PDA

View Full Version : TSA video going viral. Share and let people know Paul's views...

FreedomDog
03-19-2012, 10:02 PM
So, saw this video linked on facebook yesterday that was uploaded on Saturday. At that point youtube showed about 2,000 views. Check on it today and it has over 400,000 views. I think this video is a pretty powerful example of just how bad big government has gotten and if we help spread it and spread Paul's opposition to this kind of thing at the same time it could help people understand why we love him. Just thought we might be able to get in on this early since from what I've seen in the jump in views makes me think it is about to really start spreading...

Posted it to my wall with my personal comment and a quote from Dr. Paul "So, how much longer exactly are people going to stand for this bullshit? "You can prevent crimes by becoming a police state. If you advocate the police state, yes, you can have safety and security, and you might prevent a crime, but the crime then will be against the American people and against our freedoms and we will throw out so much of what our revolution was fought for, so don’t do it so carelessly.""

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNO-AzPxS4U&feature=youtu.be

TheGrinch
03-19-2012, 10:14 PM
South Park did a parody about the TSA recently (which I'd like to hope is their unspoken support), so that might be contributing too.

PolicyReader
03-19-2012, 10:15 PM
Good find, going to quote this to the tweets thread and see if anyone more tweet savvy can condense it down for transmission via that format as well :)

reminds me a bit of this as well
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/306519_291950810873726_204592579609550_692598_2045 303589_n.jpg

PolicyReader
03-19-2012, 10:30 PM
Here's my best attempt to make it work for twitter
https://twitter.com/#!/ToddHunter4/status/181960066113605633

FreedomDog
03-19-2012, 10:32 PM
Edit

FreedomDog
03-19-2012, 11:30 PM
Lots of discussion of personal liberty going on in the comments section of this video, and sadly lots of people who think the TSA is justified in their actions. So, any help in educating these people would be great!

mport1
03-19-2012, 11:33 PM
Does youtube automatically remove Ron Paul related comments from the top comments section?

No

FreedomDog
03-19-2012, 11:39 PM
No

Yea, stupid question. Just bugged me, comment got a lot of likes and was sitting at the top of the page. Would have been nice if it had stayed there for more than a minute...

Brian4Liberty
03-19-2012, 11:50 PM
Lawyers.

PolicyReader
03-20-2012, 12:20 AM
Ok, shared around hope it helps more individuals realize how things are going and where we're headed with another four years of Obamney

JJ2
03-20-2012, 01:00 AM
Yea, stupid question. Just bugged me, comment got a lot of likes and was sitting at the top of the page. Would have been nice if it had stayed there for more than a minute...

The current top comment is a pro-Ron Paul comment. Everyone thumbs it up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNO-AzPxS4U&feature=player_embedded

JJ2
03-20-2012, 01:19 AM
The current top comment is a pro-Ron Paul comment. Everyone thumbs it up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNO-AzPxS4U&feature=player_embedded

Why are comments with less votes now the top comments???

I think someone is removing the Paul comments from top comments! Or do the recent comments receive priority even if they have only a few votes and are only a few minutes more recent???

EDIT: It looks like the latter really is the case. Strange...

One of the top comments now says:

I work for TSA we are required to check at least 20 children a day. Or else we get written up by the supervisor. It is really dumb, but they force this from upstairs.

Has anyone else heard this? I wonder if this can be confirmed.

singe22
03-20-2012, 05:50 AM
Why are comments with less votes now the top comments???

I think someone is removing the Paul comments from top comments! Or do the recent comments receive priority even if they have only a few votes and are only a few minutes more recent???

EDIT: It looks like the latter really is the case. Strange...

One of the top comments now says:

Has anyone else heard this? I wonder if this can be confirmed.

I worked for TSA from 07-2010. There is a process called Dynamic Screening. The sheet will say from 4:30-5:00 Do random stops on Electronics, or patdowns, etc. Never was a direct requirement to nab children. They just wanted 10-20 of this extra screening done every half hour according to the sheet or you would be subject to getting a write up.

ClydeCoulter
03-20-2012, 06:30 AM
There is one comment now that mentions liberty vs freedom vs neither quote at the top, but that's it and it has only 6 likes (1 mine).

It turns my stomach to see what is happening in our country.

vechorik
03-20-2012, 06:56 AM
Here's Ron Paul's best comment about the TSA == Jackboot thugs! At airports and on HIGHWAYS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk3O70lD270

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk3O70lD270

aloneinthewilderness
03-20-2012, 06:57 AM
It's disheartening, but not surprising to see the number of comments defending the TSA, saying this is no big deal.

pen_thief
03-20-2012, 07:26 AM
My head wants to explode reading most of those comments. I've left two. The other one was at top for awhile, but here's the latest:

He's just doing his job
He's just doing his job
He's just doing his job
By that logic, you would accept an ass beating if it was in someone's job description.
Pathetic.

(Sorry, lost my temper)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmfyaI1uQyE

Darthbrooklyn
03-20-2012, 07:32 AM
My head wants to explode reading most of those comments. I've left two. The other one was at top for awhile, but here's the latest:

He's just doing his job
He's just doing his job
He's just doing his job
By that logic, you would accept an ass beating if it was in someone's job description.
Pathetic.

(Sorry, lost my temper)

People are morons.... Its amazing how dumb people are

nobody's_hero
03-20-2012, 07:33 AM
Really I think the parents ought to be ashamed. I have no kids myself, but we're teaching the younger generation that this is "normal" America. This is what they are going to base the future standards of freedom on.

nobody's_hero
03-20-2012, 07:36 AM
I worked for TSA from 07-2010. There is a process called Dynamic Screening. The sheet will say from 4:30-5:00 Do random stops on Electronics, or patdowns, etc. Never was a direct requirement to nab children. They just wanted 10-20 of this extra screening done every half hour according to the sheet or you would be subject to getting a write up.

So a smart terrorist would just show up at 5:01. I'm glad you don't work there anymore. I'm happy we all found Ron Paul.

At what point do people just stop flying? I vow that so long as I live, I will never go through an airport. This stuff makes me wanna puke.

dean.engelhardt
03-20-2012, 07:44 AM
I hope this plane trip was to provide his son with a life saving medical procedure overseas. Otherwise, I could not imagine why a father would let a stranger touch his son's crotch while being strapped down. Did he really say "thank you"?

pen_thief
03-20-2012, 08:05 AM
Really I think the parents ought to be ashamed. I have no kids myself, but we're teaching the younger generation that this is "normal" America. This is what they are going to base the future standards of freedom on.

I had that same thought. :(

UtahApocalypse
03-20-2012, 08:07 AM
Turns out this video was from 2010. That means the TSA easily can say they have changed the policies since then,

singe22
03-20-2012, 12:26 PM
So a smart terrorist would just show up at 5:01. I'm glad you don't work there anymore. I'm happy we all found Ron Paul.

At what point do people just stop flying? I vow that so long as I live, I will never go through an airport. This stuff makes me wanna puke.

And at 5:01 there is a new target. The target changes every 30 mins and its not the same every time. I have to stay neutral on this ground because being a Army War vet, i thought at the time the job had a real purpose. But my feelings changed about the management and above. Things came down the line that made no sense, and i felt after my real world experience of seeing and learning about IED's in the Army had alot more justification compared to TSA's learn everything on a computer police which most just click forward till the end to say they finished lessons.

In the end they are just doing their job. The officers have no say in the policy for the most part. Some policies did get a adjustment when enough officers sent is suggestment cards reguarding the same thing. We may agree that its not the Governments role to be doing this and that it should be left to the private sector. The people you should be contacting are your government officals. They basically set the policies. Its easy to be ignorant about something you dont fully understand.

angelatc
03-20-2012, 12:38 PM

Posted it to my wall with my personal comment and a quote from Dr. Paul "So, how much longer exactly are people going to stand for this bullshit? .""

I'm willing to bet my house that's not a quote from Dr. Paul.

angelatc
03-20-2012, 12:41 PM
Ok, shared around hope it helps more individuals realize how things are going and where we're headed with another four years of Obamney

The TSA isn't an Obama creation.

FreedomDog
03-20-2012, 07:03 PM
^^^ My personal comment was the "So, how much longer exactly are people going to stand for this bullshit?" followed by the Ron Paul quote that was quoted in its own quotation marks. Thus the quote marks around his quote, within the whole overall quote of what I put on my wall. Paul's quote was the "You can prevent crimes by becoming a police state. So if you advocate the police state, yes, you can have safety and security and you might prevent a crime, but the crime then will be against the American people and against our freedoms." So, yea, never stated that he said the first part...

BlackTerrel
03-20-2012, 08:35 PM
Just posted to Facebook with a link to Ron Paul's page.

This is fucking nuts. Does ANYONE really think this kid is a threat? Anyone at all?

PolicyReader
03-20-2012, 08:39 PM
The TSA isn't an Obama creation.
I'm aware of that, what's your point?

BlackTerrel
03-20-2012, 08:40 PM

The kid is three years old what is he supposed to do make him panic or cry?

unknown
03-20-2012, 08:46 PM
http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t506/kensiko/dd395-choices.jpg

bunklocoempire
03-20-2012, 08:48 PM
So, saw this video linked on facebook yesterday that was uploaded on Saturday. At that point youtube showed about 2,000 views. Check on it today and it has over 400,000 views. I think this video is a pretty powerful example of just how bad big government has gotten and if we help spread it and spread Paul's opposition to this kind of thing at the same time it could help people understand why we love him. Just thought we might be able to get in on this early since from what I've seen in the jump in views makes me think it is about to really start spreading...

Posted it to my wall with my personal comment and a quote from Dr. Paul "So, how much longer exactly are people going to stand for this bullshit? "You can prevent crimes by becoming a police state. If you advocate the police state, yes, you can have safety and security, and you might prevent a crime, but the crime then will be against the American people and against our freedoms and we will throw out so much of what our revolution was fought for, so don’t do it so carelessly.""

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNO-AzPxS4U&feature=youtu.be

I would encourage sending it out along with the latest casualties like this:

http://www.njherald.com/story/17200003/us-military-deaths-in-afghanistan-at-1784
The latest identifications reported by the military:

2nd Lt. Clovis T. Ray, 34, of San Antonio, Texas; died Mar. 15 in Kunar province, Afghanistan of injuries suffered when insurgents attacked his unit with an improvised explosive device; assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 35th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division, Schofield Barracks, Hawaii.

Spc. Daquane D. Rivers, 21, of Marianna, Fla.; died March 14, from injuries sustained in a noncombat-related incident in Paktika province, Afghanistan; assigned to 2nd Battalion, 28th Infantry Regiment, 172nd Infantry Brigade, Grafenwoehr, Germany.

Staff Sgt. Jesse J. Grindey, 30, of Hazel Green, Wis.; died March 12, in Kandahar province, Afghanistan; assigned to 287th Military Police Company, 97th Military Police Battalion, 89th Military Police Brigade, Fort Riley, Kan.

And this:

“If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. Of all the enemies to public liberty, war is perhaps the most to be dreaded because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes; and armies, and debts, and taxes are the known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few. The loss of liberty at home is to be charged to the provisions against danger, real or imagined, from abroad.”
— James Madison

I will be pondering Madison, Paul, the 4th amendment, and the deaths of my fellow countrymen as I again go through TSA this week on my travels in my Country, the U.S.
:mad:

mosquitobite
03-20-2012, 08:50 PM
These videos of kids being pat down make me SO SAD.

And yes, I would be a royal PITA to any TSA officer that put my kid through that. If my kid started crying, perhaps they'd grow a BRAIN and stop.

bunklocoempire
03-20-2012, 08:52 PM

As Derek Smalls looks on...

PolicyReader
03-20-2012, 08:55 PM

The TSA providing a full range of airport solutions. As with all bureaucratic creations effectiveness is optional

libertarian4321
03-21-2012, 01:06 AM
That 3-year old kid with a broken leg was clearly a terrorist, as was the crippled old woman that they were also screening.

Thank God we have the TSA protecting us from toddlers and octogenarians!

I know I feel safe now...

Czolgosz
03-21-2012, 01:17 AM
If it were possible to educate enough people that their lack of freedom is a bad thing, said people would have risen up and fought the system with great fervor at some point in the last 100 years. A collective must formed, and rights asserted. Said collective will have to continually battle power mongers to preserve aforementioned rights. And what do we know about tyrants? They'll cage or kill you to keep that power. These are constants.

Svenskar_för_Ron_Paul
03-21-2012, 01:30 AM
I hope noone is blaming the officers... Think about the Milligram experiment. I was disgust either way and actually shred a tear...

jclay2
03-21-2012, 04:39 AM
My family had the same experience with my little sister. She has autism and has many stomach issues that make her unable to digest any real food. The only way for her to "eat" is to have a machine pump liquids into her stomach. Anyway, she received a Make A Wish trip in 2010 to go with her family to Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas. When we went through security at the airport, my little sister was taken aside for this essential medical device that she must have attached to her at all times. They took my sister to a separate screening area to do a pat down on her (they have no loopholes for medical issues). A tsa lady then proceeded with the patdown of my sister by saying, "ok honey, we are going to play a game with you". The "game" that she was referring to was the tsa woman feeling around my sister in ways that in normal society would land you in prison for child molestation. It was truly sickening. A pedophile's paradise.

Nataly
03-21-2012, 05:54 AM
It becomes clear now that signing petitions doesn’t actually lead to any real change or action. We have one more option left: let’s show our protest by filling all major news and travel websites with ads calling to abolish the TSA!

http://www.adbacker.com/abolish-the-tsa/
over 1,000,000 ads funded by 79 backers

Czolgosz
03-21-2012, 09:28 AM
Oh no, the INTJ's are protesting! *tyrant giggle*