PDA

View Full Version : Illinois Results Thread

evandeck
03-20-2012, 03:39 PM
How does the turnout look in Illinois? Anyone think we will get at least third?

Polls close at 8PM Eastern

JJ2
03-20-2012, 03:40 PM
"Illinois Republican primary: Widespread ballot problems could slow vote count"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/illinois-republican-primary-widespread-ballot-problems-could-slow-vote-count/2012/03/20/gIQACp81PS_story.html

PauliticsPolitics
03-20-2012, 03:43 PM
"Illinois Republican primary: Widespread ballot problems could slow vote count"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/illinois-republican-primary-widespread-ballot-problems-could-slow-vote-count/2012/03/20/gIQACp81PS_story.html

Sadly, since this is in Cook County (Chicago) it kinda scares me that all the ballots are going to be "touched" by additional people. Chicago is the king of vote fraud (and I am not a conspiracy person) but seriously, we have a motto "vote early and vote often"...

JJ2
03-20-2012, 03:46 PM
Sadly, since this is in Cook County (Chicago) it kinda scares me that all the ballots are going to be "touched" by additional people. Chicago is the king of vote fraud (and I am not a conspiracy person) but seriously, we have a motto "vote early and vote often"...

I thought it was "If you're alive, you're not an eligible voter." ;)

Yeah, they say they might count them by hand OR "trim the ballots" with scissors or something and then put them into the scanners. How do we know they won't trim too much? LOL.

PauliticsPolitics
03-20-2012, 03:46 PM
How does the turnout look in Illinois? Anyone think we will get at least third?

Polls close at 8PM Eastern

I have never hung around polling places as much as I have been today, so it is hard for me to compare the turnout.
It seemed average-ish I suppose, meaning places had a good amount of people, but no crazy lines. However, in the areas with the ballot problems, there were some hold ups while people figured out what to do with the oversized ballots.

PauliticsPolitics
03-20-2012, 03:47 PM
I thought it was "If you're alive, you're not an eligible voter." ;)

Yeah, they say they might count them by hand OR "trim the ballots" with scissors or something and then put them into the scanners. How do we know they won't trim too much? LOL.

Yea, my thought exactly. More specifically, I am sure there is a way to "trim a ballot" to make it unreadable by the voting machine. So basically, all those votes will get decided by some goons with scissors! All they have to do is look at who was voted for on the ballot, and then decide if they should trim it correctly or incorrectly.

PauliticsPolitics
03-20-2012, 03:49 PM
Also, people should see this thread for other info from earlier:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?368046-ILLINOIS-Information-Update-Strategy-amp-Facebook-Ads-(chipin-included)

evandeck
03-20-2012, 04:02 PM
Exit polls now scrolling on CNN. Santorum still has a chance to win. Ron Paul and Gingrich could be in a battle for third place

havox112
03-20-2012, 04:03 PM
Exit polls now scrolling on CNN. Santorum still has a chance to win. Ron Paul and Gingrich are in a battle for third place

Santy ain't gonna win. Chicago, East St Louis, Quad Cities, Peoria. is going to carry Romney

PolicyReader
03-20-2012, 04:03 PM
Does anyone have a decent source for a CD break down within the state? It'd be great if we managed to sang a few of those :)

smokemonsc
03-20-2012, 04:11 PM
Voted for Ron Paul today - felt great :) My polling place was deserted though, granted I live in a 75% democratic suburb of Chicago lol.

PauliticsPolitics
03-20-2012, 04:18 PM
Does anyone have a decent source for a CD break down within the state? It'd be great if we managed to sang a few of those :)

I know that the Illinois State Board of Elections will ultimately post the results for delegates per Congressional District. However, I am trying to find their system to post live results.

NoOneButPaul
03-20-2012, 04:22 PM

In Cook County I was told I had to pick the GOP ballot to vote for Paul, even though it's an open primary.

I think they've been telling people across the city this because the same thing happened to my friends, and since all the local elections involve Dems and we get more crossover support than anyone we are going to get hurt the most in Cook.

This is going to cost Paul 3rd...

But, for the record, this didn't seem to have anything to do with voter fraud, the people I was arguing with were just straight up ignorant about the fact it was an open primary.

belian78
03-20-2012, 04:26 PM
Peoria IL here, my girl and I went and voted. It was her first time, so I had to coach her a bit before we got in line as to not miss the delegate selections. :cool: I know it was dead where I went, and looks like it had been all day. As the lady was flipping through the rolls to check my name, there were maybe like 3 or 4 checks per page. Someone else said that this area will go to Romney, I would have to agree, he's got all the local establishment here in his camp.

JJ2
03-20-2012, 04:27 PM
In Cook County I was told I had to pick the GOP ballot to vote for Paul, even though it's an open primary.

I think they've been telling people across the city this because the same thing happened to my friends, and since all the local elections involve Dems and we get more crossover support than anyone we are going to get hurt the most in Cook.

This is going to cost Paul 3rd...

But, for the record, this didn't seem to have anything to do with voter fraud, the people I was arguing with were just straight up ignorant about the fact it was an open primary.

Open primary doesn't mean you don't need a GOP ballot. You still have to vote in the GOP primary.

JJ2
03-20-2012, 04:28 PM

Here are the results by CD: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/elections/2012/by_cd/IL_President_0320.html?SITE=CSPANELN&SECTION=POLITICS (Link not yet active)

aaroche26
03-20-2012, 04:29 PM
AA

NoOneButPaul
Open primary doesn't mean you don't need a GOP ballot. You still have to vote in the GOP primary.

What i'm trying to say is they wouldn't let people vote in the GOP primary unless they took the GOP ballot.

And if they took the Dem ballot to support the local candidates (there are almost no GOP people running in Chicago/Cook) then there was no option for the GOP nomination.

And they didn't let you take both- you had to pick one or the other.

Thus, you had to pick up the GOP ballot to vote for Paul, which means any Dems who were sympathetic didn't get to vote for Paul because the local elections probably meant a lot more to them.

aaroche26
AA

evandeck
03-20-2012, 04:30 PM
"Early exit polls for IL GOP primary: Romney ahead in urban areas; Santorum ahead in rural communities"- CNN on Twitter

PolicyReader
03-20-2012, 04:31 PM
I know that the Illinois State Board of Elections will ultimately post the results for delegates per Congressional District. However, I am trying to find their system to post live results.

Here are the results by CD: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/elections/2012/by_cd/IL_President_0320.html?SITE=CSPANELN&SECTION=POLITICS (Link not yet active)

Thank you both :)

pen_thief
03-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Voted for Ron Paul today - felt great :) My polling place was deserted though, granted I live in a 75% democratic suburb of Chicago lol.

High five, me too. The only part about it I didn't like was watching my ballot disappear into a black box of uncertainty, scanned by a machine of questionable accuracy.

PauliticsPolitics
03-20-2012, 04:32 PM
What i'm trying to say is they wouldn't let people vote in the GOP primary unless they took the GOP ballot.
Yes. How else would you vote in the GOP primary without having the GOP ballot? Ron Paul would not be on the Democratic Ballot.
Sadly, as far as I know, no where in the country do they let you mix ballots (like vote in the GOP Presidential Primary on the GOP ballot, but then vote on the Democratic Ballot for local elections.)

PauliticsPolitics
03-20-2012, 04:34 PM

Well, they might just show who won the Beauty Contest by Congressional District.
Hopefully they show the DELEGATE election by CD (because Santorum does not have delegates on the ballot in our 4 targeted districts... even though he is in the meaningless beauty contest statewide.)

NoOneButPaul
03-20-2012, 04:34 PM
Yes. How else would you vote in the GOP primary without having the GOP ballot? Ron Paul would not be on the Democratic Ballot.
Sadly, as far as I know, no where in the country do they let you mix ballots (like vote in the GOP Presidential Primary on the GOP ballot, but then vote on the Democratic Ballot for local elections.)

They wouldn't let you take both, which meant anyone in Chicago voting for the local Democratic primaries (there were a million) were not able to vote for Paul.

How is it open if Democrats aren't able to vote for Paul and you're not even allowed to claim you're an independent?

PauliticsPolitics
03-20-2012, 04:36 PM
They wouldn't let you take both, which meant anyone in Chicago voting for the local Democratic primaries (there were a million) were not able to vote for Paul.

Yes, I promise you this is just how it works NATIONWIDE. You can only have one party ballot.

NoOneButPaul
03-20-2012, 04:38 PM
Yes, I promise you this is just how it works NATIONWIDE. You can only have one party ballot.

This is my 1st time voting so it's the 1st time i'm figuring this out but I can tell you right now this totally fucks Paul here in Chicago.

There were tons of local elections going on and NONE of them involved GOP people (this is Chicago after all) which means allllll of the people who voted in those local elections were not able to vote for Paul.

We're fucked.

aaroche26
03-20-2012, 04:40 PM
AA

BUSHLIED
03-20-2012, 04:43 PM
Results will be depressing if Ron doesn't get at least 10%...Ron is not going to end the campaign but not campaign either trying to capitalize on the delegate strategy at the convention??? very odd.

It's pretty clear that me that Ron is done. He is destined to get about 11% in the remaining primaries with a handful of exceptions.

But somehow Ron thinks he'll carry a significant amount of delegates into the convention from the caucus wins?? Enough to bargin with Romney? If so, why the hell doesn't he campaign harder and try to actual win something or knock out the Grinch or something?

NoOneButPaul
03-20-2012, 04:43 PM
The Illinois Governor election between Bill Bradley (R) and Governor Pat Quinn (D). Quinn ended up winning.

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-muckrakers/files/2011/06/ILgov2010.jpg

This is what it will probably look like with Romney and Santorum. Romney = blue. Santorum = red

Romney will likely lose because in the blue a lot of democrats, which offsets Romney's victory. For example, my friend a democrat voted President Obama and other democrats. I live in the suburbs of Chicago. But if you go down state you won't find individuals like my friend. It's a sea of red. Santorum instead will have a majority since no one will be voting for President Obama.

My Prediction:
1. Santorum
2. Romney
3. Paul
4. Ginrich

Lol...this is what Illinois looks like after every election.

It's why the GOP is trying to lobby for Chicago being the 51st state...

kill the banks
03-20-2012, 04:47 PM
I hope everyone on the forum listens to this as we help dr paul ... Alert! Obama Declares/Updates MARTIAL LAW Implementation – Executive Order Explained

... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myPENDAJdE0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

dante
03-20-2012, 04:49 PM
Wife and I just voted in Chicago. We were #83 & 84 at our precinct.

jclay2
03-20-2012, 04:50 PM
Did early voting by registering in the grace period. Definitely was uneasy with the electronic voting. I asked for a paper ballot and they said I had to use the machines.

ivflight
03-20-2012, 04:54 PM
I just got back from my voting place. I walked over after going to the gym and was (as I have for the past 2 months) wearing a Ron Paul t-shirt. When I went inside the place was empty with 6 volunteers. They actually made me take off my shirt because "electioneering" is illegal in the voting place. I turned it inside out, and as soon as my ballot was getting sucked into the machine I flipped it back.

I didn't see signs for any of the other guys anywhere, but I saw several Ron Paul signs and bumper stickers on the walk over.

I was the 160th voter at my place.

JJ2
03-20-2012, 05:39 PM
Results will be depressing if Ron doesn't get at least 10%...Ron is not going to end the campaign but not campaign either trying to capitalize on the delegate strategy at the convention??? very odd.

It's pretty clear that me that Ron is done. He is destined to get about 11% in the remaining primaries with a handful of exceptions.

But somehow Ron thinks he'll carry a significant amount of delegates into the convention from the caucus wins?? Enough to bargin with Romney? If so, why the hell doesn't he campaign harder and try to actual win something or knock out the Grinch or something?

He isn't campaigning much because he's almost out of money.

evandeck
03-20-2012, 05:39 PM
So where besides Tim Johnson's district do you all expect Ron to do best in?

enrique
03-20-2012, 05:57 PM
So where besides Tim Johnson's district do you all expect Ron to do best in?

Why do you think Ron Paul will do well in Johnson's district? Endorsements are almost completely meaningless to voters. Do you care who your Congressman endorses? Paul did poorly in Justin Amash's district in Michigan not because of Amash but because it is not a district with favorables to him.

JJ2
03-20-2012, 06:06 PM
Exit polls: Gingrich about 12%, Paul about 8%. :(

aaroche26
03-20-2012, 06:08 PM
AA

evandeck
03-20-2012, 06:22 PM
First votes are in http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/primaries/state/il

amonasro
03-20-2012, 06:23 PM
I was stuck on the interstate for 2.5 hours because that stupid tanker full of hydrochloric acid overturned and gridlocked the entire city.

I missed the poll closing deadline by 10 minutes. I'm pissed.

liberty2012
03-20-2012, 06:27 PM

PauliticsPolitics
03-20-2012, 06:28 PM
Links to all results, including the DELEGATE CONTESTS in this thread:http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?368155-The-ILLINOIS-RESULTS-to-watch-(links-to-all-results-INCLUDING-DELEGATES-RESULTS)

XNavyNuke
03-20-2012, 06:29 PM
Turnout was about 15% in my rural precinct.

XNN

JJ2
03-20-2012, 06:31 PM
Exits now show Gingrich 11%, Paul 9%.

XNavyNuke
03-20-2012, 06:33 PM
It's why the GOP is trying to lobby for Chicago being the 51st state...

Hah! (dries tear) Metro Pubs control the Illinois GOP and sip sherry at the country club with the Dem Elite from Crook Country. I've pushed bills through Springfield and seen the vote swaps at the 11th hour.

XNN

RonRules
03-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Please save screenshots as the evening develops. Almost always, Paul starts off with higher numbers and ends with lower numbers. Romney does the opposite. I believe it is because small precincts get counted first and vote flipping is going on.

I missed the 2% reported mark, where Ron was at 12%. Now he's at 11.

http://i42.tinypic.com/nyuzr.png

RonRules
03-20-2012, 06:37 PM
See what I'm telling' ya?
http://i44.tinypic.com/20feud2.png

JJ2
03-20-2012, 06:39 PM
Please save screenshots as the evening develops. Almost always, Paul starts off with higher numbers and ends with lower numbers. Romney does the opposite. I believe it is because small precincts get counted first and vote flipping is going on.

I missed the 2% reported mark, where Ron was at 12%. Now he's at 11.

http://i42.tinypic.com/nyuzr.png

Paul was at 17% (!) with 1% reporting.

RonRules
03-20-2012, 06:39 PM
Look at Romney going up:
http://i39.tinypic.com/35aqeef.png

JJ2
03-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Romney projected winner by CNN.

Havax
03-20-2012, 06:42 PM
Will Ron have a speech tonight?

RonRules
03-20-2012, 06:42 PM
What's going on before your very eyes is THIS:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?363915-We-NEED-more-hands-on-deck.-Significant-evidence-of-Algorithmic-vote-flipping.

Please help convince the mods of the importance of this thread and bring it back to the grassroots section.

If you want to win this election, in 2012, voter fraud is THE issue to work on.

Tyler_Durden
03-20-2012, 06:43 PM
I was stuck on the interstate for 2.5 hours because that stupid tanker full of hydrochloric acid overturned and gridlocked the entire city.

I missed the poll closing deadline by 10 minutes. I'm pissed.

That means other candidates supporters were stuck too
(looking at glass 1/2 full) :)

RonRules
03-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Is this convincing anyone? Note that Santorum is also going down.
http://i42.tinypic.com/jzw9xy.png

JJ2
03-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Paul is down to 9%, going down in Cook County...

kathy88
03-20-2012, 06:45 PM
Funny AP shows 15% reporting.

playpianoking
03-20-2012, 06:45 PM
I want to put a clip of CNN online that just happened. They said they couldn't call the race because there were too many rural areas that haven't reported yet. 10 seconds later they call the race. lol.

parocks
03-20-2012, 06:46 PM
NO

Is this convincing anyone?

James Madison
03-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Romney is on pace for close to 1,000,000 votes. Who the hell votes for this guy? Seriously, I've never met a Romney supporter in my life!

Tyler_Durden
03-20-2012, 06:48 PM
I want to put a clip of CNN online that just happened. They said they couldn't call the race because there were too many rural areas that haven't reported yet. 10 seconds later they call the race. lol.

Looks like all the networks called it simultaneously. MSNBC and CNN even had the same pic of a fire truck and voting booths on their homepage.....hmmm.

klamath
03-20-2012, 06:49 PM
Looks like Santorum completely over played to his value voter base and blew it bad. Don't tell people the ecconmy don't matter dumb sh*T.

alucard13mmfmj
03-20-2012, 06:51 PM
Is this convincing anyone? Note that Santorum is also going down.

hmmm so little ages 18-29 voters =|

damn we got raped in illinois.

lakerssuck92
03-20-2012, 06:52 PM
Stop crying about percentages. Our vote gap with Gingrich has been increasing. Now it is 3400...

RonRules
03-20-2012, 06:53 PM
Things may have stabilized:
http://i44.tinypic.com/34td75g.png

parocks
03-20-2012, 06:54 PM
Stop crying about percentages. Our vote gap with Gingrich has been increasing. Now it is 3400...

doesn't matter. doesn't look like we were voting for Santorum to keep <1144.

kathy88
03-20-2012, 06:56 PM
President - GOP Primary
2513 of 10448 Precincts Reporting - 24%
Name Party Votes Vote %
Romney, Mitt GOP 68,908 56%
Santorum, Rick GOP 33,772 27%
Paul, Ron GOP 11,760 9%
Gingrich, Newt GOP 8,321 7%
Perry, Rick GOP 587 0%
Roemer, Buddy GOP 453 0%
Uncommitted GOP 1 0%
From AP

alucard13mmfmj
03-20-2012, 06:56 PM
i think we should try to support Santorum in upcoming states before its too late and Romney runs away with it...

sailingaway
03-20-2012, 06:57 PM
hmmm so little ages 18-29 voters =|

damn we got raped in illinois.

It is proportional by district, percentage doesn't tell us if we are getting delegates, necessarily. Are they breaking it down by districts anywhere?

brushfire
03-20-2012, 06:59 PM
I have a modest precinct consisting of ~12,000 people, probably 1/4 of that who are eligeable voters. We will probably hit ~260 ballots.

I voted for my 3 delegates, the 3 alternates, and the 1 candidate. I even checked the cardboard backer to see if there were any impressions under Ron Paul and associated delegates - I'm assuming flip-flop-a-romney took my precinct.

alucard13mmfmj
03-20-2012, 07:00 PM
It is proportional by district, percentage doesn't tell us if we are getting delegates, necessarily. Are they breaking it down by districts anywhere?

So Ron Paul supporters should vote for Ron in congressional districts, but for Santorum elsewhere?

-Prevent Romney from getting 1144
-Prevent Santorum and Gingrich from getting 1144 combined (possible deal/alliance)
-Get at least 400-500 for Ron

parocks
03-20-2012, 07:00 PM
by district here

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?368155-The-ILLINOIS-RESULTS-to-watch-(links-to-all-results-INCLUDING-DELEGATES-RESULTS)

kathy88
03-20-2012, 07:01 PM

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/elections/2012/by_state/IL_Delegates_0320.html?SITE=CSPANELN&SECTION=POLITICS

brushfire
03-20-2012, 07:02 PM
They're not all in yet, but here's the realtime results from my county. Romney has quite a margin with Paul in second third:

http://www.co.kendall.il.us/county_clerk/election_results/election.html

kathy88
03-20-2012, 07:03 PM
District 13 is freaking me out GRINCH, really?

Rosenthal/Gingrich, Wayne GOP 91 23%
Gresham/Romney, James GOP 53 14%
Mitchell/Romney, Bill GOP 45 12%
Hendricks/Gingrich, Jim GOP 41 11%
Williamson/Gingrich, Kristin GOP 41 11%
Cearlock/Paul, David GOP 35 9%
Liautaud/Romney, Jimmy John GOP 33 8%
Johnson/Paul, Martin GOP 26 7%
Capati/Paul, Albert GOP 25 6%

kathy88
03-20-2012, 07:04 PM
3052 of 10448 Precincts Reporting - 29%
Name Party Votes Vote %
Romney, Mitt GOP 92,810 54%
Santorum, Rick GOP 48,971 29%
Paul, Ron GOP 15,866 9%
Gingrich, Newt GOP 11,943 7%
Perry, Rick GOP 852 0%
Roemer, Buddy GOP 609 0%
Uncommitted GOP 1 0%

kathy88
03-20-2012, 07:05 PM
They're not all in yet, but here's the realtime results from my county. Romney has quite a margin with Paul in second third:

http://www.co.kendall.il.us/county_clerk/election_results/election.html

Santorum is second. That is the order they appeared on the ballot I believe.

RDM
03-20-2012, 07:05 PM
He isn't campaigning much because he's almost out of money.

He has enough money to get his a$$ on a Greyhound bus and do some retail politics. He does NOT have to fly Private jet everywhere. Had the campaign not burned through money spending $35/vote, he would have had plenty of funds.

RonRules
03-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Romney went down a bit:
http://i44.tinypic.com/8yb3ox.png

Ivash
What's going on before your very eyes is THIS:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?363915-We-NEED-more-hands-on-deck.-Significant-evidence-of-Algorithmic-vote-flipping.

Please help convince the mods of the importance of this thread and bring it back to the grassroots section.

If you want to win this election, in 2012, voter fraud is THE issue to work on.

If there were voter fraud, Romney would have won by now. The elite don't like Gingrich or Santorum- mostly because they are rightfully convinced they would not only lose to Obama, but bring down a lot of others with them. *If* fraud is occurring, it is either being done extremely poorly, or you have multiple groups committing fraud for their own candidate. Both are extremely unlikely.

RDM
Romney is on pace for close to 1,000,000 votes. Who the hell votes for this guy? Seriously, I've never met a Romney supporter in my life!

Because you don't hang out in country clubs and corporate offices.

RonRules
03-20-2012, 07:08 PM
I doubt we're going to see stories like "The shrinking candidate" applied to Gingrich!

lakerssuck92
He has enough money to get his a$$ on a Greyhound bus and do some retail politics. He does NOT have to fly Private jet everywhere. Had the campaign not burned through money spending $35/vote, he would have had plenty of funds.

Dumping cash into Iowa and New Hampshire was well worth it. A victory in either of those states would have made us legitimate contenders...

parocks

Not winning has an effect on donations.

Not winning means less money.
Less money means not winning.
Not winning means less money.
etc etc etc

RonRules
03-20-2012, 07:10 PM
If there were voter fraud, Romney would have won by now. The elite don't like Gingrich or Santorum- mostly because they are rightfully convinced they would not only lose to Obama, but bring down a lot of others with them. *If* fraud is occurring, it is either being done extremely poorly, or you have multiple groups committing fraud for their own candidate. Both are extremely unlikely.

Most people HATE Romney, yet he still wins. That's the story.

James Madison
03-20-2012, 07:16 PM
Dumping cash into Iowa and New Hampshire was well worth it. A victory in either of those states would have made us legitimate contenders...

A win in New Hampshire was never a realistic option. A victory in Iowa, however, was. Thanks to the media constantly attacking Ron for two straight weeks we came in 3rd. I will never forgive the mainstream media for what they have done and continue to do.

kahless
03-20-2012, 07:17 PM
1313 people so far voted for Perry. Unbelievable.

kathy88
03-20-2012, 07:18 PM

I talked to at least 4 people today who are not voting because "they don't care."

James Madison

146,142 people so far voted for Romney. Unbelievable.

jclay2
This state is a lost cause. Just to give you an idea of how backwards things are, look at our underfunded pension system: http://washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/opinion-zone/2010/06/top-illinois-public-school-administrators-split-nearly-1-billion. Thats right, our pension system for teachers is so aggregious that the top 100 education earners in the state can amass a pension worth 10 million dollars on average (or 1 billion for a 100 administrators)!

RonRules
03-20-2012, 07:21 PM
The country folks seem to like Santorum. He's gaining in the rural areas. Note that Paul or Gingrich are not affected.
http://i44.tinypic.com/2wr3thh.png

Ivash
03-20-2012, 07:23 PM
[QUOTE=RonRules;4297508]Most people HATE Romney, yet he still wins. That's the story.[/QUOTE

Yeah, that's not a story. Maybe most people you *know*, but not most people. His positives are up (even in Democratic polls, and they would kill their first born to run against Santorum or Gingrich). The fact remains: if there was a large scale conspiracy to elect Romney, he would have won already.

Few people love Romney, but it is not at all unusual for Republicans to vote for people they don't love. They didn't love McCain, Bush, Dole, etc.

Edit: Yeah, Iowa was the ticket. A win there would have propelled Dr. Paul into the lime light for months.

PaulSoHard
03-20-2012, 07:24 PM
First it was Santorum, and now....

Romney's pulling out the 'Freedom' speech

pauliticalfan
03-20-2012, 07:24 PM
University of Chicago!

*wild clapping*

Obama taught there.

*boo*

sailingaway
03-20-2012, 07:26 PM
I want Ron to win a district but none of the media leading up to this even indicated you COULD get delegates that way, so I bet a bunch of people who like Ron won't bother to vote. When I lived in Illinois I had no idea delegates were awarded by district.

sailingaway
03-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Because you don't hang out in country clubs and corporate offices.

People are being told it is him or Santorum and Santorum scares people.

MozoVote
03-20-2012, 07:31 PM
Santorum is still winning the "corn counties" by wide margins though.

I suppose it's a foregone conclusion that Santorum will at least earn a speaking spot in Tampa. I pity the Paul delegates having to sit through that. Bring earplugs.

WD-NY
03-20-2012, 07:36 PM
Imagine if Ron's speech after Iowa (or NH...when millions were still undecided) like the one Romney just gave.

Think he would've tipped enough undecidedid voters to win a few states?

Ivash
03-20-2012, 07:39 PM
Imagine if Ron's speech after Iowa (or NH...when millions were still undecided) like the one Romney just gave.

Think he would've tipped enough undecidedid voters to win a few states?

I missed it. Did Romney give a good speech?

RonRules
03-20-2012, 07:46 PM
This webpage allows you to get to each individual county's election data:
http://www.elections.il.gov/electionauthorities/elecauthoritylist.aspx

floridasun1983
03-20-2012, 07:53 PM
He has enough money to get his a$$ on a Greyhound bus and do some retail politics. He does NOT have to fly Private jet everywhere. Had the campaign not burned through money spending $35/vote, he would have had plenty of funds.Bingo.

jolynna
03-20-2012, 07:57 PM

The media is NOT VETTING Romney. Just like they didn't vet Obama in 2008.

Romney is just as rabid in his own way as Santorum. But most think his biggest flaw is that he's a wishy-washy liar, which is something people have come to expect from politicians. Sometimes I think Santorum was a plant to make Romney look "not so bad"...just in case the lying on all those videos bothered anybody.

Voters don't know enough about Romney to be scared. But they are uneasy and don't like him. I think they sense something about him is "off".

I recently attended a fundraiser for Mitch Daniel's replacement, believe me, the country club set and the 1percenters that were in attendance are praying to get Christie or Mitch Daniels or someone of their ilk in this race. I didn't hear a SINGLE PERSON in that room say ONE GOOD THING about Romney. Just the opposite.

In my opinion.

Esoteric
03-20-2012, 08:00 PM
Where you at NOW Fred Karger?!??!! :cool:

kahless
03-20-2012, 08:00 PM

I am guessing they hate Romney for Romneycare and the individual mandate but Santorum on foreign policy scares them. No one wants a hot head like Santorum making decisions or with his finger on the button. The herd always want to be on the winning team so less votes for Paul and Gingrich so they all herd over to Romney.

Still do not get the point of 2800 votes for Perry. That is allot of not knowing he is no longer running or protest votes.

unknown
03-20-2012, 08:02 PM
Voted for Ron Paul today - felt great :)

Noice.

Keith and stuff
03-20-2012, 08:19 PM

I agree completely on those two states. They are the most important states. Paul was considered 2nd tier by almost everyone in the MSM (and thus most of the country) from the state. However, if he would have done really well in IA and NH, that perception would have changed. If Paul would have won IA by 5 points, he would have looked like the main Romney competitor to many people in NH and likely broken 30%. Those results would have likely given him a lot more money and he could have run a ton of ads in SC and broke 20%. He could have also run ads in NV and came in 2nd with 25%-35% of the vote. Who knows, maybe Santorum would have never seem a massive media bump and would have already dropped out of the race at this point. Paul might not have won enough delegates to win outright under such a scenario, but he likely could have taken it to the convention and pleaded his case.

Paul sure did spend a lot of money in IA, though. However, IA traditionally doesn't vote for libertarians so it took a lot of money around around 500 campaign staff and volunteers to get Paul what he got in IA. I think Paul really did amazing in IA considering the typical Republican Party voters there with a closed caucus and all.

Okie RP fan
03-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Hey, at least we are third with 76% reporting.

Ivash
03-20-2012, 08:49 PM
The media is NOT VETTING Romney. Just like they didn't vet Obama in 2008.

Romney is just as rabid in his own way as Santorum. But most think his biggest flaw is that he's a wishy-washy liar, which is something people have come to expect from politicians. Sometimes I think Santorum was a plant to make Romney look "not so bad"...just in case the lying on all those videos bothered anybody.

Voters don't know enough about Romney to be scared. But they are uneasy and don't like him. I think they sense something about him is "off".

I recently attended a fundraiser for Mitch Daniel's replacement, believe me, the country club set and the 1percenters that were in attendance are praying to get Christie or Mitch Daniels or someone of their ilk in this race. I didn't hear a SINGLE PERSON in that room say ONE GOOD THING about Romney. Just the opposite.

In my opinion.

This I can back up- and I know the Elites of this country (and other countries, but lets keep that aside) extremely well. Many are just waiting for next election to finally throw their influence and money into the ring- even if they liked Romney he owes too many favours (ambassadorships, etc) to too many people for others to get in on the act now.

Keith and stuff
03-20-2012, 08:51 PM
Hey, at least we are third with 76% reporting.

That's true. All of the polls showed Paul in 4th. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/il/illinois_republican_presidential_primary-1593.html

The MSM may play it as Gingrich failed to meet expectations. Or perhaps the MSM will only mention the top 2 candidates.

jolynna
03-20-2012, 08:56 PM
I am guessing they hate Romney for Romneycare and the individual mandate but Santorum on foreign policy scares them.

My point about Romney NOT BEING VETTED.

MOST do not have a clue that Romney's foreign policy makes Santorum look like a sissy.

For starters Romney wants to increase the Pentagon's spending by $8.3 TRILLION over Obama's projections http://www.salon.com/2012/03/20/the_gops_bloated_pentagon_dreams/singleton/.

Romney's has also hired the scariest bunch of war-mongering thugs and anti-liberty humans available. Leading the list as Romney's Security and Military Intelligence Adviser is Michael Chertoff, Bush's ex-Secretary of Homeland Security who wrote the Patriot Act. Chertoff is credited with implementing the TSA scanners and is the person responsible for getting the remains of the Twin Towers and Pentagon "gone".

Next up, is Eliot Cohen, who has been pressing presidents since 2001 to strike out Iran.

Then, Dov Zakheim, who, before 9/11, called for "some catastrophic and catalyzing event - like a new Pearl Harbor" being necessary to foster the frame of mind needed for the American public to support a war in the Middle East that would politically and culturally reshape the region in a document called "Rebuilding America's Defenses: Strategy, Forces and Resources for a New Century"(http://www.newamericancentury.org/RebuildingAmericasDefenses.pdf). In May 2001, Zakheim became the Pentagon comptroller and according to Donald Rumsfied: The Day Before 9-11 Zakheim "LOST" $2.3 Trillion (Video of Rumsfield on CBS day before 9-11 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kpWqdPMjmo).

Mitchell Reiss, advocate of MEK, an Iranian Terrorist Group (http://www.salon.com/2011/08/23/reiss_romney_mek/) is also an adviser. As is Cofer Black, a torture specialist.

Mitt Romney's record while governor of MA. fighting Jihadists: http://aboutmittromney.com/terrorism.htm

And if that isn't enough:

Doesn't this Megatropolis Spy Center built by Bain to keep track of data and the phone calls and e-mails of "dissidents in China: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/16/world/asia/bain-capital-tied-to-surveillance-push-in-china.html?hp and http://www.salon.com/2012/03/16/big_romney_is_watching_you/ look familiar?

Kind of like THIS ONE in UTAH? http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/03/ff_nsadatacenter/all/1 AND http://open.salon.com/blog/watchingfrogsboil/2012/03/19/world_war_web_advisory_6_nsa_big_brother_utah_data _center.

The media has NOT vetted THIS CANDIDATE. They need to.

We "may" have a war if Obama gets re-elected. BUT, it is absolutely a boots on the ground until who knows when WAR WITH IRAN if Romney becomes president. LOOK WHO HE HIRED WAY BACK IN OCTOBER. WHO HAS A COLLECTION of high rolling prestigious but DEADLY (AND very, very, very expensive) characters like that months in ADVANCE -- every one of them also a dual citizen of Israel. Which, I think is a conflict of interest, if Obama had dual citizens from a "Muslim" country working on his cabinet and comtrolling Pentagon money (that subsequently disappeared) U.S. Republicans would be storming the white house.

In my opinion.

SCOTUSman
03-20-2012, 09:05 PM
We are going to beat Newton. Surprising 3rd place finish. Good stuff though!

umichmed
03-20-2012, 09:13 PM

MOST do not have a clue that Romney's foreign policy makes Santorum look like a sissy.

For starters Romney wants to increase the Pentagon's spending by $8.3 TRILLION over Obama's projections http://www.salon.com/2012/03/20/the_gops_bloated_pentagon_dreams/singleton/.

Romney's has also hired the scariest bunch of war-mongering thugs and anti-liberty humans available. Leading the list as Romney's Security and Military Intelligence Adviser is Michael Chertoff, Bush's ex-Secretary of Homeland Security who wrote the Patriot Act. Chertoff is credited with implementing the TSA scanners and is the person responsible for getting the remains of the Twin Towers and Pentagon "gone".

Next up, is Eliot Cohen, who has been pressing presidents since 2001 to strike out Iran.

Then, Dov Zakheim, who, before 9/11, called for "some catastrophic and catalyzing event - like a new Pearl Harbor" being necessary to foster the frame of mind needed for the American public to support a war in the Middle East that would politically and culturally reshape the region in a document called "Rebuilding America's Defenses: Strategy, Forces and Resources for a New Century"(http://www.newamericancentury.org/RebuildingAmericasDefenses.pdf). In May 2001, Zakheim became the Pentagon comptroller and according to Donald Rumsfied: The Day Before 9-11 Zakheim "LOST" $2.3 Trillion (Video of Rumsfield on CBS day before 9-11 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kpWqdPMjmo).

Mitchell Reiss, advocate of MEK, an Iranian Terrorist Group (http://www.salon.com/2011/08/23/reiss_romney_mek/) is also an adviser. As is Cofer Black, a torture specialist.

Mitt Romney's record while governor of MA. fighting Jihadists: http://aboutmittromney.com/terrorism.htm

Doesn't this Megatropolis Spy Center built by Bain to keep track of data and the phone calls and e-mails of "dissidents in China: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/16/world/asia/bain-capital-tied-to-surveillance-push-in-china.html?hp and http://www.salon.com/2012/03/16/big_romney_is_watching_you/ look familiar?

Kind of like THIS ONE in UTAH? http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/03/ff_nsadatacenter/all/1 AND http://open.salon.com/blog/watchingfrogsboil/2012/03/19/world_war_web_advisory_6_nsa_big_brother_utah_data _center.

We "may" have a war if Obama gets re-elected. BUT, it is absolutely a boots on the ground until who knows when WAR WITH IRAN if Romney becomes president. LOOK WHO HE HIRED WAY BACK IN OCTOBER. WHO HAS A COLLECTION of high rolling prestigious but DEADLY (AND very, very, very expensive) characters like that months in ADVANCE -- every one of them also a dual citizen of Israel. Which, I think is a conflict of interest, if Obama had dual citizens from a "Muslim" country working on his cabinet and comtrolling Pentagon money (that subsequently disappeared) U.S. Republicans would be storming the white house.

In my opinion.

Hmm.. looks like a lot of Israel-firsters. But guess who runs the media..

Very happy Paul beat Grinch.

RDM
03-20-2012, 09:56 PM

In my opinion.

Can you post this in the NEW thread started by the NEW SuperPAC that's trying to win Texas for Paul? They could use this info.