PDA

View Full Version : Legendary Punk Rock Band "Pennywise" Down for Ron Paul???

Teamronin
03-21-2012, 04:55 AM
I have Major Inside Sources that tell me the title of the above is true... With their new album "All or Nothing" and a new tour dropping at the end of the month, I think IF the Ron Paul Revolution grassroots youtube bombed comments on all Pennywises' Youtube videos, and website (Pennywisdom.com) they'd "officially" back us and endorse Ron Paul and the Revolution... Ron Paul said it himself “Another significant part of a revolution is music" Guys, this is big, help make this happen! This could be HUGE, you guys know what to do!!! Bomb their videos with Pro Ron Paul/PW comments!!! Trust, the boys from Hermosa Beach, Ca are very RP Friendly!!!

Ron Paul "ALL OR NOTHING!!!!" (Pennywise)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzsO6p37nIg&feature=player_embedded

Screw U2's Bono (for Obama), we could have Pennywise at the inauguration!!!!

PauliticsPolitics
03-21-2012, 05:16 AM
Make sure to bump this during more prime hours.
I am sure there are people willing to help you with this.
We are indeed known to be good at flooding youtube comments!

parocks
03-21-2012, 06:35 AM
We've had a bunch of acts show support. We really don't know what to do with them once that has happened. Some of the things we like to do are 1) buy their album 2) hope they give us money 3) hope to have a big concert somewhere.

Yes, perhaps if we hit Pennywise with emails or whatnot they'd do something we'd like. Then what? We really haven't gotten to a point where we actually work with these acts to do something specific that translates into votes.

Where does Pennywise live? Are they on tour any time between now and the end of June?

roho76
03-21-2012, 07:01 AM
Is that a song by Pennywise titled Ron Paul "All or Nothing"?

EDIT: Sorry I'm tethering my iPhone in BFE with Edge so I can't watch the video but I'll post to FB if true.

03-21-2012, 08:24 AM
That would be cool.

I found this on the tube recently from 94. I was there. Don't ask how old I am. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hin68BGd9Ik

VBRonPaulFan
03-21-2012, 08:29 AM
the lead singer of pennywise is very libertarian, i think. most of his songs revolve around the individual, being rebellious against authority that's there for the sake of authority, etc. i wouldn't see it as any kind of stretch to see him endorse Paul. pennywise has been a favorite band of mine since the mid 90's... they've been the quintessential skate punk band and have had a huge influence on the punk movement.

03-21-2012, 09:03 AM
the lead singer of pennywise is very libertarian, i think. most of his songs revolve around the individual, being rebellious against authority that's there for the sake of authority, etc. i wouldn't see it as any kind of stretch to see him endorse Paul. pennywise has been a favorite band of mine since the mid 90's... they've been the quintessential skate punk band and have had a huge influence on the punk movement.

I know Jim isn't the singer for Pennywise anymore. I haven't really kept up though.

roho76
03-21-2012, 09:34 AM
I'm not a big punk fan but I understand where there roots are and I agree with them. They have always been anti authority.

The band (I won't call them punk because I think they are trying to take over the brand like progressives stole the term Liberal) Rise Against is very much pro Obama. I read an interview with the lead singer and he said that Punk has always been pro Democrat and made fun of Conservative Punk and said there is no such thing. What a crock.

Czolgosz
03-21-2012, 09:39 AM
Bro Hymn is favorited on my Slacker :D

So are some of Kelly Clarkson's songs.

Yeah, I'm effed in the head.

03-21-2012, 09:40 AM
The band (I won't call them punk because I think they are trying to take over the brand like progressives stole the term Liberal) Rise Against is very much pro Obama. I read an interview with the lead singer and he said that Punk has always been pro Democrat and made fun of Conservative Punk and said there is no such thing. What a crock.

Please, Johnny Ramone one of the godfathers of punk was a conservative. In his hall of fame induction speech he said "God bless America and God bless President Bush."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx1hMaZqc00

splint
03-21-2012, 09:47 AM
Rise Against is very much pro Obama. I read an interview with the lead singer and he said that Punk has always been pro Democrat and made fun of Conservative Punk and said there is no such thing. What a crock.

Hogwash...

fearthereaperx
03-21-2012, 10:06 AM
I'm not a big punk fan but I understand where there roots are and I agree with them. They have always been anti authority.

Rise Against is pretty talented, but I am not down with some of their views when they go off to the far-left. The singer sure likes to talk about the perils of capitalism even when he is known to enjoy and be pretty heavily involved in buying, selling, making profit off of Chicago real estate himself.

roho76
03-21-2012, 10:12 AM
Please, Johnny Ramone one of the godfathers of punk was a conservative. In his hall of fame induction speech he said "God bless America and God bless President Bush."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx1hMaZqc00

I'm not disagreeing with you. I say it's bullshit to about Punk Rock being embeded with Democrats.

Rise Against is pretty talented, but I am not down with some of their views when they go off to the far-left. The singer sure likes to talk about the perils of capitalism even when he is known to enjoy and be pretty heavily involved in buying, selling, making profit off of Chicago real estate himself.

This is what I'm talking about. I think they are fakes who are trying to "reinvent" punk just like they did with the term Liberal.

Punk has always been anti authority (Democrat or Republican). But Rise Against would like you to believe the opposite is true.

roho76
03-21-2012, 10:14 AM

Also, I don't know if you've seen them live but I did with the Foo Fighters and they sucked. I thought that was a weird line up anyways Rise Against and Foo Fighters. If I was Dave Grohl I wouldn't want them anywhere near me or my band promoting their garbage leftist bullshit.

fearthereaperx
03-21-2012, 10:30 AM
Also, I don't know if you've seen them live but I did with the Foo Fighters and they sucked. I thought that was a weird line up anyways Rise Against and Foo Fighters. If I was Dave Grohl I wouldn't want them anywhere near me or my band promoting their garbage leftist bullshit.

Well, foo fighters are 'pro-democrat' too, right?

I think they sound and play well live. But just like with lots of punk, hardcore bands out there with, if you are not familiar with the songs, they will all sound the same to you and not carry the deeper dynamics of a great rock band.

roho76
03-21-2012, 10:49 AM
Well, foo fighters are 'pro-democrat' too, right?

I think they sound and play well live. But just like with lots of punk, hardcore bands out there with, if you are not familiar with the songs, they will all sound the same to you and not carry the deeper dynamics of a great rock band.

I'm not sure about the rest of the band but I believe Dave Grohl is a Libertarian. I've heard Rise Against songs on the radio and they are good and my band actually covers ReEducation but they sucked live.

03-21-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm not sure about the rest of the band but I believe Dave Grohl is a Libertarian.

Extremely unlikely. Foo fighters played a benefit for Obama's re-election campaign.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/16/barack-obama-foo-fighters_n_1281022.html

Liberty_Mike
05-23-2012, 10:48 AM
Fletcher, the guitar player from Pennywise, said he supported Ron Paul back in '08. Not sure if he has come out in support in 2012 like he did last election cycle, but would be awesome if he did. Their new album is all about revolution, liberty, resistence. Awesome album, and anyone who likes punk needs to download it! I'm going to see them in a week. I should wear my Ron Paul shirt to the show.

parocks
05-23-2012, 12:39 PM
Fletcher, the guitar player from Pennywise, said he supported Ron Paul back in '08. Not sure if he has come out in support in 2012 like he did last election cycle, but would be awesome if he did. Their new album is all about revolution, liberty, resistence. Awesome album, and anyone who likes punk needs to download it! I'm going to see them in a week. I should wear my Ron Paul shirt to the show.

Pennywise for Paul Festival in Tampa in August?

Liberty_Mike
05-23-2012, 04:41 PM
Pennywise for Paul Festival in Tampa in August?

That would be awesome!