PDA

View Full Version : A call to arms in Connecticut - vehicle RFID tags

Sematary
03-22-2012, 03:02 PM
From Campaign for Liberty, Ct.
Do you want to be forced to put a tracking device on your car so the state can see where you are?

On March 14, the General Assembly Joint Transportation Committee voted unanimously to advance SB 288, an act requiring a study into the feasibility of placing Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID) tracking devices on your vehicle.

Vehicles outfitted with RFID tracking devices could potentially be monitored at all times. From the moment you leave your garage in the morning until you return, Big Brother can track your location.

Government officials say tracking your location is not the reason why they want to spend millions of dollars outfitting your car with its own customized RFID tracking device.

They say want to use the RFID tracking devices to fine those “dangerous” criminals who do not renew their registration, keep insurance up-to-date, or submit to an emissions inspection on time.

You see, the state will see a massive increase in fines it collects off of these “criminals”. Currently they collect an average of $594,000 every 3 years from these violations.

With the RFID tracking devices, it is projected that they will increase their loot to over $29 million per year.

If you agree that the loss of your right to privacy is a small price to pay for more money in government fines then you don’t have to do anything.

But if you are outraged that your legislators would even think of putting a tracking tag on your car, then you need to act now!

Contact your state Senator and Representative today and tell them to vote NO on SB 288. Tell them they should not be studying ways to violate your privacy and steal your wealth.

Click here to find your state legislators.

SB 288 is merely the first step down the road to a total surveillance state. Take action today to protect the fruits of your labor and your right to privacy.

In Liberty,

Deb Wells
Interim State Coordinator
Connecticut Campaign For Liberty

I'm getting ahold of my state reps RIGHT NOW!

SCOTUSman
03-22-2012, 03:06 PM
Mods really need to start putting topics where they belong. Again nothing to do with the Ron Paul 2012 campaign.

moonshine5757
03-22-2012, 03:07 PM
holy crap! that is ridiculous. I'm in CT I better start calling.

CTRattlesnake
03-22-2012, 03:10 PM
holy crap! that is ridiculous. I'm in CT I better start calling.

Same.... I really hate the ct govt with a passion

Czolgosz
03-22-2012, 03:12 PM
A call to arm yourself with a telephone? Lmao.

I thought/hoped it was finally a real call to refresh the tree.

Ronulus
03-22-2012, 03:17 PM
Glad I got my wife out of there. Though she really thinks there is a chance we might move back...... hell no.

PolicyReader
03-22-2012, 03:20 PM
RFIDs are a mess on so many levels, if I lived in state there I'd be on the phone right now.

LibertyRevolution
03-22-2012, 03:46 PM
This state is one of the worst to live in...Crap like this will pass here.
Everyone around here is jumping on that new GPS gadget from the insurance company like its the best thing since sliced bread...
Its not hard to force people into things that they do willingly to save a few bucks on state mandated car insurance.

Only about 1 year to go, then I'm moving out this crappy state.

Sematary
03-23-2012, 05:46 AM
This state is one of the worst to live in...Crap like this will pass here.
Everyone around here is jumping on that new GPS gadget from the insurance company like its the best thing since sliced bread...
Its not hard to force people into things that they do willingly to save a few bucks on state mandated car insurance.

Only about 1 year to go, then I'm moving out this crappy state.

I won't be able to do it in a year but it's in my future. I'm thinking along a nice little pond in New Hampshire might be nice....

tod evans
03-23-2012, 05:52 AM
Boy-o-boy.......What a novel idea, increase government intervention to fund more government.

Who's really paying for this?

kathy88
03-23-2012, 06:23 AM
Mods really need to start putting topics where they belong. Again nothing to do with the Ron Paul 2012 campaign.

Mod bashing should really go in hot topics.

LostNFoundNTx
03-23-2012, 06:59 AM
The same thing can already be accomplished with traffic cameras and license plates.

Captain Shays
03-23-2012, 07:52 AM
Mod bashing should really go in hot topics.

ROFLMAO