PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Paul will be on South Park Wednesday night (10 pm ET)

LisaNY
03-26-2012, 07:23 AM
with the others.

Can someone embed this clip?

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/411067/tango-tango

sailingaway
03-26-2012, 07:27 AM
I could have sworn he was in it before, in 2008, but I couldn't find it afterwards.

Thanks!

And I don't know how to embed it, I'm afraid!

hillertexas
03-26-2012, 07:52 AM

Butchie
03-26-2012, 08:05 AM
I guess I'm out of the loop, what does "Faith Hill an event" mean??

sailingaway
03-26-2012, 08:08 AM

I suspect if we watch SouthPark they will clue us in. I have no idea.

LisaNY
03-26-2012, 08:10 AM

I have no idea, but I'm sure it won't be pretty.

jcarcinogen
03-26-2012, 08:11 AM
I don't know what it means either. Perhaps related to this? http://www.nationalledger.com/pop-culture-news/faith-hill-protects-tim-mcgraw-921599.shtml

Minlawc
03-26-2012, 08:12 AM
I'm surprised they're using actual sound clips from the debates. I'm quite interested to find out what "Faith Hilling" is.

Tinnuhana
03-26-2012, 08:14 AM
So the South Park crew is Faith Hilling while the other three candidates are Ron Pauling?

2young2vote
03-26-2012, 08:22 AM
This could be a very interesting episode.

Maltheus
03-26-2012, 08:34 AM
Can go either way, since they (Matt & Trey) seem less libertarian now than they clearly were in the past.

fatjohn
03-26-2012, 09:02 AM
Mmh, no way Paul is going to come out worse than the others. Either it will have no effect on the campaign or it will be a positive. I´m happy to see they´ll do an episode.

nasaal
03-26-2012, 09:06 AM
They'll roast him like they roast anyone else. Doesn't bother me. Paul isn't some untouchable messiah and it is good that people realize that we understand that. A lot of people are turned off by the perception that we see Paul as some infallible being beyond reproach. I love south park. Yes it is a rough brand of comedy that isn't for everyone. But for whatever reason I find the show to be absolutely genius. Nothing is off limit to them, and I love that fact.

DanK22
03-26-2012, 09:06 AM
I have no idea about the 'faith hill-ing', but the video reminds me of the final part of Inglourious Bastards. I do like that the audience clapped while Paul was speaking.

robskicks
03-26-2012, 09:21 AM
This will be epic.

All my wilds dreams are coming true, vote for pedro!

revned
03-26-2012, 09:24 AM
First time Ron Paul is cartoonized for a television show?

How are Matt and Trey less libertarian than before? I mean I suppose Hollywood has take a toll on their political views.

Wonder if Ron will watch the episode himself -- lol.

RPES1
03-26-2012, 09:44 AM
First episode of season 10 of South Park talking about the TSA(toilet safety administration) and invading our privacy, was hilarious.

Massachusetts
03-26-2012, 09:50 AM
The voices are dead on.

TheGrinch
03-26-2012, 09:55 AM
Can go either way, since they (Matt & Trey) seem less libertarian now than they clearly were in the past.

How so? Either way, I think they believe what they believe without regard to labels.

And actually, did you watch the TSA episode a couple weeks ago? It was not only a spoof on them, but moreover, on government/beaurocracy invading all of the facets of our lives. I'm not sure what's more libertarian than that.

DanK22
03-26-2012, 09:57 AM
The voices are dead on.

I believe they're using the audio from a couple of the debates.

BuddyRey
03-26-2012, 10:03 AM
Maybe they mean "faith healing."

KCIndy
03-26-2012, 10:05 AM
Nothing is off limit to them, and I love that fact.

Well, almost nothing. Didn't they cave on the whole "image of Muhammad" thing? Or was that entirely Comedy Central's doing?

TheGrinch
03-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Maybe they mean "faith healing."
Na, it says "Faith Hilling" as the title of the episode, not Tebowing ;)

Barrex
03-26-2012, 10:19 AM
As long as he doesnt kill Kenny I am OK with it.

YOU BASTARDS

John F Kennedy III
03-26-2012, 10:27 AM
So the South Park crew is Faith Hilling while the other three candidates are Ron Pauling?

Lol. I'm hoping this turns out to be entertaining.

devil21
03-26-2012, 10:38 AM
Oh this should be gooooood. Im sure Faith Hilling relates to Faith Healing in some way and will poke fun at the religious overtones of the GOP candidates (probably less so for RP and more so for Santorum). SP has never minded bashing religion. That clip reminded me of the glitterbombing too.

PaulShark
03-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Judging by the episode title, synopsis, and what south park has done in the past, my guess is that an ancient alien race has seen the rapid advancement of humans and have been afraid of it. So they infiltrated our politicians in order to prevent our advancement. I suppose "faith hilling" is a spin off of faith healing, and I suppose these alien creatures are also quite demonic. They could very well be "crab people", a running gag since the show's inception. So essentially the people would be rising up against their government. This may very well be a pro-paul episode, but don't be surprised if he dies gruesomely for ruining their scheme. Then again even Ron Paul may be one of these creatures, but this episode excites me.

Or I may be completely wrong and these evil creatues represent something else and the politicians have to be overtly religious to keep them from doing harm.

No Free Beer
03-26-2012, 10:52 AM
Well, almost nothing. Didn't they cave on the whole "image of Muhammad" thing? Or was that entirely Comedy Central's doing?

CC

Darthbrooklyn
03-26-2012, 10:53 AM
If the TSA episode is any indication, they may be ok to Paul..

HOLLYWOOD
03-26-2012, 10:59 AM
Nice Pic selection Huffington Post... forget someone? :rolleyes:

'South Park' Boys Attend GOP Debate In 'Faith Hilling' Episode Preview (VIDEO)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/26/south-park-boys-attend-go_n_1379748.html?ref=comedy

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/545992/thumbs/s-SOUTH-PARK-GOP-DEBATE-large.jpg

If you've been waiting to see what "South Park" would do with the GOP presidential debates, look no further than the sneak preview of this week's episode below. Like many satirists this year, when it comes to lampooning the candidates, Matt and Trey found no better material than the actual audio from the campaign.
Tragedy threatens to strike South Park this week when both mankind and another species' evolution begin to accelerate at a rapid and disturbing pace, according to a press release for the episode entitled "Faith Hilling." When a battle to the death takes place (is that what we're calling the debates these days?) “Faith Hilling,” whatever that is, may be humanity’s only hope.
"South Park" airs Wednesday, March 28 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central

LisaNY
03-26-2012, 11:03 AM
The jerks at Huff Post blacked out cartoon Ron :mad:

flynn
03-26-2012, 11:03 AM
If Matt and Trey know about the GOP establishment vs Ron Paul as the nomination goes on, and this coming episode centers around it, it will be epic.

LisaNY
03-26-2012, 11:17 AM
Nice Pic Selection Huffing Post... forget someone? :rolleyes:

'South Park' Boys Attend GOP Debate In 'Faith Hilling' Episode Preview (VIDEO)

Seriously, why would they go through the trouble of cutting him out of a bloody cartoon? Are they that fucked in the head over at the Huffington Post?

skyorbit
03-26-2012, 11:33 AM
How come I can't get it to connect?

cartemj06
03-26-2012, 11:48 AM
Faith hilling: keeping someone off of someone else's junk...
The boys will try to keep republicans off peoples genitals?

Crickett
03-26-2012, 11:56 AM
I think that is the point. Faith Hill is about THE most benign country singer. Never seemed to be any sort of activist, or anything..just make up a scenario and they leap on it. It is sort of like saying Mickey Mouse, but that everyone would immediately just know is ridiculous.

amonasro
03-26-2012, 12:06 PM
Neat. Matt & Trey should be on our side, problem is most people are too daft to figure it out, even South Park's audience.

I mean look at this satire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI

unknown
03-26-2012, 12:06 PM
South Park has served as a mouth piece for the establishment. They tow the government's line on Saddam and conspiracy theories.

I'm going to expect a hit piece.

crh88
03-26-2012, 12:10 PM
South Park has served as a mouth piece for the establishment. They tow the government's line on Saddam and conspiracy theories.

Neat. Matt & Trey should be on our side, problem is most people are too daft to figure it out, even South Park's audience.

Lulz

amonasro
03-26-2012, 12:12 PM

Disagree. They ride the line between their actual beliefs (libertarianism) and the establishment. There was one episode about banking and the bailouts that was pretty great. They might skewer Ron for his downfalls (speaking style, talking over peoples' heads) but never his philosophy.

TheGrinch
03-26-2012, 12:18 PM

You either must not watch much South Park, or don't see the satire. The show uses innocent (and often the only rational) kids to show up how screwed up all the adults are.

I'm not even going to get into refuting that their mouthpieces for anyone, because there are just too many instances that show that Matt and Trey do whatever they want in a very politcal way, in spite of, not in support of TPTB.

The TSA/beaurocracy mocking episode is the most recent, but watch Team America. It's all very much satire.

TheGrinch
03-26-2012, 12:23 PM
Disagree. They ride the line between their actual beliefs (libertarianism) and the establishment. There was one episode about banking and the bailouts that was pretty great. They might skewer Ron for his downfalls (speaking style, talking over peoples' heads) but never his philosophy.
Haha, and it's gone (oddly enough used against bitcoin in this tube, and in favor of gold/silver)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fErOzTcWixw

PaulConventionWV
03-26-2012, 12:26 PM
The voices are dead on.

I think those are recordings of the original voices...

Ivash
03-26-2012, 12:50 PM
I don't remember anything on Iraq, but thank God they 'toe the (rational) line' on most conspiracy theories. Seriously, anyone who actually is a 'truther' isn't even worth listening to.

eff
03-26-2012, 12:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxmUwiN0R6U&feature=youtube_gdata_player
figured it had something to do with that.

HOLLYWOOD
03-26-2012, 01:07 PM
Here Communist Arianna Huffington and Peon Post Puppets...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/mzcmdr/RON%20PAUL%202012/Huffington_Post.png

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/mzcmdr/RON%20PAUL%202012/Huffington_Post4.png

40oz
03-26-2012, 01:15 PM
Hilled (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hilled&defid=3604425)
To be whipped, owned, or under the control of a women. What Faith Hill has done to Tim McGraw.
Billy is so hilled by his new girlfriend, he never comes out anymore.

Urban Dictionary (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=faith+hilled)

Czolgosz
03-26-2012, 01:16 PM
[B]Nice Pic selection Huffington Post... forget someone?]

Pretty damn blatant.

edit: what size pic do they normally put up on pieces in this section?

Noblegeorge
03-26-2012, 01:42 PM
If its even one quarter as funny as ManBearPig, im gonna be laughing my ass off.

DerailingDaTrain
03-26-2012, 01:57 PM
Mankind's evolution begins to accelerate at a rapid and disturbing pace. Concurrently, another species on the planet is exhibiting the same drastic development. Eventually the two species will battle to the death and "Faith Hilling" may be humanity's only hope.

That's the description for this episode. So the Republicans are all aliens?

I just found this online and I like it:

South Park co-creator Trey Parker is actually a registered member of the Libertarian Party.Fellow co-creator Matt Stone sums up their views with the comment "I hate conservatives, but I really fucking hate liberals."

In August 2006, Parker, Stone, and Sullivan headlined a conference in Amsterdam hosted by the libertarian monthly magazine Reason. During an on-stage interview with Reason editors Nick Gillespie and Jesse Walker, Stone and Parker reaffirmed their discomfort with labels while acknowledging that their political views could be described most accurately as libertarian and rejected the direction of the Republican Party that they described as "more government and more Jesus".

HOLLYWOOD
03-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Pretty damn blatant.

edit: what size pic do they normally put up on pieces in this section?Yeah, the section they cropped is at the 13 second mark into the video clip.

Here's what it should of looked like:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/mzcmdr/RON PAUL 2012/Huffington_Post_uncropped.png
HUFFINGTON POST Censorship of Ron Paul

NoOneButPaul
03-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Whatever happens I hope its positive for Paul... their reputation with me rests on it. They could just as easily throw him in with the rest and turn it into an implied hit piece.

They have a huge opportunity here to really help the good Doc out, I really hope they don't fuck it up.

LisaNY
03-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Yeah, the section they cropped is at the 13 second mark into the video clip.

Here's what it should of looked like:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/mzcmdr/RON PAUL 2012/Huffington_Post_uncropped.png
HUFFINGTON POST Censorship of Ron Paul

This almost deserves it's own thread.

WACKO COMMIES AT HUFFINGTON POST BLACK OUT CARTOON VERSION OF RON PAUL!

Seriously, I wonder if South Park/Comedy Central would approve of them altering their work like this?

jbauer
03-26-2012, 03:08 PM
why, they're doing it just to get a rise out of "us" Who the F cares what huffington post thinks?

TheGrinch
03-26-2012, 03:13 PM
why, they're doing it just to get a rise out of "us" Who the F cares what huffington post thinks?
If it was just the Huffington Post, no one would give a crap, but the media is seriously pretending like Dr. Paul has dropped out of the race, and has for a while. There are countless examples of them just showing and talking about the other 3 candidates, to the point that Jon Stewart even called them out as far back as Iowa.

Havax
03-26-2012, 03:18 PM
Why is everyone assuming this will center around Ron Paul? I bet that clip will be the most you see of him the whole episode.

thesnake742
03-26-2012, 03:20 PM
Seriously guys, everyone asking for a favor from these guys needs to watch the TSA episode from two weeks ago. They already threw us quite a bone. Nothing directly linked to Paul but they DESTROY the TSA, which is one of his larger talking points.

jeremiahj13
03-26-2012, 03:35 PM
Why is everyone assuming this will center around Ron Paul? I bet that clip will be the most you see of him the whole episode.

I agree with this.

Tom in NYC
03-26-2012, 03:46 PM

I tend to agree. I'd be willing to bet there's an anti-government message in this episode, but just as with the financial meltdown/unlimited credit card episode from a few years back, Ron's message won't be the focus.

Paulitics 2011
03-26-2012, 03:46 PM

100% Comedy Central.

2young2vote
03-26-2012, 03:56 PM
This almost deserves it's own thread.

WACKO COMMIES AT HUFFINGTON POST BLACK OUT CARTOON VERSION OF RON PAUL!

Seriously, I wonder if South Park/Comedy Central would approve of them altering their work like this?

They literally took a screen shot, went into a photo editing program, and cropped Ron out of the picture. :mad:

Keith and stuff
03-26-2012, 04:07 PM

In the clip he talked more than the other 3 combined.

Revolution9
03-26-2012, 04:08 PM
They'll roast him like they roast anyone else. Doesn't bother me. Paul isn't some untouchable messiah and it is good that people realize that we understand that. A lot of people are turned off by the perception that we see Paul as some infallible being beyond reproach. I love south park. Yes it is a rough brand of comedy that isn't for everyone. But for whatever reason I find the show to be absolutely genius. Nothing is off limit to them, and I love that fact.

South Park sucks. I can't sand the animation. Very cheap. It is not the greatest cartoon show and is not infallibly beyond criticism for pulling a fast one and relying on potty humor. Nothing is off limits to me either. Your sacred cultural cow is peurile and amateuresque ...mind you there is a grand and ineloquent audience for such garbage.,.

Rev9

PreDeadMan
03-26-2012, 04:23 PM
South Park rules they make fun of the idiotic stories in the news which is awesome they are the anti mainstream cartoon show lol

twomp
03-26-2012, 04:32 PM
South Park sucks. I can't sand the animation. Very cheap. It is not the greatest cartoon show and is not infallibly beyond criticism for pulling a fast one and relying on potty humor. Nothing is off limits to me either. Your sacred cultural cow is peurile and amateuresque ...mind you there is a grand and ineloquent audience for such garbage.,.

Rev9

I say the audience for South Park is more informed than the audience for Fox News! Seriously!

heavenlyboy34
03-26-2012, 04:36 PM

Rev9
Much like minimalism, South Park is not about nice animation, but animation as a vehicle for a message. It is absolutely a valid art form, but tastes are subjective. :o

TheGrinch
03-26-2012, 04:44 PM
Seriously guys, everyone asking for a favor from these guys needs to watch the TSA episode from two weeks ago. They already threw us quite a bone. Nothing directly linked to Paul but they DESTROY the TSA, which is one of his larger talking points.
This. I think this episode will be entirely unrelated to Paul, they've done as much as their going to do with regard to our interests with that episode.

IMO, if Dr. Paul is any part of the plotline in this episode, it will only be in a so ridiculous sort of way along with the other candidates (judging by the preview), that it will have nothing to do with his perception in reality. The South Park guys often use one thing as a jumping off point to talk about something completely different (i.e., the TSA one was about a "Toilet Safety Adminsitration"), so I wouldn't expect that the republican candidates are being used for anything but a jumping off point for a ridiculous story, likely with completely different undertones (it might be mocking the Tebowing "craze" for all we know).

Very doubtful it's going to be favorable, negative, or even loosely related to Dr. Paul specifically or in reality.

rp713
03-26-2012, 05:10 PM
lol its sad and funny the lengths they go to censor RP. even a drawing of him on a screenshot of a cartoon show. its just amazingly ridiculous.

TheLibertarianNationalist
03-26-2012, 05:17 PM
I don't mind South Park mocking Ron Paul or anything. Obviously any politician in the public eye can be made fun of by comedians. But on a more personal note, I have to say South Park hasn't been funny for seasons. This new season has been an absolute abomination, truly the worst ever for Matt & Trey. And they are signed for 3 more seasons? Just cancel the show already and let it die. For some reason American television can't let any funny show end properly.

RipperNT
03-26-2012, 05:21 PM
I don't mind South Park mocking Ron Paul or anything. Obviously any politician in the public eye can be made fun of by comedians. But on a more personal note, I have to say South Park hasn't been funny for seasons. This new season has been an absolute abomination, truly the worst ever for Matt & Trey. And they are signed for 3 more seasons? Just cancel the show already and let it die. For some reason American television can't let any funny show end properly.

The Coon and the Space Jail episodes were horrific. I still enjoy most of them but South Park has been on since I was in elementary school, but I still enjoy most of them. Well trying to goto sleep and watching on Hulu type of enjoyment! I'm intrigued by Faith Hilling.

03-26-2012, 05:21 PM
I'm no big cartoonist or anything, and I can't draw for shit. But I somewhat agree with John K. the creator of Ren & Stimpy when it comes to modern day animation. Show like Simpsons, South Park, and Family Guy are sloppy and lazy. In the new episodes of Family Guy the characters just stand there like logs without even blinking, really awkward. I don't know how that makes for good television.

Here (http://johnkstuff.blogspot.com/)is his blog if you're interested: http://johnkstuff.blogspot.com/

robskicks
03-26-2012, 05:37 PM
the reason southparks animation is so sloppy is because they write the show the same week as it airs. this allows them to be extremely on topic

TheGrinch
03-26-2012, 05:45 PM
the reason southparks animation is so sloppy is because they write the show the same week as it airs. this allows them to be extremely on topic
Not exactly... When they started the show, they only had the means to do it that way, and it got picked up anyway because of the content. Now they have an ability to do it with computers and do throw in some nice animations now and then, but it's now made to look like it did originally, not because they're lazy or they can't do it better in a short timeframe. They can...

Family guy on the other hand, is lazy in every way shape or form... But anyone who knocks the Simpsons must not have watched it before 2000, back when that show was pure genius... I'm very surprised though that the genius of Matt and Trey is lost on some of you though. They're the poster child for not mainstream, push it to the limit of what they call "decency" (which they end up making look extremely foolish).

For one thing, just the fact that they hate actors so much that they do animation and puppets in movies, should tell you something about where they stand with regard to the mainstream...

Though you are correct though that doing it by computer has allowed them to keep the content as fresh as possible for years now.

neverseen
03-26-2012, 07:38 PM
Anyone have a stream for CC?

03-26-2012, 09:52 PM
Anyone have a stream for CC?

Not a stream but if you want South Park just go to www.StansDad.com they are usually uploaded only a day after it's aired.

TheeJoeGlass
03-26-2012, 09:59 PM
This will be ugly for Ron and we shouldn't watch or hype this show.

QuickZ06
03-26-2012, 10:09 PM
Gonna have to tune in for this.

mport1
03-26-2012, 10:14 PM
Trey and Matt are pretty libertarian. They have had a ton of shows with strong libertarian themes over the years, and I can't remember any that have been anti-liberty. I would think the only reason they would make fun of Ron Paul is for his Christianity/not believing in evolution (great critiques IMO), or for the fact that he stutters a lot and talks past people. I'm guessing the other candidates will be made to look worse than him.

Eric39
03-26-2012, 10:30 PM
This will be ugly for Ron and we shouldn't watch or hype this show.

Are you sure about that?

They made it look like when he talked, he was actually saying something. Plus, like another said, Tray and Matt are pretty libertarian.

I strongly doubt they'd make him look bad.

BLS
03-26-2012, 10:37 PM
I've given up. I'm apathetic again.
This country deserves what's coming.

“From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back into bondage.”

Keith and stuff
03-26-2012, 11:13 PM
Not a stream but if you want South Park just go to www.StansDad.com they are usually uploaded only a day after it's aired.

The same is true for the official site, http://www.southparkstudios.com/

TheeJoeGlass
03-26-2012, 11:32 PM
Are you sure about that?

They made it look like when he talked, he was actually saying something. Plus, like another said, Tray and Matt are pretty libertarian.

I strongly doubt they'd make him look bad.

Matt and Tray hate people that are against abortion and they are no fan of Ron Paul. That clip was making fun of how pointless all these debates are. And they played the clip that made Ron sound like he was rambling

Ivash
03-27-2012, 12:10 AM
Trey and Matt are pretty libertarian. They have had a ton of shows with strong libertarian themes over the years, and I can't remember any that have been anti-liberty. I would think the only reason they would make fun of Ron Paul is for his Christianity/not believing in evolution (great critiques IMO), or for the fact that he stutters a lot and talks past people. I'm guessing the other candidates will be made to look worse than him.

Dr. Paul doesn't believe in evolution? I don't agree that ones' religious beliefs should be mocked, however.

Nissassa
03-27-2012, 01:15 AM
They seem to be pretty anti-Obama lately however. I hope they portray him in a good light though, but usually they just rip on anyone featured in the show.

alucard13mmfmj
03-27-2012, 01:26 AM
I'll just stick with my anime and My little Pony =s

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m19am1SKwq1qgaob4.jpg

WilliamShrugged
03-27-2012, 06:34 AM
Matt and Tray hate people that are against abortion and they are no fan of Ron Paul. That clip was making fun of how pointless all these debates are. And they played the clip that made Ron sound like he was rambling

That's what i'm getting out of it also. Reading the first couple of pages on this tread some make it sound like its pro paul due to him talking the most. He's background noise for whatever the boys are doing. Overall, i hope they do give us a little more positive exposure, but i doubt they will.

robskicks
03-27-2012, 10:04 AM

Rev9

I see what thy meaneth, Colonel Mustard.

Aigik
03-27-2012, 10:28 AM
I'm no big cartoonist or anything, and I can't draw for shit. But I somewhat agree with John K. the creator of Ren & Stimpy when it comes to modern day animation. Show like Simpsons, South Park, and Family Guy are sloppy and lazy. In the new episodes of Family Guy the characters just stand there like logs without even blinking, really awkward. I don't know how that makes for good television.

Here (http://johnkstuff.blogspot.com/)is his blog if you're interested: http://johnkstuff.blogspot.com/

If South Park's animation is sloppy and lazy, I guess I just enjoy stuff that sucks. I wouldn't want them to change it, I like South Park's style and I'm used to it. Same with Family Guy.

mport1
03-27-2012, 04:20 PM
Dr. Paul doesn't believe in evolution? I don't agree that ones' religious beliefs should be mocked, however.

No, he doesn't (http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-205_162-20098876.html). And I disagree. Religion is a silly and destructive concept just like government and it should be challenged and/or mocked so logic and reason can prevail.

robskicks
03-27-2012, 04:34 PM
No, he doesn't (http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-205_162-20098876.html). And I disagree. Religion is a silly and destructive concept just like government and it should be challenged and/or mocked so logic and reason can prevail.

Your logic and reasoning is unique. It shouldn't be mocked! Go on with your life and stop trying to change someone else's view point. Because before you know it you will be the one getting mocked for your logic, bud.

fatjohn
03-27-2012, 05:31 PM
Go on with your life and stop trying to change someone else's view point.

Whatcha doin on a political forum then?

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
03-28-2012, 04:23 PM
I am not sure if it is just onme tiny bit or if there will be several parts but Ron Paul will be on South Park tonight: http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/411067/tango-tango

robskicks
03-28-2012, 04:52 PM
oh god i hope they call out the fact that ron paul is awesome!!!!

it's funny to think they were writing this show yesterday and now it's going to be airing in a few hours!!!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
03-28-2012, 05:13 PM
I hope it is more than just one little segment.

Blueskies
03-28-2012, 05:53 PM
Airs in about two hours. I bet it will be a positive portrayal. This entire season has been libertarian-leaning.

justatrey
03-28-2012, 06:50 PM
I don't think they'll disappoint us!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bureaucrash/224486874/

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/87/224486874_0284c66206.jpg

sailingaway
03-28-2012, 06:54 PM
http://hammeroftruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/south-park-ron-paul.jpg

http://hammeroftruth.com/2012/south-park-promoting-ron-paul/

digitaldean
03-28-2012, 07:23 PM
Does anyone have a Comedy Central live feed link to share?

Drex
03-28-2012, 07:38 PM
Does anyone have a Comedy Central live feed link to share?
I am wondering the same thing

2young2vote
03-28-2012, 07:39 PM
Faith hill could have some religious meaning dealing with Capital Hill.

cswake
03-28-2012, 07:46 PM
Someone else pointed to this video that might give a clue to the "Faith Hilling":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyZRiEJnIag

neverseen
03-28-2012, 07:54 PM
This seems to be working good, few skips but almost HD: http://www.onlinetvjunction.com/view/188/Comedy-Central-TV-channel-live-streaming-Online-free.html

playboymommy
03-28-2012, 07:57 PM
So looking forward to this episode! Just to see my favorite guy on my favorite show - *heaven*

Massachusetts
03-28-2012, 07:58 PM
So looking forward to this episode! Just to see my favorite guy on my favorite show - *heaven*

Goin down to South Park :p

neverseen
03-28-2012, 07:58 PM
This seems to be working good, few skips but almost HD: http://www.onlinetvjunction.com/view/188/Comedy-Central-TV-channel-live-streaming-Online-free.html

someone check this link with cable and see if it's a live feed...

BrandonF
03-28-2012, 08:01 PM
When I went to that link it was playing King of Queens. Try this http://livetvcafe.net/video/D7A846M8SDOO/Comedy-Central

digitaldean
03-28-2012, 08:01 PM
It would be funny if the episode ended with Newt going to the moon. He would join dead Tom Curise and a whale lol

amonasro
03-28-2012, 08:02 PM
Starting now. I'll let you know if it's bad.

neverseen
03-28-2012, 08:03 PM
from DP: http://livetvcafe.net/video/D7A846M8SDOO/Comedy-Central

Drex
03-28-2012, 08:03 PM
When I went to that link it was playing King of Queens. Try this http://livetvcafe.net/video/D7A846M8SDOO/Comedy-Central
Tried that link.. watching advertisments right now..

revned
03-28-2012, 08:05 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

They let him talk all muffled for a long time lol.

neverseen
03-28-2012, 08:06 PM
this isn't a political epp... no way. i'm calling no more RP from here. They did have a lot of talking from paul and he got to mention military support :P

Drex
03-28-2012, 08:06 PM
It keeps pausing and stopping for me

KramerDSP
03-28-2012, 08:09 PM
this isn't a political epp... no way. i'm calling no more RP from here. They did have a lot of talking from paul and he got to mention military support :P

Bait and switch. No RP for the rest of the episode, guaranteed.

fr33
03-28-2012, 08:16 PM
Yeah but great marketing scheme to get us Paulbots to tune in :rolleyes:

Cutlerzzz
03-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Paul gave a long detailed response, while the other candidate's answers were all one liners that clearly had no substance whatsoever. Pro Paul.

devil21
03-28-2012, 08:19 PM
What's that campaign pic of RP in South Park style a few pages back about? Anybody seen that before?

Drex
03-28-2012, 08:22 PM
Has there been a lot of Ron Paul mentions or satirical jokes about the 3 stooges

devil21
03-28-2012, 08:26 PM
Oh good lord this is so stupid it's funny.

neverseen
03-28-2012, 08:27 PM
OH snap.... BACK ON!

neverseen
03-28-2012, 08:28 PM
BLACK OUT

KramerDSP
03-28-2012, 08:29 PM
So Ron Paul is now a cat? and the cat speaks widsom, causing everyone to say "Oh, Long Johnson.....". Interesting metaphor.

Gurv720
03-28-2012, 08:30 PM
No offense but that episode was stupid and could have been a lot better imo :(

Victor Grey
http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/internet-memes-meme-madness-polls-dawg1.jpg

neverseen
REALLY guys? really!

2young2vote
Everyone was pandering except for Ron Paul :p

devil21
03-28-2012, 08:31 PM
Nice shot at the end about pandering. Notice that RP was NOT up on stage for the pandering part.

neverseen

No one will pick up on that :(

amazingfunksta

Eeeeeeeeeexactly.

RipperNT
03-28-2012, 08:32 PM
LOL Maybe the train at the end was the John Galt Line running over the MSM? What was the purpose of the train?

fr33
It had nothing to do with RP :p

jeremiahj13
THAT EPISODE SUCKED, I WANT MY 20 MINUTES BACK

cswake
03-28-2012, 08:33 PM
So Ron Paul is now a cat? and the cat speaks widsom, causing everyone to say "Oh, Long Johnson.....". Interesting metaphor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LBKVXyrHcw

cartemj06
euphemism for cat____________.... Toeing the line of everyone else, following in step and PANDERING!

RP not a ______ and not pandering.

devil21
No one will pick up on that :(

We did. And South Park's viewership is fairly sophisticated. 60+ voters aren't watching South Park anyway.

ChristopherShelley
03-28-2012, 08:34 PM
wtf

Suzu
03-28-2012, 08:34 PM
The message I got out of it was Ron Paul is the latest fad (Oh Long Johnson-ing), and he's taking over the world like the cats, and whoever tries to black him out will be run over by an oncoming train.

Rosenzweig
03-28-2012, 08:35 PM
I think Matt and Trey just wanted to take silly pictures of themselves this episode. I can't really blame them.

sailingaway
03-28-2012, 08:36 PM
The message I got out of it was Ron Paul is the latest fad (Oh Long Johnson-ing), and he's taking over the world like the cats, and whoever tries to black him out will be run over by an oncoming train.

that last part doesn't sound too bad.....

(joke, folks...)

playboymommy
03-28-2012, 08:37 PM
Yep.

Nice shot at the end about pandering. Notice that RP was NOT up on stage for the pandering part.
Clearly they respect Ron Paul. He got the most speaking time, though it was muffled and he was not on stage as a panderer. Perhaps they were told by CC execs no direct shout out to Ron Paul.

LOL Maybe the train at the end was the John Galt Line running over the MSM? What was the purpose of the train?

Interesting thought.

Jlasoon
03-28-2012, 08:38 PM
been watching for 16 years, anyone expecting anything different was really kidding themselves.

ChristopherShelley
03-28-2012, 08:38 PM
mtv crap, just like jon stewart

SWATH
03-28-2012, 08:39 PM
Wow that was pretty pro Paul despite it not being very obvious until the end. Basically they got rid of Paul and replaced him with a fad that is willing to pander to the audience so that all the candidates could be the same and tell them what they want to hear for entertainment value .

Jlasoon
03-28-2012, 08:40 PM
Wow that was pretty pro Paul despite it not being very obvious until the end. Basically they got rid of Paul and replaced him with a fad that is willing to pander to the audience so that all the candidates could be the same and tell them what they want to hear for entertainment value .

At least one person got it.

Okie RP fan
03-28-2012, 08:41 PM
The ending showed the ignorance going around on the GOP stage and in society right now.

Paul was absent from it because he doesn't partake in that nonsense.

That was such a dumb episode. However, I didn't expect anything different. I've been watching that show since I was in fifth grade.

LisaNY
03-28-2012, 08:43 PM
The first 10 seconds were good.

The Goat
03-28-2012, 08:45 PM
the message is their episodes is always buried deep.

I missed the first minute, anyone got a tube? XD

AFPVet
03-28-2012, 08:49 PM
Wow... I didn't see that one coming lol. I thought it wasn't bad though. Too bad nobody actually listened to what the cat (Dr. Paul) had to say... they just put words in his mouth—all the while, Dr. Paul consistently says the same thing hoping that people will listen.

playboymommy
03-28-2012, 08:49 PM

This. We're talking about South Park. The guys make their living by mocking and exposing politicians and celebs for the douches they are. The fact that Ron Paul was excluded from this mocking speaks volumes of the man's integrity and how much trey and matt respect him. Imo anyway.

farrar
03-28-2012, 08:51 PM
I think it may have disappointed hopefuls, or people who don't watch regularly.

But for those who do, it probably met expectations... but not so much exceeding them.

Personally I was expecting the one clip we saw in the sneak peak... Even though i dont think the ending was clear to everyone watching, it sort of exceeded my expectations by virtue of it being more than what was in the promo.

Could it have been better? perhaps. But then, were do I get to come off on them for not molding their medium to my desire. This episode wasn't just for paul supporters and it would probably be gross of me to expect anymore than the gave in this episode.

Thats just the feeling I have been getting.

cooper56
03-28-2012, 08:54 PM
Any video of episode?

bobburn
03-28-2012, 08:56 PM
It was pretty obvious in the end. The reporter clearly labeled what everyone was doing was pandering or being pandered to. The person missing was Ron Paul who doesn't pander and will never do so. The beginning was pretty good too--they distinctly allowed the fact that he "received the most money from the military" be heard pretty clearly.

devil21
03-28-2012, 09:01 PM
Any video of episode?

Itll be available here tomorrow:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s16e03-faith-hilling

cooper56
03-28-2012, 09:03 PM
Itll be available here tomorrow:

Sorry Canada videos not available in your area :(

03-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Horrible season so far.

Keith and stuff
03-28-2012, 09:21 PM
Horrible season so far.

Perhaps (especially humor wise), but it has been the most pro-liberty season (if you just pro-rate it for the first 3 episodes) so far :)

JWRIDDLER
03-28-2012, 09:43 PM

+1

Yub thats it.

The idea of the Cat representing RP is over thinking it.

talkingpointes
03-28-2012, 09:58 PM
www.southparkstudios.com There is a countdown on the front page, one hour to the minute left.

Or here:Now
http://livetvcafe.net/video/D7A846M8SDOO/Comedy-Central

mport1
03-28-2012, 10:03 PM
Worst episode in awhile. Somewhat funny concept but poor execution. I thought the first two episodes were great though.

ChristopherShelley
03-28-2012, 10:04 PM
I love south park but some of their eps are like a giant maze with a chest of plastic treasure at the end. Cartman will eat it, so it's funny, but...

This ep to me is like Stewart/Colbert mentioning Paul. The rest of what they do contradicts and buries the mention. Like Stewart going on for two weeks about Limbaugh and Fluke.

They're the ones who pander! But they're corporate entertainers, not activists.

Keith and stuff
03-29-2012, 12:42 AM
It is free, online now, legally and without ads if you know what you are doing.

Lishy
03-29-2012, 12:45 AM
Video not available in Canada! D:

Any other links? YT?

amonasro
03-29-2012, 01:36 AM
Horrible season so far.

My guess is they are spread more thin this year because of their success on Broadway with The Book of Mormon. There's a ridiculous wait list to get tickets. Apparently it has people literally rolling in the aisles.

JellyRev
03-29-2012, 08:14 AM
I watched the episode and it was an endorsement of Paul but the Episode with filled with obscure metaphors making it hard to understand here is a link telling of all the metaphors. You cant expect them to blatantly endorse someone, plus this is much more clever. too clever it was hard to get.

http://eatingpropaganda.blogspot.com/2012/03/south-park.html

tuggy24g
03-29-2012, 08:42 AM
http://hammeroftruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/south-park-ron-paul.jpg
This is great!!!

Suzu
03-29-2012, 12:37 PM
without ads if you know what you are doing]
Well I guess I don't know what I'm doing because all I get at your link is an ad for some weird movie. NO South Park there.

JonGod
03-29-2012, 01:29 PM
There was nothing in this episode that hinted at a Ron Paul endorsement. The section with the candidates was a mundane part of the show that used recorded sound bytes from previous debates and ran all of about 30 seconds. The episode was funny though. :) Hell, even Ron Paul is replaced at the end.

JonGod
03-29-2012, 01:30 PM
Edit: Delete.

JonGod
03-29-2012, 01:31 PM
Well I guess I don't know what I'm doing because all I get at your link is an ad for some weird movie. NO South Park there.
http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/

evilfunnystuff
03-29-2012, 04:39 PM

I was disappointing , read your take though, nah. I went back and re-watched, in the last debate scene the cat in the cage was holding a constitution.

This episode was entirely for us, and the media is gonna get hit by a train. :toady: :toady: :toady: :toady: :toady: :toady: :toady: :toady: :toady:

evilfunnystuff
03-29-2012, 04:50 PM
The schools and the media tryin to make us thing we are gonna "get hit by a train" or "are putting a gunin our mouth" if we participate in this new meme.

Man, I am kinda blown away by this episode.

get_up_and_dance
03-29-2012, 06:36 PM
I was disappointing , read your take though, nah. I went back and re-watched, in the last debate scene the cat in the cage was holding a constitution.

Nope. :rolleyes:

NIU Students for Liberty
03-29-2012, 07:04 PM
The schools and the media tryin to make us thing we are gonna "get hit by a train" or "are putting a gunin our mouth" if we participate in this new meme.

Man, I am kinda blown away by this episode.

I took the opposite view. This was a really lackluster attempt on Matt and Trey's part and it showed how lazy they've gotten when it comes to inserting subtle criticisms into their story lines.

evilfunnystuff
03-29-2012, 07:19 PM
Nope. :rolleyes:

K, then tell me what he is holding here.

http://i.imgur.com/HHS4C.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RJcvj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qJC7g.jpg

dannno
03-29-2012, 07:22 PM
Ya I saw the cat replacement as a metaphor for how the media ignores him, and how the rest of the candidates are just retarded.

8ClicksPerSecond
03-29-2012, 07:57 PM

http://i.imgur.com/HHS4C.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RJcvj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qJC7g.jpg

Havax
03-29-2012, 08:01 PM

Looks like I was right!

NIU Students for Liberty
03-29-2012, 08:05 PM

Nothing. It's the carpet.

evilfunnystuff
03-29-2012, 08:20 PM

Does not explain it.

evilfunnystuff
03-29-2012, 08:23 PM
Nothing. It's the carpet.

You make no sense, it has to be something. It was animated in there for a reason and certainly represents something.

MozoVote
03-29-2012, 08:24 PM
There are NO wasted cells in animation. We may not get the reference, but there is a reason.

Diashi
03-29-2012, 08:26 PM
Edit: The analysis on this thread is deep enough that my comments don't add much.

cswake
03-29-2012, 08:30 PM
There was nothing in this episode that hinted at a Ron Paul endorsement. The section with the candidates was a mundane part of the show that used recorded sound bytes from previous debates and ran all of about 30 seconds. The episode was funny though. :) Hell, even Ron Paul is replaced at the end.

http://insidepulse.com/2012/03/28/10-thoughts-on-south-park-episode-16-03-faith-hilling/

South Park. Ron Paul.

They tacitly endorse Paul and Johnson.

The train scene is 'any problem' that can be seen coming, but due to something stupid and meaningless, they die (or simply refuse to face the problem).

The cat consistently saying something unintelligible with outrageous conclusions reached by all those that try to speak with it can be seen to represent consistency and a language barrier. The sound of the cats jumble is similar to the once stated in the episode translation of "O long Johnson."

The consistency and replacement of Ron Paul at the end debate with the cat obviously means that Paul doesn't follow memes or fads and instead says the same thing over and over even though people will interpret it any way they want.

The reference of the language barrier is the "war" with the "cats." The imagined cat army and inevitable war represent Iran and Ahmadinejad.

The whole episode is pregnant with metaphor. I submit that they are telling Ron Paul to "Go long with Gary Johnson" and telling people to stop being retards with memes (even though they are funny). The clips of Ron Paul were strategically placed and leveled so as to hear specific things. Even when Paul is not on the stage at the end, his voice can be heard saying, "I thought maybe you were prejudiced against ... and a doctor that practiced medicine in the military."

They told Ron Paul to run as a third party candidate with Gary Johnson. That is my take.

sylcfh
03-29-2012, 08:32 PM
Ron Paul didn't dance around at the end with titties. They spared him, which is enough of an endorsement in and of itself.

randpaul2016
03-29-2012, 08:44 PM
My opinion/take on it...

South Park. Ron Paul.

They tacitly endorse Paul and Johnson.

The train scene is 'any problem' that can be seen coming, but due to something stupid and meaningless, they die (or simply refuse to face the problem).

The cat consistently saying something unintelligible with outrageous conclusions reached by all those that try to speak with it can be seen to represent consistency and a language barrier. The sound of the cats jumble is similar to the once stated in the episode translation of "O long Johnson."

The consistency and replacement of Ron Paul at the end debate with the cat obviously means that Paul doesn't follow memes or fads and instead says the same thing over and over even though people will interpret it any way they want.

The whole episode is pregnant with metaphor. I submit that they are telling Ron Paul to "Go long with Gary Johnson" and telling people to stop being retards with memes (even though they are funny). The clips of Ron Paul were strategically placed and leveled so as to hear specific things. Even when Paul is not on the stage at the end, his voice can be heard saying, "I thought maybe you were prejudiced against ... and a doctor that practiced medicine in the military."

They told Ron Paul to run as a third party candidate with Gary Johnson. That is my take.

NIU Students for Liberty
03-30-2012, 11:43 AM
You make no sense, it has to be something. It was animated in there for a reason and certainly represents something.

I'm making total sense, you're just too dense to comprehend. When you watch the original video of the cat, what is it surrounded by? Oh that's right, carpeting. All Matt and Trey did was insert that footage into the cage.

dannno
03-30-2012, 11:58 AM
I'm making total sense, you're just too dense to comprehend. When you watch the original video of the cat, what is it surrounded by? Oh that's right, carpeting. All Matt and Trey did was insert that footage into the cage.

So what is the gold thing? Is it in the original video? (I can't watch youtubes at work, but others here seem to agree that the gold thing wasn't in the original video, so it must have been added in)

fr33
03-30-2012, 12:07 PM
So what is the gold thing? Is it in the original video? (I can't watch youtubes at work, but others here seem to agree that the gold thing wasn't in the original video, so it must have been added in)When you get somewhere where you cant watch youtube you'll see it's the carpet in this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LBKVXyrHcw

NIU Students for Liberty
03-30-2012, 02:14 PM
So what is the gold thing? Is it in the original video? (I can't watch youtubes at work, but others here seem to agree that the gold thing wasn't in the original video, so it must have been added in)

As fr33 commented, the gold that you see is the carpet (which was in the original video).

libertarian4321
03-30-2012, 03:42 PM

If by "establishment" you mean everyone but radical conspiracy theorists, Ron Paul, the South Park guys, and most of us on these forums are "establishment," too.

libertarian4321
03-30-2012, 04:00 PM

If by "establishment" you mean everyone but radical conspiracy theorists, Ron Paul, the South Park guys, and most of us on these forums are "establishment," too.

ropo
03-30-2012, 04:11 PM

South Park endorsing the gold standard, duh!:rolleyes:

revned
03-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Can someone just invite Matt and Trey here to explain for themselves? lol

Personally, I don't think they are either way for Paul and see him as just as much of a target for their humor as anyone else; but won't go too far because they know how outraged we can get. The republican election just happens to be on the menu for current situations to make fun of.

nobody's_hero
03-30-2012, 04:43 PM
Oh long johnson.

Maltheus
03-30-2012, 04:47 PM
Personally, I don't think they are either way for Paul and see him as just as much of a target for their humor as anyone else; but won't go too far because they know how outraged we can get. The republican election just happens to be on the menu for current situations to make fun of.

Yeah, although they've drifted libertarian in the past, I think that Matt and Trey attack anything they perceive as over the top. I may be totally off base, but when I watched it, I interpreted the last scene to be implying that Paul is just the latest internet fad. Although, it would be nice to think they were encouraging him to pass the liberty "meme" on to Johnson, with something that sounds like "Go long Johnson," I suspect that wasn't their intention. Get Johnson into the end zone while all eyes are on the Paul quarterback (although I don't think Paul likes Johnson, so that's unfortunately not going to happen).

However the opening scene did seem to go out of its way to make him seem like the only respectable one in the room, so who knows what they meant? Probably just attempting to fuck with us. Totally in keeping with their sense of humor.

robskicks
03-30-2012, 05:07 PM
You know the more I read everyone's interpretations. The more full of shit I realize everyone is about everything in the world.

There is no hidden messages.

fr33
03-30-2012, 05:10 PM
You know the more I read everyone's interpretations. The more full of shit I realize everyone is about everything in the world.

There is no hidden messages.+rep :D

cdc482
03-30-2012, 05:38 PM

There is no hidden messages.

lol. The long johnson interpretation has to be a joke. It's South Park's style of joking.

Suzu
03-31-2012, 01:33 PM
Seriously guys, everyone asking for a favor from these guys needs to watch the TSA episode from two weeks ago. They already threw us quite a bone. Nothing directly linked to Paul but they DESTROY the TSA, which is one of his larger talking points.I watched. Thanks for the tip. Here's a link to the clip:
http://www.macbrosplace.com/south-parks-tsa-spoof-video/

Shane Harris
03-31-2012, 01:44 PM
Everyone here would do well by watching this episode: The tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s14e02-the-tale-of-scrotie-mcboogerballs

Suzu
03-31-2012, 04:04 PM
Everyone here would do well by watching this episode: The tale of Scrotie McBoogerballsPlease tell us why.

Shane Harris
04-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Please tell us why.

because the whole point of the episode is making fun of how people tend to assign meanings and metaphors that do not exist to anything the read or see. The kids write a nasty book full of vulgarity and the country loves it and everyone claims its so deep and full of meaning when it wasn't. Some person will say it is clearly an assault on the far right and another will say are you kidding thats the most conservative book ever written. etc.