PDA

View Full Version : IL - Drunken girlfriend calls cops. Cops show up and execute sober boyfriend's dog.

Anti Federalist
03-20-2012, 09:19 PM
I don't recall this one, from an incident damn near one year ago today in Chicago.

According to the lawsuit filings, a man and women were at home, with the man sister's 78 year old stepfather.

During the course of the evening, the women gets drunk, gets into a fight with the boyfriend, who refuses to return her keys, because, of course, she's drunk.

Idiot girlfriend then calls cops and tells them that the boyfriend is refusing to let her leave the house, and that he has guns in the house (locked up and unloaded. Keeping in mind, both the man and woman have stated that no physical force or threat was used, he just wouldn't give her keys back).

Cops show up, barking orders and there are some minutes of confusion as keys for security gates are found and the gates opened.

Cops storm into house with tasers drawn, handcuff man and tell him to "shut up", with various foul modifiers.

Meantime, the man's dog comes out from another room, and sits besides the handcuffed man.

At no time does the dog threaten or charge at anybody.

Cop pulls out sidearm, puts it to the dog's head, while the owner is begging to be allowed to put the dog in another room, and blows a hole in the dog's neck.

At this point the man is dragged to his feet, thrown down the front stairs, where he fractures a tibia.

The dog, meanwhile, is still alive, tries to get down the steps, and is shot two more times, once in the chest and once in the leg, which I'm assuming, kills the dog.

Cops kick in the front security gates, after hearing gunshots, throw injured man into the squad car and book him, after confiscating the guns in the house that belonged to the stepfather mentioned earlier.

Months later, the man is acquitted of all charges.

I imagine the guns are gone forever.

Oh, and the drunken girlfriend?

The cops let her drive home.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/03/19/ChiDog.pdf

eduardo89
03-20-2012, 09:28 PM
According to the lawsuit filings, a man and women were at home, with the man sister's 78 year old stepfather.

How can someone be your sister's stepfather but not your stepfather?

Or does that say "man sister"? As in a tranny sister?

AFPVet
03-20-2012, 10:00 PM
Amerika F*&* yeah :mad:

Indy Vidual
03-20-2012, 10:32 PM
Ouch: If it was fiction no one would believe it.

Anti Federalist
03-20-2012, 10:39 PM
How can someone be your sister's stepfather but not your stepfather?

Or does that say "man sister"? As in a tranny sister?

I dunno...that just what it said in the court papers:

Pliantiff's sister's step father, Louis Jackson, aged 78.

Indy Vidual
03-20-2012, 10:41 PM
I dunno...that just what it said in the court papers:

Pliantiff's sister's step father, Louis Jackson, aged 78.

Same mother w/ different real father?

Bad cops, poor dog...

asurfaholic
03-20-2012, 10:57 PM
This is horrible/

Everyone will have to answer to the acts the commit one day... is all I can think...

oyarde
03-20-2012, 11:40 PM
Well , hopefully , she has learned a valuable lesson from this , have her give me a call , I will hook her up with a Mountain Cur mix puppy , IF , she promises , solemnly , to Never , call them again .

TheTexan
03-20-2012, 11:40 PM
This is just going to keep happening, and happening, and happening, until it happens to you.

Secession please.

heavenlyboy34
03-20-2012, 11:48 PM
This is just going to keep happening, and happening, and happening, until it happens to you.

Secession please.
+a zillion! These stories give me teh sad :( and :mad: at the same time.

helmuth_hubener
03-20-2012, 11:59 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

The fist step to enlightenment is to get angry....

phill4paul
03-21-2012, 05:17 AM
"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

California

Penal Code 600

(a) Any person who willfully and maliciously and with no legal justification strikes beats, kicks, cuts, stabs, shoots with a firearm, administers any poison or other harmful or stupefying substance to, or throws, hurls, or projects at, or places any rock, object, or other substance which is used in a manner as to be capable of producing injury and likely to produce injury, on or in the path of, any horse being used by, or any dog under the supervision of, any peace officer in the discharge or attempted discharge of his or her duties, is guilty of a public offense. If the injury inflicted is a serious injury, as defined in subdivision (c), the person shall be punished by impreisonment in the state prison for 16 months, two or three years, or in a county jail for not exceeding one year, or by a fine not exceeding two thousand dollars ($2000.00), or by both a fine and imprisonment. If the injury inflicted is not a serious injury, the person shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail for not exceeding one year, or by a fine not exceeding one thousand $(1000.00), or by both a fine and imprisonment.

(b) Any person who wilfully and maliciously and with no legal justification interferes with or obstructs any horse or dog being used by any peace officer in the discharge or attempted discharge of his or her duties by frightening, teasing, agitating, harassing, or hindering the horse or dog shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail for not exceeding one year, or by a fine not exceeding one thousand ($1000.00), or by both a fine and imprisonment.

(c) Any person who, in violation of this section, and with intent to inflict such injury or death, personally causes the death, destruction, or serious physical injury including bone fracture, loss or impairment of function of any bodily member, wounds requiring extensive suturing, or serious crippling, of any horse or dog, shall, upon conviction of a felony under this section, in addition and consecutive to the punishment prescribed for the felony, be punished by an additional term of imprisonment in the state prison for one year.

(d) Any person who, in violation of this section, and with the intent to inflict such injury, personally causes great bodily injury, as defined in Section 12022.7, to any person not an accomplice, shall upon conviction of a felony under this section, in addition and consecutive to the punishment prescribed for the felony, be punished by an additional term of imprisonment in the state prison for two years unless the conduct described in this subdivision is an element of any other offense of which the person is convicted or receives an enhancement under Section 12002.7.

(e) In any case in which a defendant is convicted of a violation of this section, the defendant shall be ordered to make restitution to the agency owning the animal and employing the peace officer for any veterinary bills, replacement costs of the animal if it is disabled or killed, and the salary of the peace officer for the period of time his or her services are lost to the agency.

Leg.H. 1984 ch. 443. effective July 12, 1984, 1985 chs. 106, 765.

Pericles
03-21-2012, 09:08 AM
The "war on dogs" seems to be the only "war" the cops are winning.