PDA

View Full Version : Ads in Financial Newspapers.

Primbs
11-14-2007, 11:01 AM
Should we be targeting investment newspapers because of Ron's economic stances?

Investors Business Daily has the most conservative editorials and is the most hardcare paper for covering stocks.

Barons Newspaper is very influential.

Wall Street Journal has a large subscription base the editorials are conservative.

With all the Wall Street year end bonuses coming up we should advertise where these players are.

maxmerkel
11-14-2007, 11:34 AM
i think this would be a good idea, but financial newspapers tend to be very expensive.

Visual
11-14-2007, 11:38 AM
If you do, and get the funding for it, I'd suggest getting someone(s) with financial knowledge (aka has a job involved in finance/economics/etc)

Energy
11-14-2007, 11:39 AM
This is a good idea. We can pool together or have ones with the wherewithal do it on a personal basis, like the USA Today ad.

What would be good hooks for that audience? Talk about inflation tax and how it relates to the Fed Reserve and foreign policy?

Eric21ND
11-14-2007, 11:48 AM
Whatever came of that ad in the WV financial paper??

Matt Collins
11-14-2007, 08:29 PM
Yes -

But I think targeting local newspapers would be more effective.

Specifically if you place the ads:
- as close to the editorials as possible
- in the business section
- in the "local" section

Right now we are still in the name recognition phase so we should create ads that say "Ron Paul for President" with a URL and toll-free number. Since newspapers tend to be a wide and diverse audience we should keep the ads as simple and vague as possible in order to get the most amount of people interested in him as possible. The entire point is to give enough information so that the readers are curious enough to go and look up more information about him.