PDA

View Full Version : Ben Swann covering the Killing of the 16 Afghan Civilians TONIGHT

Tyler_Durden
03-22-2012, 02:58 PM
He posted on Facebook:

Reality Check tonight at 10:00.. i will post here afterward. What is the U.S. Media and the Pentagon not telling you about the Afghanistan massacre of 16 people? Is the Ohio soldier taking the fall?

Video in link:

http://www.fox19.com/story/17235263/reality-check-did-soldier-charged-in-afghanistan-massacre-act-alone

Tyler_Durden
03-22-2012, 03:00 PM
I'm wondering if Ben's going into no mans land:

The latest news is that Sgt. Bales doesn't recall (not surprising to me) the incident at all. At the same time, the News is reporting how he was a con man who bilked people out of money before joining the military 10yrs ago. They are shaping public opinion to show this guy as a scum bag.

I believe Sgt. Bales is a fall guy. Simple as that. They couldn't publicize that a group of soldiers killed these civilians. Not after the damage control they were going through after the Koran burnings.....

It appears the Afghanis aren't buying the "one man shooting spree" story...

http://rt.com/news/massacre-kandahar-soldier-american-705/

Could there be a cover-up? Was it a lone solider or a group of drunken soldiers?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/11/us-afghanistan-civilians-idUSBRE82A02V20120311

If this is true, is urinating on dead bodies or burning dead bodies a new thing for some of these alleged war criminals? Their holy books were allegdly burnt accidentally, what is the official line for burning of dead bodies/urination?

Why would they burn bodies afterwards after getting drunk and killing civilains including children and women in house? In an incidence in Iraq in Mahmudiyah killings (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmudiyah_killings ) when some soldiers were convicted of going into a house after getting drunk, killing civilians including women and children and burning bodies afterwards were also accused of raping a 14 year old girl. There is abolutely no such accusation here, what were they trying to accomplish by burning bodies if they indeed did that?

One soldier could kill over a dozen and injure others, but it doesn't make sense how that one soldier could burn them too. I am apt to believe the eyewitness reports of a group of drunken soldiers. When I was in the Marines, we did some crazy shit when we were drunk......this is bad news.

Standard issue is 30 rounds per mag. One guy is certainly capable, but my gut tells me the witness accounts are accurate and the damage control being done now is to make it look like an isolated incident by one soldier. Or perhaps one soldier carried it out and others came along to torch the bodies. Either way, there's alot of unanswered questions. And yes, it's tragic.

The more I read into this, the more I smell a cover-up. This was not a one-man incident:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/11/world/asia/afghanistan-us-service-member/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

I'm telling you - the more I read into this, the more I smell a cover-up. This wasn't a one-man incident. This development of the official story stinks to hell. I'm starting to read articles that don't include the witness reports of multiple drunken and laughing soldiers.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/11/world/asia/afghanistan-us-service-member/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

how does a soldier walk off a secure base at 3am?

"...a U.S. service member stationed at a U.S. base in the southern Kandahar province walked off the base around 3 a.m. local time......"
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/03/11/us-offers-condolences-as-us-service-member-investigated-for-alleged-killing/

SCOTUSman
03-22-2012, 03:04 PM
why is this in grassroots central. The Afghan killings are not related to the Ron Paul campaign. Put this in general politics.

This has nothing to do with the campaign or the grassroots aspect.

TheGrinch
03-22-2012, 03:13 PM
why is this in grassroots central. The Afghan killings are not related to the Ron Paul campaign. Put this in general politics.

It has to do with supporting the man who is the only one speaking on behalf of Dr. Paul and us in the media, not to mention a good argument to remove ourselves before we do more harm than good over there. It is very related to this campaign and movement, when we're trying to overcome the foreign policy meme that neocons use against us, and also to support Ben Swann for supporting Dr paul and reporting on our personal incidences of fraud that no one else will (except occasionally Maddow to embolden her liberal audience against republicans, as if the dems are any less corrupt).

Be careful though Ben. There is a very fine line between investigative journalism that can be ignored by the higher-ups, and getting a little too far into the military;s business... Not saying he shouldn't be reporting on this, I'm very proud of that, but be careful Ben... There are far more than 7 dirty words when it comes to the media, depending on what order you put them in.

alucard13mmfmj
03-22-2012, 03:14 PM
The point is Ron Paul is the only one who wants to honestly get out of Afghanistan... which is now unpopular with even more people. Bring our troops home.

SCOTUSman
03-22-2012, 03:17 PM
It has to do with supporting the man who is the only one speaking on behalf of Dr. Paul and us in the media, not to mention a good argument to remove ourselves before we do more harm than good over there. It is very related to this campaign and movement, when we're trying to overcome the foreign policy meme that neocons use against us.

Be careful though Ben. There is a very fine line between investigative journalism that can be ignored by the higher-ups, and getting a little too far into the military;s business... Not saying he shouldn't be reporting on this, I'm very proud of that, but be careful Ben... There are far more than 7 dirty words when it comes to the media, depending on what order you put them in.

No it doesn't. This aspect has only to do with Ben Swann and the killings itself. Anybody then could argue anything to dwith war, civil liberties, etc is DIRECTLY related to the campaign. If you have this type of logic then the GRC forum would be destroyed and overran with these topics.

But if you are going to make this argument. I will start posting every story about false arrest, privacy issues, any war story in the middle east, iran, israel, drug arrests, taxes, etc. all in here.

Because they all are "very related to the campaign and movement."

There are other forums to discuss this. This is to discuss the CAMPAIGN itself. Not issues. Unless RP makes a statement or debates the issue or takes an interview question himself about it....then it needs to stay out of GRC.

TheGrinch
03-22-2012, 03:34 PM
No it doesn't. This aspect has only to do with Ben Swann and the killings itself. Anybody then could argue anything to dwith war, civil liberties, etc is DIRECTLY related to the campaign. If you have this type of logic then the GRC forum would be destroyed and overran with these topics.

But if you are going to make this argument. I will start posting every story about false arrest, privacy issues, any war story in the middle east, iran, israel, drug arrests, taxes, etc. all in here.

Because they all are "very related to the campaign and movement."

There are other forums to discuss this. This is to discuss the CAMPAIGN itself. Not issues. Unless RP makes a statement or debates the issue or takes an interview question himself about it....then it needs to stay out of GRC.
I'll let the mods decide that, not some member who's been here as short of a time as I have and seems to never add anything positive, but rather disruptive and insulting to other members. I can't help but think that negative ones like you have alterior motives in constantly derailing things worth the grassroots seeing and discussing...

But I'm pretty confident that they're happy to give maximum exposure to the 1 guy who's sticking up for Dr. Paul and the fraud going on in this campaign. So please don't bother responding, because I will not reply and let you derail the thread more. It is up to the mods to decide what belongs here. It is the site-owners property, so I suggest you PM the mods or them if you have a concern, rather than being disruptive here.

SCOTUSman
03-22-2012, 03:39 PM
I will do. NOt grassroots related. And you cannot stand logic. If I use your logic I will post literally ever false arrest story in the news. And you cannot have a problem with that because that is very relevant to the campaign.

That is your belief and you said so much. You cannot justify one story being allowed and not the other with your argument earlier.

NoOneButPaul
03-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Tred carefully here Ben...

Bilal Hussein was a Pulitzer Prize winning photographer who got put away on flimsy kidnapping charges for 2 years because of unfavorable photographs he took of the Iraq War.

Under the NDAA they could put him away for implying a coverup like this... not to mention his bosses are probably begging him to reconsider right now.

Tyler_Durden
03-22-2012, 04:41 PM

Perhaps you should nominate yourself to be a Mod. I put everything Ben Swann related in GRC and then let the mods decide whether to file it or leave it in place......

And -rep back at you, GRC Hall Monitor/Crossing Guard.

Salvial
03-22-2012, 04:46 PM
Real reporting takes real balls. Looking forward to the piece. If it wasn't for the frank media the Vietnam war would have been successfully dressed up just like this one.

PolicyReader
03-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Real reporting takes real balls.

True statement is true.

Tyler_Durden
03-22-2012, 09:29 PM
Video added to opening thread. :)

neverseen
03-22-2012, 09:38 PM
Ben is a patriot. Fear for his well being.

twofootzero
03-22-2012, 09:56 PM
Wow Ben Swann/Obamagate?

surf
03-22-2012, 10:06 PM
Ben is a patriot. Fear for his well being.he has a lot of friends now, and he's earned a "we got your back" message.

moderate libertarian
03-22-2012, 11:06 PM
Number of killed civilians has been changed to 17.

r3volution
03-23-2012, 11:38 AM
I will do. NOt grassroots related. And you cannot stand logic. If I use your logic I will post literally ever false arrest story in the news. And you cannot have a problem with that because that is very relevant to the campaign.

That is your belief and you said so much. You cannot justify one story being allowed and not the other with your argument earlier.

negative posts are negative .

BucksforPaul
03-24-2012, 09:08 AM
negative posts are negative .

This and I would like to add the obvious trolls will be trolls unless one believes there are no trolls.

moderate libertarian
03-27-2012, 06:26 PM
Confusion grows over alleged 17th Afghan victim

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/world/2012/03/26/mystery-grows-over-victim-afghan-massacre/OW7XMnZfAzRSxIN9hu1m3L/story.html

moderate libertarian
03-29-2012, 04:13 PM
March 28, 2012 at 10:53:40

Cover-up in Kandahar

By Joe Giambrone

"An Afghan elder who lives in Zangawat, a village near the base, said U.S. soldiers threatened residents with retaliation after an American vehicle hit a buried bomb three days before the shootings. " (LA Times)

The massacre of 17 civilians in Panjwai, Kandahar is in high cover-up mode here in the United States. Even the roadside bombing which cost the leg of an as-yet unidentified US service member cannot be "confirmed" by the US military:

"A spokesman for the U.S. military declined to give any information on the bombing or even confirm that it occurred, citing the investigation of the shootings. He also declined to comment on the allegation that U.S. troops threatened retaliation." (AP)

According to the massacre suspect, Sgt. Robert Bale's lawyer, a fellow US service member lost a leg in that attack. What happened next was predictable, and it foreshadowed the massacre that would follow:

U.S. soldiers "took people out of their houses and threatened them," Sayed Mohammad Azim Agha, the tribal elder, said in an interview. "They said, 'If there are IEDs, you will bear the consequences'..." (LA Times)

If so, then this is a premeditated act of terrorism as well as mass-murder.

US media have finally looked into the situation in Panjwai, and seem to have started asking the right questions. Unfortunately, the Associated Press seems to have updated its own story over at the San Francisco Gate and subsequently omitted a number of troubling sentences from its report. San Franciscans may now learn that:

"Residents of an Afghan village near where an American soldier is alleged to have killed 16 civilians are convinced that the slayings were in retaliation for a roadside bomb attack on U.S. forces in the same area a few days earlier." (SF Gate/AP)

Notice, it's now a matter of opinion, and that they are "convinced." This leaves wiggle room and turns it into a he-said/she-said story. However, the original AP story (Deb Riechmann) actually begins as follows:

"KANDAHAR, Afghanistan (AP) -- Several Afghans near the villages where an American soldier is alleged to have killed 16 civilians say U.S. troops lined them up against a wall after a roadside bombing and told them that they, and even their children, would pay a price for the attack."

Further quotes substantiate these US/NATO threats against women and children just days before the killing spree, all of which are now deleted from the current SF Gate "Associated Press" version of this article. In Winston Smith 1984 fashion, all of this evidence is now tossed down the memory hole:

One Mokhoyan resident, Ahmad Shah Khan, told The Associated Press that after the bombing, U.S. soldiers and their Afghan army counterparts arrived in his village and made many of the male villagers stand against a wall.

"It looked like they were going to shoot us, and I was very afraid," Khan said. "Then a NATO soldier said through his translator that even our children will pay for this. Now they have done it and taken their revenge."

Neighbors of Khan gave similar accounts to the AP, and several Afghan officials, including Kandahar lawmaker Abdul Rahim Ayubi, said people in the two villages that were attacked told them the same story.

...Ghulam Rasool, a tribal elder from Panjwai district of Kandahar province, where the shootings occurred, gave an account of the bombing at a March 16 meeting in Kabul with President Hamid Karzai.

"After the incident, [the Americans] took the wreckage of their destroyed tank and their wounded people from the area," Rasool said. "After that, they came back to the village nearby the explosion site.

Full article here:

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Cover-up-in-Kandahar-by-Joe-Giambrone-120327-953.html