PDA

View Full Version : RON PAUL MAKES HISTORY IN HAWAII’S INAUGURAL GOP CAUCUS

Endthefednow
03-20-2012, 03:57 PM
WINS NEIGHBOR ISLANDS MAUI AND ‘BIG ISLAND’

HONOLULU, Hawaii – 2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul made history in Hawaii’s first-ever Republican caucus last week, winning neighbor islands Maui and “Big Island.”

The Aloha State held its first-ever Republican presidential caucus last Tuesday. In anticipation of what turnout might be, the Republican Party of Hawaii was buzzing with curiosity and excitement leading up to caucus day. Turnout predictions under discussion ranged from 4,000 to 6,000 voters. An air of success and celebration was palpable last Tuesday, when it was learned more than 10,000 Hawaiians participated.

On election night, the Ron Paul campaign was celebrating its victory of winning “The Big Island” as votes were reported via telephone from the neighbor islands. At this point in Maui, Ron Paul was a mere nine votes behind rival Mitt Romney. The final outcome was yet to be determined, as Paul campaign organizers awaited close to 200 provisional ballots being flown in from the neighbor islands.

For three full consecutive days, representatives and volunteers from each campaign locked themselves in a room together, counting ballots and receiving express mail packages arrive from the neighbor islands. When it came down to Maui, Ron Paul ended up receiving 47 provisional ballots cast for him, taking the lead over Mitt Romney by 18 votes.

“We were all sitting together with our calculators, and as soon I pushed ‘equals’ and wrote down the number 47, I knew that we had won Maui too,” stated Ron Paul 2012 Hawaii State Director Meghann Walker. “I turned to look at the other Ron Paul supporters in the room and we all had a confident grin of excitement on our faces. It was a great moment we already count as a memorable one.”

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/03/20/ron-paul-makes-history-in-hawaii%E2%80%99s-inaugural-gop-caucus/

UMULAS
03-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Wait, did he win Hawaii? If yes, I'm going to do 1,000 calls today.

Oddone
03-20-2012, 04:48 PM

No we lost. Got 3rd place...

Votes % Delegates
Romney 4,548 44% 9
Santorum 2,589 25% 5
Paul 1,975 19% 3
Gingrich 1,116 11%

socal
03-20-2012, 04:59 PM
If we won Maui, Google needs to update their totals then. They have Dr Paul winning the Big Island, but not Maui,

http://www.google.com/elections/ed/us/results/2012/gop-primary/hi

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/9490/hawaiir.png

03-20-2012, 05:02 PM
I hear the big island is the best place to live in Hawaii. Nobody bothers you much, not too touristy.

What's funny is the places I wouldn't mind living Ron did well in like ME, NH, big island, ny county NV.

PolicyReader
03-20-2012, 05:06 PM
I hear the big island is the best place to live in Hawaii. Nobody bothers you much, not too touristy.

What's funny is the places I wouldn't mind living Ron did well in like ME, NH, big island, ny county NV.
Get the google maps for everywhere Ron does well this year and establish them as a home owners guide ;) :)

03-20-2012, 05:17 PM
Get the google maps for everywhere Ron does well this year and establish them as a home owners guide ;) :)

It really does tell you where like minded people are.

I'd love to move to the big island, can't afford it. I am probably going to buy a house in Maine soon. Waldo or Washington county. I think both will be a safe place to live if shtf.

socal
03-20-2012, 05:21 PM
Hawaii GOP hasn't updated their site with the Paul Maui victory. We need to make sure it gets done, not that the GOP has given us any reason not to trust them.

Notice date difference,

http://www.gophawaii.com/2012-presidential-caucus/presidential-caucus-results/ (says FINAL RESULTS: Downloadable PDF (as of March 17, 2012 12:00 PM))

http://www.gophawaii.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Hawaii-Caucus-Results-Calculator-FINAL-031612-10pm.pdf (most recent pdf file posted (date 03-16-12))

sailingaway
03-20-2012, 05:26 PM
These were the ones they wouldn't release that night until they came in by Fed ex and could be recounted on Oahu, right? Because the schools on the other islands are REALLY DISMAL and maybe those people can't count....

And so they wait until no one is focusing on Hawaii any more before letting it be known. Figures.

Congratulations, Ron! Pele smiles on your campaign, clearly!

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRC3nbRRYaF32EHwUF7q9y1UxSHB_xQi-b44EegnC6DdrTAO2fJJg

I put it on the front page with my picture.

rb3b3
03-20-2012, 05:31 PM
It really is sooo sad that we live in a pretend world, I would have never realized in a million years how the msm gets you to think and what they make you believe. We all know there are two sides to a story and now following this election, I now know that there are 3 sides to a story his, hers, and the msm side. It's soo pathetic and I feel bad for the people out there who's eyes are not open to this. Shame on me too for not really knowing how bad the msm really is. I used to love bill oreilly because I thought he was the only one out there I could trust and get the truth from because he was in the no spin zone!!! Hahaha I'm such a retart really!!! I can honestly say that Just judging the msm actions that Ron Paul is such a humongous threat to the establishment and their gravy train that it's not even funny!!! I wish I won lotto because I would set up a super pac and spend millions on the remaining states to try to pull the rug out from under the media. I would love to see Ron win the popular vote in just one state to see how the media spins it, I'm sure it would be something along the lines of Ron Paul win x but it's too little to late as he has no shot at all for the nom and he will most likely be dropping out of the race any day now... I wonder what they would say if Ron were to win 2 states back to back??? I think it would be tough to spin that, but I guarantee they will!!!!! We need to somehow get Ron this victory and get our damn country back!!!!!!

sailingaway
03-20-2012, 05:40 PM

I'd love to move to the big island, can't afford it. I am probably going to buy a house in Maine soon. Waldo or Washington county. I think both will be a safe place to live if shtf.

the islands rely on the internet A LOT. Places that get their news off the internet like Ron Paul. My theory.

craezie
03-20-2012, 05:44 PM
I don't care if he won 2 islands -- did he get any DELEGATES?

bunklocoempire
03-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Hawaii GOP hasn't updated their site with the Paul Maui victory. We need to make sure it gets done, not that the GOP has given us any reason not to trust them.

Notice date difference,

http://www.gophawaii.com/2012-presidential-caucus/presidential-caucus-results/ (says FINAL RESULTS: Downloadable PDF (as of March 17, 2012 12:00 PM))

http://www.gophawaii.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Hawaii-Caucus-Results-Calculator-FINAL-031612-10pm.pdf (most recent pdf file posted (date 03-16-12))

Flippin' GOP.

I have yet to see a story acknowledging Paul winning Hawaii County from the Hawaii County bird-cage liner Hawaii Tribune Herald.

Haven't looked at todays or yesterdays yet.

opinionatedfool
03-20-2012, 06:40 PM
No we lost. Got 3rd place...

Votes % Delegates
Romney 4,548 44% 9
Santorum 2,589 25% 5
Paul 1,975 19% 3
Gingrich 1,116 11%

Any chances of some "uncommitteds" from the others?

Esoteric
03-20-2012, 06:51 PM
Our showing in Hawaii is about as history making as a Tom Davis endorsement.

sailingaway
03-20-2012, 07:00 PM
I don't care if he won 2 islands -- did he get any DELEGATES?

I think three.

sailingaway
03-20-2012, 07:00 PM
Our showing in Hawaii is about as history making as a Tom Davis endorsement.

the big island and Maui care, I assure you.

sailingaway
03-20-2012, 07:01 PM
Any chances of some "uncommitteds" from the others?

grinch just had one of his two delegates given to Romney, so he only has one left. It is possible we might get that eventually.

Keith and stuff
03-20-2012, 07:20 PM

I don't think so. ME is a Democrat Party state and HI is one of the most Democratic states in the US. HI isn't just Democrat, it is controlled by Democrats that are statist on the vast majority of issues, even many liberal issues. They are two of the least free states in the US. Well, ME is actually good compared to most states on personal liberty, but it is bad on economic liberty. HI is just plain bad, bad, bad when it comes to liberty.

8 state Reps. in HI are Republican, just 8. http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/members/legislators.aspx?chamber=H
Only 1 state Sen. in HI is a Republican! http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/members/legislators.aspx?chamber=S
The HI Freedom Ranks: http://mercatus.org/freedom-in-the-50-states/HI
#47 Overall
#46 Economic
#43 Personal

ME is not as bad as HI, but few places are.
The ME Freedom Ranks: http://mercatus.org/freedom-in-the-50-states/ME
#33 Overall
#39 Economic
#7 Personal

It is true that ME borders NH, but the political climate is very different. I think it makes sense to think about Republican leaning states or at least swing states where Paul did very well as potentially full of like minded people. However, in the caucus states it is very hard to tell if that is true since very few people vote in caucuses. Even though hardly anyone bothers to vote in a caucus, many people still vote in primaries and general elections in caucus states.

Keith and stuff
03-20-2012, 07:22 PM

It is accurate to say that Ron Paul won Hawaii because that is the name of the big island :) Ron Paul did win the big island. He didn't win the state of Hawaii, though.

ronpaulhawaii
03-20-2012, 07:41 PM
I'm still hurting over losing Kaua'i... I tried to turn out the kanaka maoli. Some came out, most did not :(

unknown
03-20-2012, 08:07 PM

I kid you not, I am seriously considering this.

These places will be the last remaining bastions of freedom in America.

unknown
03-20-2012, 08:08 PM
I'm still hurting over losing Kaua'i... I tried to turn out the kanaka maoli. Some came out, most did not :(

We know you did brother. If ANYONE tried, we know it was you.

Big thanks.

Keith and stuff
03-20-2012, 08:27 PM
I kid you not, I am seriously considering this.

These places will be the last remaining bastions of freedom in America.

Except that some of them are some of the least free places in America. Republican Primary and especially Republican Caucus voters are not representative of the population as a whole, usually. Perhaps in a place like NH where there was a very high voter turn out, that may be partially correct. But in a place like ME, MN, HI or WA where hardly anyone bothered to vote, the numbers don't mean a great deal. Also consider, all of those states are strongly Democratic states that have noticeably less freedom than the average state. Ron Paul may have done poorly in CO, but it is certainly more free than any of those states.

skyorbit
03-20-2012, 10:41 PM
Does this mean we won one of the legislative districts?

Keith and stuff
03-20-2012, 11:42 PM
Does this mean we won one of the legislative districts?

NO :(

speciallyblend
03-21-2012, 03:02 AM
Except that some of them are some of the least free places in America. Republican Primary and especially Republican Caucus voters are not representative of the population as a whole, usually. Perhaps in a place like NH where there was a very high voter turn out, that may be partially correct. But in a place like ME, MN, HI or WA where hardly anyone bothered to vote, the numbers don't mean a great deal. Also consider, all of those states are strongly Democratic states that have noticeably less freedom than the average state. Ron Paul may have done poorly in CO, but it is certainly more free than any of those states.

where did you hear ron paul did poorly in colorado? oo the media;) look you might need to sing a different tune on april 13th and send corrections to all media. When we get a majority of the delegates from colorado! I promise you this. If Ron paul does not get the majority of delegates IN COLORADO APRIL 13TH. Then i predict obama wins colorado and the election before it begins unless ron decides to run indy. In case you missed my thread we won majority delegates in denver and passed many of the resolutions with over 2/3 majority ! State is in mid april. 100% ron paul slate in my district!

Keith and stuff
03-21-2012, 09:58 AM
where did you hear ron paul did poorly in colorado?

Fair enough. You are correct about that. I meant Paul did poorly with the popular vote, even though it was a caucus. My point is that even though CO is much freer than HI, ME, MN and so on, Paul did much worse when it came to percentage of the vote in CO than those states.