PDA

View Full Version : ATTN Redditors: There is an R3VOLUTION activist subreddit launching, and you're invited!

rightcoast
03-23-2012, 07:54 AM
The list of liberty candidates thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?365683-List-of-Liberty-minded-Candidates-for-US-Congress/) here at RPF got me brainstorming. I've created a R3VOLUTION subreddit and brought on some of the well known mods of other liberty and republican subreddits as a mod team. All Paul supporters, of course. I moderate both the republican and libertarian subreddits, and between the mod team as a whole who are the conservative, ronpaul, and other subreddit mods, we have around 100k subscribers.

There will be local candidate moneybombs cross promoted in our subreddits, and all manner of grassroots assistance available for local candidates (like AMA threads, a focus on a candidate of the week, and things of that nature). We plan on cross-promoting across our subreddits, and will do a "launch" in /r/libertarian, /r/ronpaul, /r/republican, /r/conservative, /r/randpaul, /r/justinamash and other subreddits simultaneously on Monday morning. Why the announcement here today you ask?

Well, redditors reading know one of the first things people do when visiting a subreddit they haven't seen is look at the subscriber number, and the content, and decide whether they want to subscribe. We are going to work over the weekend to have some content there (aside from the candidate lists and FAQ and things we've already done). What we need from you here is for you to subscribe to the subreddit, so we can get at least 20 or so people subbed before we even launch. After launch, we hope to start getting into the hundreds and thousands of subscribers, of course, but for now we need *you* crossover readers of reddit and RPF to sub in the meantime, as a sort of hand up for when we do the big launch on Monday.

Subscribe, add to the local candidates thread if you want to, but please don't crosspost into other subreddits yet. Hopefully, we can work to bring a lot of redditors who never come to RPF into our fold here, via a subreddit that is accessible to them. Here is the subreddit, and thanks for you assistance in what should become a rather large project:

http://reddit.com/r/R3VOLUTION

BuddyRey
03-23-2012, 07:58 AM
I've never even used Reddit before, but here goes nothin'...

Jeremy
03-23-2012, 08:04 AM
Here's a new one someone created: /r/thomasmassie

odamn
03-23-2012, 08:05 AM
Can anyone post the link to the Ron Paul site, that has all the current Ron Paul News ect, that was promoted here a couple weeks ago?

(i had a cpu meltdown and lost all my links, and data)
Thanks in advance ...

rightcoast
03-23-2012, 08:05 AM

Nice! I didn't know that one existed yet. I'll reach out to the mod (hondaaccords) there and bring him or her into the fold.

rightcoast
03-23-2012, 10:11 AM

Jeremy, are you the creator of /r/thomasmassie? Username Hondaaccords at reddit?

Jeremy
03-23-2012, 10:17 AM
Jeremy, are you the creator of /r/thomasmassie? Username Hondaaccords at reddit?

No. I just found the subreddit the other day. Don't know who created it.

rightcoast
03-23-2012, 11:04 AM
No. I just found the subreddit the other day. Don't know who created it.

Ah, well I wish it had been one of us who created it. That person seems really fond of calling people homophobic names and slurs. What a shame. Reading some of their comments, they are relatively well informed, for sure ... they just aren't thinking through the using of slurs.

I'll link to the subreddit, for now, but I can't add them to the mod team or anything.

Anyway, hopefully people subscribe to the subreddit. I was hoping there would be more interest from here. I know there is a solid amount of crossover users, and this is a really good chance with all these mods and subreddits working under one umbrella for a change.

rightcoast
03-24-2012, 12:33 PM
We'll be cross-promoting and doing a reddit-wide launch Monday morning at about 9 am. We could still use a few more subscribers to pad that number prior to launch, as I mentioned in the first comment I made. Thanks again RPF! I think we can accomplish something really great here, and bring in a new group of activists who just don't frequent this forum as much as we do.

PolicyReader
03-24-2012, 07:26 PM
bump for exposure

WeThePeople777
03-24-2012, 07:44 PM
I joined :)

GeorgiaAvenger
03-24-2012, 07:53 PM
I semi-understand reddit

GeorgiaAvenger
03-24-2012, 07:58 PM
Is this up on the DailyPaul yet?

GeorgiaAvenger
03-25-2012, 05:05 PM
bump

rightcoast
03-26-2012, 03:11 PM
We launched today. 300 subscribers and growing, up from 15 this morning. Check the link in the sig, and subscribe if you are a redditor. We'll be reaching a whole new activist base!

GeorgiaAvenger
03-26-2012, 03:19 PM
bump

GeorgiaAvenger
03-26-2012, 07:53 PM
bump

GeorgiaAvenger
03-26-2012, 08:10 PM
bump

rightcoast
03-28-2012, 03:05 PM
Just to update everyone, this was successful beyond what I thought it would be in just a couple of days. We already have over 550 subscribers, and have accomplished a *lot* already. From having a mini money bomb for Patrick Kelly and organizing his positions into easy to read table form (http://www.reddit.com/r/tabled/comments/rfhu8/), to getting a blog up and running for a Colorado senate candidate, and a quite a few things in between.

Also, I'm proud to say, by basing the liberty candidate list off of the one here, the one I saw at Daily Paul, the ones at places like liberty-candidates.org, and elsewhere ... I think we have the most complete list of liberty candidates online at this point (national), and are now working on an even larger list of local and state candidates that will be a very useful voting guide. It's already got state senators, secretary of state candidates, heck ... even county commissioners. It's going to swell well into the hundreds, all organized by state and locale, by the time we are done.

Any redditors interested should subscribe at the subreddit in my sig. It's really taking off and becoming a new hub for grassroots activism. There is a grassroots activism AMA (Q&A) with Patrick Kelly on Friday, and a letters to the editor campaign building, and our candidate of the week for next week will be Evan Feinberg (R) PA-18, whose primary will be on April 24th.

GeorgiaAvenger
03-28-2012, 06:13 PM
bump

TruckinMike
03-28-2012, 06:42 PM
In this thread (http://www.reddit.com/r/R3VOLUTION/comments/rft23/list_of_national_liberty_candidates/) make a note that Sheriff Mack is running against --- Lamar "I smiled when I voted for NDAA" Smith.

TMike