PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC: FOX News being sued

Zym
11-14-2007, 10:04 AM
I just saw this on MSNBC. Fox is being sued of it's preferential coverage of Guilani. Sorry I wasn't more awake, I just caught the last part. This could be big.

Mortikhi
11-14-2007, 10:05 AM
Good.

I used to watch Fox News before I went to work, after I came home from work, and before I went to bed.

I rarely watch it anymore due to their bs.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-14-2007, 10:05 AM
I just saw this on MSNBC. Fox is being sued of it's preferential coverage of Guilani. Sorry I wasn't more awake, I just caught the last part. This could be big.

yay! finally.

We should all file lawsuits INDIVIDUALLY at the same time :) how bout' it?? The scientologists have done this to bankrupt organizations in the past

Cowlesy
11-14-2007, 10:06 AM
Good.

I used to watch Fox News before I went to work, after I came home from work, and before I went to bed.

Amen. Same here --- rarely ever have it on anymore, unless I click through and see Julie Banderas

jake
11-14-2007, 10:07 AM
sued by..?

Mark Rushmore
11-14-2007, 10:09 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2007/11/14/2007-11-14_judith_regan_i_was_smeared_to_save_rudy_-2.html

edit. my comment was how I remember hearing it on the news, but I might as well let the articles explain it directly, don't want to spread tinged info

foofighter20x
11-14-2007, 10:09 AM
Why aren't any of us complaining to the FEC?

Couldn't that kind of preferential news coverage be construed as corporate contributions/sponsorship?

Mark Rushmore
11-14-2007, 10:10 AM
sued by..?

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2007/11/14/2007-11-14_judith_regan_i_was_smeared_to_save_rudy_-2.html

JosephTheLibertarian
11-14-2007, 10:10 AM
as I recall hearing the story orders were given from the top down to suppress news that might hurt Giuliani's image

thats' not OK to do. This is no free market, so I don't care what people say. Corporations and free markets don't mix. Supply-sider Giuliani can go fuck himself

Mark Rushmore
11-14-2007, 10:12 AM
thats' not OK to do. This is no free market, so I don't care what people say. Corporations and free markets don't mix. Supply-sider Giuliani can go fuck himself

that is how I heard it presented on the news, I shouldn't really have said it that way since I have no evidence to speak of

Ozwest

Couldn't that kind of preferential news coverage be construed as corporate contributions/sponsorship?

YES!!!

JMO
I could be mistaken but i believe the starter of this thread is wrong. Regan is suing Rupert Murdoch for defamation. she had a relationship with Karik and she claims Murdock did a preemptive strike to discredit her for information she knew about him. she claims Murdock did it to protect Giuliani presidential aspirations.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/1113072regan1.html

JosephTheLibertarian
11-14-2007, 10:13 AM
that is how I heard it presented on the news, I shouldn't really have said it that way since I have no evidence to speak of

oh. I am glad this is happening. CORPORATIONS ARE NOT NATURAL ELEMENTS OF A FREE MARKET, so why should we treat them as such?

yongrel
11-14-2007, 10:27 AM
From what I understood of the article, this seems like a very silly, and highly frivolous lawsuit.

To my eyes, it doesn't seem to be about Fox's bias, so much as it's about Regan being pissed that she got fired. The connection to Kerik is interesting, however I doubt this suit will have any real effect on Fox's journalism practices.

LibertyOfOne
11-14-2007, 10:36 AM
yay! finally.

We should all file lawsuits INDIVIDUALLY at the same time :) how bout' it?? The scientologists have done this to bankrupt organizations in the past

YAY!! For government force against one's free speech and property rights!!! It's the libertarian thing to do!!:p

Mattsa
11-14-2007, 10:40 AM
Good.

Why oh why do Americans watch Fox News?

It ain't news
It ain'fair
It ain't balanced
It's owned by CFR shill Rupert Murdoch

Do yourselves a favour

Don't watch Fox news!

Cindy
11-14-2007, 10:59 AM

Yes it could! That is a strict FEC violation. What's the worst that can happen to Giuliiani for it though?

JosephTheLibertarian
11-14-2007, 11:08 AM
YAY!! For government force against one's free speech and property rights!!! It's the libertarian thing to do!!:p

Shut up. You're a moron that probably thinks corporate entities are perfectly fine. Maybe you should try understanding the differences before you open your dumb trap? And it is quite libertarian to sue people, who said it wasn't? Dimwit. Or would you prefer "jackhole" ?

corporation: a business firm whose articles of incorporation have been approved in some state

An instrument of government deserves free speech rights?

People like you give the free market a bad name.

Corporations are unelected bodies with an internal hierarchy; their purpose is to exert control over the social and economic life of their respective areas.

Seth M.
11-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Wouldnt it just be judyanni's Houston based Law firm that would defend Fox (murdock) anyway? Is it really any wonder why he gets the coverage? Roger Ailes and Rudy are best friends

Kregener
11-14-2007, 11:26 AM
Faux Snooze works for the power elite.

My guess is this "suit" will be thrown out.

LinearChaos
11-14-2007, 11:47 AM
To my eyes, it doesn't seem to be about Fox's bias, so much as it's about Regan being pissed that she got fired. The connection to Kerik is interesting, however I doubt this suit will have any real effect on Fox's journalism practices.
It is important because it involves Bernard Kerik, who recently indicted for fraud, conspiracy, and lying to the White House. Kerik is going to end up sealing Scoop and Dump's coffin.

That is why it is so important, it is connected to the guy that Ghouls recommended for the head of the Dept. of Homeland Security.... and also happens to be Ghoul's former police commissioner and person friend.

LibertyOfOne
11-14-2007, 12:25 PM
Shut up. You're a moron that probably thinks corporate entities are perfectly fine. Maybe you should try understanding the differences before you open your dumb trap? And it is quite libertarian to sue people, who said it wasn't? Dimwit. Or would you prefer "jackhole" ?

corporation: a business firm whose articles of incorporation have been approved in some state

An instrument of government deserves free speech rights?

People like you give the free market a bad name.

Corporations are unelected bodies with an internal hierarchy; their purpose is to exert control over the social and economic life of their respective areas.

I was being facetious...

werdd
11-14-2007, 12:27 PM
Its a 100m dollar lawsuit, and with a liberal judge and a few liberal jurymen, reagan could win this one.

Patriot
11-14-2007, 12:59 PM
"Lie to Protect Giuliani"

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/14/business/14regan.html?ex=1195707600&en=6173bfb492d08cb6&ei=5065&partner=MYWAY

r3volution
11-14-2007, 03:19 PM
http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&brand=msnbc&tab=m5&rf=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19599749/&fg=&from=00&vid=0d7ca440-c4e8-4303-af75-3ed59710d962&playlist=videoByTag:mk:us:vs:0:tag:Source_Abrams_R eport:ns:MSNVideo_Top_Cat:ps:10:sd:-1:ind:1:ff:8A