PDA

View Full Version : ACLU CONSIDERS INVOLVMENT IN ST. CHARLES

libertylastchance
03-22-2012, 01:34 PM
http://www.dailypaul.com/222416/aclu-to-consider-involvement-in-st-charles-caucus-issues
2 days ago I phoned the Eastern Missouri chapter of the ACLU and asked for their help.

The arrest and other caucus incidents raise serious 1st and 4th Amendment issues. The ACLU complaint counselor told me it is “the kind of case we generally are interested in.”

Arrested Ron Paul caucusgoer Ken "the CameraMan" Suitter has completed his application and forwarded all materials to Brent Stafford, the other Ron Paul supporter who faces ongoing prosecution.

Aratus
03-22-2012, 01:39 PM
The MO GOP deserves this totally.
the ACLU ensures national headlines.
Good Luck Missouri Grassroots people!!!

ChristopherShelley
03-22-2012, 01:42 PM
Awesome!

wgadget
03-22-2012, 01:45 PM
Better the ACLU than the UN, I guess. LOL

craezie
03-22-2012, 01:48 PM
I cannot say that I approve the actions of the ACLU in a lot of instances, but in this case true "civil liberties" were denied and they absolutely should throw their clout behind the folks in MO.

It will be great if they get an organization with that kind of money and influence to take up their cause.

Athan
03-22-2012, 01:48 PM
Yup, its a slam dunk. Video footage of them arresting him for NO reason. They shouldn't just go after the cops for being negligent by being ignorant of the political event rules, but the GOP, Dokes, and whomever he was involved with.

PolicyReader
03-22-2012, 01:56 PM
The MO GOP deserves this totally.
the ACLU ensures national headlines.
Good Luck Missouri Grassroots people!!!
^This, & +rep

evilfunnystuff
03-22-2012, 03:10 PM
... could get interesting.

sailingaway
03-22-2012, 03:11 PM
That is sort of like having the UN watch our elections. I'm not sure how I feel about it. They are likely to say it should be like the primary which no one but Santorum campaigned for BECAUSE it had nothing to do with delegate awards.

Now in GA maybe, because otherwise it likely won't be reopened. But in MO we have TONS of evidence and enough votes to vote the entire committee out, and they know it.

PauliticsPolitics
03-22-2012, 03:15 PM
Yes.
The ACLU is good when they actually deliver on the Civil Liberties mission built into their name.
Sadly, they are too often used as a tool of partisan politics.
But if they keep turning our way and actually start defending real civil liberties, they will certainly earn some points in my book.

trey4sports
03-22-2012, 03:17 PM
reminds me of.......

http://www.givemeliberty.org/RTP2/MISC/Graphics/VendettaDominoes.jpg

SCOTUSman
03-22-2012, 03:18 PM
This is good and bad.

Good that the ACLU sees this to be an issue. Meaning this isn't even close to a frivolous accusation and gives credibility to it from the outside.

However, being connected to the ACLU to challenge the Republican party is not going to help Ron Paul AT ALL with the GOP. The GOP has a very, very unfavorable view of the ACLU.

PolicyReader
03-22-2012, 03:24 PM
This is good and bad.

Good that the ACLU sees this to be an issue. Meaning this isn't even close to a frivolous accusation and gives credibility to it from the outside.

However, being connected to the ACLU to challenge the Republican party is not going to help Ron Paul AT ALL with the GOP. The GOP has a very, very unfavorable view of the ACLU.
I agree with your assessment as far as GOP opinion goes but honestly with the ongoing and active resistance to anything and everything Liberty/Paul from the GOP establishment how much worse can it get? (I can think of one instance, that being losing some of the soft support from delegates come Tampa, but is it a net loss if we're able to expose corruption and get our own actual delegates to Tampa instead of relying as heavily on soft support? )

Aratus
03-22-2012, 03:26 PM
if the ACLU goes into full tilt mode it puts a national focus on
the blatant autocratic nature of the tactics that were used.

RonRocks
03-22-2012, 03:30 PM
I never thought of ACLU as a bad organization. They're on our side more often than not, and they're even defending Limbaugh, lol

kathy88
03-22-2012, 03:31 PM
That is sort of like having the UN watch our elections. I'm not sure how I feel about it. They are likely to say it should be like the primary which no one but Santorum campaigned for BECAUSE it had nothing to do with delegate awards.

Now in GA maybe, because otherwise it likely won't be reopened. But in MO we have TONS of evidence and enough votes to vote the entire committee out, and they know it.

Feel the same way sailing. But it will still be fun to watch :)

V3n
03-22-2012, 05:39 PM
In the days when I voted for Bush, I hated the ACLU.
Since 2007 I've actually respected a lot of the things they do.
I don't think they've changed.
I bring this up to point out how the neocons certainly still feel about them.
(which, to me, makes it that much better!) :p