PDA

View Full Version : New Super PAC trying to win Texas for Ron Paul

libertskee
03-20-2012, 02:07 PM
http://www.PacLiberty.com

check it out for yourself it's a new super pac down in Texas that just picked up a nice list of 12 million potential voters. Texas will be a huge state for Ron and its his home state so we gotta help show him some love. There's big potential in Texas where people like their freedom and taking care of themselves unlike liberal states left to vote like mine so check out the website and help donate if you can so they can do their best to help him down the stretch.

SCOTUSman
03-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Wow. Great news. If they use all their resources in Texas, it can help. At the least. Texas is proportional....and we can rack up a ton of delegates there even with a strong showing without a win. A list of potential voters would be a big asset. Hopefully they have some funds.

gerryb
03-20-2012, 02:15 PM
Wow. Great news. If they use all their resources in Texas, it can help. At the least. Texas is proportional....and we can rack up a ton of delegates there even with a strong showing without a win. A list of potential voters would be a big asset. Hopefully they have some funds.

It is also a convention state -- so we can get the delegates without winning a single vote in the primary....

jFico89
03-20-2012, 02:17 PM

Heres some info for you about the Super PAC:

"Right now, the number one priority of this organization is to win the state of Texas for Ron Paul. If the grassroots is really serious about winning a brokered convention, then amassing delegates and finishing strong in the Texas primary is a PRIORITY.

We are currently setting up offices in Houston, Tyler, Nacogdoches and Austin (Headquarters). These locations should be fully functional mailing and call centers by the end of this week.

We plan on blanketing the state of Texas with phone calls, mailers, and candidate comparison sheets. We have data for approximately 12 million people, which is why it is absolutely imperative that we get volunteers to our offices to make phone calls.

We also plan to set up billboards on heavily traveled highways around Houston, Austin, and Dallas. We are in the process of designing billboards regarding electability, military donations, only Texan and veteran, etc.

One of the most important aspects of our operation is that we will be holding delegate-training sessions at our offices. It is vital that we fill the delegate slots with Ron Paul supporters. Please sign up for our blog, as more info about this will come out in the following weeks.

We have been fortunate enough to have a large donor funding the setup costs for this operation. So far, he has contributed over $160,000. Still, in order to win the State of Texas, we will need a massive influx of volunteers and donations.

This is why I am asking for the help of the Ron Paul Forums. I know the economy is tough right now, but for the future of our country, please donate as much as you can on our website. If you cant donate, please volunteer to make phone calls and stuff envelopes for us.

Our Website is far from finished right now, but it is up and running and accepting donations. We will have a Ron Paul style Money Bomb ticker up by Sunday.
Grassroots Patriots, please visit our site and donate as much as you can.

Please spread the word far and wide so we can change the course of history and win Texas! "

Bruno
03-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Billboards? Great to hear it. InB4 Matt Collins say they don't get people to vote.

PolicyReader
03-20-2012, 02:53 PM
Quoting OP intro to the new PAC from another thread (just for linking sake) jFico89 already covered the content. :)

I am delighted to introduce to you the Liberty For All Super PAC.

Right now, the number one priority of this organization is to win the state of Texas for Ron Paul. If the grassroots is really serious about winning a brokered convention, then amassing delegates and finishing strong in the Texas primary is a PRIORITY.

We are currently setting up offices in Houston, Tyler, Nacogdoches and Austin (Headquarters). These locations should be fully functional mailing and call centers by the end of this week.

We plan on blanketing the state of Texas with phone calls, mailers, and candidate comparison sheets. We have data for approximately 12 million people, which is why it is absolutely imperative that we get volunteers to our offices to make phone calls.

We also plan to set up billboards on heavily traveled highways around Houston, Austin, and Dallas. We are in the process of designing billboards regarding electability, military donations, only Texan and veteran, etc.

One of the most important aspects of our operation is that we will be holding delegate-training sessions at our offices. It is vital that we fill the delegate slots with Ron Paul supporters. Please sign up for our blog, as more info about this will come out in the following weeks.

We have been fortunate enough to have a large donor funding the setup costs for this operation. So far, he has contributed over $160,000. Still, in order to win the State of Texas, we will need a massive influx of volunteers and donations.

This is why I am asking for the help of the Ron Paul Forums. I know the economy is tough right now, but for the future of our country, please donate as much as you can on our website. If you cant donate, please volunteer to make phone calls and stuff envelopes for us.

Our Website is far from finished right now, but it is up and running and accepting donations. We will have a Ron Paul style Money Bomb ticker up by Sunday.
Grassroots Patriots, please visit our site and donate as much as you can.

Please spread the word far and wide so we can change the course of history and win Texas!

jFico89
03-20-2012, 03:00 PM
Billboards? Great to hear it. InB4 Matt Collins say they don't get people to vote.

We plan on having an electability billboard with a strong poll against Obama. We also are going to have a military donations billboard.

Any other suggestions for Billboards?

parocks
03-20-2012, 03:11 PM
I'll say they don't get people to vote. That's not really relevant.

We've got an entirely new PAC with no track record at all who wants 1) money from us and 2) volunteers from us. And what their plan is is to do what the campaign does?

And we think this is a good idea?

Isn't the Santa Rita PAC a handful of guys from Texas? They were able to not bug the grassroots for money and volunteers. We have an official campaign, you know, and what this PAC is doing is exactly what the official campaign is doing.

Liberty74
03-20-2012, 03:20 PM

I wouldn't concentrate on military donations. It doesn't do anything but make a statement.

I think a billboard saying stop policing the world and bring our troops home would be 100 times more effective.

jFico89
03-20-2012, 03:21 PM
I'll say they don't get people to vote. That's not really relevant.

We've got an entirely new PAC with no track record at all who wants 1) money from us and 2) volunteers from us. And what their plan is is to do what the campaign does?

And we think this is a good idea?

Isn't the Santa Rita PAC a handful of guys from Texas? They were able to not bug the grassroots for money and volunteers. We have an official campaign, you know, and what this PAC is doing is exactly what the official campaign is doing.

We are already garnering massive grassroots support in the Austin and Houston areas. Our opening meeting in Houston had around 60-70 grassroots volunteers there.

We have already raised $160,000 and we have massive amounts of voter data.

I understand your concerns and why you may be hesitant. If we can agree that a strong finish for Ron Paul in Texas is essential, it should be a priority to put in a concentrated effort here. Since the official campaign is not putting resources into this state, we are offering an alternative for people that want to contribute to the effort in Texas.

coffeewithchess
03-20-2012, 03:26 PM

They may not get people to vote, but it does build name-recognition...easily.
I drive the same highway 4-6 times a week for work, and if I saw a candidates billboard 20+ days, just the persons name...that would help in building his name-recognition. That being said though, it doesn't mean I will go vote...but if I do, perhaps I won't be lazy and will actually look up the candidate right?

seawolf
03-20-2012, 03:35 PM
Thank God, this is Great News.....with the Politico Article today stating the the Endorse Liberty SuperPac has virtually collapsed....why would anyone object to this new effort.

I agree that Texas and yes California, the Mother Lode of Delegates, are very important to getting a brokered convention.

Besides, the Official Campaign is on life support (No Money = No Campaign Events) and needs all the help it can get......

Tinnuhana
03-20-2012, 03:39 PM
Ask this PAC how much grassroots input they'll welcome: billboard design, etc. This could be a good creative outlet for some RpF members. Remember 99 Designs?

parocks
03-20-2012, 03:46 PM
We are already garnering massive grassroots support in the Austin and Houston areas. Our opening meeting in Houston had around 60-70 grassroots volunteers there.

We have already raised $160,000 and we have massive amounts of voter data.

I understand your concerns and why you may be hesitant. If we can agree that a strong finish for Ron Paul in Texas is essential, it should be a priority to put in a concentrated effort here. Since the official campaign is not putting resources into this state, we are offering an alternative for people that want to contribute to the effort in Texas.

You're saying that the official campaign will NOT be doing phone from home in Texas?

I would think that money should go to Robbie / rp08orbust / grassroots for liberty PAC / rp2012.org for phone calling. It's cheap and it works. He uses a different list than a voter list. His lists have a higher percentage of people who like Ron Paul.

Typical voters typically do not vote for Ron Paul.

You might want to target voters in a specific place, and develop plans to move those voters to the polls. Skip any persuasion at this point.

You seem to think that Austin is a promising target. I would tend to agree. Start doing voter registration in Austin. Deadline is soon.

I would not agree that a strong finish for Ron Paul in Texas is essential, except to the extent that there have been a lot of situations where X was essential, and X didn't happen.

How many delegates you think a ton of money is going to get in Texas?

I will say that this does not seem on it's face to be a "bad plan that will hurt Ron Paul." "Bad plan that will hurt Ron Paul" is a very common grassroots plan.

About Texas, I will say - it is a long way away (May 29), it is an open primary (helps Ron Paul) and is proportional by CD and At large. (As per Wikipedia).

If you're saying "we have 12 million people we need volunteers to call" that's pretty much crazy. Give the money to Robbie, let Robbie find the Ron Paul supporters with the robocalling. Robbie would probably say that what he does would be less than effective due to the sheer numbers of it all.

Try to achieve some great results somewhere in Texas, instead of trying to call 12 million people with volunteers.

parocks
03-20-2012, 03:47 PM
Ask this PAC how much grassroots input they'll welcome: billboard design, etc. This could be a good creative outlet for some RpF members. Remember 99 Designs?

Yes a "creative outlet". We will win if enough volunteers have "creative outlets." That's what's missing, "creative outlets."

parocks
03-20-2012, 03:49 PM
Thank God, this is Great News.....with the Politico Article today stating the the Endorse Liberty SuperPac has virtually collapsed....why would anyone object to this new effort.

I agree that Texas and yes California, the Mother Lode of Delegates, are very important to getting a brokered convention.

Besides, the Official Campaign is on life support (No Money = No Campaign Events) and needs all the help it can get......

Well, this PAC is asking for MONEY, and VOLUNTEERS. The official campaign NEEDS these things.

That's what the problem is, and that's why people would object.

parocks
03-20-2012, 03:50 PM
They may not get people to vote, but it does build name-recognition...easily.
I drive the same highway 4-6 times a week for work, and if I saw a candidates billboard 20+ days, just the persons name...that would help in building his name-recognition. That being said though, it doesn't mean I will go vote...but if I do, perhaps I won't be lazy and will actually look up the candidate right?

If we need name recognition at this point, it's over, we're doomed.

JohnDLG
03-20-2012, 04:23 PM
FWIW I think the most important thing to focus on right now is winning delegates at the County Conventions on April 14th or April 21st, if your county is holding precinct conventions then that is first.

We've got till May 29th to drum up voters. But we've got to got a month or sooner (if precinct conventions happen sooner) to fight for delegates.

IF y'all contact people who want to support Paul please see if they are willing to go to the conventions to be delegates or support Ron Paul delegates.

Apparition
03-20-2012, 04:35 PM
I wouldn't concentrate on military donations. It doesn't do anything but make a statement.

I think a billboard saying stop policing the world and bring our troops home would be 100 times more effective.

Military donation angle plays better in Texas where a lot of people are still under the "GO GET DEM DURR TERRORISTS" mentality.
They view Ron Paul as weak on foreign policy and the military donations over all other candidates combined kinda rings a bell to at least question the potential converts current view.

The military supports Ron Paul is the message you are trying to convey.

NoOneButPaul
03-20-2012, 04:39 PM
Please pacs, just poor everything you got into this and California.

UMULAS
03-20-2012, 04:44 PM
Make a thread to email spam Peter Thiel that liberty is in his hands and ask for a donation?

twomp
03-20-2012, 04:48 PM

I guess we're doomed already because folks like my mom think Dr. Paul has already dropped out. I'm sure she wouldn't think that if she saw a bigass billboard everyday to work. Lord knows Fox news won't tell her...

dante
03-20-2012, 04:55 PM
PACs need to get large donations and only large donations. A pac asking us for donations is counterproductive. We should be donating to the campaign until we have maxed out.

jFico89
03-20-2012, 05:19 PM
Please pacs, just poor everything you got into this and California.

We plan to move on to California after Texas.

jFico89
03-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Well, this PAC is asking for MONEY, and VOLUNTEERS. The official campaign NEEDS these things.

That's what the problem is, and that's why people would object.

There are already a ton of grassroots supporters in Texas that our actively trying to win their home state. This PAC is trying to harness that energy and put it to a productive use such as voter ID, conversion calls, delegate training, mailers, etc.

coffeewithchess
03-20-2012, 06:02 PM

We need to let voters know he is still in the race, as many may not even be sure with how the media covers it.
Local radio show, "Four GOP candidates still in the race...Santorum, Romney, and Gingrich." failed to mention RP by name.

QueenB4Liberty
03-20-2012, 08:53 PM
Sounds great! I want to be a delegate!

jFico89
03-20-2012, 09:15 PM
Sounds great! I want to be a delegate!

Sign up on our website and we will let you know when and where our delegate training sessions are!

libertarian4321
03-21-2012, 12:37 AM
This PAC has centers in Tyler and Nacogdoches, but none in Dallas or San Antonio?

Constitutional Paulicy
03-21-2012, 12:48 AM
We plan on having an electability billboard with a strong poll against Obama. We also are going to have a military donations billboard.

Any other suggestions for Billboards?

How about a billboard with a national debt clock in reverse counting backwards.