PDA

View Full Version : News Stories and the Ron Paul Google Search

FrancisMarion
03-20-2012, 08:14 PM
Whenever I want to see what news is happening on a subject. I usually just type the subject into Google and search. If the subject has news articles written then google search results will show a few news stories like this below from today.

http://media11.dropshots.com/photos/525558/20120320/b_185255.jpg

As you can see two of the three articles don't look very good by the headlines. My question is this: How does Google decide which three news articles pop up? I don't think it is latest release. Are they chosen by the quantity of people clicking them?

If they are it seems we should ignore the bad ones and click away on the good ones.

Somebody please search on there computer to see if you are getting the same results as me (picture above).

smithtg
03-20-2012, 08:32 PM
hey when you google ron paul you also get mitt romney ads at the top of the search results I noticed today

FrancisMarion
03-21-2012, 08:38 AM
I have an adblocker. Its great.

Nobody knows how a google search chooses these articles to show?

Schiff_FTW
03-21-2012, 08:46 AM
I have an adblocker. Its great.

Nobody knows how a google search chooses these articles to show?

By number of views I would imagine. The algorithm probably also takes into consideration back links. Which is why when someone posts a hit piece on RPFs the URL should be broken, lest we inadvertently increase it's Google News page rank.