http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

Romney 42,
Santorum 23,
Gingrich 12,
Paul 10

WTF?!?!?!?!

opinionatedfool
03-25-2012, 07:06 PM
I've stopped caring about the popular vote.

Delegates, delegates, delegates.

Oddone
03-25-2012, 07:08 PM
Sounds about right. Also don't expect him to win the popular vote or even come in third in Texas. I live in Texas, most people don't even know who Ron Paul is. Establishment rules the popular vote, while Ron Paul Grassroots rules Tarrant County and Harris County delegates. The best we can do is fill the delegate slots, and then vote for Ron Paul after the first vote at the national convention.

Texas just changed their rules, we used to be un-bound after the 3rd vote now it is the 1st vote.

Gravik
03-25-2012, 07:10 PM
Yeah, well how is this tard winning Calfornia?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJzYYz2zbos

BrittanySligar
03-25-2012, 07:11 PM
Not looking good. Ron preformed exactly at his RCP average in 2008. His best district, he pulled double his average (8%). We have a tremendous amount of work to do if we want to win any delegates at all.

lib3rtarian
03-25-2012, 07:11 PM
CA. Liberal state. You will be hard-pressed to find the kind of hardcore Constitutionalist conservatives there even if they are Republicans (they have a name - RINOs). RINOs vote Romney.

GeorgiaAvenger
03-25-2012, 07:16 PM
I said months ago that just because there are a few anti-drug war people it will mean nothing.

Keith and stuff
03-25-2012, 07:25 PM
He is doing better in the new LA Times poll than his last 2 polls, which were 8%.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/ca/california_republican_presidential_primary-1567.html

Things are looking up in CA.

The_Ruffneck
03-25-2012, 07:30 PM
santorum really dropped off in CA , i remember him being alot higher

GreenBulldog
03-25-2012, 08:14 PM
Doesn't surprise me too much. Liberals are people who believe that social salvation can be achieved through government legislation.

FindLiberty
03-25-2012, 08:29 PM
IL and CA give me the shivers.... ($$$,$$$,$$$ broke! Want fiat printing press and political favors.)

They'd vote for Abe Lincoln who would just lock up Ron Paul, print more paper money and fire his federal cannons at NH towns.

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbOZ1Umvtd0ak7paCUrYTMpxXtNIAf6 e6FyIoZMLDqB5CiO50u

WeThePeople777
03-25-2012, 08:31 PM
Well I'm in CA and I will support him all the way.

narrowphoenix
03-25-2012, 10:00 PM
Haven't we all learned these polls don't mean anything????

Ivash
03-25-2012, 11:01 PM
Hmm, yeah, if Romney wins by this much it comes pretty difficult to see him not getting the required number of delegates.

giovannile07
03-25-2012, 11:07 PM
You guys got to realize that many of these democrats aren't going to switch to GOP and will probably end up supporting Barack Obama and the Republicans here are just like the other Republicans in other states.

digitaldean
03-25-2012, 11:10 PM
Can anyone vote in California no matter of party? Or do you have to be a Republican?

skyorbit
03-25-2012, 11:17 PM
The Problem is in California the Popular Vote DOES ellect the Delegates!

Same thing with South Dakota.

The caucus states are starting to end, which means we really need to push voter registration drives and GOTV Efforts.

Tracy

thoughtomator
03-25-2012, 11:18 PM
I spoke to someone today, your typical marginally-interested registered voter, who thought Paul had dropped out. I told him to look up "Ron Paul Media Blackout".

Oddone
03-25-2012, 11:19 PM
The Problem is in California the Popular Vote DOES ellect the Delegates!

Same thing with South Dakota.

The caucus states are starting to end, which means we really need to push voter registration drives and GOTV Efforts.

Tracy

Remember folks, become a delegate even if you are NOT in a caucus state. If we go to a brokered convention we will need all hands on deck to reach 51% of the 2nd vote.

thoughtomator
03-25-2012, 11:19 PM
California elects delegates per CD, not statewide, so these polls are of marginal utility.

Karsten
03-25-2012, 11:20 PM
Yeah, well how is this tard winning Calfornia?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJzYYz2zbos
We're talking about California Republicans in a closed primary. They all voted very heavily against medical marijuana.

seekingliberty
03-25-2012, 11:26 PM
I don't know anyone that likes Romney at all. I do know of Santorum and Gingrich supporters, more for Santorum. A lot of people don't know who Ron Paul is and a lot of people that do, didn't know that he was still in the race. A lot of people still don't care. From what I have seen (in the more conservative valley) , I really think a lot of people that claim to be democrats and those that are indies are more fiscal conservatives but don't care so much for the social issues so they shy away from Repubs. If people knew Ron Paul's real position on the issues, I think he would have a lot more support. My Mom has been a democrat for years (now thinks she is a Libertarian) and she is totally on board for Ron. The republicans that I know, seem to care more about social issues than fiscal issues.They like Santorum for what he says but they don't know his record. People from all political sides are also concerned about Ron's foreign policy. We are working on our congressional district (9) and will continue until June.

Oh, and we did a gun show a couple weeks ago. The guy next to our booth was an older guy. He was a USMC vet and he had a bumper sticker on his truck that said "I am already against the next war". We were talking with him and my hubby mentioned that I pointed out his bumper sticker on the way in and asked if he was a Paul supporter. The guy said that he has liked Paul for the last few years and I said, great so we can count on your vote then? He said he wasn't sure because of him teaming up with Romney! UGH! I tried telling him that the media was pushing this and that there was no alliance but he wasn't convinced. My Mom emailed that same week asking what was up with him teaming up with Romney cause she did not like that! IMO, this is hurting Paul! Also, something else here in CA that I have noticed, people like Paul but they hate the Repubs and don't want to register as one.

fatjohn
03-26-2012, 04:41 AM
I spoke to someone today, your typical marginally-interested registered voter, who thought Paul had dropped out. I told him to look up "Ron Paul Media Blackout".

I made a thread after seeing your message, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?368991-SIGN-WAVING!&p=4311335#post4311335

IDefendThePlatform
03-26-2012, 05:24 AM
Remember folks, become a delegate even if you are NOT in a caucus state. If we go to a brokered convention we will need all hands on deck to reach 51% of the 2nd vote.

+1

skyorbit
03-26-2012, 11:30 AM
OK,. but that's not possible in a State like South Dakota. When you vote for the candidate you're specifically voting for that candidates slate of delegates. I don't know how California actually appoints the delegates. If it's done at legislative district conventions that might be possible, but if it's part of the actual primary then it's not an option.

John F Kennedy III
03-26-2012, 11:41 AM
I've stopped caring about the popular vote.

Delegates, delegates, delegates.

I 2nd this.

rockerrockstar
03-26-2012, 11:45 AM
A big part of the problem is the media blackout. They don't act like Ron is running and only mention the other three guys.