PDA

View Full Version : An open letter to the protestant community

Sematary
11-14-2007, 07:27 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/vance/vance127.html

The Issues

Abortion: Ron Paul is a physician who has delivered more than 4,000 babies. He not only opposes federal funding of embryonic stem cell research and partial-birth abortion, he is against abortion itself. As he himself has said:

In 40 years of medical practice, I never once considered performing an abortion, nor did I ever find abortion necessary to save the life of a pregnant woman. In Congress, I have authored legislation that seeks to define life as beginning at conception, H.R. 1094. I am also the prime sponsor of H.R. 300, which would negate the effect of Roe v Wade by removing the ability of federal courts to interfere with state legislation to protect life. This is a practical, direct approach to ending federal court tyranny which threatens our constitutional republic and has caused the deaths of 45 million of the unborn. I have also authored H.R. 1095, which prevents federal funds to be used for so-called "population control." Many talk about being pro-life. I have taken and will continue to advocate direct action to restore protection for the unborn.

Religion: Ron Paul has issued a statement of his personal faith that should satisfy Protestant Christians of any persuasion:

I have never been one who is comfortable talking about my faith in the political arena. In fact, the pandering that typically occurs in the election season I find to be distasteful. But for those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do. I know, as you do, that our freedoms come not from man, but from God. My record of public service reflects my reverence for the Natural Rights with which we have been endowed by a loving Creator.

The reason we do not find very many references to religion in his writings and speeches is because, unlike President Bush, Dr. Paul does not cloak his political proposals with religious rhetoric in hopes of beguiling Christians.

weagle
11-14-2007, 08:08 AM
Thanks for posting. I just forwarded this to my parents. I'm trying to convert them and it is not going to be easy.

DealzOnWheelz
11-14-2007, 08:20 AM
personally I think bringing up the legislation that he tried to pass to make conception life is not a very strong talking point.

It turns off Pro-Choice which is alot of younger women.

Ibtz
11-14-2007, 08:21 AM
Why are Protestants being specifically targeted? Many Catholics are pro-life as well. Why not just direct it to Christians in general?

Sematary
11-14-2007, 08:22 AM
personally I think bringing up the legislation that he tried to pass to make conception life is not a very strong talking point.

It turns off Pro-Choice which is alot of younger women.

So?

Sematary
11-14-2007, 08:23 AM
Why are Protestants being specifically targeted? Many Catholics are pro-life as well. Why not just direct it to Christians in general?

It was written (I believe) by a protestant minister.

Ibtz
11-14-2007, 10:48 AM
It was written (I believe) by a protestant minister.

Duh. Okay. Man, things move fast around here...