PDA

View Full Version : Americans Elect Steps Up Attacks On Democracy: Now A Corporate Board Decides Who’s On And

Agorism
03-19-2012, 09:44 PM
Americans Elect Steps Up Attacks On Democracy: Now A Corporate Board Decides Who’s On And Off The Ballot

http://irregulartimes.com/index.php/archives/2012/03/17/americans-elect-steps-up-attacks-on-democracy-now-a-corporate-board-decides-whos-on-and-off-the-ballot/

PaulConventionWV
03-19-2012, 09:49 PM
Americans Elect Steps Up Attacks On Democracy: Now A Corporate Board Decides Who’s On And Off The Ballot

http://irregulartimes.com/index.php/archives/2012/03/17/americans-elect-steps-up-attacks-on-democracy-now-a-corporate-board-decides-whos-on-and-off-the-ballot/

*sigh*

I hate it when people mistakenly call our system, or refer to the system we are supposed to have, as Democracy. We don't want a democracy of any kind. This happens even with those "educated" ones who supposedly know all about the US Constitution and still say we are striving for a Democracy. They never even make the distinction. It's just sad.

PatriotOne
03-19-2012, 10:29 PM
I assumed this would be done fraudently. I was wrong. They are quite open about them deciding who you will be allowed to vote for now. They just pulled a bait and switch.

Oh and can we now stop with all the bullshit about American Elect being a good idea to support? Several of us warned ya all that this is yet another globalist NWO back up plan to hijack the elections.

Schiff_FTW
03-19-2012, 11:34 PM
*sigh*

I hate it when people mistakenly call our system, or refer to the system we are supposed to have, as Democracy. We don't want a democracy of any kind. This happens even with those "educated" ones who supposedly know all about the US Constitution and still say we are striving for a Democracy. They never even make the distinction. It's just sad.

The Republic died with the 17th amendment. However I do agree we don't have a democracy; twenty-first century America is an oligarchy.

Lishy
03-20-2012, 12:08 AM
Can someone explain what's going on here with the AE and corporate board thing?

Philhelm
03-20-2012, 11:07 AM
*sigh*

+1776

specsaregood
03-20-2012, 11:10 AM
This isnt' news. They had this on the site at the very beginning when people started coming here spamming it. It has always been a false hope.

Romulus
03-20-2012, 11:20 AM
This isnt' news. They had this on the site at the very beginning when people started coming here spamming it. It has always been a false hope.

Or a way to railroad Ron Paul if he were to face off against Obummer

Aratus
03-20-2012, 11:21 AM
plutocracy = plutocracy
someone pays the piper

PaulConventionWV
03-20-2012, 05:41 PM
The Republic died with the 17th amendment. However I do agree we don't have a democracy; twenty-first century America is an oligarchy.

You got that right. Some people have even argued that the president is a monarch.

ClydeCoulter
03-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Who the hell are they (AE)? And what have they got to do with anything? (I thought the article would give me a clue)

Lishy
03-20-2012, 06:46 PM
Yeah, I don't understand what's going on either. Someone PLEASE explain!

Peace&Freedom
03-20-2012, 07:04 PM
At least one member of the Rothschild family was involved with AE, which told me all you needed to know about the project.

Chester Copperpot
03-20-2012, 07:08 PM
Can someone explain what's going on here with the AE and corporate board thing?

THis is old news.

AE will have a board of directors decide who goes on their ballot... the "people" wont have any say in it

Agorism
03-20-2012, 07:08 PM
Isn't this self-explanatory? The members, delegates, etc who participate within the American's elect system have no actual power. For instance in the Libertarian party, a bunch of people can show up to the national convention and try to elect Mike Gravel who was a far left liberal as the nominee, and if he had gotten enough votes in 2008, he would have won. He came fairly close.

With Americans Elect, all the voting on the internet stuff is just for show. It's actually a corporate board who makes the decisions or allows people to choose between prechosen candidates, etc.

They pretend they are some sort of a political party, but they are not.

NewRightLibertarian
03-20-2012, 07:12 PM
Oh wow looks like all the conspiracy theorists were right about AE being a sham. Whodathunkit?

dannno
03-20-2012, 07:15 PM
*sigh*

There's a difference between a Democracy and using democratic processes. Democracy is pure mob rule, whereas a Republic often uses democratic processes for elections and such.

The OP was saying that they are taking the democratic processes out of Americans Elect by appointing a corporate board who decides who is on the ballot.

The people SHOULD be deciding on our Presidents and leaders, but those Presidents and leaders should not be taking away rights from individuals.

Esoteric
03-20-2012, 07:17 PM
Like you couldn't see this coming, with a Rockerfeller family member behind it LOL.. It should be called "America's Bankers Insurance Policy Against an Undesirable Nominee"

Zippyjuan
03-20-2012, 07:34 PM
The way it was originally set up gave corporate heads the biggest voice in nominating candidates so I am not surprised by this at all.

Keith and stuff
03-20-2012, 07:46 PM
We don't want a democracy of any kind.

We kinda of do and have for 100s of years in small Northern New England towns. Some of those towns have 2-4 town meetings a year where the voters meet and spend hours debating and voting on budgets and other issues. Statewide in any state or nationally, I completely agree with you. Though, in small town New Hampshire, something close to Democracy is alive and well.

In 1854, American author, poet, and political thinker Henry David Thoreau said, in a speech entitled "Slavery in Massachusetts":
“ When, in some obscure country town, the farmers come together to a special town-meeting, to express their opinion on some subject which is vexing the land, that, I think, is the true Congress, and the most respectable one that is ever assembled in the United States. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Town_meeting#In_the_United_States

ClydeCoulter
03-20-2012, 08:26 PM
I guess I'm still lost as to what AE is. It has no bearing on our election process. Is it some mock thing?

Pauls' Revere
03-20-2012, 08:39 PM
Corporatocracy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporatocracy

All we do is elect (sic) the C.E.O. of the world.

Agorism
03-21-2012, 10:34 PM
Post on dailyPaul. idk if this is an actual picture on their page or photoshopped

http://i39.tinypic.com/x6gz9t.png

http://www.dailypaul.com/222226/hahaha-so-i-think-we-may-have-really-ticked-off-the-americans-elect-gang