PDA

View Full Version : Is US Congress acting as a Racist Institute?

moderate libertarian
03-24-2012, 09:34 AM
Let me first say I support cutting off all tax payers foreign aid to parasite regimes in mideast and around the world immediately. Following comments are to highlight seemingly immoral use of tax payers money by current Congress to regulate fascism and puppet dictatorships/oppressions around the world under the guise of "spreading freedom and racial equality".

Is US Congress acting as a Racist Institute?

US has been giving aid to various "rebel" groups to violently seek "freedom" in Libya, Syria even when Al Qaueda linked groups are part of these rebel forces. At the same time Palistainians are punished bu cutting off humanitarian aid when they attemp to achieve freedom using peacfeful voting process at UN? Is there any explanation other than that Congress is acting like world's premier racist institute? If no, can one douchebag like Illeana Ros-Lehtinen pull this "freedom" double standard off alone without complicity of Congress?

Do few interventionist occupation lobby activists like Republican Illeana Ros-Lehtinen in democrat controlled Congress really have the power to decide how tax payers many can be used to "ration" freedom in mideast based on race/religion of their oppressors?

House committee chair places hold on Palestinian aid | JTA - Jewish ...
Oct 3, 2011 ... Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, the chairwoman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, is
holding back nearly $200 million in humanitarian aid to the Palestinians. ...
through the United Nations and absent peace talks with Israel.

Republicans and Democrats have warned that such money may be withheld if the Palestinians do not pull back from their attempt to gain statehood recognition through the United Nations and absent peace talks with Israel.
www.jta.org/news/.../10/.../arab-league-calls-for-more-palestinian-aid

Friday, March 16, 2012
Howard Berman, Ileana Ros-Lehtinen Introduce Legislation Extending Loan Guarantees to Israel
The $9 billion loan guarantee program was initiated in 2003, and in 2006 was extended for an additional 5 years. The legislation introduced by Berman and Ros-Lehtinen would extend the program through September 30, 2015.

http://democrats.foreignaffairs.house.gov/press_display.asp?id=931

Defending bill as pro-Israel, Ileana Ros-Lehtinen counters critics of proposal to cut U.N. funding
Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen fought back on Tuesday against critics who have derided her proposal to cut funding to the United Nations.
The Miami Republican, who chairs the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, submitted legislation two weeks ago that would, among other things, make funding to the U.N. voluntary and block U.S. funding to any U.N. agency that elevates Palestine's status in the international body.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2011/09/defending-bill-as-pro-israel-ileana-ros-lehtinen-counters-critics-of-proposal-to-cut-un-funding.html#storylink=cpy

Ros-Lehtinen on bombing Syria: “My heart says yes but my head says no”
By Josh Rogin Monday, March 5, 2012

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2012/03/05/ros_lehtinen_on_bombing_syria_my_hearts_says_yes_b ut_my_head_says_no

Why don't anti foreign occupations/wars libertarian groups ally to stand a freedom candiadate to kick this posterchild of pro foreign occupation neocons lobbies Illeana Ros-Lehtinen out of Congress come next election?