PDA

View Full Version : [Video] Ben Swann: GOP committee attempts to manipulate delegate process in Missouri

Tyler_Durden
03-20-2012, 07:40 AM
He just posted on his Facebook:

While all the media is watching the race in Illinois today, I'm looking at the real race for the Republican nomination. I've been telling you for months that it is all about delegates.

I interviewed Brent Stafford on what happened in Missouri over the weekend. Was the GOP conducting illegal business in order to steal delegates from Romney and Paul? Incredible video and Stafford's words, tonight.

Wednesday, I am talking with Frankie Brown out of Athens/Clarke County Georgia about the attempt to "steal" delegates there. I'll show you the video and talk with Brown.

Reality Check will be posted here tonight.

Edit: I'll post the link here tonight.

BTW, Frankie Brown is a new RPF member. We'll have to rep her for the interview. :)

FOX19 Link to the Video:
http://www.fox19.com/story/17205801/reality-check-gop-committee-attempts-to-manipulate-delegate-process-in-missouri

Tube added:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKe0dxBJy1A&sns=em
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKe0dxBJy1A

wgadget
03-20-2012, 07:52 AM
HUZZAH!

PolicyReader
03-20-2012, 01:41 PM
He just posted on his Facebook:

Edit: I'll post the link here tonight.

BTW, Frankie Brown is a new RPF member. We'll have to rep her for the interview. :)

Nice! and yes +rep for Frankie and all her efforts on behalf of liberty.

PolicyReader
03-20-2012, 03:12 PM
bump

FrankieBrown25
03-20-2012, 03:31 PM
Thanks =).

PolicyReader
03-20-2012, 05:10 PM
:D

kathy88
03-20-2012, 05:13 PM
SO psyched Frankie is a chick. LOL.

VCU for Ron Paul
03-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Just finished a killer Reality Check on the Missouri caucus chaos over the weekend... may be the best Reality Check yet.. tonight at 10

from his facebook bout an hour ago.

rb3b3
03-20-2012, 05:44 PM
This tube has got to go viral!!!! Send it to everyone you know!!!!!!!! My entire facebook will be seeing this video and twitter as well!!!!!!

Feelgood
03-20-2012, 06:17 PM
Stream?

Tyler_Durden
03-20-2012, 06:19 PM
Stream?

I think FOX19 only did a stream the night they had a 30min special. I'm assuming it was a test run. I don't believe Reality Check is streaming yet...

Edit: someone sent me this link for streaming. Not sure if it will work or not:

http://www.fox19.com/category/176484/fox19-wxix-live-streaming-from-19news

wgadget
03-20-2012, 07:07 PM
bumpeth

Tyler_Durden
03-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Bumping just in case the stream link is working.

DonovanJames
03-20-2012, 09:11 PM
It's not working for me with Chrome

jene277
03-20-2012, 09:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uXBVm6dJKg&feature=g-all-u&context=G2acfeb1FAAAAAAAABAA

TheGrinch
03-20-2012, 09:19 PM
If you're going to watch the tube, then at least watch it once on their site too. It is a really great thing that Raycom Media is allowing Ben to do this, and we need to show our gratitude by giving them the traffic for the videos. I know that the streaming is very expensive for them to host instead of youtube, and even moreso if we're not watching it on their site to justify it with traffic.

PolicyReader
03-20-2012, 09:27 PM
Tomorrows is going to be good too :)

Warmon
03-20-2012, 09:36 PM
Awesome report! Thank you Ben!

affa
03-20-2012, 09:49 PM
it saddens me that i'm amazed when a journalist actually investigates and reports the truth.

Tyler_Durden
03-20-2012, 10:05 PM
We should give FOX19 the video traffic too:

http://www.fox19.com/story/17205801/reality-check-gop-committee-attempts-to-manipulate-delegate-process-in-missouri

PolicyReader
03-20-2012, 10:08 PM
it saddens me that i'm amazed when a journalist actually investigates and reports the truth.
I feel the same

We should give FOX19 the video traffic too:

We certainly should. This is the link to use for sharing the report as well. Help support the station that reports the truth.

sailingaway
03-20-2012, 10:18 PM
I feel the same

We certainly should. This is the link to use for sharing the report as well. Help support the station that reports the truth.

Ben does have a youtube channel and the youtube will be up. We should wait to tweet it until we have that. That is the one I would put on the front page

PolicyReader
03-20-2012, 10:24 PM
Ben does have a youtube channel and the youtube will be up. We should wait to tweet it until we have that. That is the one I would put on the front page
It makes sense he'd have one, what doesn't make sense is that I haven't checked on it/didn't know until now :p

Do we know how this relates for traffic purposes compared to the direct site link?

sailingaway
03-20-2012, 10:41 PM
It makes sense he'd have one, what doesn't make sense is that I haven't checked on it/didn't know until now :p

Do we know how this relates for traffic purposes compared to the direct site link?

It is his official youtube channel so I presume they aggregate in some fashion.

RonRules
03-20-2012, 10:41 PM
I'm glad Ben didn't show Brent Stafford being arrested.

Ben Swan's reports are totally unlike what you see from the big MSM chains (and the press) like the NY Times covered this story.

puppetmaster
03-20-2012, 10:48 PM
Good stuff

Thanks Ben

PolicyReader
03-20-2012, 11:01 PM
It is his official youtube channel so I presume they aggregate in some fashion.

:)

Tyler_Durden
03-20-2012, 11:11 PM

Ben's Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BenSwannRealityCheck

PolicyReader
03-20-2012, 11:14 PM
Ben's Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BenSwannRealityCheck
Thank you Ben :cool:

Southerner
03-20-2012, 11:25 PM
HELL FUCKING YEAH!!!

J_White
03-20-2012, 11:46 PM
he smoked it again,
as someone said above, its in fact amazing to hear some truth in the midst of so much propaganda and biased opinions !

Brian4Liberty
03-21-2012, 12:54 AM
Another great report from Ben!

Justinfrom1776
03-21-2012, 12:59 AM
Awesome, this will be a great tool in recruiting more of my borderline type friends to the second caucus.

devil21
03-21-2012, 01:59 AM
That's the first time I saw the tyrant Chairman's response. He admitted they're terrified of us.

PaulineDisciple
03-21-2012, 03:36 AM
is there going to be a second caucus?

PauliticsPolitics
03-21-2012, 03:54 AM
is there going to be a second caucus?
Yes, there is allegedly now the intention for that. Dig around, there is a thread on it somewhere around here.

S.Shorland
03-21-2012, 04:12 AM
Will Dokes face any legal sanction? He admitted a conspiracy to defraud the 'rules'.Any civil action possible?

William R
03-21-2012, 05:14 AM
bump

nobody's_hero
03-21-2012, 05:56 AM
Please watch it on the that local news website linked in the original post, NOT on youtube (unless you want to watch it there as well to get the view-count up). They deserve the traffic for letting Ben Swann get away with stuff like this, lol.

Cabal
03-21-2012, 06:48 AM
I knew this kind of shenanigans would be happening at the delegate selections. It's bound to happen again, and again too. If this election isn't rigged, I don't know what else to call it.

MikeStanart
03-21-2012, 07:08 AM
Wow, amazing reporting there!

cartemj06
03-21-2012, 07:40 AM
Please watch it on the that local news website linked in the original post, NOT on youtube (unless you want to watch it there as well to get the view-count up). They deserve the traffic for letting Ben Swann get away with stuff like this, lol.

GET AWAY WITH? say what? let me fix it for you

Please watch it on the that local news website linked in the original post, NOT on youtube (unless you want to watch it there as well to get the view-count up). They deserve the traffic for Actually giving a fact based report, and employing/promoting ethical journalism instead of propaganda, lol.

123tim
03-21-2012, 08:26 AM
Awesome.

freejack
03-21-2012, 08:30 AM
GET AWAY WITH? say what? let me fix it for you

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. That's what he means.

FSP-Rebel
03-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Ben is such a pro

Justinfrom1776
03-21-2012, 10:31 AM
Will Dokes face any legal sanction? He admitted a conspiracy to defraud the 'rules'.Any civil action possible?

Jamie Allman released a statement regarding the Dokes interview.

"I sat on this morning's interview with St.Charles GOP Chairman Eugene Dokes for a full day. I wanted to be sure I heard everything right and that the brave Mr. Dokes was listened to in context.

My conclusion tonite: This debacle Saturday warrants a Federal voter fraud investigation and all emails, voice mails and written correspondence involving Mr. Dokes and the GOP Central Committee and the sub-committee appointed to administer the caucus need to be seized and reviewed...

The Romney, Paul and Santorum camps need to demand it.

After reviewing the tape of my interview with Mr. Dokes, it is my opinion that there were some officials in St. Charles County who DID NOT WANT a final delegate count and set the process up for collapse.

(I'll let you ask yourselves who had the most to gain from a "no decision".)

Why else would the GOP Central Committee and the sub-committee for rules appointed by Mr. Dokes

A) forego a Township level Caucus process engineered by almost EVERY OTHER COUNTY and instead stuff everyone into a gymnasium at Francis Howell and give them the impossible task of navigating Roberts Rules in those conditions?

B) take the unusual step of setting up a sure fight by pre-determining, in violation of Caucus process, that no cameras would be allowed, offering up the lame "privacy" excuse when EVERYONE HAD A FRIGGIN' WRISTBAND ON STATING WHO THEY SUPPORTED? and

C) call in police before the event even started?

I will call your attention to two points in the interview where Mr. Dokes indicated he was pressured by those who anticipated a heavy presence of Ron Paul supporters who he says were referred to as "libertarians" and not real Republicans.

At 4:02 Mr. Dokes indicates warnings from those who were fearful of a strong presence and at 4:43 Mr. Dokes states that the fear was based on the "the last caucuses" in 2008. Missouri has not had Caucuses for 20 years but we do know that in 2008 Ron Paul had a strong showing in St. Charles County.

The apparent fear was that certain individuals would try to "hijack" the process. But in the Caucus system that's not "hijacking", that's showing up for your candidate.

Ron Paul has made it his national campaign strategy to have his supporters swarm Township and County level Caucuses. That's not hijacking, that's getting out the vote.

Stuffing hundreds into one gym and barring cameras without a proper vote served many purposes: it definitely kept RP supporters in one pen and it tried to ensure cloak of darkness appointing of Caucus leaders.

It also inflamed those who knew better.

It is my opinion that the police were not called in to control rabble rousers but to help run interference as the Caucus leaders worked on the railroad. This is not a criticism of police. They were called, they respond.

But the most important statement from Mr. Dokes comes at 7:18 in the interview. This is where he outlines the intentions set forth by those who were telling him what to do.

Mr. Dokes says the goal was not to let "1%" of St. Charles County voters "get all the delegates" in "fairness to St. Charles County voters". I informed Mr. Dokes that it was certainly not the job of any Committee to decide who gets all the delegates or how and even if RP supporters make up "1%" of the County voters the reality is if they show up, they win. That's called a Caucus. If people don't show up for you that sucks for you.

It's NOT the job of any GOP official to make sure delegates are divided "fairly"..unless, of course, those GOP officials are trying to make a process go their way.

When Mr. Dokes even mentioned "delegates" and "we wanted to make sure" and "we didn't want" that's an automatic red flag, since there was no mention of what "the people" want.

Again, I simply urge you to consider who gains from this collapse and subsequent "no decision". And I would urge you to send a thank you to Mr. Dokes for being honest enough to help us heat up the hot poker that should eventually be inserted in multiple rear ends."