PDA

View Full Version : American Medical Revolutions: How the AMA Took Over America

Created4
03-24-2012, 07:00 PM
http://healthimpactnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/constitution.jpg

Excellent article on the rise of the AMA and allopathic medicine, and how they took over America with a monopoly on medicine, even though other systems worked just as well, or even better, like homeopathy.

http://healthimpactnews.com/2012/american-medical-revolutions-how-the-ama-took-over-america/

wrestlingwes_8
03-25-2012, 02:33 AM
I look forward to reading this in the morning!

Athena
03-25-2012, 02:42 AM
Homeopathy worked better at the time because normal medicine was totally pseudoscientific (with a very few exceptions.)

That said, the AMA basically is a cartel now, and has been for a very long time. But now they're a very effective, life-saving cartel.

Created4
03-25-2012, 08:55 AM
But now they're a very effective, life-saving cartel.

They are the leading cause of death in America. More Americans die from prescription drugs and hospital/medical errors then they do from cancer or heart disease. And this is according to the medical industry's own records.

See: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/02/04/death-by-medicine-an-update.aspx

We have the highest health care costs in the world, and yet we rank 49th in life expectancy.

Created4
03-25-2012, 09:01 AM
Homeopathy worked better at the time because normal medicine was totally pseudoscientific.

Much of it today is STILL pseudoscience. Antidepressants are the most profitable drugs in America, and they have been proven to be no more effective than placebos. Watch the 60 minutes report with the Harvard research that proves this: http://healthimpactnews.com/2012/fact-antidepressant-drugs-no-better-than-placebos/

wrestlingwes_8
03-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Homeopathy worked better at the time because normal medicine was totally pseudoscientific (with a very few exceptions.)

That said, the AMA basically is a cartel now, and has been for a very long time. But now they're a very effective, life-saving cartel.

How could you possibly categorize them as "effective" and "life-saving"?? Yes, modern medicine is effective at treating trauma incidences (broken bone, gun shot, etc.) but THAT IS IT. They have not cured any chronic condition in over 100 years. They don't even understand how disease operates; everyone believes sickness is a random occurrence that strikes without warning. Homeopathic and holistic medicine know this is not the case, and have proven it. If you just want to "deal with" a sickness, go to a regular hospital, if you actually want to cure it and help yourself, turn to natural medicine.

Athena
03-25-2012, 01:25 PM
How could you possibly categorize them as "effective" and "life-saving"?? Yes, modern medicine is effective at treating trauma incidences (broken bone, gun shot, etc.) but THAT IS IT. They have not cured any chronic condition in over 100 years. They don't even understand how disease operates; everyone believes sickness is a random occurrence that strikes without warning. Homeopathic and holistic medicine know this is not the case, and have proven it. If you just want to "deal with" a sickness, go to a regular hospital, if you actually want to cure it and help yourself, turn to natural medicine.

I think homeopathy is completely bunk.

Modern medicine is flawed and very, very imperfect, but for a lot of stuff (diabetes, many cancers, etc) it really does save lives.

wrestlingwes_8
03-25-2012, 01:29 PM
I think homeopathy is completely bunk.

Modern medicine is flawed and very, very imperfect, but for a lot of stuff (diabetes, many cancers, etc) it really does save lives.

You obviously love to ignore the facts when they are in front of your face. Modern medicine HAS NEVER ONCE cured ANY chronic disease; especially DIABETES AND CANCER!! I hope to God your post is satire or you really do not know what you are talking about..

Athena
03-25-2012, 01:33 PM
You obviously love to ignore the facts when they are in front of your face. Modern medicine HAS NEVER ONCE cured ANY chronic disease; especially DIABETES AND CANCER!! I hope to God your post is satire or you really do not know what you are talking about..

Modern medicine has cured cancer, and treats (not cures) type 1 diabetes fairly well.

If you were diagnosed with cancer or type 1 diabetes, you'd used homeopathy or some other alt medicine and refuse mainstream medicine?

wrestlingwes_8
03-25-2012, 01:42 PM
Modern medicine has cured cancer, and treats (not cures) type 1 diabetes fairly well.

If you were diagnosed with cancer or type 1 diabetes, you'd used homeopathy or some other alt medicine and refuse mainstream medicine?

My mother died from chemotherapy treatments, so yeah I would in a heart beat. Hundreds of people cure themselves every day using methods such as the Gerson Therapy, etc. Both diabetes and cancer have been proven to be linked to bad health and living a stressful lifestyle. They are NOT random occurrences; they are the result of an overly-acid body. Sugar, prescription medication, processed foods, and stress ALL create acid in the body. Diabetes is a very simple thing to cure, it is almost always due to poor diet. Cancer can be a little more tricky as it can also be the result of a build up of harmful toxins in the body (radiation, PCBs, etc.); however both can be cured by changing your lifestyle.

AGAIN, modern medicine does not cure cancer. The only thing they have done is extend the lives of cancer patients. Only 5-10% of the people diagnosed with the specific type of cancer my mother had, live longer than 5 years. I would hardly call that curing anything. If you are going to make false claims, at least supply some false data or studies to go along with it...