PDA

View Full Version : Glen Beck Radio Show talking about RP

JAHOGS
11-14-2007, 10:27 AM
He said that the campaign has contacted him to get on his show sometime soon. He said it would be best for RP to come on for over an hour and not a 4 minute show. Talking about how if he was to ask him a question he would want him to have the entire show to explain his answer.

Glen said he loves his radio ads that are out there and would vote for him if he didn't know who he really was. Then Stu said, you only don't like his foreign policy. Glen agreed. Stu said you would really like him if you sat down with him and you two talked. Glen said maybe but we haven't been able to yet so I can't say I would or would not.

Zym
11-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Maybe those calls and e-mails to his advertisers worked?

born2drv
11-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Awesome I can't wait ..... Beck is convertible, I know it ;)

RPFTW!
11-14-2007, 10:31 AM
Cool!

improv241
11-14-2007, 10:31 AM
amazing

parke
11-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Beck has acted like a brat kid. RP got double booked and now Beck wants to take his ball and go home. I listened to Beck for years, I lived in FL for a few and always thought he was good on the radio.

He has been inviting idiots to his show to slander Dr. Paul. I cant wait for RP to make mince meat out of him.

wgadget
11-14-2007, 10:33 AM
Yeah, he spouts all of Ron's policies, except for the war. And all he would need is a little explanation as to how the war ties to all the other pressing issues (immigration, falling dollar) to come around. Ron's views make sense all together, as well as piece-by-piece. But it's the overall plan that really catches ya.

Furis
What the hell???

Glenn Beck???

He just got done calling us terrorists!!!

I would like it if RP would go on for a full hour.

It would be good to convert an enemy.

slantedview
I would like to see/hear this.

Nate K
11-14-2007, 10:34 AM
Alright good, now let's start sending some positive e-mails to him for once?

we're lucky he went this way after the boycott route we were taking this.

Falseflagop
11-14-2007, 10:36 AM
This guy got a new $25 mil contract to be a lying TOOL to brainwash and attack when asked to do so. He is a recovering something I believe, this guy is worthless imho!

KewlRonduderules
11-14-2007, 10:37 AM
Alright good, now let's start sending some positive e-mails to him for once?

we're lucky he went this way after the boycott route we were taking this.

Let's not send him positive emails. Don't send any period!

Furis

At least until AFTER Ron is on the show.

JJ2K1
This would be GREAT for both Glenn Beck and Ron Paul. And i'm sure if RP does go on GB, Glenn Becks ratings for that show would be through the roof!

Jimmy
11-14-2007, 10:40 AM
No way Glen wants an hour to debate Ron.....Ron would own his arse and have him hiding under a table. Ron needs to start calling some of these guys out and darning them to debate with him.

Goldwater Conservative
11-14-2007, 10:41 AM
I hope this means the end of Glenn Beck threads. :)

davidhperry
11-14-2007, 10:42 AM
Glen said he loves his radio ads that are out there and would vote for him if he didn't know who he really was. Then Stu said, you only don't like his foreign policy. Glen agreed. Stu said you would really like him if you sat down with him and you two talked. Glen said maybe but we haven't been able to yet so I can't say I would or would not.

I haven't heard the radio show in a while. So is Stu relatively supportive of Ron Paul?

LibertyEagle
11-14-2007, 10:44 AM
Beck has acted like a brat kid. RP got double booked and now Beck wants to take his ball and go home. I listened to Beck for years, I lived in FL for a few and always thought he was good on the radio.

He has been inviting idiots to his show to slander Dr. Paul. I cant wait for RP to make mince meat out of him.

I used to kind of like Beck. But, he has acted like a big baby having a temper tantrum, ever since Dr. Paul had to back out of that first interview.

The reality is that he agrees with Paul on almost every single thing except the war on a tactic. I agree that Paul should go on his show for a full hour. Paul needs more than snippet-time.

LibertyEagle
11-14-2007, 10:46 AM

+1

LibertyEagle
11-14-2007, 10:49 AM
No way Glen wants an hour to debate Ron.....Ron would own his arse and have him hiding under a table. Ron needs to start calling some of these guys out and darning them to debate with him.

Paul will be the gentleman he always is. If Glenn acts accordingly, which I sincerely hope he does, it will be a great interview. It's always possible that once Glenn gets some of his questions answered, he will think about Paul entirely differently.

Yes, it would probably take a miracle. But, miracles do happen. I can always hope.

JAHOGS
11-14-2007, 10:51 AM
I haven't heard the radio show in a while. So is Stu relatively supportive of Ron Paul?

He had not talked during the whole show except when Glen would ask him a question about the Congressman and the Sheriff down in Lerado, TX. Then he said he likes his radio ads and would vote for him if he didn't know who he really was. Then Stu dropped in and said you like him except for his foreign policy. Glen didn't say anything crazy after that, but Stu was taking up for RP.

Furis
11-14-2007, 10:52 AM
No way Glen wants an hour to debate Ron.....

From what i have seen Glenn supports a lot of Ron's talking points (the border and economy specifically).

I see a Q&A or Glenn getting owned if a debate.

Marceline88
I f Ron can convert Beck...and he does sound convertable....then we will have a toehold to convert all other NeoCon pro-war folks.

I say let Ron work his magic, known as logic. This could be GREAT!

Primbs
Just because Beck called Ron Paul names doesn't mean the audience fell for it.

We should be on the Glenn Beck show just for the exposure and to show that Glenn Beck went a overboard with the generalizations.

Most people would give Ron Paul the benefit of the doubt.

Most people don't even know who Ron Paul is to have an opinion yet.

garrettwombat
11-14-2007, 10:53 AM
hey i think we need to talk to the campaign HQ so they don't let this opportunity slip.

im sure glen could schedule it for anytime also, they don't need to be lazy about this.

LibertyOfOne
11-14-2007, 10:54 AM
Glenn is a turd that won't flush. He publiclay called Ron Paul supporters the T word. Stop acting like he is on your side when clearly he is not. He is trying to act all nice so he can get away with saying horrid things.

JAHOGS
11-14-2007, 10:57 AM
Glenn is a turd that won't flush. He publiclay called Ron Paul supporters the T word. Stop acting like he is on your side when clearly he is not. He is trying to act all nice so he can get away with saying horrid things.

Glen is confused at what we are. Why not un-confuse him by having RP go on his show. The campaign is talking with a lady named Amanda(i think that's the name Glen said). She is one of many that takes calls on getting guest on his show. The campaign and this lady are in the works to getting something finalized.

Ozwest
11-14-2007, 10:59 AM

You win the Cupie doll. Coincidental that we hammered him yesterday and he's starting to see the light. Ron should turn down his request, as he probably will, and the Emails and phone calls to his sponsors should be continued.

davidhperry
11-14-2007, 11:06 AM
You win the Cupie doll. Coincidental that we hammered him yesterday and he's starting to see the light. Ron should turn down his request, as he probably will, and the Emails and phone calls to his sponsors should be continued.

If that's what you're actually recommending, then what is the reason to boycott in the first place if you don't stoop when you're demands are met? Are we boycotting just to boycott - what is the point?

paul_v
11-14-2007, 11:07 AM
Glenn Beck's hour-long interviews are quite good. Glenn basically asks questions and follow-up questions. It's basically an honest conversation. Ever since Huckabee was on Glenn's show his poll numbers have been steadily increasing. Duncan Hunter was on last Friday. Both Huckabee and Hunter came out looking like great candidates. Ron Paul would be fantastic in that forum.

Oh and hello :) This is my first post....

Fyretrohl
11-14-2007, 11:12 AM
Well, as a fellow Latter Day Saint <Glenn is Mormon, if my information is correct>, I must allow him the opportunity to repent and correct his actions. However, I also hold him, and Mitt Romney, to a more strigent standard. If this is a real attempt by him, then I fully support Ron Paul taking the opportunity. Glenn does have a strong following.

On a similar note, I was listening to our local talk station here and during the morning local show, they did a promo for Hannity. I could have SWORN he was promoting Ron Paul. Smaller Government, less spending, fiscal responsibility. It all turns on the war.

Erazmus
11-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Does Glenn Beck have a place where you can download podcasts of his show, or does someone here have an account if it requires it? I'd be interested in hearing this.

LBT
11-14-2007, 11:17 AM
What chance some of Beck's advertisers called his station up and gave them some grief?

This may be their 'way out' by trying to appease Ron Paul fans.

If so, I expect him to be fair during the interview. If so, mission accomplished.

Ron LOL
11-14-2007, 11:24 AM
Very very glad to hear that this seems to have reached a resolution. I actually like Beck a lot and was upset to hear what he was saying about RP.

thePhilosopher
11-14-2007, 11:27 AM
First of all, Glenn did not call RP supporters "terrorists." He simply called into question the purpose or message of the 5th of November money bomb. Since Glenn is a member of MSM, you all should have seen that coming a long time ago, because the MSM obviously can't analyze much below the surface of stories.

That said, I have listened to Glenn for about two and a half years. At first, I hated the guy. I couldn't stand his attitude and I thought he was a moron. But after giving him a chance, I think he's right on a lot of things (the boarder, Islamic extremism, the economy, etc.). He constantly says he's a libertarian at heart. But he still needs help, mostly in the area of foreign policy. RP is extremely intelligent and well versed in this area. Beck is also a PUSH OVER in face to face interviews, and I think it'd go a long ways for Ron to get that kind of face time with a well-known conservative commentator (or talking head, if you prefer).

aroberso
11-14-2007, 11:27 AM
Beck did a good interview with Penn Gillette a few weeks back. I suspect his interview with Ron Paul would be good as well.

I hope Ron Paul goes on to get the exposure, but I wouldn't expect Beck to convert. He'll go right back to saying provocative things just to get attention. He thinks that is his job. Ultimately, that's why he is on the downslope and won't be on CNN much longer IMHO.

winston_blade
11-14-2007, 11:28 AM
RP needs to go on Beck's show. Lots of people listen to him.

Ozwest
11-14-2007, 11:29 AM
If that's what you're actually recommending, then what is the reason to boycott in the first place if you don't stoop when you're demands are met? Are we boycotting just to boycott - what is the point?

As I understand it, Ron Paul has always had an open invitation to this gentlemans program. Am I right or wrong?

alaric
11-14-2007, 11:32 AM
lew rockwell's site said there was a poll on glen's webpage. i can't find it. it was whether we agreed with RP or glen's comments:confused:

davidhperry
11-14-2007, 11:34 AM
As I understand it, Ron Paul has always had an open invitation to this gentlemans program. Am I right or wrong?

Not sure. I've heard Glenn say that his staff has contacted the campaign a few times with an invite but I don't know anything about an open-ended invite. What have you heard?

ItsTime
11-14-2007, 11:35 AM
I would love Ron Paul to go on Glen Beck.... So we can all NOT WATCH IT... then WATCH THE YOUTUBE of it afterwards :)

thePhilosopher
11-14-2007, 11:35 AM
RP needs to go on Beck's show. Lots of people listen to him.

Lots of very intelligent people that you personally know watch Glenn's show. Admit to it or else I'm going to put you in a triangle choke.

winston_blade
11-14-2007, 11:37 AM
Lots of very intelligent people that you personally know watch Glenn's show. Admit to it or else I'm going to put you in a triangle choke.

I watch his show and some of my friends do as well as my brother. I do know several people people that do. Plus, if you deny my claim, you'll be served a straight armbar, no refunds.

Edit: I still think its funny that Horowitz is still taken seriously.

JJ2K1
11-14-2007, 11:46 AM
Well I personally love his show and it dissapoints me on his attacks on Ron Paul supports. But i'm sure once Ron Paul gets on that show, a lot will change.

LFOD
11-14-2007, 11:48 AM
Smells like an O'Reilly style ambush to me. You think it's coincidence that Beck brought out the "RP supporters may be violent" propaganda line at the same time that John Fortier of AEI developed the same thesis publicly?

http://www.aei.org/publications/filter.all,pubID.27105/pub_detail.asp

The neocons are working up an attack strategy on Ron Paul and Glenn Beck is part of the effort in getting something to stick.

Ozwest
11-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Not sure. I've heard Glenn say that his staff has contacted the campaign a few times with an invite but I don't know anything about an open-ended invite. What have you heard?

Obviously Ron Paul has good judgement. He can pick and choose. Mr. Beck needs to get over it.

DjLoTi
11-14-2007, 11:53 AM
I would like to listen to an hour long RP-GB interview

Lord Xar
11-14-2007, 11:54 AM

No, I think it was more like showing glen some 'respect' he thinks he deserves. Whether he does or doesn't, it don't matter. The campaign should of contacted him a while ago and talked. The guy reaches millions of millions of people. It just makes good business sense.

remember, Ron can always just say "listen glen, I am sorry I came on - you are trying to hijack me and you are doing a great diservice to the american people by doing so. take care" and get off his show. He 'doesn' have to stay there if someone who is interviewing him is being stupid. Just walk off and say something parting "You are promoting an agenda that sees our soldiers getting killed, and bankrupty looms.. all for a foreing agenda that serves special interests. You tell that to the family of those killed in Iraq and afghanistan... good day!"

I think it will be fine.

Ozwest
11-14-2007, 12:01 PM
What is it with this overglorification of media personalities? I can understand that it envelopes the political reality, but what is it with the schizophrenic love hate relationship?

bolidew
11-14-2007, 12:07 PM
Supporters should contact campaign HQ to show interest on such a interview.

Benaiah
11-14-2007, 12:12 PM
//

LibertyOfOne
11-14-2007, 12:18 PM
Glen is confused at what we are. Why not un-confuse him by having RP go on his show. The campaign is talking with a lady named Amanda(i think that's the name Glen said). She is one of many that takes calls on getting guest on his show. The campaign and this lady are in the works to getting something finalized.

Might end up being a one hour bash fest.

frasu
11-14-2007, 12:22 PM
I for one I would of ignore Glen Beck... I didn't even know about him or his o'reilly show until people on this forum made a big deal out of his comments... he is not a journalist, he is just a man with a show... I have no idea why would anybody put weight on his comments... It really fells to me that o'relly got an even more annoying clone. Heck, I can't see how having RP will be more than a trophy type deal for the Glen... He went gaga over Huckabee and he is not likely to change his stand on war. He insulted RP ( mayor of crazy town etc) and his supporters (us). I would tolerate to be called names, but how can I have any respect for such a opinionated "journalist"...

Glen Beck has no respect from me, and his show is a continuous celebration of his opinions and his great analytical power. He preaches and it does not inform. He is a mob agitator, not a voice of reason.

In conclusion, all I hope if RP goes on this worthless show is to shame him for his childish ways...

Maybe I am wrong, but in my heart I know I am right :D

hard@work
11-14-2007, 12:35 PM
Maybe it's time for some of us to realize that we have to fight this battle on all fronts. Which includes lobbying and petitioning the punditry, whether or not we believe they will come around.

Ozwest
11-14-2007, 12:42 PM
As any frustrated defensive lineman would know... The rules protect the quarterback, but if he is in posession of the ball and not executing a forward pass, the rules of the game allow you to commit manslaughter in the 2nd degree...

frasu
11-14-2007, 12:42 PM
Maybe it's time for some of us to realize that we have to fight this battle on all fronts. Which includes lobbying and petitioning the punditry, whether or not we believe they will come around.

very true, very true...

but from tactical point of view, I think this primary battle will be won with delegates. a lot of people are very laid back at this stage of the election, can't get over maybe 4 names of candidates, so we are in advantage being so active and enthusiastic.

Mortikhi
11-14-2007, 12:47 PM
If I ever see Glen Beck in public, my fist is going to terrorize his face.

Taco John
11-14-2007, 12:47 PM
This is going to end badly.

thomaseusin
11-14-2007, 01:04 PM
I saw Glen Beck for the first time yesterday and he sounds like a just a guy that says whatever he wants, and he does because he can get away with it and he needs people like us watching him for ratings. Needless to say, changed the channel and moved on..

Thought he was interviewing for Faux News.

Furis
11-14-2007, 01:05 PM

Wrong attitude, but I understand.

me3
11-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Why don't we fight on the fronts that count? Who really gives a damn what GB thinks? It isn't going to effect the election.

We really need to buckle down and focus on delegates and outstanding election petitions. While some guys are harassing the media or spamming online polls, we are risking not being on the ballot in some states, which basically means we'll lose.

This is going to end badly.
Yup.

Don't post threats please.

Duckman
11-14-2007, 01:12 PM
Thought he was interviewing for Faux News.

True, the Glenn Beck show is a little bit like Fox News on CNN. I can't stand to watch it myself. Especially after he dedicated a whole show to whether we are living in the Christian Armageddon/End Times. Please.

However, I do think Glenn Beck has a target audience that should be supporting Ron Paul, and I support the idea of Ron Paul appearing on his show.

Ozwest
11-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Call the sponsors. Email the sponsors. Don't get mad, get even!

hard@work
11-14-2007, 01:19 PM

Make sure you shout something nonsensical. Like ... scream out 'This is for the milkshake you borrowed!!" then run off. Leave him pondering for the rest of his waking life.

chrismatthews
11-14-2007, 01:21 PM
I watched a youtube of the GB show in question yesterday. It seemed to me that his guest were the ones equating us with terrorist not GB.

I emailed Glenn about 2000 words telling him why i support Dr. Paul, what November 5th really meant in relation to V for Vendetta, why it was ok to declare victory and withdraw from Iraq, and what the Ron Paul revolution was really about.

I've listened to Beck on the radio here in texas for years. Why is it important to engage him and make him understand this movement?

He has the bully pulpit. A nationally syndicated talk show and a daily tv show. He has a history of advocacy on issues he believes in, and a penchant for taking risks on controversial topics.

Despite his support of continuing the war he is still for small government. I think he can be won over, and if he can, he'll be a huge media coup for this campaign.

He can hit an audience that we can only dream of, and he gets paid to do it instead of having to pay. For all of his shortcomings the guys intellectually honest.

He'll likely never be anti-war, he's too invested in it already. But the first time he says, "You know, if we could cut spending and eliminate the IRS imagine how positively that will effect the American people." on his talk show, and someone disagrees with him, he'll be an instant advocate.(on that issue at least)

It's silly to shake your fist in a forum and talk about how he did you wrong. We need soldiers in this movement, take the beating and move on. Beat the pundits with logic and win them over with principle.

I'd much rather win the election than win at the internets.

Ozwest
11-14-2007, 01:24 PM
I read on a thread today that he is a Mormon. Is that so?

Duckman
11-14-2007, 01:46 PM

Apparently.

From wikipedia:

"Beck is a self-described reformed alcoholic and drug addict. In the aftermath of those three family tragedies, Beck said he used "Dr. Jack Daniels" and heavy drugs to cope. He and his first wife divorced amid his struggle with substance abuse. Beck cites the help of Alcoholics Anonymous in his sobriety, and he eventually converted to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints which teaches against the consumption of alcohol."

Mortikhi
11-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Make sure you shout something nonsensical. Like ... scream out 'This is for the milkshake you borrowed!!" then run off. Leave him pondering for the rest of his waking life.
LOL You got it.

Mortikhi
11-14-2007, 01:51 PM
If that's true, then that explains his asshat tendencies.

I lived in Utah in high school and here is how the mormons operated

mormon: are you a mormon?
me: no

mormon: would you like to know about mormonism, jeebus here in the US (or whatver other nonsensical bs they spewed)
me: um, pass.

mormon: a-hole!
*mormon proceeds to hating me the rest of the school year*

Now, whenever I see someone on a bike with a white shirt and black tie, I swerve at them and tell them to go the f back where they came from.

Adamsa
11-14-2007, 01:55 PM
Glenn Beck didn't call us terrorists, but he has misunderstood what motivates us.

a) It wasn't the campaign that chose the date
b) There is no significance about November 5 to us except that it would get more publicity
c) David Horowitz is incredibly stupid

literatim
11-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Supporters should contact campaign HQ to show interest on such a interview.

HQ is busy enough without being bugged about this.

Ozwest
11-14-2007, 02:01 PM
I think Mitt is Glenn Becks man. He's jerking our chain.

Fyretrohl
11-14-2007, 02:07 PM
If that's true, then that explains his asshat tendencies.

I lived in Utah in high school and here is how the mormons operated

mormon: are you a mormon?
me: no

mormon: would you like to know about mormonism, jeebus here in the US (or whatver other nonsensical bs they spewed)
me: um, pass.

mormon: a-hole!
*mormon proceeds to hating me the rest of the school year*

Now, whenever I see someone on a bike with a white shirt and black tie, I swerve at them and tell them to go the f back where they came from.

Mortikhi...I am sorry for your experiences in Utah. But, you MAY want to be careful with any type of bashing like this. Among many of the LDS I know <Including my family and myself>, we are STRONG Ron Paul supporters. Part of the reason I am disgusted on other levels with Glenn Beck, BUT, also why I am willing to give him a chance to repent and fix it. Mormon's are NOT THEM. Mormon's are US.