PDA

View Full Version : 'icky Satonrum outted as undocumented "conservative"!

Voluntary Man
03-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Do any Ron Paul supporters have any friends, neighbors, or relatives still gullible enough to believe that Saton rum is a credentialed conservative? If so, please get them to read this article from America's premiere conservative magazine, which outs Saton rum for the fake conservative Ron has been exposing him for, from the beginning:

http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/11076-rick-santorum-how-conservative-is-he

"I’ve had a consistent record on this of supporting women’s right to have contraception. I’ve supported funding for it.... Just look at my record. I mean, I have been criticized by — by — I think it was Governor Romney or maybe it was Congressman Paul’s campaign for voting for contraception, that I voted for funding for it, which is — I think it’s — I think it’s Title X, which is — which I have voted for in the past, that provides for free contraception through organizations, even like Planned Parenthood."[Saton rum quote]

“I think we’ve all had votes that I look back on I — I wish I wouldn’t have voted — No Child Left Behind, you’re right, it led to education spending. That’s why I’ve said that we need to cut and eliminate No Child Left Behind....I have to admit, I voted for that. It was against the principles I believed in, but, you know, when you’re part of the team, sometimes you take one for the team, for the leader, and I made a mistake. You know, politics is a team sport, folks. And sometimes you’ve got to rally together and do something.”[Saton rum quote]

In 1996, Santorum voted for a bill to raise the minimum wage. In 2006, he boasted of his support for an increase in the minimum wage in a Senate reelection campaign advertisement.

In 1993, Santorum voted against the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), but then voted for a global trade regime under the World Trade Organization (WTO).

Santorum has picked up some support from Tea Party members because he publicly opposed both the TARP and auto bailouts in 2008. However, Santorum was not in Congress at the time, and so he was not subject to political pressure to vote with the political “team.” When he was in Congress, Santorum did vote on one bailout. On the issue of bailing out the airlines in with $15 billion in 2001 and 2002 with $393 million in additional federal loans, Santorum twice voted in favor of the corporate bailout with taxpayer dollars.

Santorum has also demonstrated an appalling lack of understanding of the 10th Amendment. In the November 19, 2011 debate moderated by GOP pollster Frank Luntz, Santorum noted:"I’m a very strong supporter of the 10th amendment … but the idea that the only things that the states are prevented from doing are only things specifically established in the Constitution is wrong."[and your grasp of the concept of Constitutional limitations is bizarre, Sen. Saton rum. The Constitution is an instrument of the People, ratified by the States, placing limits on the powers of the federal government -- but thanks for playing. Please, do us all a favor, 'icky, and stick to the home version,]