PDA

View Full Version : My results: I side 79% with Ron Paul

augustusIV
03-19-2012, 03:44 PM
I side with Ron Paul and Gary Johnson at 79%. In reality I definitely side with Ron Paul more. I wish they would include a question about the
federal reserve (Johnson is not as anti-fed as Paul).

http://www.isidewith.com/results/3292721

DerailingDaTrain
03-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Test is BS

Should the U.S. intervene in the affairs of other countries?

Ron Paul: No

You: Yes, but only in matters of self defense

They said that I didn't agree with Ron on foreign policy. That's Ron Paul's policy...what's up with that? If we were attacked he would react in self defense right?

nf7mate
03-19-2012, 06:02 PM
Absolutely. Ron Paul espouses the Just War Theory, which supports war as an act of self-defense.

augustusIV
03-19-2012, 06:19 PM
I thought "intervene" meant pre-empt i.e. Bush and Iraq.

KCIndy
03-19-2012, 06:19 PM
Test is BS

They said that I didn't agree with Ron on foreign policy. That's Ron Paul's policy...what's up with that? If we were attacked he would react in self defense right?

Unfortunately, this is one of the big public misconceptions of Ron Paul. :( He doesn't believe in taking aggressive interventionist action (aka "throwing the first punch") but he has absolutely no qualms about fighting in self defense.

augustusIV
03-19-2012, 06:31 PM
Unfortunately, this is one of the big public misconceptions of Ron Paul. :( He doesn't believe in taking aggressive interventionist action (aka "throwing the first punch") but he has absolutely no qualms about fighting in self defense.

He will do whatever it takes to protect our borders but will not make the U.S. an occupying power.

03-19-2012, 07:28 PM
86%
Ron Paul
I side the most with Ron Paul on issues of Foreign Policy, the Economy, Healthcare, and Immigration. More info
74%
Gary Johnson
I side the most with Gary Johnson on issues of the Economy, Foreign Policy, Healthcare, and Science. More info

bluesc
03-19-2012, 07:37 PM
Ron Paul 76%

I side the most with Ron Paul on issues of Foreign Policy, Healthcare, Immigration, and Social. More info

Gary Johnson 70%

I side the most with Gary Johnson on issues of the Economy, Healthcare, and Science. More info

Rick Santorum 66%

I side the most with Rick Santorum on issues of Immigration, the Environment, and Social. More info

Mitt Romney 65%

I side the most with Mitt Romney on issues of Immigration, the Environment, and Social. More info

skyorbit
03-19-2012, 07:48 PM
http://www.isidewith.com/results/3432296 There's saying I'm with Paul 89% and Rommney 71%. THey're polar opposites. LOL

dannno
03-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Horrible test.

trey4sports
03-19-2012, 08:02 PM
all i can say.......

is that some of you need to be sent to liberty reeducation camp

I kid, i kid :)

ronpaulfollower999
03-19-2012, 08:11 PM
It says Ron Paul wants federal subsidies for US farmers. Ummm.....

Supernaut
03-19-2012, 08:14 PM

Ron Paul doesn't believe in state sanctioned war of any kind, and the idea that we would ever need to fight one for self defense is absolutely preposterous.

soulcyon
03-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Lol they have alot of the Ron Paul answers wrong. I honestly think I should be 90+%, but I got 75% on the test.

Ron Paul: "No, we should instead enact legislation that would prevent banks from becoming too big to fail"

that is completely untrue, because in a natural business cycle, those banks will never become that big (imo). How would any legislation prevent bank failure if the bank owners just act stupid?

opinionatedfool
03-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Would have been a nice test if the questions were better.

augustusIV
03-19-2012, 10:17 PM
It says Ron Paul wants federal subsidies for US farmers. Ummm.....

What's the Paul campaign's official position on this? He sends subsidies back to his district every year: http://farm.ewg.org/regionsummary.php?fips=TX14

MaxPower
03-19-2012, 10:46 PM
Test is BS

I think by "self-defense," they're talking about policies like a preemptive bombing of Iran "to stop them from getting a nuclear weapon." After all, the very word "intervene" implies that you're meddling in something that did not naturally involve you at first; you wouldn't say that you "intervened in your neighbor's affairs" if you knocked him out after he crossed into your yard and started attacking your family. On the other hand, if you decided you felt threatened by your neighbor because of his gun collection, went over and smashed it, you would be "intervening" and would probably chalk it up (wrongly) to "self-defense." This is what I believe is meant, though it is definitely confusing and I recognize the validity of your objection.

ronpaulfollower999
03-19-2012, 10:47 PM
What's the Paul campaign's official position on this? He sends subsidies back to his district every year: http://farm.ewg.org/regionsummary.php?fips=TX14

They went to his district, but did he vote for the bill that actually appropriated the money?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BASVCCLA3A

MaxPower
03-19-2012, 10:48 PM
I scored 84% Ron Paul, along with 82% R. Lee Wrights (?) and 80% Gary Johnson. The test is an interesting idea, but their execution is certainly flawed.

Joshua2585
03-19-2012, 10:55 PM
86% w RP

83% GJ

74% RS

64% MR

thequietkid10
03-20-2012, 06:34 PM
http://www.isidewith.com/results/3501451

I got a weird numbers, although I do like Governor Johnson

GJ 89% (whom I do like)
RP 65%
Mitt 64%
Newt 50%

I guess I'm a what then, an establishment libertarian? A libertarian leaning republican? A pragmatic libertarian? a LINO?

Although

Should we expand our offshore oil drilling?

Ron Paul: No, end all offshore oil drilling

You: Yes

wait what? Paul wants to end off shore drilling. that doesn't sound very Paul like.

Also I think Paul and I would both agree that there are millions of Americans who rely on Social Security and Medicare and that we will have to reform it before abolishing it. It's going to be a long term process.

bluesc
03-20-2012, 06:36 PM
http://www.isidewith.com/results/3501451

I got a weird numbers, although I do like Governor Johnson

GJ 89% (whom I do like)
RP 65%
Mitt 64%
Newt 50%

I guess I'm a what then, an establishment libertarian? A pragmatic libertarian? a LINO?

A fiscally conservative, non-interventionist Democrat?

thequietkid10
03-20-2012, 08:00 PM
A fiscally conservative, non-interventionist Democrat?

Or a non interventionist, deficit hawk, moderate Republican?

I like most libertarians believe that marriage should be contracted privately, not with any state involvement.

I'm conflicted on abortions, preferably there should be none, but I understand that mistakes are made and "accidents" happen.

I do not believe that conception must be the cut off point for child birth prevention, rather the development of mental capacities (which happen around the 10th week IIRC) I also believe that the state should not stop the mother from making a life saving decision. Abortions after the 10 week can only be when the mother's life is in danger, no rape or incest exceptions. If you didn't take advantage of the opportunity, during the first 10 weeks, it's your problem

I was for Afghanistan (although it's time to GTFO)
against Iraq, and against Iran.

Maybe I'm naive but I don't see the Federal Reserve as being part of an evil plot I don't think it is Ben Bernanke's job to redistribute wealth from the poor to the rich. Nor do I think he sees it that way. That being said, when the fed "stimulates" the economy and the banks who benefit from this then invest in stocks, he is redistributing from the poor to the rich.

My biggest issue is the national debt. It's a long term bipartisan problem going back decades. I don't need to abolish the welfare state, many poor and disabled people rely on it. But it needs to cut back (along with everything in government). I would love a politician to stand up and say, "everyone who relies on government spending is going to have to give a little bit back." Entitlement reforms, discretionary cuts, pay freezes or pay reductions from all federal workers, President on down. Defense cuts, ending most if not all tax breaks, all of it. A balanced budget amendment would be nice too.