PDA

View Full Version : French bread spiked with LSD in CIA experiment

Anti Federalist
03-22-2012, 01:40 PM
There are some more stories like this bubbling up.

I'm pretty sure this has been posted before, but as a refresher for those who know and for those that don't know, or deny that such things ever happened, enjoy.

French bread spiked with LSD in CIA experiment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/7415082/French-bread-spiked-with-LSD-in-CIA-experiment.html

In 1951, a quiet, picturesque village in southern France was suddenly and mysteriously struck down with mass insanity and hallucinations. At least five people died, dozens were interned in asylums and hundreds afflicted.

For decades it was assumed that the local bread had been unwittingly poisoned with a psychedelic mould. Now, however, an American investigative journalist has uncovered evidence suggesting the CIA peppered local food with the hallucinogenic drug LSD as part of a mind control experiment at the height of the Cold War.

The mystery of Le Pain Maudit (Cursed Bread) still haunts the inhabitants of Pont-Saint-Esprit, in the Gard, southeast France.

On August 16, 1951, the inhabitants were suddenly racked with frightful hallucinations of terrifying beasts and fire.

However, H P Albarelli Jr., an investigative journalist, claims the outbreak resulted from a covert experiment directed by the CIA and the US Army's top-secret Special Operations Division (SOD) at Fort Detrick, Maryland.

(The same place the anthrax came from in October 2001 - AF)

Schiff_FTW
03-22-2012, 01:44 PM
LSD has massive untapped potential. I have two mildly autistic friends both of whom claim to have been helped a lot by it.

PatriotOne
03-22-2012, 01:51 PM
This is new to me. Sounds like an interesting case. How can a drug cause the same mass hallucinations though? (the inhabitants were suddenly racked with frightful hallucinations of terrifying beasts and fire )

Confused by that.

phill4paul
03-22-2012, 01:51 PM
LSD has massive untapped potential. I have two mildly autistic friends both of whom claim to have been helped a lot by it.

Also good for the treatment of alcoholism.....

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2012/03/09/could-lsd-treat-alcoholism/

“Given the evidence for a beneficial effect of LSD on alcoholism, it is puzzling why this treatment approach has been largely overlooked,” Krebs and Johansen wrote.
They added that other studies found that the psychedelic effects of other substances, such as mescaline, psilocybin (found in magic mushrooms) and ayahuasca were “highly valued and beneficial,” and indigenous groups have claimed that ayahuasca and peyote helped them stay sober.
But they acknowledged that criticism of the previous studies’ reliability and the turbulent history of the infamous drug may also have made it difficult to get approval for clinical trials, which could explain why LSD had never made it to the mainstream as a treatment for alcoholism.

thoughtomator
03-22-2012, 01:55 PM
This is new to me. Sounds like an interesting case. How can a drug cause the same mass hallucinations though? Confused by that.

probably one person freaked out and fear spread easily because no one knew what was going on

PatriotOne
03-22-2012, 01:57 PM
Also good for the treatment of alcoholism.....

I knew someone who cured their alcoholism with heroin. I wouldn't reccomend that :p

PatriotOne
03-22-2012, 02:00 PM
probably one person freaked out and fear spread easily because no one knew what was going on

Hmmmmm. Interesting thought. If it was a CIA experiment though, perhaps that (beasts and fire) was spread intentionally as part of the experiment.

thoughtomator
03-22-2012, 02:18 PM
Could just as easily have come out of someone's imagination, I've seen some people react very poorly to LSD. Demonic themes come easily to a highly conflicted subconscious.

Lafayette
03-22-2012, 02:24 PM
Where can one acquire this "CIA Bread"? I think i would like to try it :D

PatriotOne
03-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Could just as easily have come out of someone's imagination, I've seen some people react very poorly to LSD. Demonic themes come easily to a highly conflicted subconscious.

Now that I am thinking about it, out of somewhere between 15-20 lsd trips I took when I was in high school, one of them did include me looking into a mirror and transforming into a hideous, demonic looking creature. It was very brief, but it scared the crap out of me.

Acala
03-22-2012, 03:06 PM
If it killed people, it wasn't LSD. It is virtually impossible to overdose on LSD in a biological sense. Also, the reference to the drug being "diethylamide" doesn't make any sense. It is the lysergic acid part of the molecule that provides the hallucinogenic indole-like structure. Diethylamine is about as hallucinogenic as ammonia.

This also seems a bit early for CIA LSD experiments. It pre-dates MKULTRA by a couple years.

Furthermore, cases of mass hallucination caused by ergot fungus in the rye grain (ergot fungus is the natural source of lysergic acid) are well documented throughout European history.

This sounds like ergotism. Not that our government has not committed similar acts of evil.

Johnny Appleseed
03-22-2012, 03:10 PM
I am experienced

belian78
03-22-2012, 03:17 PM
Now that I am thinking about it, out of somewhere between 15-20 lsd trips I took when I was in high school, one of them did include me looking into a mirror and transforming into a hideous, demonic looking creature. It was very brief, but it scared the crap out of me.

The exact same thing happened to me!! I wasnt even having one of 'those trips', it was a real chill evening sitting around a table enjoying each others' company.

dannno
03-22-2012, 03:23 PM
I knew someone who cured their alcoholism with heroin. I wouldn't reccomend that :p

Heroin is bad for you and it is highly addictive. Pure LSD is a safe, mind-expanding substance.

dannno
03-22-2012, 03:25 PM
If it killed people, it wasn't LSD. It is virtually impossible to overdose on LSD in a biological sense.

The article didn't say it killed 5 people directly, it said that 5 people died as a result. I would be interested to know how they died, but you're correct it would not have been from overdosing.

Mass dosing a population with LSD is probably not the best idea because people start hallucinating and have no idea what is happening or why.

belian78
03-22-2012, 03:25 PM
As I've gotten older, my preference would have to be with mushrooms. Much more relaxed an experience, and much less in the way of stomach indigestion.

Schiff_FTW
03-22-2012, 03:28 PM
As I've gotten older, my preference would have to be with mushrooms. Much more relaxed an experience, and much less in the way of stomach indigestion.

Strange, as it's worked out the opposite for me. Judging by the stomach indigestion comment it sounds like you probably weren't taking very good L.

belian78
03-22-2012, 03:33 PM
Well, with any sugarcube based or paper based I should have said, to be more accurate. Gel and liquid did me just fine.

PatriotOne
03-22-2012, 03:58 PM
Heroin is bad for you and it is highly addictive.

Really Danno? You thought it necessary to educate me on that?

dannno
03-22-2012, 04:07 PM
Really Danno? You thought it necessary to educate me on that?

Distinguish.

PatriotOne
03-22-2012, 04:07 PM
This also seems a bit early for CIA LSD experiments. It pre-dates MKULTRA by a couple years.

Since the MK Ultra documents were shredded prior to the (controlled) Congressional Hearings on it, the dates of the program(s) are not known to the day. We will never know everything about mk ultra, but then again what is known is so hideous not sure that would make a difference. Besides, I doubt mk ultra was our very first escapade into mind control.

Acala
03-22-2012, 04:15 PM
The article didn't say it killed 5 people directly, it said that 5 people died as a result. I would be interested to know how they died, but you're correct it would not have been from overdosing.

Mass dosing a population with LSD is probably not the best idea because people start hallucinating and have no idea what is happening or why.

That was the military intent, I think, to disorient.

dannno
03-22-2012, 04:18 PM
That was the military intent, I think, to disorient.

I can't imagine being tripped out on psychedelics and then experiencing a military invasion.. holy mackerel..

Acala
03-22-2012, 04:42 PM
Since the MK Ultra documents were shredded prior to the (controlled) Congressional Hearings on it, the dates of the program(s) are not known to the day. We will never know everything about mk ultra, but then again what is known is so hideous not sure that would make a difference. Besides, I doubt mk ultra was our very first escapade into mind control.

True. I was going by the first known budget allocation to the project. And you are right, it doesn't make a difference. What they are known to have done is already so bad that this episode really doesn't add much. And that is a pretty sad state of affairs - the evil and corruption is so deep that another atrocity becomes banal.

PatriotOne
03-22-2012, 04:43 PM
Distinguish.

Pure LSD is a safe, mind-expanding substance.

Unfortunately, all I got in high school was street crud I suppose. I can verify "safe" isn't something I could guarantee with that stuff. Nor would I recommend watching The Excorcist while tripping on it (how stupid was THAT!??!!!). Though I did have a spectacular red and pink hearts kaleidoscope experience one time on the street crud :D.

PatriotOne
03-22-2012, 04:56 PM
What they are known to have done is already so bad that this episode really doesn't add much.

True statement. A novice might think drugging a whole town is hideous. I would say they don't know what hideous really is until they have researched MK Ultra thoroughly. While I was researching MK Ultra, I actually started having panic attacks (never had them before or since) and praying to a God I never believe existed. No hyperbole.

Lishy
03-22-2012, 05:11 PM
This is pretty old, and part of MKUltra. I knew about the french village experiment for awhile. Only thing is I didn't know it was in French Bread! Scary! (Considering I often eat that thing!)

I still have yet to see an apology from the U.S. government. It went away too quietly.

They only perform this to the people because it has yet to be done to themselves! What a bunch of cowards!

The fact they shredded the documents is clear to their intentions! They should NOT have been left off the hook!

I say those responsible be waterboarded for 24 hours straight for each person they've killed, then thrown in jail if they're even left alive! These are NOT nice people, and we should not be pretending they are either! If they have no hesitation hurting us, why should we have hesitation hurting them!? I wouldn't be surprised if someone shoots them! Basically, "I want whatever they did to others to happen back to them". Oh, by the way, the victims died. Now, I'm not saying I want something violent to happen to them, I'm merely saying I want what happened to victims to happen to those responsible. By that logic, I'm not saying I want them dead, but I'm stating karma reflect their actions back at them.

Well, isn't that a pleasant workaround to not saying anything illegal, since I'm merely describing what happened to victims than what should happen to them? ;)

(First amendment! I'm not involved with anyone plotting acts of violence, nor' do I know anyone who is, blah blah blah, all those things I need to say to protect myself from being called a terrorist plotting to do anything, blah blah blah, even though they know I'm just a guy on his computer who's simply just angry...)

My visual novel references MKUltra a lot though. Guys, you should play it! I'll post it on this forum someday! :D

SpicyTurkey
03-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Now we know how the werewolf myth came to be.

awake
03-22-2012, 05:29 PM
Tuskegee Air Men venereal disease experiment.

mac_hine
03-22-2012, 05:31 PM

Your post reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3lwPd-GGn4

mac_hine
03-22-2012, 05:40 PM
A while back I was listening to this and got the eerie feeling I was tripping. Like the illusion this this this called "government" really doesn't exist. I can't really explain it. It's pretty much impossible for me to articulate the feeling I had. Suffice it to say, I was a bit freaked out, but not necessarily in a bad way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bCz9gcvMfk&feature=related

This is a video of Larken Rose's presentation at the Free Your Mind Conference in Philadelphia, PA on April 10, 2011. Larken clearly explains the illusion of human "authority" in a unique and dramatic way.

EDIT: AF, I think you will like this

Anti Federalist
03-22-2012, 07:02 PM
A while back I was listening to this and got the eerie feeling I was tripping. Like the illusion this this this called "government" really doesn't exist. I can't really explain it. It's pretty much impossible for me to articulate the feeling I had. Suffice it to say, I was a bit freaked out, but not necessarily in a bad way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bCz9gcvMfk&feature=related

This is a video of Larken Rose's presentation at the Free Your Mind Conference in Philadelphia, PA on April 10, 2011. Larken clearly explains the illusion of human "authority" in a unique and dramatic way.

EDIT: AF, I think you will like this

Thanks, I'll have a look at it.

specsaregood
03-22-2012, 07:28 PM
I've seen some people react very poorly to LSD.

I seem to have grown completely immune to the stuff in my older age. It was quite depressing when I finally came to that conclusion. It is a joy of youth that I shall never know again.

The Northbreather
03-22-2012, 07:46 PM
St. Anthony's Fire part II:o

Tyler_Durden
03-22-2012, 08:50 PM

It helped me with some pretty awesome ninjutsu skills one night. I think I could've taken Jackie Chan and Jet Li out.

Tyler_Durden
03-22-2012, 08:53 PM
I am experienced

I know what you did here......

Hey Joe. Where you going with that gun in your hand?

azxd
04-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Thread is revealing.

Anti Federalist
04-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Thread is revealing.

How so?