PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on iOS app: GOP Unbound

Hendrik
03-22-2012, 05:30 PM
Check our brand new [free!] iPhone and iPod touch app GOP Unbound (http://bit.ly/gopunbound) on the App Store! We analyze well over 150,000 tweets a day and carve a quite well delegates forecast out of it.

The results are truly stable and we think this is an excellent indicator for the Republican Party unbound delegate vote in an open convention, August 27-30 in Tampa. Some say, well, Ron Paul is the 'internet choice anyway'....

... No he's not as you could think: Starting our app you'll see actually he's 3rd (although had some fairly good past 3 days...). Opposite, there is quite an amount of mass media echo paying out for Romney and Santorum, currently. So the Paulite net savvy just equal out the mass media buzzed. With Gingrich having less internet support but a fairly good media presence, it's interesting that he is just 4th in our current ranking. It demonstrates that our premises are not too bad.

So bottomline, our numbers should be very very accurate. Way more realistic than the official count, which for instance currently broadcasts 60 for Ron Paul, which is absolutely bogus regarding Paul's well-going caucus delegate strategy.

One last thing: We're not making this up! All candidates are treated equally by our analysis, as in our screenshots you see Paul only 4th. We see this as kind of an experiment and we're doing it proper. Next week we'll add charts to it so you'll get intraday and longer frames. Further it's already got Twitter support so that you can send our delegate forecasts out to the world. Next week also Facebook support for doing some more spin doctoring.

I'd assume that a rising Ron Paul forecast could spin some momentum especially if the app gets some momentum, so you guys spread the word! It's free, so I'm not making money out of it but probably it can clear some dust there is currently over this 4 horse race.

And most important: our delegate forecast is for an OPEN CONVENTION, when the delegates get unbound in their vote after first ballot.

Thanks and now download and spread the word - to other forums, FB, Twitter, blogs and wherever !
GOP Unbound (http://bit.ly/gopunbound)

evandeck
03-22-2012, 07:28 PM
I just downloaded this app and its very nice! Only thing I would change is the Election dates. All of them are shown a day before the actual election. For example, Louisiana is shown for March 23 but it's actually March 24. Besides that, nice job!

Hendrik
03-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Thanks for your help and of course thanks for downloading, @evandeck. This is highly appreciated!

kill the banks
03-23-2012, 01:32 PM
just got it and many thx!

Hendrik
03-25-2012, 06:32 AM
Please spread this QR Code for helping to deliver the message that Ron Paul indeed will have a significant stake in the coming brokered convention.
Thank you!

http://bit.ly/gopunbound.qrcode

evandeck
03-25-2012, 05:46 PM
What day will the update with the charts be out?

Hendrik
03-25-2012, 06:12 PM
First, thanks for the positive rating, Evan !

I'm currently working on the charts section which will be finished end of coming week. Then, it will take another 7 days for Apple to approve the update :(
...I'll be posting screenshots meanwhile this version sleeps in Cupertino.

Currently waiting for approval is version 1.1, available prob Wednesday evening. It will have:
A) a teamup mode allowing you to play through possible team up of two contenders
B) facebook support, so you'll not be limited to Twitter

btw, to all users: keep twittering directly from the app and send the truth message out to everyone else out there.

evandeck
03-25-2012, 07:07 PM
First, thanks for the positive rating, Evan !

I'm currently working on the charts section which will be finished end of coming week. Then, it will take another 7 days for Apple to approve the update :(
...I'll be posting screenshots meanwhile this version sleeps in Cupertino.

Currently waiting for approval is version 1.1, available prob Wednesday evening. It will have:
A) a teamup mode allowing you to play through possible team up of two contenders
B) facebook support, so you'll not be limited to Twitter

btw, to all users: keep twittering directly from the app and send the truth message out to everyone else out there.

So expect to see charts in 1.2?

Hendrik
03-26-2012, 12:05 AM
So expect to see charts in 1.2?

Definitely yes.

fr33
03-26-2012, 12:06 AM
I downloaded it. Thanks.

Hendrik
03-26-2012, 12:14 PM
De nada. Would be great if all of you downloaders could give it a rating (preferred 5 star :roll eyes:), that would really be wonderful.

And of course, proposals for additional features and fixes (language?) are also highly welcome.
e.g.: I'm starting to think about a forecast calculation to assess the won (by delegates) states, if you consider that ominous 5-states-won GOP convention rule.

But: we need more users! I think the past 6-day Ron Paul surge in forecasts was awesome. RP really has rebounded which I think still hasn't reached his fans and this forum. In my opinion the mood here is somewhat down...

Hendrik
03-26-2012, 11:48 PM
I don't know but I'll have to do something this week. Yesterday 15 downloads for a free app is just shit and not worth the efforts. Either I quit distribution and I'll keep the forecast for my private intrade deals or I'll raise the price to 5 bucks. Having no downloads at 5$ certainly feels better than having no downloads at free. Probably public is rating cheap whats free, so I'll not go further with this model while nobody is pushing it.

To me it seems the public is doing well with MSM delegate counts so I'll pull the plug end of week.

fr33
03-26-2012, 11:56 PM
I don't know but I'll have to do something this week. Yesterday 15 downloads for a free app is just shit and not worth the efforts. Either I quit distribution and I'll keep the forecast for my private intrade deals or I'll raise the price to 5 bucks. Having no downloads at 5$ certainly feels better than having no downloads at free. Probably public is rating cheap whats free, so I'll not go further with this model while nobody is pushing it.

To me it seems the public is doing well with MSM delegate counts so I'll pull the plug end of week.Is this the first time you've realized what sheep the people are? :D

It doesn't surprise me that a delegate count app isn't that popular. There's fictional birds to catapult ya know? :D

fr33
03-26-2012, 11:59 PM
Also if you're disappointed with Paul supporters not downloading the app, it's because we are naturally skeptical that you are working for the enemy. I wouldn't know if you were but I'll read what your app says regardless.

Hendrik
03-27-2012, 12:03 AM
Hi fr33

...truly... Not surprised too much bout the sheeple. Seems I should make it up more fictional and declare RP the nominee right away and take 10 bucks for that message. Wouldn't surprise me if that would become a home run.

Hendrik
03-27-2012, 12:08 AM
If 440 delegates the final projection is enemies message then yes. My personal impression is that this should be encouraging. And again: this number is not made up as I don't wanna cheat myself. I always had and still have the feeling that RP has a real chance this year. And I wanted to prove it, first to myself, then to everyone else.

fr33
03-27-2012, 12:18 AM
Oh I agree your delegate count is more positive for us than most mainstream media counts are. I suspect there is probably an insider group with contacts in the campaign that has a good count on delegates but feels revealing it might inspire more neocons to show up to the local conventions so they don't really want the real count to be publicly known. That might be another obstacle for ya.

The campaign made known publicly their delegate strategy after super tuesday because there was so much disgust among the grassroots about the straw-poll results.

mmadness
03-27-2012, 12:28 AM

To me it seems the public is doing well with MSM delegate counts so I'll pull the plug end of week.

Why aren't you posting this in Grassroots Central? I only saw it because it came up in Recent Forum Discussions on the home page.

Hendrik
03-28-2012, 02:55 PM
update version 1.1 available on App Store:

1) Teamup mode: see combined delegate forecast of 2 candidates
2) Now Facebook support: post to your wall
3) the weird bug with strange numbers after initial data load is out