PDA

View Full Version : FBI secretly redirected the web traffic of SurvivalBlog’s visitors and tracked them

Agorism
03-22-2012, 09:47 PM
http://survivalblog.com/2012/03/important-message-from-jwr-the-fbis-cookie-caper-and-the-vpn-imperative.html

It has come to my attention that from August of 2011 to November of 2011, the FBI secretly redirected the web traffic of more than 10% of SurvivalBlog’s US visitors through CJIS, their sprawling data center situated on 900 acres, 10 miles from Clarksburg, West Virginia. There, the Feebees surreptitiously collected the IP addresses of my site visitors. In all, 4,906 of 35,494 selected connections ended up going to or through the FBI servers. (Note that this happened several months before we moved our primary server to Sweden.) Furthermore, we discovered that the FBI attached a long-lived cookie that allowed them to track the sites that readers subsequently visited. I suspect that the FBI has done the same to hundreds of other web sites. I find this situation totally abhorrent, and contrary to the letter of 4th Amendment as well as the intent of our Founding Fathers.

I recognize that I am making this announcement at the risk of losing some readers. So be it. But I felt compelled to tell my readers immediately, because it was the honorable and forthright course of action.

Lishy
03-22-2012, 09:49 PM
So.. Why the heck would the FBI be worrying about "crazy Doomsday preparers"? I hope this wont happen to RPF though.

Someday, not today, people are gonna give the FEDs a taste of their own medicine.

Agorism
03-22-2012, 09:52 PM
So.. Why the heck would the FBI be worrying about "crazy Doomsday preparers"? I hope this wont happen to RPF though.

Someday, not today, people are gonna give the FEDs a taste of their own medicine.

Well don't click the link I posted because then you might get tracked I guess.

Ronulus
03-22-2012, 09:53 PM
They know the collapse is coming. They want to know where to go to get supplies when they run out.

specsaregood
03-22-2012, 09:54 PM
bold claims there, did i miss where he linked to the evidence?

thoughtomator
03-22-2012, 09:54 PM
just post the link to Twitter with the caption "Naked Beyonce pictures just leaked!" and that will end the usefulness of the IP log

Lishy
03-22-2012, 09:55 PM
I mean, seriously though.. They should NOT be getting away with this! I don't care about their excuse!

(Out of curiosity though, think SuperAntiSpyware or something similar would remove it? Lol)

Ronulus
03-22-2012, 09:58 PM
I mean, seriously though.. They should NOT be getting away with this! I don't care about their excuse!

(Out of curiosity though, think SuperAntiSpyware or something similar would remove it? Lol)

Probably not, you can clear your cookies though. I would use CCleaner. You will then however have to re-enter all your passwords/usernames on sites you have them remembered on. It's a good idea to wipe your cookies every now and then, probably twice a month. Not just the feds but any site you visit can and some do put tracking cookies on your machine. Some of them are just used to see what you navigate on their site and then deleted, others...... a little more invasive.

fr33
03-22-2012, 10:58 PM
He should have posted proof of it in that blog post.

american.swan
03-22-2012, 11:13 PM
just post the link to Twitter with the caption "Naked Beyonce pictures just leaked!" and that will end the usefulness of the IP log

LOL I almost coughed up my milk. THAT's SO HILARIOUS because it's so true.

Czolgosz
03-22-2012, 11:24 PM
I clicked the link. FUFBI.

craezie
03-22-2012, 11:25 PM
wow. I wonder if they have tracked Ron Paul sites. After all, those "crazy doomsday preppers" seem pretty harmless (except the ones that stockpile weapons and form militias I guess). On the other hand, they have SAID that Ron Paul people might be terrorists.

specsaregood
03-22-2012, 11:33 PM
He should have posted proof of it in that blog post.

yup, its bullshit nonsense without proof.

onlyrp
03-22-2012, 11:37 PM
bold claims there, did i miss where he linked to the evidence?

evidence and conspiracy theories don't mix.

youngbuck
03-23-2012, 12:02 AM
Yea, I'd like to see some evidence. If true, the FBI's actions are quite disturbing.

Lishy
03-23-2012, 02:26 AM
The Pirate Party of Canada is investigating apparently, I can confirm! :)

KingNothing
03-23-2012, 05:50 AM

A gang of our more conspiracy minded posters is no doubt going to neg-rep you for that comment. They're just fine with half-truths and rumor. Who needs evidence?

Julie Balog Herbert
03-23-2012, 09:53 AM
personally, I know all this trolling stuff is annoying, ... and scary....however the God I serve knows the number of hairs on my head and His love is real and forever. He told me not to worry, He has overcome this world.

He went to prepare a place for me and all those who believe He was raised from the dead.

Love you all, and hope your Easter is one of power, might and truth., Not much left on this planet, but He will change that when His return comes, which is a promise, and He isnt a man that He should lie.

We will be okay if we are living right and thinking right. Only those who enjoy evil and wickedness should be anxious, frustrated and worried. Their eternity is sealed.

Liberty is for those who know truth.

AGRP
03-23-2012, 10:02 AM

This lol

pcosmar
03-23-2012, 10:04 AM

With evidence it is no longer a theory.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2010/07/exclusive-google-cia/

specsaregood
03-23-2012, 10:10 AM
With evidence it is no longer a theory.
http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2010/07/exclusive-google-cia/

You would agree though, that if this site has actual evidence and proof of these claims (like they claim they do) there is hardly a good reason for them not releasing it and including it in the post, right?

WilliamC
03-23-2012, 10:12 AM
When I used to post in usenet political forums back in the late 90's early 00's I did so under my full name.

There never has been any real privacy on the internet unless you're savvy and paranoid enough to use anonymous IP addresses, strong encryption, and re-routers every time you browse or post online, and the vast majority of folks are not.

It's one thing to protect yourself from random hackers and identity theft but from the Fed Gov?

Who are you trying to kid?

speciallyblend
03-23-2012, 10:13 AM
flood the fbi with frothy links!

pcosmar
03-23-2012, 10:18 AM
You would agree though, that if this site has actual evidence and proof of these claims (like they claim they do) there is hardly a good reason for them not releasing it and including it in the post, right?

I did not read that particular story.. I have been tracking this shit for several years.

Everything done online is being tracked. Period.

I show them my middle finger as often as possible and have made clear the area of my anatomy they can kiss.

You might as well accept it as fact,, Big Brother IS watching you.

specsaregood
03-23-2012, 10:42 AM
./

Cosakaz
03-23-2012, 10:53 AM
Hah, and here I sit reading this 10 minutes away from CJIS. Having a facility so close to home has made me rather unsettled, but until now I had never known of any projects they did aside from fingerprinting databases.

pcosmar
03-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Hah, and here I sit reading this 10 minutes away from CJIS. Having a facility so close to home has made me rather unsettled, but until now I had never known of any projects they did aside from fingerprinting databases.

The safest place to rob is the one closest to the police station.

;)
:p

oyarde
03-24-2012, 11:47 PM
just post the link to Twitter with the caption "Naked Beyonce pictures just leaked!" and that will end the usefulness of the IP log That is exactly what he should of done , maybe , Virginia State Revenue as well.

oyarde
03-24-2012, 11:52 PM
When I used to post in usenet political forums back in the late 90's early 00's I did so under my full name.

There never has been any real privacy on the internet unless you're savvy and paranoid enough to use anonymous IP addresses, strong encryption, and re-routers every time you browse or post online, and the vast majority of folks are not.

It's one thing to protect yourself from random hackers and identity theft but from the Fed Gov?

Who are you trying to kid? Just use someone elses IP ;)

oyarde
03-24-2012, 11:57 PM
Right, but the blog is claiming that traffic to the site is actually being rerouted to fbi servers first. That's a bold claim, if they have evidence they should release so other sites can see if it is happening to them. It actually , does sound exactly what they would do , then , they would have informants make contact and build personal telationships and start snitching and then leading them into something to be arrested for ...