PDA

View Full Version : Eugene Dokes - The Thread of Material Misrepresentations (Lies of a Material Nature)

Tyler_Durden
03-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Just to keep it simple and concise, I wanted to have a thread dedicated to any interviews, statements, press releases, etc. that documents the conflicting information provided by St. Charles County temporary GOP Committee Chairman and current candidate for MO State Representative, District 70. I'm highlighting the verifiable inconsistencies in RED.

EXHIBIT 1:

"Much of the ire for what transpired Saturday has been directed at Eugene Dokes, who, as chairman of the county's GOP committee, played a key role in leading the caucus.

Dokes said he grew concerned Saturday after supporters of White House hopeful Ron Paul were "beginning to get physical.""

At one point there was four or five people surrounding me," Dokes recalled Sunday. "I didn't think it was safe."

Dokes said, "We were asked by the police to shut it down" although police in St. Peters, where the event was held, issued a statement Saturday saying it was organizers who decided to disband the meeting."

Source: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/st-charles-county-republicans-embarrassed-by-caucus-shutdown/article_d295a24e-a949-5c94-82e3-63951ca223b1.html

EXHIBIT 2:

"It definitely got wild," Eugene Dokes, the county Republican chairman, told the Associated Press after the aborted caucus, claiming that: "I had to tell a number of people not to approach me, not to come from behind me and not to scream at me. I think there was the possibility of someone trying to inflict personal injury or harm to me."

Source: http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/11237-gop-establishment-shuts-down-missouri-caucus-to-avoid-paul-victory

EXHIBIT 3:

"The second issue was the selection of the caucus chair which St Charles County GOP Chairman Eugene Dokes addressed:

“It was not our intention to disenfranchise anyone from exercising their free speech rights,” said Chairman Dokes. I deeply apologize for any confusion during the process. We worked hard to follow Robert’s Rules of Order. We put together house rules, and conducted a voice vote. Adding to the confusion was the fact that many people were handed copies of rules before the caucus that were not approved by the rules committee. Many became aggressive and belligerent when asked to follow house rules. At one point, a woman’s hat was ripped off of her head and thrown on the floor and at least 5 people rushed the podium. We would have continued the meeting after the selection of the chair but the police
asked us to shut it down.”

Dokes also declared his intention to ensure St Charles County is fully represented throughout the process: “I am working with the state party and with all the campaigns to find a solution to make sure that St. Charles County is represented at the congressional, state, and national conventions. It is my highest priority to make sure that we will not lose any delegates.”

Source: http://mopns.com/2012/03/19/statement-from-st-charles-county-republican-committee-on-saturdays-caucuses/

trey4sports
03-19-2012, 05:02 PM
there were no less than 15 cops in the building for one, and secondly there were cops surrounding the chair the whole time. Dude is a total BITCH.

KingNothing
03-19-2012, 05:44 PM
This is one of the most obvious failures to follow procedure yet. And that is saying something.

Dokes is a joke. I don't even see how it's up for debate --- he's a crook. He continues to lie, in spite of VIDEO evidence.

PolicyReader
03-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Here, I think this can contribute some more fodder

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/311114/3/St-Charles-GOP-issues-statement-on-Saturdays-disorderly-caucus

wgadget
03-19-2012, 06:25 PM
Lies and damn lies.

PolicyReader
03-19-2012, 06:32 PM
Lies and damn lies.
Reminded me of this

"There is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress."

See, now local party members can get in on it too (or maybe guys like Dokes are just practicing for the big leagues :p )

Tyler_Durden
03-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Here, I think this can contribute some more fodder

Thanks! Got it from a different source in exhibit 3. ;)

I also found an article that indicated Dokes labeled himself as "uncommitted". If evidence ever presents itself indicating he's an actual Santorum supporter before and up to the date of the Caucus, that would great!

AnythingButPaper
03-19-2012, 06:37 PM
great post, like the idea! My only suggestion is that you highlight all Dokes quotes in red cause they are all lies. Keep up the good work :D

PolicyReader
03-19-2012, 06:57 PM
Thanks! Got it from a different source in exhibit 3. ;)

I also found an article that indicated Dokes labeled himself as "uncommitted". If evidence ever presents itself indicating he's an actual Santorum supporter before and up to the date of the Caucus, that would great!

Why so you did :)
I was so keyed in on him saying
We worked hard to follow Robert’s Rules of Order and didn't see it in red so I didn't realize ;)

Tyler_Durden
03-19-2012, 07:25 PM
Why so you did :)
I was so keyed in on him saying and didn't see it in red so I didn't realize ;)

Ah yes. The Rule of Orders. There's so much I want to put in red, but I only want to redden the things we can refute with evidence. The videos and police presence pretty much refute that he was in fear for his safety.

In Exhibit 1 last sentence, the statement from police indicating the organizers cancelled the caucus (as opposed to Dokes alleging police cancelled it) is in red, but I wish we had the actual police report or written statement to corroborate the police version. Nonetheless, the benefit of doubt regarding this contradiction between Dokes and police goes to the police....Therefore, I count it as a misrepresentation by Dokes.

J_White
03-19-2012, 10:35 PM
what a lying dick ! if there were no videos, he could have been saying he was beaten up !!

PolicyReader
03-20-2012, 02:00 PM
any new info for this thread? I know it's all likely being addressed in other ways by now but it's kind of like watching a car crash it's just hard to stop watching him dig himself into deeper and deeper holes

PolicyReader
03-20-2012, 10:00 PM
I was going to splice parts of this video with the interview he gave on Allman today because I think there might be some inconsistencies between the two but for now, here is the longer edit. I think it's interesting, see what you spot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPt0X5NzkzU

It's an edited down 30 minute video which was posted in a thread here yesterday. I can't find the post and the webpage that this video came from though (I scraped it yesterday). Does anyone remember the webpage this video was on?

Notice at the end where he says he introduced a bylaw to prevent himself from endorsing any candidate because he felt that sort of thing was immoral.
:cool:

ronpaulhawaii
06-23-2016, 11:21 PM
Four years later, in the #KarmaIsABitch dept...

GOP Chair Pleads Guilty to Stealing Government Benefits

Pro tip: If you're trying to con the government out of benefits by claiming you're too disabled to work, better not to run for office — much less publish two books and register six new businesses with government agencies....

http://www.riverfronttimes.com/newsblog/2016/06/23/gop-chair-pleads-guilty-to-stealing-government-benefits