme. We do not have time to mess with the theme anymore.

And the date has been set since the beginning. There is a big slate of primaries on the 24th, so, we need to make sure the campaign has the money well before then.

DonovanJames
03-29-2012, 07:20 AM
Okay so before I start to ask Dave to begin making graphics and I go through the motions of building out the web apps wanted verify a few things:

1. Are we decided then on "In It To Win It"? I know the decision making was done pretty quickly and only a few people had a chance to voice their theme ideas initially in the other thread over the course of a couple of days so many who are paying attention now may not have had a chance to participate in the initial theme selection for the poll. Although I do understand the need to decide this and move on it as fast as possible as it stands right now we have 17 days until April 15th, not a lot of time for promotion work. Most of the web infrastructure for the site is already completed, however graphics will need to be created from scratch the entire process from theme decision to going live took us a week and a half last time for NOBP, we should be able to get the site and associated initial work done probably half that time, but say that ends up being 4-5 days that gives us 12 days then for promotion of course things can be added on as we go so perhaps we can get the presence going ASAP once theme is final and work around promotion activities which then could be same day so we can get the word out early. In any case we do have some flexibility if we need another two days to hash out theme or we can just go with what we have now. For the February MB we ended up having two polls because most people didn't really have a chance to vote on the initial one (not enough people know it was going on especially the Daily Paul folks) and NOBP ended up being the final theme chosen which got picked up by the campaign and ended up working out for the most part in the end, we had about the same amount of time as we do now perhaps an additional week to work with, anyway figured I would ask to make sure we are good to go on this theme and to make sure we aren't going to change our minds in the next day or two if we start working on this now.

2. We're still going to need to have the chipin reach 100%, right now we are at 25%. If you can't chipin please ask others to do so this is essential so that we can do the work that is needed and cover the costs involved.

3. I'll need to know who all is interested in being involved in core promotion duties for this money bomb through social networking activities (facebook, twitter, etc.), I can do this solo if needed but if some of you are interested in participating please post here if you plan on being actively involved so we can start to work on some of the initial activities. You'll need to devote at least one hour per day to promotion activities.

Thanks

Warp speed!

Edit: I will be active in the promotion of this money-bomb but I have no skills

I can provide enthusiam and ideas that are derived from a self preservation. If there is another money-bomb where I have to donate x4 in a row I will be financially destroyed.

carterm
03-29-2012, 09:13 AM
it seems like the people over at dailypaul are talking about "END the IRS" moneybomb. just make sure we're on the same page if possible.

DonovanJames
03-29-2012, 09:51 AM
it seems like the people over at dailypaul are talking about "END the IRS" moneybomb. just make sure we're on the same page if possible.

https://www.facebook.com/events/417529714927235 -- They've got a Facebook page already started

Personally I dont really care what the name of the bomb is we just need to promote SOMETHING

If no one is in complete opposition I'm willing to just go with End The IRS

DonovanJames
03-29-2012, 11:07 AM
I have posted this in the facebook site...

While it doesn't matter to me what the name of the MB is since I believe that 90% of their success is by promotion, marketing and the collective of online Paul activists doing what they can (Inherently, the drive to do so is based on one's own liking for the name) I would like to point some general oberservations.

There are 1 million people who have voted for Ron Paul in the Republican Primary; Our primary goal should be to contact as many of those people as humanly possible about the next April 15th Moneybomb. This takes small amounts of work from a large amount of people, but sitting around and waiting for someone else to do it is not an option.

With that being said. At this point in the race, the Media has lambasted the public opinion that Ron Paul is only still in this contest for a bargaining leverage at the RNC Platform. Or he is going for VP. Or he is setting up Rand 2016.

Those are all wrong. We, as continued supporters understand this. We, the ones who are continually being tapped for donations and digging ever deeper into our pockets, but we CANNOT afford another MB like Give Me Liberty.

WE NEED NEW AND MORE SOURCES OF REVENUE!

Unfortuneatly, the soft supporters and general public do not dig as deeply for true delegate counts or projections like ourselves. They do not want to donate for a cause they feel is already over.

Myself, like many of you, would LOVE and are actively seeking the abolishment of the Fed and IRS but we are not the ones who need to be catered to for donations. With the delegate results starting to roll out from the earlier caucus states we need to use this Moneybomb as a tool to also spread articles, videos, news reports of Ron Paul WINNING in conjunction with links to the donation page.

That is why I am in favor of the name, like the linked poll suggests, in favor of the IN IT TO WIN IT moneybomb. I know it may not be the most passion deriving message but we do not have time to effectively market and campaign if we do not act immediately.

Thanks