PDA

View Full Version : Delegate training all this week for Tarrant County Texas.

KMX
03-26-2012, 02:30 PM
This needs to be on front page!!

Delegate training all this week in Tarrant County Texas.

Precinct conventions are VERY SOON!!! (April 3rd)

Please make sure you are planning to attend delegate training this week. We live in a republic, not a democracy. Voting in the primary doesn't actually pick Ron Paul, it only gives instructions to your party representatives on how you want them to vote. If you support Ron Paul and want to vote for him, you have to become a delegate or at least come elect the people you want to represent you in those votes. Delegates are the ones who will actually be voting for Ron Paul (or someone else) Don't wait until it's too late and you realize you didn't do what needed to be done.

GOP Convention Training

Jeremy Blosser is holding 1 hour GOP Convention Training sessions, all
this week.

Monday through Friday, March 26 through March 30, at 6 pm and at 8 pm

Location: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown.

Address: 1111 West Lancaster Avenue, Fort Worth, TX

Google Maps Location:
http://maps.google.com/​maps?q=1111+West+Lancaster+Aven​ue%2C+Fort+Worth% 2C+TX

If you have never been to a Precinct Convention or a Senate District
Convention -- YOU NEED TO GO TO THIS TRAINING !!!

We have one shot at this. Please don't blow it. Go to your Precinct
Convention on Tuesday, April 3rd, fully trained and fully prepared.

If you have been to these conventions before, we still need a head
count, to know who is coming to the Precinct Conventions. Sign-up and
let us know that you are going to the Convention but not training.

You can sign up on FaceBook at Events:
http://www.facebook.com/​events/

Or at our MeetUp group site: http://www.meetup.com/​cfl-tarrant/

Tarrant County Precicnt lines
http://tcweb.tarrantcounty.com/evote/lib/evote/maps/voting_precincts.pdf

Precicnt convention locations.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmqgQXQ71oildGJUdm9zWU8zMVBTQlhoU0pZbkltO UE#gid=0

Join our Facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/rp2012tarrant/

gerryb
03-26-2012, 03:57 PM
I approve this message

PolicyReader
03-26-2012, 04:15 PM
I approve this message
Second the motion ;) :)

KMX
03-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Oh did I mention it's FREE!!!

PolicyReader
03-26-2012, 05:21 PM
^^^^^Even better :D

sailingaway
03-26-2012, 06:53 PM
It's on the front page!

Oddone
03-26-2012, 07:40 PM
I just got back from the first session of the week. Another session started 30 minutes ago. We had a great showing! Jeremy gave us some good information on the local and Texas delegate selection process. We also got to learn a bit about local politics.

I suggest anyone who can make it to come out and get some training before April 3rd! Also note every county is different this year, some aren't doing precinct conventions or they may have a different date.

1. Texas is crazy this year
2. Everything is different
3. Your precinct and or senate district may have changed due to re-districting

Use the following link to find your precinct and your Senate district. Under select plan, choose Overlay plan, then choose the Court Order Interim Senate Plan. Then at the top right click Precinct. Now find your home, the colored area is your precinct and the red number, with an outline around the area is your senate district.
http://gis1.tlc.state.tx.us/

EDIT: I would also like to add that precinct locations will be posted by tommorow at http://tcgop.org/

QuickZ06
03-26-2012, 08:19 PM
So guess I'm getting some FREE education!

KMX
03-26-2012, 10:59 PM
Just got back myself. It was great! Came away with a bunch of good information.

DELEGATES!

KMX
03-27-2012, 07:43 AM
If you are not a delegate then what are you doing?

Delegates are the ones that TRULY vote for the person NOT the public.

BECOME A DELEGATE WE NEED THIS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad.

KMX
03-27-2012, 08:59 AM
bump

Tyler_Durden
03-27-2012, 09:21 AM
I missed it yesterday. I'll be there tonight.

Viva La R3VOLution!! :)

muh_roads
03-27-2012, 10:14 AM
In a winner-take-all primary state, how effective can delegates be if we're not in first? When primary states vote, they aren't just a straw poll vote like caucus states.

KMX
03-27-2012, 10:15 AM
Tarrant County Precicnt lines
http://tcweb.tarrantcounty.com/evote/lib/evote/maps/voting_precincts.pdf

Precicnt convention locations.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmqgQXQ71oildGJUdm9zWU8zMVBTQlhoU0pZbkltO UE#gid=0

Crotale
03-27-2012, 10:22 AM
It's threads like these that need to be kept bumped in Grassroots Central since they get knocked down by all the other junk that gravitates here. So....bump. :)

Darguth
03-27-2012, 10:32 AM
I have a friend who lives in Austin, TX and is a RP supporter. Who should I put him in touch with? PM me please if you have details.

jFico89
03-27-2012, 10:39 AM
If you are in the Fort Worth area, and want to help this cause, please help us out. The Liberty For All Super PAC will have a walk list of Ron Paul people in Fort Worth by tomorrow and it would be great if we could have some volunteers going door to door. It would be great if we could get someone to help us out up there and convince these people to attend these delegate trainings . Time is running out so please message me if you are interested.

gerryb
03-27-2012, 10:48 AM
In a winner-take-all primary state, how effective can delegates be if we're not in first? When primary states vote, they aren't just a straw poll vote like caucus states.

Lets say Ron Paul wins Texas with 100% of the primary vote.

Do you think it will matter, if his people are not serving as the delegates that go to Tampa? They will change the rule(properly, via the rules) and unbound the delegates.

Also, how do you change the rules so it is no longer winner-take-all for next time?

Get on board with Ron Paul's strategy to take back the Republican Party!

muh_roads
03-27-2012, 11:01 AM
Lets say Ron Paul wins Texas with 100% of the primary vote.

Do you think it will matter, if his people are not serving as the delegates that go to Tampa? They will change the rule(properly, via the rules) and unbound the delegates.

Also, how do you change the rules so it is no longer winner-take-all for next time?

Get on board with Ron Paul's strategy to take back the Republican Party!

Lets be realistic...Paul is not going to win 1st place in Texas.

I think it is more important for primary states to focus on taking over the senate districts and congressional districts at this point to make the future easier for the next freedom candidate. Becoming chairs and vice chairs and making sure you hold the positions works like a caucus process where achieving that is actually possible.

Any primary state that votes after April 1st is a lost cause for us.

TurkishMarch
03-27-2012, 11:34 AM

I think it is more important for primary states to focus on taking over the senate districts and congressional districts at this point to make the future easier for the next freedom candidate. Becoming chairs and vice chairs and making sure you hold the positions works like a caucus process where achieving that is actually possible.

The point of having Paul-supporting delegates in states like TX where we're not expecting to win the popular vote or a large number of bound delegates, is because of the effect it would have in the event of a brokered convention, which looks more likely every week. At the convention, once the bound delegates become unbound, they can support whomever they want. I believe Texas delegates become unbound after one round of voting. (Need to verify.)

gerryb
03-27-2012, 11:59 AM

I apologize in advance for being rude: Do you even understand what this thread is about?

KMX
03-27-2012, 12:33 PM
Don't tread on my thread :0) with negativity.

Texas delegates DO become unbound after one round. Texas is sending 152 to Tampa. Get your @$$ in training and let's get this rolling. We need people to be in training and at the precinct convention on April 3rd. This is the 1st step and should be a freaking breeze!

If you are NOT in Tarrant County and are posting on this thread it should be for incouragement or for bumping only. If it's negativity slap yourself.

If you are in Tarrant get your bum to training and get set b/c we are going to make history in Tampa when we take the brokerd convention.

KMX
03-27-2012, 01:23 PM
D
E
L
E
G
A
T
E
S
!!!
!!!
!!!

Tyler_Durden
03-27-2012, 02:02 PM
Texas delegates DO become unbound after one round.

If you are in Tarrant get your bum to training and get set b/c we are going to make history in Tampa when we take the brokerd convention.

I'm Tyler Durden of Tarrant County and I motion to be a Santorum Delegate.... :cool:

KMX
03-27-2012, 02:12 PM
6pm or 8pm tonight!

PolicyReader
03-27-2012, 02:13 PM
Don't tread on my thread :0) with negativity.

Texas delegates DO become unbound after one round. Texas is sending 152 to Tampa. Get your @$$ in training and let's get this rolling. We need people to be in training and at the precinct convention on April 3rd. This is the 1st step and should be a freaking breeze!

If you are NOT in Tarrant County and are posting on this thread it should be for incouragement or for bumping only. If it's negativity slap yourself.

Update bump: Spread this around some, hope to get more liberty folks to show up. Delegates for anyone who is unclear on the idea, this is how we win
Thanks KMX to you and the folks taking care of this.

I'm Tyler Durden of Tarrant County and I motion to be a Santorum Delegate.... :cool:
"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Tyler_Durden again"

Crotale
03-27-2012, 04:03 PM
Bump.

Is delegate training happening in all states as well?

gerryb
03-27-2012, 04:07 PM
Bump.

Is delegate training happening in all states as well?

Mostly, no. The campaign has done some in the caucus states, but hasn't set up anything in many other states from what I have seen. Most states don't have a grassroots organized enough to perform training like this, so it is mostly learning by experience.

Crotale
03-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Mostly, no. The campaign has done some in the caucus states, but hasn't set up anything in many other states from what I have seen. Most states don't have a grassroots organized enough to perform training like this, so it is mostly learning by experience.

Shame. It's a good idea. :( I'm sure that the grassroots everywhere have done/are doing their best though.

Anyway, well done to Ron Paul supporters in Texas for getting organised like this.

PolicyReader
03-27-2012, 04:14 PM
I think there's some effort for the same happening in NY and CA because the grassroots there is pretty organized.

jemuf
03-27-2012, 09:45 PM
I approve this message

I disapprove of this message. Are you not broadcasting Ron Paul delegate training info to the public? Shouldn't Ron Paul delegate training info be disseminated to just known Paul supporters?

I'm an alternate delegate to state for Ron Paul. I attended Ron Paul delegate training/organizing. It was coordinated by a local Ron Paul coordinator who contacted known Paul supporters. Therefore only Paul supporters were at the delegate training.

The most important goal of this prior meeting was to get to know other Paul supporters and create a strategy AKA a slate. There were 5 delegate slots available; therefore the 25 of us supported just 5 (united we stand). We won all 5 slots.

I think the mods should delete these kind of threads and message the OP. You can bet Gingrich, Santorum, and Romney supporters read this forum.

gerryb
03-27-2012, 09:50 PM
I'm signed up as a supporter on every oppositions website/campaign -- what's the difference?

KMX
03-27-2012, 10:21 PM
Hope everyone had fun tonight!

jblosser
03-28-2012, 01:15 AM
I have a friend who lives in Austin, TX and is a RP supporter. Who should I put him in touch with? PM me please if you have details.

PM me his info and I'll put him in touch with our people in Austin.

jblosser
03-28-2012, 01:16 AM

Texas is not winner take all, it is entirely proportional this time. 10% in the primary will be around 15 delegates pledged on the first round. After the first round, they're all unpledged (this time).

jblosser
03-28-2012, 01:19 AM
I disapprove of this message. Are you not broadcasting Ron Paul delegate training info to the public? Shouldn't Ron Paul delegate training info be disseminated to just known Paul supporters?

I'm running the training being posted here and coordinating training statewide and I'm fine with people posting it. Y'all do what you think you need to do in your area, and so will we. We've never played the "stealth" game in Tarrant County and I'll line up our wins against anyone else's in the country. Does that mean one size fits all? No, but nor do people everywhere have to believe you can't progress unless you hide. At some point you're cutting off your nose to spite your face if you hide too much.

Tyler_Durden
03-28-2012, 06:35 AM
I attended the training last night and will be taking a friend this evening, along with f/u questions I have. Good stuff....

KMX
03-28-2012, 06:54 AM
GET EM Boys!

I do not hide. I wear Ron Paul on my sleeve.

Tyler_Durden
03-28-2012, 07:16 AM
I was excited to learn that the State Convention will be in Tarrant County.

I'm looking forward to this, hypothetically speaking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBhr2yPOWMQ&sns=em

WilliamC
03-28-2012, 07:37 AM
I know we've got a very motivated person here in North Mississippi working hard to coordinate our meetings on the 28th and I'm trying to make myself available through her to anyone in Desoto/Tate counties who wants to work together.

I've never been a leader but I am an empathic thinker, a 5 with a 4 wing on the enneagram (http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/),and in order to more fully integrate along my optimal personal growth trajectory I need to move towards an 8 and directly challenge the natural leaders out there-either by supporting those who's positions align with my own or by obstructing those who's positions oppose my own-and simultaneously integrate my 4 wing towards the 2 to force me to act more from my empathy, which as a 5 with a 4 wing is actually hyperdeveloped but suppressed.

At least if you have any belief in the enneagram (http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/)system of personality development that is.

Oh yes, thanks to everyone who is actually getting involved in the delegate process this time. It's a far better situation to be in than 2008 that's for sure!

KMX
03-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Be there tonight!

Turn outs have been good!

6PM or 8PM tonight

KMX
03-28-2012, 02:22 PM
Bump

Ronulus
03-28-2012, 02:23 PM
I'll be there tomorrow.

LibertyGroup.org
03-28-2012, 02:55 PM

I don't think TX is winner-take-all. Isn't it proportioned, even though the delegates are bound on the first round of voting at national? On the first round of voting, they don't even need to poll the delegates for their votes. If I'm right, 4% of the vote, as RP did in 2008, still doesn't get you any delegates. I'm don't know the exact rules and percentages, and don't have time right now to look it up.

I realized this was already answered after I posted it. Now I can't delete it. Never mind.

LibertyGroup.org
03-28-2012, 03:04 PM
Delete post.

LibertyGroup.org
03-28-2012, 03:05 PM

I think the mods should delete these kind of threads and message the OP. You can bet Gingrich, Santorum, and Romney supporters read this forum.

I can't help but believe that the advantages and increased delegate numbers as a result of mass communications greatly outweigh anything the opposition could be doing as a result of knowing about it that they weren't going to do otherwise. There may be spies attending the meetings, as there likely were in 2008, but so what? Nothing's being explained at training they don't already know about the process. As for Santorum, he has no ground organization anyway. Just big government, big spending social conservatives who will be in his back pocket without one.

PolicyReader
03-28-2012, 07:58 PM
I'll be there tomorrow.
+rep for being involved :D

Tyler_Durden
03-28-2012, 08:48 PM
Just got home from the training. I went 2 days in a row by taking a friend who couldn't go yesterday. I'm glad I went again. I had more questions prepped and gained more insight. It was a great 6pm and 8pm turnout! :)

KMX
03-28-2012, 10:16 PM
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love it

Ok Tarrant COunty Listen up!!

If you want Ron Paul elected as your next presiendet make sure you are in training this week and become a delegate April 3rd. There should be no excuses we are talking about changing the course of history. We can not do that unless we are putting 110% in to it. This week it's time to drop what your doing and make sure you are doing this.

We need people in Training and prepared for April 3rd.
We need people on foot in Tarrant County ASAP!! like yesterday!
I have a list of most of the Ron Paul supporters in Tarrant County. Post up your city and e-mail. I will get you that list. WE NEED TO BE DOING THIS all week. KNOCK on doors and Get people to become delegates!!! Let's go team!

or email me your city it don't matter. Korydwatkins21@yahoo.com

KMX
03-29-2012, 08:32 AM
Jeremy Blosser is Adding delegate training tomorrow (Friday) at 2pm and 4pm, same location. I'll post the events later.

That means training ALLLLLL day. 2pm, 4pm, 6pm & 8pm

We are having a bunch of people show up so please keep spreading the good word and bumping this thread. We are going to take the delegates in Tarrant County!

CowTown
03-29-2012, 01:14 PM
I'll be there tonight. Looking forward to it.

PolicyReader
03-29-2012, 02:29 PM
Just got home from the training. I went 2 days in a row by taking a friend who couldn't go yesterday. I'm glad I went again. I had more questions prepped and gained more insight. It was a great 6pm and 8pm turnout! :)

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love it

Ok Tarrant COunty Listen up!!

If you want Ron Paul elected as your next presiendet make sure you are in training this week and become a delegate April 3rd. There should be no excuses we are talking about changing the course of history. We can not do that unless we are putting 110% in to it. This week it's time to drop what your doing and make sure you are doing this.

We need people in Training and prepared for April 3rd.
We need people on foot in Tarrant County ASAP!! like yesterday!
I have a list of most of the Ron Paul supporters in Tarrant County. Post up your city and e-mail. I will get you that list. WE NEED TO BE DOING THIS all week. KNOCK on doors and Get people to become delegates!!! Let's go team!

or email me your city it don't matter. Korydwatkins21@yahoo.com
:D +rep

also information on training shared and re-shared.

Ronulus
03-29-2012, 10:23 PM
Just got home. Anyone that can please attend one of these. If you are not in tarrant county but a surrounding county or drivable, get there and learn.

PolicyReader
03-29-2012, 10:36 PM
Just got home. Anyone that can please attend one of these. If you are not in tarrant county but a surrounding county or drivable, get there and learn.
+rep for attending.

KMX
03-29-2012, 11:21 PM
Come help or come to the class. Let's go Tarrant County!

If you need help on what to do please call me. 817 673 0028.

KMX
03-30-2012, 12:06 PM
Bump. Big things all weekend CALL ME. Dedicate this weekend to Ron Paul!!
817 673 0028

KMX
03-30-2012, 09:23 PM
I Had a blast today. Went door to door most of the day and ended it with a little phone calling. If I could do this everyday I would ;0)

KMX
03-31-2012, 07:35 AM
We have classes all day. Go to the class and then make some phone calls. We need help so if you can today please donate some time to help Dr. Paul become our next president.

QuickZ06
03-31-2012, 09:35 PM
Anything for Sunday?