PDA

View Full Version : Closed primary shut to ind's in every state?

BrazilLuLa
11-14-2007, 08:32 AM
Has the republican party kept independent's from voting republican in every state, or just a few of them?

It's always been well known here in MA that ind's can choose the party they would like to cast ballots for on election day. Will that no longer be the case?

If repub's do that, it's war. There is no way it should be legal.

Midnight77
11-14-2007, 08:33 AM
Most states are now closed elections. Biggest form of BS I've ever seen. I am Republican, but God I hate this Party.

LibertyEagle
11-14-2007, 08:35 AM
In Texas, independents can still vote in the primary of their choice.

BrazilLuLa
11-14-2007, 08:36 AM
It's time the people of this country hit the party with a class action lawsuit.

Can we sue for disenfranchisement? This underhanded manuevering is absolutely disgusting and is aimed at changing the outcome of the primary.

There is no way they should be able to get away with this. The Repub party MUST pay.

Furis
11-14-2007, 09:48 AM
I see nothing wrong with it. If the GOP decides they have a closed primary there is no reason that you shouldn't have to be a republican to vote in it. It keep people from showing up just to mess it up.

Oh, and its oh so hard to switch parties...... quit whining.

My $0.02

Bradley in DC
11-14-2007, 10:12 AM
Rules are decided state-by-state. Go to the approprate subfora here for relevant info--not grassroots. ;)

Goldwater Conservative
11-14-2007, 10:27 AM
I see nothing wrong with it. If the GOP decides they have a closed primary there is no reason that you shouldn't have to be a republican to vote in it. It keep people from showing up just to mess it up.

Doesn't the state provide them with voting booths and voting locations?

Anyway, I don't see why people just aren't allowed to change their party registration the day of a primary election, with the option of having it automatically change back in, say, 90 days. Effectively open primaries, parties can't bitch about non-party members voting, nobody gets to vote in more than one primary, and everybody can have a say.

Furis
11-14-2007, 10:35 AM
Anyway, I don't see why people just aren't allowed to change their party registration the day of a primary election, with the option of having it automatically change back in, say, 90 days. Effectively open primaries, parties can't bitch about non-party members voting, nobody gets to vote in more than one primary, and everybody can have a say.

I like this idea.