PDA

View Full Version : NY - Where can I get a list of candidates for a Senate/Congressional/Assembly district?

lib3rtarian
03-20-2012, 08:48 PM
My in-laws in NY are not politically savvy, registered R for Paul, and will vote for candidates I recommend them to. I have been trying to get a list of candidates for their area and then do my research on how libertarian each of them where, but I have been unable to find any candidate lists on the NY board of elections website. (NC BoE website has candidate lists available.)

Can someone please help?

This is their voter district info:

Election: 036
Assembly: 62
Congress: 13
Council: 51
Civil Court: 02
Senatorial: 24

gravesdav
03-21-2012, 11:05 AM
I'm pretty sure the April 24th primary is only for president. I was wondering the same thing but I don't think too many have declared yet for local offices. Also u have to factor in that the new districts have just been set. I think the non presidential primary will be in June.

tony m
03-21-2012, 02:49 PM
The april primary is for federal elections - president and congress.

The state primary has not been dated yet. It is possible that federal judicial will come to the rescue like they did with the congressional redistricting.

The repub candidates for senate to run against gillibrand are Wendy E. Long, a Manhattan lawyer active in conservative circles; George Maragos, the Nassau County comptroller; and Representative Bob Turner, a congressman who represents portions of Brooklyn and Queens.

I was at the March Republican Rountagble meeting in Buffalo where Long and Maragos were vetted. We spoke with Maragos at the February meeting. We heard all three and the delegate nominating votes at last weeks state convention.

Who is the best? noone. Long is standard issue status quo/big war. Maragos sounds good, says he wouild back 100% fed audit, ok with semester abortion, another status quo. Turner was a late entry. Don't know too much about him.

Wendy is the favorite of the establishment and just missed hitting 50% for the nomination. She is the fakest. Turner seems to have the best "potential".

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/17/nyregion/3-ny-republicans-to-vie-in-primary-for-nomination-for-senate-seat.html

The 13th I believe is NYC. Join the NYC Ron Paul meetup group. Nick Spanos and Gigi Bowman of Liberty-Candidates.org will help you out.