PDA

View Full Version : Need help with wording on a request to my neighbors to get active for Ron Paul

nf7mate
03-22-2012, 06:34 PM
I have about 500 slimjims/brochures that I will be using to canvass my neighborhood and surrounding areas. I will give them out in person, leave them on front doors, in car windshields, etc. My goals are to win over new voters to Paul and also to identify extant Ron Paul supporters and keep in touch with them to make sure they go to their precinct, senate district/county conventions and attempt to become delegates to the state convention (or at least vote for known Paul delegates).

My plan is to affix 2” x 4” stickers on the slimjims/brochures with the email address I just set up, Arlington4RonPaul@gmail.com, and encourage people to contact me at that email address. This way I can develop a list of positively identified Ron Paul supporters in my immediate area. These are people that I can help register to vote, give rides to if needed, and encourage to do canvassing of their own.

I need help with a statement to place on the sticker that will go on the slimjims/brochures. I have room enough for three lines of large font text, which includes the email address as one line. I want it to be simple and eye-catching. I am not creative but I know many here are. Please help me out. Here are my ideas so far:

Support Ron Paul? Contact us!
Arlington4RonPaul@gmail.com
Precinct conventions begin April 3

Be a part of the revolution!

Support Ron Paul? Join the team!
Let’s win Arlington for Ron Paul!

Become a delegate - It's easy!

Please let me know which of these you think will give me a decent response rate. Or if you can think of something better, please let me know.

sailingaway
03-22-2012, 06:37 PM
I understand your Senate unanimously but for one vote voted to exempt VA from NDAA. I'd put something about Ron's position, or 'Romney would have signed NDAA, Ron Paul would have vetoed it' in something.

but given your space limits I like your first and fourth. and this:

'Stand with Ron Paul - he stands for you'

jbauer
03-22-2012, 06:52 PM
why not:

Polls best against Obama
Join us: email@gmail
Save our country!!!

jbauer
03-22-2012, 06:55 PM
might also mention something about youtube,

maybe youtube "ron paul what if"

You're probably not going to win voters over by stuffing something on their windsheild or door, but if you give them something to go back and look at you might have a better chance of unplugging them.

I know youtube was something I looked at when doing my research

Drex
03-22-2012, 07:28 PM
Love all your hard work! +rep!!

nf7mate
03-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Thanks to all.

After reading all the comments, I decided to go with the version that mentions the April 3 date. I thought that version was best because it creates some level of urgency to send an email now rather than later.

Thanks again!!