PDA

View Full Version : The New Black Panther Party and the Zimmerman Bounty

coastie
03-25-2012, 04:59 PM
The leader of the New Black Panther Party called for a $10,000 bounty for the man who shot and killed black Florida teen Trayvon Martin, a case that continues spark explosive emotions and strain the country’s racial tensions.

“An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth,” New Black Panther leader Mikhail Muhammad said Saturday when he announced the reward at a protest in Sanford, the Orlando suburb where the killing took place.

Trayvon Martin: Parents Vow Justice

Members of the New Black Panther party called for the mobilization of 10,000 black men to capture George Zimmerman, the Orlando Sentinel reports.

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2012/03/25/new-black-panther-party-offers-10000-bounty-for-george-zimmerman/#ixzz1qAjWnllE

It doesn't say in the article what they plan on doing to him after they catch him. I'm almost positive this violates numerous Federal and State laws. Where are the Feds...Oh wait, it's Eric Holders' Justice Dept. now, he doesn't prosecute the New Black Panthers for anything...

Furthermore, through the efforts of conservative talk radio media and FOX News in particular, national attention was given to the intimidating efforts of the New Black Panther Party at a Philadelphia voting precinct in the 2008 presidential election. Overwhelming evidence of voter intimidation was presented to the DoJ, but Eric Holder dismissed any action on the evidence outright. In a House Appropriations subcommittee hearing called to look into the matter, Rep. John Culberson (R-TX) called Holder on the evidence that his DoJ did nothing to investigate or prosecute those involved in the intimidation. Holder responded to the committee in part by declaring:
"Think about that," Holder said. "When you compare what people endured in the South in the 60s to try to get the right to vote for African Americans, and to compare what people were subjected to there to what happened in Philadelphia - which was inappropriate, certainly that...to describe it in those terms I think does a great disservice to people who put their lives on the line, who risked all, for my people," said Holder, who is black.

"To compare that kind of courage, that kind of action, and to say that the Black Panther incident wrong thought it might be somehow is greater in magnitude or is of greater concern to us, historically, I think just flies in the face of history and the facts.," Holder said with evident exasperation."

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/03/holders_department_of_injustice.html#ixzz1qAkFePRA

phill4paul
03-25-2012, 05:04 PM
WTF!:eek:

Honestly? I'm...I....uh.... this is gonna take me a few minutes to process.

Lishy
03-25-2012, 05:13 PM
I'm tired of the racism towards white people.

Yes, I've said it.

Not all white people are racist hicks, and I'm tired of black people (especially Latinos who think they're black?) using the racism card as a false justification just to start a fight.

azxd
03-25-2012, 05:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO_QntXc-c4
Charles Manson was right ... It's the only way to sort them out ;)

oyarde
03-25-2012, 07:06 PM
New Black Panther Party , hah .

donnay
03-25-2012, 08:25 PM
The New Black Panthers are CoINTELPRO! You all know if any group called for this the FEDs would be on them like stink on sh*t making all kinds of arrests!

“You know, whenever Pharaoh wanted to prolong the period of slavery
in Egypt, he had a favorite, favorite formula for doing it. What was that?
He kept the slaves fighting amongst themselves.
But whenever the slaves get together, that's the beginning of
getting out of slavery.”
—Martin Luther King, Jr.

lester1/2jr
03-25-2012, 08:27 PM
when did this site turn into Stormfront?

Anti Federalist
03-25-2012, 08:30 PM
The New Black Panthers are CoINTELPRO! You all know if any group called for this the FEDs would be on them like stink on sh*t making all kinds of arrests!

THIS!!!!!

C'mon people, this is now as obvious as the nose on your face.

These guys, like the KKK now, are FEDS.

There is no WAY anybody else, from any other "racially active" group could make statements like this and get away with it unless the whole organization was full of FEDS and informants from top to bottom.

Just like the only guy that could stay on the radio and make numerous threats against judges, politicians and cops was Hal Turner, because he was working for the FEDS!

We're all being played like a Sears piano here.

AuH20
03-25-2012, 08:31 PM

I don't think that's it. People are tired being clubbed over the head with the politics of race. It's basically used as a weapon to silence others. In order to discredit a worthy argument, you slander someone with the scarlet letter of racial prejudice. Presto. Their argument is immediately discredited.

cajuncocoa
03-25-2012, 08:32 PM
I don't think that's it. People are tired being clubbed over the head with the politics of race. It's basically used as a weapon to silence others. In order to discredit a worthy argument, you slander someone with the scarlet letter of racial prejudice. Presto. Their argument is immediately discredited.EXACTLY and +1 rep

Okie RP fan
03-25-2012, 08:32 PM

See the quote below. And, I have one question: Since when did this site turn politically correct? The people in the NBPP and the KKK are the same in my eyes. Ignorant heathens who have nothing better to do with their lives except be stupid and make things worse for the rest of us.

I don't think that's it. People are tired being clubbed over the head with the politics of race. It's basically used as a weapon to silence others. In order to discredit a worthy argument, you slander someone with the scarlet letter of racial prejudice.

Yep.

lester1/2jr
03-25-2012, 08:37 PM
where does political correctness come into play at all in this case? both the victim and the perpetrator are minorities. White people are whining about reverse racism and there aren't even any white people in the story. The guy wanted to be a cop and was too lazy or otherwise unqualified to get the job so he did it of his own volition and had no idea what he was doing.

If you're visiting someone people don't have the right to shoot you because they don't know you. No one would ever travel outside their neighborhood otherwise.

AuH20
03-25-2012, 08:40 PM
where does political correctness come into play at all in this case? both the victim and the perpetrator are minorities. White people are whining about reverse racism and there aren't even any white people in the story. The guy wanted to be a cop and was too lazy or otherwise unqualified to get the job so he did it of his own volition and had no idea what he was doing.

If you're visiting someone people don't have the right to shoot you because they don't know you. No one would ever travel outside their neighborhood otherwise.

It's pretty clear to understand. The message being pushed is that you shall not dare patrol your neighborhood, own a weapon or accost someone of color. Now I'm not saying that Zimmerman didn't do anything wrong, because it's quite obvious he did, but this whole hysteria is about far more than the slaying of Trayvon Martin.

azxd
03-25-2012, 08:44 PM
I don't think that's it. People are tired being clubbed over the head with the politics of race. It's basically used as a weapon to silence others. In order to discredit a worthy argument, you slander someone with the scarlet letter of racial prejudice. Presto. Their argument is immediately discredited.Around here, censorship is the weapon of choice (edited posts).

lester1/2jr
03-25-2012, 08:55 PM
you shouldn't patrol your neighborhood if you have no idea what you're doing. this isn't like Bernard Goetz, the guy wasn't a victim of any kind and the kid wasn't a criminal.

AuH20
03-25-2012, 08:56 PM
you shouldn't patrol your neighborhood if you have no idea what you're doing. this isn't like Bernard Goetz, the guy wasn't a victim of any kind and the kid wasn't a criminal.

I agree. A 5-9" out of shape guy who's relying exclusively on his firearm may not not be the best candidate.

cajuncocoa
03-25-2012, 09:14 PM

If you're visiting someone people don't have the right to shoot you because they don't know you. No one would ever travel outside their neighborhood otherwise.That's true, but it seems as if the media is manipulating the story to make people think that Zimmerman is a white guy. They certainly have made every effort to point out that Zimmerman's father is white. When do the media ever bother to mention the ethnicity of an accused shooter's parent?

rag-time4
03-25-2012, 09:40 PM
As I see it, The New Black Panther Party is tired of seeing young black men and boys being gunned down for no reason. The whole incident started with Zimmerman following Martin around, in the dark. According to the phone call conversation between Martin and his girlfriend, Martin asked Zimmerman why he was following, did not get an answer, and felt threatened. I say kudos to the New Black Panther Party for demanding justice.

cajuncocoa
03-25-2012, 09:43 PM
As I see it, The New Black Panther Party is tired of seeing young black men and boys being gunned down for no reason. The whole incident started with Zimmerman following Martin around, in the dark. According to the phone call conversation between Martin and his girlfriend, Martin asked Zimmerman why he was following, did not get an answer, and felt threatened. I say kudos to the New Black Panther Party for demanding justice.Demanding justice, yes. Putting a bounty on the head of the accused? No...that doesn't work for me.

onlyrp
03-25-2012, 09:43 PM
WTF!:eek:

Honestly? I'm...I....uh.... this is gonna take me a few minutes to process.

Black outrage every time a black person dies and somebody wants to take responsibility rather than wait on the government to solve their grievances......is so hard for you to believe?

dillo
03-25-2012, 09:50 PM
As I see it, The New Black Panther Party is tired of seeing young black men and boys being gunned down for no reason. The whole incident started with Zimmerman following Martin around, in the dark. According to the phone call conversation between Martin and his girlfriend, Martin asked Zimmerman why he was following, did not get an answer, and felt threatened. I say kudos to the New Black Panther Party for demanding justice.

no

oyarde
03-25-2012, 10:06 PM
As I see it, The New Black Panther Party is tired of seeing young black men and boys being gunned down for no reason. The whole incident started with Zimmerman following Martin around, in the dark. According to the phone call conversation between Martin and his girlfriend, Martin asked Zimmerman why he was following, did not get an answer, and felt threatened. I say kudos to the New Black Panther Party for demanding justice. I think you should read the New Black Panther Party ' manifesto "

oyarde
03-25-2012, 10:09 PM
If , I recall the wierdo Marxist thing is called "ten point program "

rag-time4
03-25-2012, 10:10 PM
Demanding justice, yes. Putting a bounty on the head of the accused? No...that doesn't work for me.Maybe you're being a little too reasonable. The New Black Panther Party seems like they dont have a high degree of faith in local law enforcement to handle the case in a just fashion.

Im seeing many posts along the lines of "local racism will be used as a cover for federal takeover" and I agree that its a very real concern. We as supporters of Ron Paul, liberty, and States' rights have a big task of convincing people that local community control and States rights are really in the best interest of black people and people of color.

Sorry for mixing issues somewhat, but I have to admit when I first heard the story my reaction was closer to the New Black Panther Party. The issue is that the New Black Panther Party has no faith in any sector of government, local, state, or federal, to handle the case properly.

Agree or disagree with their call for a bounty (private citizens used to be able to post bounties couldnt they?) the New Black Panther Party has the God given rights of free speech and bearing of arms. They have the right to voice their feelings and pressure the ystem as much as anyone else.

oyarde
03-25-2012, 10:13 PM
If any of you have not given , bread , housing and jobs ,to them , as is the requirement of them from you , might be a bounty on you .... I would rather feed birds than marxists , but , hey , that is just me....

anaconda
03-25-2012, 10:13 PM
I'm tired of the racism towards white people.

Yes, I've said it.

Not all white people are racist hicks, and I'm tired of black people (especially Latinos who think they're black?) using the racism card as a false justification just to start a fight.

Putting out a bounty for the perpetrator is not specifically racist.

oyarde
03-25-2012, 10:15 PM
I have no faith in govt and even less in the form of govt prescribed by the New Black Panther Party .

oyarde
03-25-2012, 10:19 PM
10.) ( New Black Panther Party ) We want Land , Bread , Housing ..... , no mention of doing anything for it , I mention #10 , because many of you wil not make it past #2 before you quit reading....

rag-time4
03-25-2012, 10:23 PM
If , I recall the wierdo Marxist thing is called "ten point program "The original Black Panthers were an openly Communist group. The New Black Panthers incorporate more elements of black nationalism and separatism. It seems to me that they feel black people have historically gotten a bad deal. I think that black people as a whole have never had true liberty in this country. Many went directly from slavery to the second class citizenship outlined in the fourteenth amendment.

Anti Federalist
03-25-2012, 10:23 PM
If , I recall the wierdo Marxist thing is called "ten point program "

Yeah, it's called the "Ten Ten Planks of Communism" manifesto.

I have no idea why anybody would be agitating for that, as all ten planks have essentially been adopted already.

Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
(Property taxes)

A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
(Done)

Abolition of all right of inheritance.
(Partially done)

Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
(Partially done)

Centralisation of credit in the hands of the State, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.
(Done)

Centralisation of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State.
(Done)

Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State; the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
(They ditched this idea and just outsourced it)

Equal liability of all to labour. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
(Working on that, AmeriCorp and such)

Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equitable distribution of the population over the country.
(Marx dropped the ball here, people are much easier to control in centralized massive cities.)

Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labour in its present form and combination of education with industrial production
(Done)

oyarde
03-25-2012, 10:29 PM
The original Black Panthers were an openly Communist group. The New Black Panthers incorporate more elements of black nationalism and separatism. It seems to me that they feel black people have historically gotten a bad deal. I think that black people as a whole have never had true liberty in this country. Many went directly from slavery to the second class citizenship outlined in the fourteenth amendment. Well they are still asking for two mules with the forty acres . Probably time for them to think about that, not many people in the US want to pay property tax on forty acres anymore , and just for fun , I would like to see what a couple of those guys from Philly would do with two mules .

cajuncocoa
03-25-2012, 10:30 PM
Maybe you're being a little too reasonable.
I try. ;)

rag-time4
03-25-2012, 10:31 PM
Yeah, it's called the "Ten Ten Planks of Communism" manifesto.

I have no idea why anybody would be agitating for that, as all ten planks have essentially been adopted already.

Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
(Property taxes)

A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
(Done)

Abolition of all right of inheritance.
(Partially done)

Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
(Partially done)

Centralisation of credit in the hands of the State, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.
(Done)

Centralisation of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State.
(Done)

Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State; the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
(They ditched this idea and just outsourced it)

Equal liability of all to labour. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
(Working on that, AmeriCorp and such)

Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equitable distribution of the population over the country.
(Marx dropped the ball here, people are much easier to control in centralized massive cities.)

Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labour in its present form and combination of education with industrial production
(Done)Well as with all Communist systems we've seen, there are always elites that get to pick winners and losers. Totally agree with your post, but I'll go one further: Thomas Jefferson argued for allodial land ownership, but the eminent domain folks won out... meaning that point 1 was partially in place from the beginning.

oyarde
03-25-2012, 10:36 PM
NBPP , point # 2 , if you deny employment ,"means of production should be taken from "

oyarde
03-25-2012, 10:38 PM
The original Black Panthers were an openly Communist group. The New Black Panthers incorporate more elements of black nationalism and separatism. It seems to me that they feel black people have historically gotten a bad deal. I think that black people as a whole have never had true liberty in this country. Many went directly from slavery to the second class citizenship outlined in the fourteenth amendment. Still openy communist , just lazier about it ...

oyarde
03-25-2012, 10:41 PM
Or , hell , maybe the one I have on the basement wall is the old one from 1966...

Lishy
03-26-2012, 01:08 AM
Putting out a bounty for the perpetrator is not specifically racist.

Would they have cared as much if it was a Chinese man who shot him instead?

anaconda
03-26-2012, 01:33 AM
Would they have cared as much if it was a Chinese man who shot him instead?

Since it is impossible to know or confirm unless such an event occurs, there is no inconsistency over which to infer racism.

moo
03-26-2012, 01:39 AM
unless you're a racist, you have no reason to fear the black panther party.
:confused:

Anti Federalist
03-26-2012, 02:39 AM
:confused:

Ultra, Mecha, Massive, Fail.

I don't think I have ever seen so much failure in one sentence.

Unless you're doing something wrong, you have no reason to fear the police state.

Demigod
03-26-2012, 02:42 AM
The original Black Panthers were an openly Communist group. The New Black Panthers incorporate more elements of black nationalism and separatism. It seems to me that they feel black people have historically gotten a bad deal. I think that black people as a whole have never had true liberty in this country. Many went directly from slavery to the second class citizenship outlined in the fourteenth amendment.

How did the blacks got a bad deal?

moo
03-26-2012, 03:45 AM
Ultra, Mecha, Massive, Fail.

I don't think I have ever seen so much failure in one sentence.

Unless you're doing something wrong, you have no reason to fear the police state.

no the government is currently trying to kill you. the black panther party wants a murderer to be arrested.

Kluge
03-26-2012, 04:00 AM
Where was the Black Panther party when this little girl was murdered by the cops?

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim//2010/05/17/aiyanajones_1_370x278.jpg

moo
03-26-2012, 04:08 AM
Where was the Black Panther party when this little girl was murdered by the cops?

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim//2010/05/17/aiyanajones_1_370x278.jpg

what makes you think they wasn't involved in that case?

moo
03-26-2012, 04:14 AM
like i said the only people who fear the panthers are the klan :D

lester1/2jr
03-26-2012, 06:45 AM
people are trying to re fight the political correctness wars of the 80's ansd 90's here and it has nothing to do with anything. the kid was visiting family, Zimmerman screwed up.

slamhead
03-26-2012, 08:30 AM
Capture? No the bounty was not for capture, the poster I saw on the news this morning said "Dead or Alive". On CNN of course they showed the poster but it was mysteriously missing the dead or alive portion.

slamhead
03-26-2012, 08:31 AM
no the government is currently trying to kill you. the black panther party wants a murderer to be arrested.

Not the bounty poster I saw this morning on the news. It read "Dead or Alive".

coastie
03-26-2012, 08:36 AM
like i said the only people who fear the panthers are the klan :D

Go the fuck away. Seriously.

slamhead
03-26-2012, 08:55 AM
http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/middle/2012/03/24/253118-george-zimmerman-wanted-dead-or-alive-for-trayvon-martin-murder-video.jpg

cajuncocoa
03-26-2012, 08:58 AM
http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/middle/2012/03/24/253118-george-zimmerman-wanted-dead-or-alive-for-trayvon-martin-murder-video.jpg

FWIW...

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The New Black Panther Party is making their concerns over the Trayvon Martin case known. At 9:00 Monday morning, the group will be holding a news conference at the State Attorney's Office in Jacksonville.

Members say they're upset over the appointment of Angela Corey to the case, and that George Zimmerman is still a free man.

The organization put out flyers saying "George Zimmerman" is wanted "dead or alive." Southern Regional Minister Mikhail Muhammad doesn't think the rhetoric is violent.

"We are God-loving people. We try to get along with everybody," he said.

Specifically, a $10,000 dollar reward is being offered for the capture of Zimmerman, who admitted he shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

"We came together, different black leaders and organizations, to craft this language so that george zimmerman would understand that he will have no peace," Muhammed said.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/topstories/story/New-Black-Panther-Party-to-speak-on-Trayvon/K21U9oaG7Uq7WYlS5UIqgg.cspx

coastie
03-26-2012, 09:00 AM

Do you have any evidence they were? A quick google didn't yield anything for me...

http://www.google.com/search?q=Aiyana+Stanley-Jones%2Bnew+black+panthers&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

ACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The New Black Panther Party is making their concerns over the Trayvon Martin case known. At 9:00 Monday morning, the group will be holding a news conference at the State Attorney's Office in Jacksonville.

Members say they're upset over the appointment of Angela Corey to the case, and that George Zimmerman is still a free man.

The organization put out flyers saying "George Zimmerman" is wanted "dead or alive." Southern Regional Minister Mikhail Muhammad doesn't think the rhetoric is violent.

"We are God-loving people. We try to get along with everybody," he said.

Specifically, a $10,000 dollar reward is being offered for the capture of Zimmerman, who admitted he shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

"We came together, different black leaders and organizations, to craft this language so that george zimmerman would understand that he will have no peace," Muhammed said.

As I said in another thread on this: Stay classy, BP.

slamhead
03-26-2012, 09:26 AM
Zimmerman should have shot the kid with his Hispanic heritage in mind, then we would not even be discussing this.

AuH20
03-26-2012, 09:33 AM
Zimmerman should have shot the kid with his Hispanic heritage in mind, then we would not even be discussing this.

Yes, he should have shot him with a Mariachi Band playing in the background. LOL

The Free Hornet
03-26-2012, 09:54 AM
That's true, but it seems as if the media is manipulating the story to make people think that Zimmerman is a white guy. They certainly have made every effort to point out that Zimmerman's father is white. When do the media ever bother to mention the ethnicity of an accused shooter's parent?

Beats the hell out of me. Racially, it seems Zimmerman is white. Culturally, he may be hispanic. Black people in America or African Americans tend to be self-classified racially but Latinos and Hispanics tend to use the ethnic or cultural self-identification (Hispanic or Latino or something more specific like Puerto Rican):

It's why more than 40% of Hispanics, when asked on the Census form in 2000 to register white or black as their race, wrote in "Other" — and they represented 95% of all the 15.3 million people in the U.S. who did so.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1975883,00.html

I doubt anybody can get this right.

I'm predicting Zimmerman walks and the NBPP is helping that happen with rank stupidity on par with Zimmerman's:

Zimmerman told them he lost sight of Trayvon and was walking back to his SUV when Trayvon approached him from the left rear, and they exchanged words.

Trayvon asked Zimmerman if he had a problem. Zimmerman said no and reached for his cell phone, he told police.

Trayvon then said, "Well, you do now" or something similar and punched Zimmerman in the nose.

Zimmerman fell to the ground and Trayvon got on top of him and began slamming his head into the sidewalk, he told police.

Zimmerman began yelling for help.

Several witnesses heard those cries, and there's been a dispute about from whom they came: Zimmerman or Trayvon.

Lawyers for Trayvon's family say it was Trayvon, but police say their evidence indicates it was Zimmerman.

One witnesses, who has since talked to local television news reporters, told police he saw Zimmerman on the ground with Trayvon on top, pounding him and was unequivocal that it was Zimmerman who was crying for help.

Zimmerman then shot Trayvon once in the chest from very close range, according to authorities.

When police arrived less than two minutes later, Zimmerman was bleeding from the nose, had a swollen lip and had bloody lacerations to the back of his head.

Paramedics gave him first aide but he said no to going to the hospital. He got medical care the next day.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-26/news/os-trayvon-martin-zimmerman-account-20120326_1_arizona-iced-tea-suv-unarmed-black-teenager

Stupidity is not a crime. Racism is not a crime. Stupidity combined with racism is still not a crime. Unless there are contradictory witness statements or self-incrimination on the part of Zimmerman, I'm guessing he walks. Lawyers will keep him out of prison or in protective custody if charged. He should have gone to the hospital from the scene so as to better document his injuries. Of course, he should have been spending his evenings minding his own damn business.

coastie
03-26-2012, 10:08 AM
Soooooooooooooooooo back on topic. It still baffles me how the NBPP has a $10,000 bounty on this man's head, and no one seems to care.

America-Fuck Yeah.

oyarde
03-26-2012, 10:12 AM
:confused:I am not racist , not do I fear them , had my fill of dumbasses and commies though , in this lifetime .

Kluge
03-26-2012, 10:44 AM

I looked it up.

Simple
03-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Soooooooooooooooooo back on topic. It still baffles me how the NBPP has a $10,000 bounty on this man's head, and no one seems to care.

You're right. There is a complete abandonment of the rule of law and people seem more concerned about "social justice."

cajuncocoa
03-26-2012, 12:14 PM
STOP!!

Can we take a deep breath for a moment??

Some here are blaming the victim, and others are trying the accused on a message board. Both of these actions seems unfair to me.

None of us were there on the night this tragedy happened. All we have are emotionally charged and manipulative msm* accounts of this incident (*people that Ron Paul supporters normally do not trust to tell us the truth).

I've said this before: based on what we've been told it sure seems like the cops dropped the ball for not arresting Zimmerman. But I don't know if what we know is all there is to know. It sure would be nice to wait for all of the facts before we convict Trayvor Martin or George Zimmerman.

Martin is not here to give his account; may he rest in peace. But in a way, Zimmerman's life is basically over too, no matter what happens next. This is a situation where there is no winner, folks.

Brian4Liberty
03-26-2012, 12:25 PM
I agree. A 5-9" out of shape guy who's relying exclusively on his firearm may not not be the best candidate.

My gated community is patrolled by two self-appointed busy-bodies. One a little old Muslim lady, and one a little old Jewish lady. Yes, they do accost teenagers (and garbage can divers) who come on the property. Interestingly, when they do call the Police (for minor issues), the Police generally tell them to take it up with the Homeowners Association. Not much help from them. I don't beleive that they carry guns, but you never know what they may be hiding in their clothes. Might have to invite the TSA in to give them a naked scan and feel them up. ;)

The Free Hornet
03-26-2012, 12:25 PM
But in a way, Zimmerman's life is basically over too, no matter what happens next. This is a situation where there is no winner, folks.

Both were headed for loserville and I don't mean "unfamous" or "not rich" rather unproductive deadweight.

It sure would be nice to wait for all of the facts before we convict Trayvor Martin or George Zimmerman.

I don't expect to have all the facts. Nor do I expect the police, the DA, the judge, or a jury to have all the facts. In fact, I can guarantee the jury won't have all the facts.

cajuncocoa
03-26-2012, 12:31 PM
Both were headed for loserville and I don't mean "unfamous" or "not rich" rather unproductive deadweight.

I don't expect to have all the facts. Nor do I expect the police, the DA, the judge, or a jury to have all the facts. In fact, I can guarantee the jury won't have all the facts.Can you be more specific about your meaning here?

ExPatPaki
03-26-2012, 12:44 PM
My gated community is patrolled by two self-appointed busy-bodies. One a little old Muslim lady, and one a little old Jewish lady.

LOL, that's some funny shit. :D

RonPaulMall
03-26-2012, 01:16 PM
LOL, that's some funny shit. :D

I think that's pretty much the norm. Part of the divide in this case might be owing to the fact that Liberals tend to live in cities where people don't really know their neighbors and self appointed busybodies simply don't exist (just knowing the all the people that live on your apartment floor would be a rarity) while Conservatives tend to live in suburban or rural communities where the local busybody is universally recognized meme and neighborhood watches are commonplace. Liberals see Zimmerman's actions as utterly insane, and that's why they are calling for blood whether a law exists or not. Conservatives probably saw Zimmerman as being a bit overzealous at first, but now that more facts are coming out as to the recent crime wave in that neighborhood, I think a lot of that is melting away. Under Florida law, Zimmerman's neighborhood watch antics have nothing to do with the case of course. The only thing that matters is what happened once the two men came face to face. But most people seem obsessed with the legally irrelevant neighborhood watch aspect, and that I think is shaping most views on the case and that is definitely something that cuts along cultural lines.

The Free Hornet
03-26-2012, 01:57 PM
Can you be more specific about your meaning here?

This is a jab at the system but information is routinely witheld from juries which is why they are sequestered and told not read papers, watch the news, et cetera. The judge and DA can do these things and dispense justice, but us mundanes have to be imprisoned to do "our civic duty". Also, it is a poor reference to the Fully Informed Jury Association (http://fija.org/) whose work I strongly support.

RonPaulMall
03-26-2012, 02:13 PM
This is a jab at the system but information is routinely witheld from juries which is why they are sequestered and told not read papers, watch the news, et cetera. The judge and DA can do these things and dispense justice, but us mundanes have to be imprisoned to do "our civic duty". Also, it is a poor reference to the Fully Informed Jury Association (http://fija.org/) whose work I strongly support.

The other thing people seem to be missing is the fundamental nature of our justice system. A trial is an adversarial proceeding. If you are on trial, the police by definition believed a crime was committed and that you committed the crime and then a prosecutor looked at the evidence, and came to the same conclusion. An American trial is not an examination of the facts. The State believes you are guilty and doing everything they can to convict you. That's why our system requires the state to have probable cause prior to an arrest. The investigation is the point in the process where the state is searching for the truth. Once you get to the trial phase, they already have their theory of the facts, believe the accused guilty, and will only present evidence of guilt. That's why probable cause is required prior to any arrest. If the state does not believe Zimmerman guilty of a crime, they are forbidden under our system of justice to arrest him.

rag-time4
03-26-2012, 02:44 PM
How did the blacks got a bad deal?Black people as a whole have never had true liberty in this country, for one. Instead of owning property, most blacks at one point were property owned by others. In the 1850s we had the Dred Scott decision which stated that African people were not qualified for citizenship and rights. With the fourteenth amendment blacks were used to put all Americans into second class citizenship. After reconstruction, we had Jim Crow and segregation, while we had de facto segregation and discrimination in many parts of the north and west.

rag-time4
03-26-2012, 03:55 PM
Or , hell , maybe the one I have on the basement wall is the old one from 1966...Just found this recently posted youtube vid, in which New Black Panther Party national spokesman Chawn Kweli explains the first point in the New Black Panther Party 10 point platform:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnLEIya9hsc

Sounds to me like point 1 of their platform is liberty!

cajuncocoa
03-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Just found this recently posted youtube vid, in which New Black Panther Party national spokesman Chawn Kweli explains the first point in the New Black Panther Party 10 point platform:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnLEIya9hsc

Sounds to me like point 1 of their platform is liberty!And it goes downhill from there. Here's a link so everyone can see the entire list: http://www.blackpanther.org/TenPoint.htm

rag-time4
03-26-2012, 04:14 PM
And it goes downhill from there. Here's a link so everyone can see the entire list: http://www.blackpanther.org/TenPoint.htmThis is the original Black Panther Party 10 pt platform. Is the New Black Panther Party 10 pt platform the same?

cajuncocoa
03-26-2012, 04:20 PM
This is the original Black Panther Party 10 pt platform. Is the New Black Panther Party 10 pt platform the same?Apparently it's not. Do you have a link to the new platform? What point is being discussed in the video you posted? I ask because I can't play the video right now.

rag-time4
03-26-2012, 04:31 PM
Apparently it's not. Do you have a link to the new platform? What point is being discussed in the video you posted? I ask because I can't play the video right now.Well, it may in fact be the same 10 pt platform. I think I have an old cassette or vhs tape somewhere of one of the founders, Khallid Abdul Muhammad, going over all ten points. The New Black Panther Party has been around since the late 90s so its been a while.

The point discussed in this recent vid is point 1: a demand for self determination.