PDA

View Full Version : Regardless how the 2012 election pans out -- what are we planning for 2013 and beyond?

Matthew Zak
03-20-2012, 03:35 PM
Sadly, a significant portion of "us" will vanish if Ron Paul isn't nominated. But many of us (you know who you are) will not be distracted or discouraged. The fight for liberty is all around us at all times and we are constantly fighting. Some times though, that fight is methodical, and other times it's scrappy and dirty. Have we thought about where we go from here?

1. If Ron Paul is president, how are we going to compliment his presidency?

2. If Ron Paul is not president, how are we going to continue the fight for liberty?

DonovanJames
03-20-2012, 03:38 PM
http://www.leadershipinstitute.org/Resources/files/The_Life_of_the_Party.pdf

Activism is active

tony m
03-20-2012, 03:42 PM
Verbal spreading of the Liberty message is done by all RP supporters. This will not end. However, this is not activism.

Efforts should be on consistent nudging to get all RP people to become precinct leaders/committee-people in their neighborhood districts. This is the whole ball of wax.

Part of this will also include understanding Republican party rules and Roberts rules of order.

Then it is just a numbers game. And we need the numbers to wolf pack towards Liberty.

mport1
03-20-2012, 03:42 PM
Free State Project (www.freestateproject.org) will be the most effective approach to achieving liberty in my opinion.

gerryb
03-20-2012, 03:45 PM

Activism is active

QFT +rep

Two goals:
Take over the local GOP
Elect a Constitutional Sheriff

tony m
03-20-2012, 03:46 PM

Activism is active

This article has some good stuff in it.

anewvoice
03-20-2012, 03:51 PM
I've begun decorating my space in guantanemo.

twomp
03-20-2012, 04:00 PM

LOLOLOL I might just have to negative rep you for making water come out my nose!! LMAO!

Orgoonian
03-20-2012, 04:21 PM
I'll be doing what i always do.
Trying to free Oregon from the grip of DC.
Volunteering for guys like Art Robinson http://www.artforcongress.com/promo/art/ron-paul/?utm_source=cs_ppc_facebook&utm_campaign=ad_0005
and keeping the idea of the state of Jefferson alive.

FSP is another great option as mentioned above,and if i was younger,i would move there in a heartbeat.
East coast people are kinda weird though:p

pen_thief
03-20-2012, 04:38 PM
The only thing I'll enjoy about the future if Ron Paul isn't president is heckling the ever-loving you-know-what out of the next "administration"
Also planning some civil disobedience, probably... :D

TheGrinch
03-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Quantanemo? You mean where they just put in an uber-expensive soccer field and get to go waterboarding (I'm not sure what that is, but it sounds like a lot of fun!). That should be quite relaxing in the Caribbean...

I'll be sure to write you from the FEMA camps. It will actually be kind of nice, surrounded by mostly liberty-minded people at least...

ZanZibar
03-20-2012, 04:43 PM
Rand Paul 2016

PolicyReader
03-20-2012, 04:52 PM
Sadly, a significant portion of "us" will vanish if Ron Paul isn't nominated. But many of us (you know who you are) will not be distracted or discouraged. The fight for liberty is all around us at all times and we are constantly fighting. Some times though, that fight is methodical, and other times it's scrappy and dirty. Have we thought about where we go from here?

1. If Ron Paul is president, how are we going to compliment his presidency?

2. If Ron Paul is not president, how are we going to continue the fight for liberty?

To my mind the simple answer to this is identify the most populace and organized voting bloc in your local area (define "area" as widely or locally as suits for your specific project) and figure out a candidate who will be a gain for liberty that stands a reasonable chance of being elected there.
There are people in the movement more suited to taking over the GOP, others more suited to taking over the Dems, and still others who could develop a more substantial 3rd party bid. All of the above are valid and valuable, we come from a cross-section of American culture and politics, let's act like it and start taking office and leadership roles across the whole spectrum as well. The whole of the political mechanic has been turned against liberty for quite some time, now we need to turn it the other direction.

The key will be when the dust settles that we not fall into failed habits of letting labels and trivial things like party registration tear this movement apart by dividing us once again into weakened disparate camps who will be swallowed up once again.

2c

BuddyRey
03-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Draft Tom Woods for a 2016 run!

LCG8928
03-20-2012, 05:28 PM
Whether Ron Paul does or doesn't become president we should take whatever steps possible to advance the Liberty Caucus within the Republican Party. If we are committed within time they could become the main wing of the party.

tbone717
03-20-2012, 05:31 PM
2013 is mostly local elections here in PA. I don't think there are many state offices up for grabs. There are two governor races, NJ & VA. VA is up for grabs as McDonnell is term limited out of office, so I am sure we will have a candidate or two to focus on there. NJ might not be worth the effort, it is a left leaning state to begin with and Christie is up for reelection. It would be nearly impossible to defeat him in a primary, so it might be a waste of money to try and go after him.

All in all the focus for me, and many others is the same as it has been for many years: work to get libertarian Republicans in office. Remembering always to work hard, but work smart.

tbone717
03-20-2012, 05:33 PM
To my mind the simple answer to this is identify the most populace and organized voting bloc in your local area (define "area" as widely or locally as suits for your specific project) and figure out a candidate who will be a gain for liberty that stands a reasonable chance of being elected there.
There are people in the movement more suited to taking over the GOP, others more suited to taking over the Dems, and still others who could develop a more substantial 3rd party bid. All of the above are valid and valuable, we come from a cross-section of American culture and politics, let's act like it and start taking office and leadership roles across the whole spectrum as well. The whole of the political mechanic has been turned against liberty for quite some time, now we need to turn it the other direction.

The key will be when the dust settles that we not fall into failed habits of letting labels and trivial things like party registration tear this movement apart by dividing us once again into weakened disparate camps who will be swallowed up once again.

2c

I bolded the part that needs to be remembered the most. Don't go chasing after windmills. If the seat is able to be challenged then we go after it, but don't run a candidate simply to run a candidate. Doing so is a waste of money and time, that can be better spent elsewhere. See my comments on the NJ Gov race above for an anexample./

cjm
03-20-2012, 05:50 PM
There are two governor races, NJ & VA....

Virginia also has elections for its House of Delegates in 2013. Redistricting by a GOP controlled government will be in effect for these races.

tangent4ronpaul
03-20-2012, 07:03 PM
When I see the gains we've made since 2008 as a percentage of the vote, I start having hope for this country.

Then I notice the percentage of the vote Santorum is getting and start surfing ex-patriot sites...