PDA

View Full Version : Athens Banner-Herald: Republican Party leaders report threats by Paul supporters

1stAmendguy
03-22-2012, 08:46 AM
http://onlineathens.com/blotter/2012-03-21/republican-party-leaders-report-threats-paul-supporters

Two local Republican Party leaders filed a police report on Tuesday, telling police that Ron Paul supporters left them harassing, potentially threatening messages after a contentious meeting on March 10, according to an Athens-Clarke police report.

Several rowdy Paul supporters attended the meeting, pushing video cameras into people’s faces and taping the confrontation, they said. The group posted the videos on YouTube with the local party leaders’ names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses.

The party members — a 28-year-old man and a 66-year-old man — turned over emails and Internet postings that included statements that the men should be shot, killed and have their houses burned down.

One of them also played two voicemail messages. In one, an unidentified man says that a group is coming after the party leaders. In the second voicemail, a man identifies himself by name and says “his generation is the revolution, that they will fight, they have militias, and are willing to die for their cause to take America back,” according to the officer’s report.

gte811i
03-22-2012, 09:00 AM
History will be written by the victors.

Muttley
03-22-2012, 09:02 AM
I know we're all getting frustrated with the corruption, but I hope people aren't really going about dealing with it by making threats.

Agorism
03-22-2012, 09:03 AM
I guarantee a Gingrich or Santorum supporter left a crazy voicemail somewhere as well.

1stAmendguy
03-22-2012, 09:04 AM
Judging from the video, I didn't see any cameras being pushed in anyone's face?

SneakyFrenchSpy
03-22-2012, 09:06 AM
Remember agent provocateurs can create their own threats if need be. It's all about playing the victim card in attempt to save face and make our people look like nut-jobs. Too bad it won't work this time...

aloneinthewilderness
03-22-2012, 09:06 AM
There's a pretty good chance that the voicemails and emails were left by people pretending to be Paul supporters. The heat is getting turned up, and it's only going to get hotter the more they feel that they could lose this game.

Cleaner44
03-22-2012, 09:08 AM
Jere Brower (http://exposingstopronpaul2012.wordpress.com/2012/01/14/jere-brower/) and other Frothybots creating false flags?

TheGrinch
03-22-2012, 09:08 AM
I know we're all getting frustrated with the corruption, but I hope people aren't really going about dealing with it by making threats.
It's called deflection (although I suppose there's a small chance that a crazed supporter who doesn't believe in Dr. Paul's non-aggression/force principles, or yes, could be from another camp)...

But more likely what is happening is that they got caught with their hand in the cookie jar, with video evidence they can't simply deny... So if you can't deny it, then deflect. Make the side you've disenfranchised look like the bad guys.

We've seen this countless times with them claiming that "libertarians hijacked and disrupted" the conventions... What, you mean showed up as a majority, knew the rules and tried to vote? I guess we should apologize and dismiss their disregard for the rules because those hacks can't draw a passionate majority like we can.

gte811i
03-22-2012, 09:11 AM

Yes, thankfully our forefathers had the foresight to set up a system of government that could be overturned peacefully through voting. It just takes a dedicated minority, especially at the local level. A few bad apples always exist in that process and those in control will spin it to their benefit.

The really sad thing is if enough people feel that they can not overturn their government through peaceful means they will resort to other methods. I pray this will never happen here, once people go down that rabbit hole you can't go back.

Okie RP fan
03-22-2012, 09:11 AM
Perhaps, if this is true, the Paul supporters should have acted as Dr. Paul would have.

That being said, we want our country back, and the establishment is in our way from returning to constitutional relevancy and THEY are the ones bullying us and trying to break and bend all the rules they can to make us irrelevant from shattering their establishment glass.

This is a r3VOLution, get over it.

Liberty74
03-22-2012, 09:17 AM
This is your typical establishment staged attacks. It's a way for GOP hacks to turn the issues around and regain control.

It's propaganda 101.

nobody's_hero
03-22-2012, 10:06 AM
History will be written by the victors.

True that.

sailingaway
03-22-2012, 10:12 AM
This is convenient after Ben Swann's reality check on how the GOP there stacked caucuses illegally according to their rules. As you can see in the video, Ron Paul supporters there had a very calm way of reacting to this, and I strongly suspect those 'threats' were planted.

limequat
03-22-2012, 11:05 AM
Wait, the local cops said that not one but two RP supporters did this. It must be true, the cops said so.

TheGrinch
03-22-2012, 11:08 AM
Wait, the local cops said that not one but two RP supporters did this. It must be true, the cops said so.
The cops did not say so... The GOP members filed a police report with some voicemails they probably made up themselves.

As much as I take every chance to rail against police state, that is not the problem here. It's the ones fabricating threats.

ETA: Further, I know 8 of the disenfranchised delegates my best friend brought up there with him, and so if there really is a misguided Paul supporter making threats (which I seriously doubt), they certainly are in no way affiliated with the disenfranchised delegates,that much I can assure you. They know that we're playing this game by their rules, and have absolutely no interest in undermining that (and most defintely not with htreats of violence as non-nonaggressionists). I think we all know who does...

limequat
03-22-2012, 11:11 AM
The cops did not say so... The GOP members filed a police report with some voicemails they probably made up themselves.

As much as I take every chance to rail against police state, that is not the problem here. It's the ones fabricating threats.

ETA: Fruther, I know 8 of the disenfranchised delegates my best friend brought up there with him, and so if thesre really is a misguided Paul supporter making threats (which I seriuosly doubt), they certainly are in no way affiliated with the disenfranchised delegates,that much I can assure you. They know that we're playing this game by their rules, and have absolutely no interest in underminding that. I think we all know who does...

You may be right, but that's not they way it will be read. It will be read as I stated.

DerailingDaTrain
03-22-2012, 11:19 AM
I'm not a crazy militia member and I refuse to believe that because of a few bad apples my bunch should be spoiled.

PatriotOne
03-22-2012, 11:23 AM
potentially threatening messages

Potentially threatening messages? Were they threatening or not?

wgadget
03-22-2012, 11:27 AM
Meanwhile, my email today contained another loving missive from Ms. Sue Everhart, chairman of the GA Republican Party.

http://www.gagop.org/chairmans-welcome-march-21-2012/