PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Rally in Clearwater, FL [Sat. Nov. 17th, 2pm - 8pm]

tsopranos
11-14-2007, 08:48 AM
http://www.ronpaulfreedomrally.com/

Alright, so who's going to the RP Freedom rally this coming weekend?
So far, 519 RSVP'ed through the site, but I would imagine there's at least double that committed to going.

gpickett00
11-14-2007, 10:23 AM
booyah

Cindy
11-14-2007, 11:10 AM
My husband daughter and I are going. We didn't RSVP to any site though. My bet is many didn't. Press releases will be going out soon in the area. The draw will be much larger then the RSVP number. It's a long event, 6 hours and the weather will be great!!

FSP-Rebel
11-14-2007, 11:21 AM
Is RP gonna be there?

Cindy
11-14-2007, 11:34 AM
Is RP gonna be there?

No. There will be guest speakers on Ron Paulitics and 4 live bands, face painters, food and music, and all sorts of other jazz, including sign marches, and sign waving road rallies on the way there from other cities in Florida. It was put together by local meetup organizers to spread the word to more voters and mostly to create the largest RP sign waving event ever to get footage for a Ron Paul comercial. A proffesional camerman was hired. The park holds 8,000 people.

I'm about an hour south in the East bradenton lakewood ranch area. I'll be putting together a press release for it to send the local newspaper later today, including info on Paul. I hope they run it.

Here is the promo web-site for the event and a place to RSVP. I just did.

http://www.ronpaulfreedomrally.com/index.php

newmedia4ron
11-15-2007, 05:55 PM
bump for florida!

Maria
11-15-2007, 05:57 PM
I'm going with four people and only I RSVP'd. I'm thinking the number going will be much greater than actually listed on the site.

newmedia4ron
11-17-2007, 04:43 AM

tsopranos
11-17-2007, 08:05 AM
Bump for the Floridians. Get ur butts over there! :D
618 people RSVP'ed. Not going to be big as the Philly rally, but this will be a nice showing with some good entertainment.

Cindy
11-17-2007, 09:56 AM
Bump for the Floridians. Get ur butts over there! :D
618 people RSVP'ed. Not going to be big as the Philly rally, but this will be a nice showing with some good entertainment.

They havn't even been updating that RSVP page. The turn out is going to be HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well be leaving in about an hour to join the Road rally in Bradenton!!!!!!!!Woot to day is going to be fun! My car is sporting RP from every view, we have our RP football jerseys on, we have 4 duffle bags full of 1,000 slim jims, 600 Boston Tea Party flyers, 400 and RP Dvds and CD roms, and plenty of signs for waving.

Looks like there will be over 50 cars driving together from here to St. Petes with RP stuff on them. People will be talking about it and telling others what they saw on the highways in Florida today. It was a good idea to do a MASS hour long sign waving at every meetup stop on the way there too. There will be at least 80 sign wavers at the bradenton Stop.

I'll write a report as soon as I get back and will be taking pictures I'll get downloaded to a flicker site as soon as I can. (Never did that before)

I'm looking forward to hearing the bands doing their RP songs too.

Duckman
11-17-2007, 10:15 AM
I live in Orlando and I will be going with some members of the Orlando meetup. I RSVP'ed, but I think alot more Orlando folks are going than those who did.

KramerDSP
11-17-2007, 08:45 PM
(Ignore this post)

KramerDSP
11-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Just got back to Palm Coast from the Freedom Rally at Coachman Park in Clearwater, Florida. I can't tell you how many cars were covered with RP materials, and it was a beautiful day and the perfect location for the rally. We had to leave around 5:30 PM, and more people were coming in as we were leaving, so I can't be sure what the attendance figures were like. I d have to guess it was somewhere between 150-250 people by the time I left. The organizers did a great job, and it was great to meet some of the people on this forum. I took a lot of footage, but will need some time to get it up (I'll try to have it up by tomorrow evening).

ladyliberty
11-17-2007, 08:52 PM
We went but only stayed until 4pm - the music was simply TOO LOUD. It was also not relevant - they just dedicated the "song" they were playing to the RP Supporters, and then they screamed into a microphone - full decible level. Sounded like a cat in a blender. Then to add insult to injury they tried to sing some songs from the 60s - again nothing was relevant to the rally or the revolution movement. Inna Godda Davida? Come on! How lame is that? My family could not withstand the auditory assault more than the 2 hours we were there - it was literally physically painful to us!

Other than that we had a pretty good time - we have never been to a rally before and probably will never go again. I will stick to doing my feet on the ground efforts here locally though.

davidkachel
11-17-2007, 08:54 PM
Sounded like a cat in a blender.

I hate it when that happens!

bbachtung
11-17-2007, 09:00 PM
Sounded like a cat in a blender.

I don't even want to know how you know what that sounds like.