PDA

View Full Version : Paul Ryan new budget

smithtg
03-20-2012, 12:02 PM
http://paulryan.house.gov/Issues/Issue/?IssueID=56750

More GOP Bulls**t. Props up the Military industrial complex, and yes get this, only mentions the FED ONE TIME.

On Page 79 its funny how they talk about "foreign" debt holders but fail to mention the FED. Yeah because they are like a 'private' bond holder right?

at least he spent a quite a few pages on the fact that nobody wants to "reform" the largest spending areas in Medicare and SS

anyone else with comments?

tsai3904
03-20-2012, 12:17 PM
Budget doesn't balance until 2040.

Eliminates the sequester of automatic defense spending cuts and proposes more defense spending.

smithtg
03-20-2012, 12:25 PM
yes and i forgot to mention that the "two tax brackets" don't mention the cutoff. Took one from the Santorum book. His 'plan' is the same. Having two "groups/brackets" definitely gives no incentive for anyone on the edge of the 10% bracket to jump to the next bracket.

Lets say the 'break' is 100K. At 10% you pay 10K. At 101K you would pay 25K. You basically have to jump 20K in salary before you net much more. Sounds like Joy. Even if the break is 200K the bump would have to be even larger

How about ZERO tax Mr. Ryan?

Feeding the Abscess
03-20-2012, 02:39 PM
yes and i forgot to mention that the "two tax brackets" don't mention the cutoff. Took one from the Santorum book. His 'plan' is the same. Having two "groups/brackets" definitely gives no incentive for anyone on the edge of the 10% bracket to jump to the next bracket.

Lets say the 'break' is 100K. At 10% you pay 10K. At 101K you would pay 25K. You basically have to jump 20K in salary before you net much more. Sounds like Joy. Even if the break is 200K the bump would have to be even larger

How about ZERO tax Mr. Ryan?

I would venture to guess that it's a two-tiered progressive tax system, so the 25% would only apply on dollars over 100k.

In any event, this budget is a load of crap.