PDA

View Full Version : Converting (R) to Ron Paul (R)

robertwerden
11-14-2007, 08:53 AM
I met a Republican who is pro war (stay in Iraq) yesterday, and found a talking point that made him abandon the pro war candidates.

After learning he was for them, I asked him if it bothered him that Democrats are so far away from the founding fathers warnings and the Constitution. He went on about the parts of the constitution Democrats tend to blow off, like the 2nd amendment.

I then asked him what he would do if the GOP were to disregard the Constitution, which party he would associate him self with. He said the Libertarian party.

We then discussed the GOP and the points of the constitution point by point.

He has a Ron Paul lawn sign in front of this house this morning.

Richie
11-14-2007, 09:02 AM
I met a Republican who is pro war (stay in Iraq) yesterday, and found a talking point that made him abandon the pro war candidates.

After learning he was for them, I asked him if it bothered him that Democrats are so far away from the founding fathers warnings and the Constitution. He went on about the parts of the constitution Democrats tend to blow off, like the 2nd amendment.

I then asked him what he would do if the GOP were to disregard the Constitution, which party he would associate him self with. He said the Libertarian party.

We then discussed the GOP and the points of the constitution point by point.

He has a Ron Paul lawn sign in front of this house this morning.

That's what you do. A couple of neocons have attacked me for supporting Ron Paul (the unconvertible kind), and as soon as I dive into the Constitution, they leave me alone. Their beliefs contradict each other and revealing that to them either makes them extra defensive or really open.

Kregener
11-14-2007, 09:19 AM
My oldest friend has ingested the neocon pill, and we have had several heated discussions about Ron Paul.

The other day I was wearing my "I get my marching orders from the Constitution" t-shirt, and my friend says:

"That fund raising day your guy had last week was IMPRESSIVE".

Gotta take it one day at a time...

Goldwater Conservative
11-14-2007, 10:08 AM
I think you guys are better at this than me. :) I like to hit them over the head with a hammer: "Would you sooner vote for a pro-war Democrat, or an anti-war conservative Republican?" The answers I get aren't always reassuring...

foofighter20x
11-14-2007, 10:13 AM
You guys should be raising the fact that China possesses an economic weapon of mass destruction in the fact that they hold over $2 Trillion of our debt.

All they have to do is stop funding our excesses and we'll collapse.

The only way out of the mess for now is to either end the war or do away with welfare state entirely. And it's the former of those two options that is easiest right now. The Dems aren't going to see their legislative centerpiece go down in flames just so we can keep the war going, and it's a fight they'll win in the court of popular opinion, too... For now.