PDA

View Full Version : The Environment: Al Gore Helps Us

AlexMerced
11-14-2007, 07:43 AM
If people ask about the enviroment, tell them Al Gore is the perfect example of Enviromental protection int he freee market

Trying to get into offic eand push legislation he got very little done

but by making a documentary and informing consumers he created a deman that led the market to produce more "green" products.

Change is driven by people, not gvernment, yay for freedom and the free market

No one has been able to refute this

So thanks Al Gore.

Mark Rushmore
11-14-2007, 07:44 AM
I hope this doesn't mean you're changing your vote for Man of the Year :p.

AlexMerced
11-14-2007, 07:45 AM
nah, it's still Robin Williams

piotr1
11-14-2007, 07:57 AM
Tho Al Gore may have done some good things, he's still a NWO / CFR henchman trying to carbon tax us all.

AlexMerced
11-14-2007, 07:59 AM
the point is that he only made difference in the free market, showing that rela change occurs in the free market not through legislation.

Al Gore still want legislation, he's not gonna get it though.
Never Gonna Get it, not this time, no.

Mark Rushmore
11-14-2007, 08:01 AM
It's a great twist how you're using him for the cause, either way ;).

fj45lvr
11-14-2007, 08:17 AM
Al Gore the man that wants to see the end of the internal combustion engine in 15 years???

The guy is riding a "cash cow" laughing all the way to the bank emulating Issac Asimov.....people really love science fiction ya know.

NinjaPirate
11-14-2007, 08:23 AM
Sometimes I wonder if Gore practice what he preaches. Does he live in an environmental friendly house? Does he compost, have solar panels installed where he lives, recycles, uses energy efficient appliances, or drives a fuel efficient car?

I haven't done research, but those questions run through my head everytime I hear his name.

KewlRonduderules
11-14-2007, 08:28 AM
I know I'll probably get some flack for saying this- but I like Al Gore. I voted for him in 2000. And I do believe Global Warming has definitely been exacerbated by man made CO2. If you read the news lately he has joined a Silicon Valley start-up that invests in green energy. He's out of the Capital Hill wood work for good- He'll never run again. 2000 was too painful for him.

But I support Dr. Paul's position on this. Get rid of the EPA- it has been bought out by corporate interests anyway! Moreover, it is probably more effective to sue for others polluting your property and Dr Paul hopefully will make it easier to do this once he gets into office.

thatnerdyguy
11-14-2007, 08:30 AM
the point is that he only made difference in the free market, showing that rela change occurs in the free market not through legislation.

Al Gore still want legislation, he's not gonna get it though.
Never Gonna Get it, not this time, no.

Uh, HE may not get legislation through, but if Hillary wins, she'll be sympathetic to the part of the party that wants to make that carbon offset nonsense compulsory.

I do agree however, in principle, that pointing to his movie showed how he got a message out there without legislation (not that he didn't try legislation first, or that I necessarily agree with the message of the movie).

noxagol
11-14-2007, 08:34 AM
Sometimes I wonder if Gore practice what he preaches. Does he live in an environmental friendly house? Does he compost, have solar panels installed where he lives, recycles, uses energy efficient appliances, or drives a fuel efficient car?

I haven't done research, but those questions run through my head everytime I hear his name.

His house uses like 3 times more electricity than the average home. He gets away with this by paying the electric company more to say he gets his electricity from green sources.

constituent
11-14-2007, 08:41 AM
headline

from the super-geniuses that brought you
the internet comes the next big currency scam...

cap and trade...

'cuz where will the money-changers
go once they've been run out the temple?

cap and trade...

an environmental disastrophy in the making.

remember folks...

pay your polluter.

LBT
11-14-2007, 08:59 AM
By the same argument the free market bought us Karl Marx.

Al Gore is an opportunist lying POS who is looking to make billions, and or seek huge power out of fake global warming politico-junk-science.

We are only beginning to have a free market in ideas, especially ideas of political and economic nature. Al Gore will be dumped in the heap of bull $hit artists in future years once more people have woken up and erroneuos claims are documented for all to see.

AlexMerced
11-23-2007, 11:39 AM
the point is if your arguing against a dem, I find that they hardly negate this argument

acstichter
11-23-2007, 12:01 PM
AlexMerced,
Your point is well taken and I wished I had it last weekend where I was debating an Obama guy and the environment was one of the big things keeping him from supporting Ron Paul (although he said he would vote for Ron Paul over Hillary :) )

Anyways, I could have used this argument that free market works better than gov't. It seems like a BIG sticking point with Dems, especially with healthcare.