PDA

View Full Version : There Are More Americans In Jail Than There Were In Stalin’s Gulag Archipelago

John F Kennedy III
03-26-2012, 01:20 PM
There Are More Americans In Jail Than There Were In Stalin’s Gulag Archipelago

Henry Blodget
businessinsider.com
March 24, 2012

There are now more Americans in jail — 6 million — than there were in Stalin’s Gulag, reports Fareed Zakaria, in a column called “Incarceration Nation.”

And it’s not just a relative population thing.

The U.S. has 760 prisoners per 100,000 citizens.

How does that compare to other countries?

It's 7X-10X as high:
Japan has 63 per 100,000,
Germany has 90 per 100,000
France has 96 per 100,000
South Korea has 97 per 100,000
*Britain has 153 per 100,000

And it's also a relatively new phenomenon: In 1980, the U.S. only had 150 prisoners per 100,000 citizens.

What's to blame?

The "War on Drugs."

More than half of America's 6 million prisoners are in jail for drug convictions, with 80% of those in jail for "possession."

By the way, has the "war on drugs" worked?

Um, no.

There are still drugs everywhere.

So, maybe it's time we stopped throwing people in the slammer for possessing them.

article here:
http://www.infowars.com/there-are-more-americans-in-jail-than-there-were-in-stalins-gulag-archipelago/

original article here:
http://www.businessinsider.com/how-many-americans-in-jail-2012-3

HOLLYWOOD
03-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Because the clowns in Washington DC and the State Capitals need a "campaign ticket" to run upon. "I'll lock up anybody that look's or thinks evil..." "strong against crime"

It's all repeatedly shoved down the throats of Americans via every avenue of communications(visual/audio/print) Now who is it that controls the media and also works hand in hand with the government?

There's your crimes... Media and Government in Bed together 24/7.

What better way than TV, with all it's police and crime shows... TV/Radio with your 5AM, 6AM, 7AM, 9AM, NOON TIME, 5PM, 6PM, 10PM, & 11PM Police and Crime reports... All your movies with Crime and Social Engineering scripts.. on & on

In just 2011 alone, 40,000 new laws were passed across America. I don't have the stats on how many are good but I betcha 99.9% were against freedom and liberties.

What makes it worse, it's Liberty and Justice for the Privileged Connected and Powerful only. We know the Federal and State government have made the economic conditions worse with regulations, taxes/fees, and inflation.

John F Kennedy III
03-26-2012, 07:15 PM
I couldn't have said it better myself.