PDA

View Full Version : ANYONE ELSE RECEIVE THE SAME ERRORS TRYING TO GET ON THIS SITE

kcchiefs6465
03-20-2012, 11:34 PM
I apologize for posting in the wrong forum as everytime I try to type this message my computer shuts down. Has anyone else had problems with different exploits, trojans, viruses? I get a threat name TR/Crypt.XPACK.GEN2, and a Win32/Cryptor but I have been getting dozens of AVG pop ups everytime I try get on (there have been numerous for the past weeks). My internet tells me a DNS CACHE has been blocked. Has anyone had the same problems? I've even gotten a "social engineering exploit" that seems to only come up when I'm "investigating" something that might be deemed "controversial." I don't want to discourage anyone from clicking on links but my optimistic side is telling me we have other candidate supporters linking stories that are viruses. I'm not too optimistic anymore. Seeing as my "helpful" little "bugs" let me read as much CNN, MSNBC as I want, I was just wondering if anyone else is being censored.

EDIT:
Hope I don't come off as paranoid but I've read that China censors internet access with DNS CACHE blocks. Any insight is appreciated. I'm usually not one for "conspiracy theories"

PolicyReader
03-21-2012, 02:18 AM
Sounds like you may have picked up a bug or a hijack. I can't be certain remotely but that's the impression I have from what you describe.
I run several layers of security on my rig (I'm not all the way to whole disk or O/S encryption like my friends in the CyberSecurity field but I have reasonable protection) and I haven't ever had a security warning or issue when using this site or it's links.

I'd suggest doing a full system scan for both virus and mal-ware on your system. I'd also consider using a different browser and seeing what your results are there, if you're lucky it might only be an issue within your browser which would be an easier fix.

PauliticsPolitics
03-21-2012, 02:23 AM
Run a decent free anti-malware like Malwarebytes