PDA

View Full Version : The Ron Paul Litmus test.

Madison320
03-23-2012, 07:08 PM
I think one of the best things about Ron Paul is that it uncovers the phony "limited government" types. Anytime I hear a supposedly conservative commentator or politician that is saying all the right things about limited government I wait until I hear their opinion of RP. If they like RP then I know they are probably legit. If they don't like RP then I know they're fake. They don't really believe in limited constitutional government.

WilliamC
03-23-2012, 07:21 PM
Ah yep.

It's pretty simple, if a politician supports Ron Paul publicly they may gain my trust.

If Ron Paul supports them they will probably have my support.

Otherwise not.

TheTexan
03-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Yep. This will work for now anyway. 10-15 years from now politicians will start to say they like him, because it's the cool thing to do. Like Reagan.

MaxPower
03-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Absolutely. In the Idaho midterms, for example, I was tempted to vote for Gresham Bouma for state senate, but wasn't sufficiently convinced he was legitimate or "striking a pose," so to speak. This election cycle, however, he has been out and about actively supporting Ron Paul-- I will feel now comfortable casting my vote for him the next time the issue is put to me.