PDA

View Full Version : Prime Time Money Bomb ---- 5-7 minute Ad

No Free Beer
03-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Hello all,

We are all pretty annoyed at the results, even though I do think we are actually winning right now because of delegates.

But, I was just talking with RonPaulRules and we were talking about how A LOT of the American public doesnt even know who Ron Paul is.

I used to think that they at least know who he is. Well, even if they do, they dont really know his position. the only time they hear about Ron Paul is when the media bash him or make him look 'kooky.' I made a thread well before Super Tuesday, promoting the idea for a Prime Time Ron Paul Commercial that lasts 5-7 minutes. I know it seems a little late for this, but in my opinion, it's never too late. If Ron can just directly talk to a lot of Americans for 5-7 minutes, I believe a lot could change and he could possibly win some states, outright. I want to hear all of your input because I think it's healthy.

What do you all think?

sorry, I wrote this so quickly, I am in school.

RonPaulRules
03-19-2012, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I know it is kind of late for this but I still think if we promoted a specific money bomb aimed towards this goal "Prime Time Money Bomb" it will go viral. People would love to know the money they are donating will go to something they can see on television, nation wide. This will allow for a greater amount of money to be raised since this wont come cheap. Everyone I know that loves Ron Paul usually saw one of his YouTube videos, and this is what really brought them to be so into Ron Paul. Think of this TV spot as that... just for the entire country.

sailingaway
03-19-2012, 02:39 PM
If we can clear copyright I would love to see this new video on cable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=82wfE8xuQ5U

AND it could advertise the NEXT moneybomb so it does double duty....

No Free Beer
03-19-2012, 02:41 PM
If we can clear copyright I would love to see this new video on cable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=82wfE8xuQ5U

AND it could advertise the NEXT moneybomb so it does double duty....

so u think it's a legit idea?

sailingaway
03-19-2012, 02:42 PM
so u think it's a legit idea?

I think we should bounce it around. the campaign needs money directly, and we should think about that. I think it is a great idea, but I am concerned about cutting into what the campaign needs too. I'd like to hear more people's thoughts on it.

No Free Beer
03-19-2012, 02:46 PM
I think we should bounce it around. the campaign needs money directly, and we should think about that. I think it is a great idea, but I am concerned about cutting into what the campaign needs too. I'd like to hear more people's thoughts on it.

i just feel as though we need to change something up. we need to hit people directly. i love that ron is having town halls and these jam packed events, but we need to reach more people.

Sematary
03-19-2012, 02:50 PM
It's a good idea and honestly, looking at the prices, I don't understand why the campaign hasn't done it. Here is a nice link to advertising rates for prime time spots (30 seconds) - http://adage.com/article/ad-age-graphics/american-idol-spots-priciest-prime-time/146495/
I'm fairly certain getting even a single 5 minute ad would cost a bundle but rather than "lose the audience", wouldn't it be better to say - have 5 or 6 one minute spots throughout a show? Each spot could focus on something different. Just throwing it out there.

sailingaway
03-19-2012, 02:51 PM
i just feel as though we need to change something up. we need to hit people directly. i love that ron is having town halls and these jam packed events, but we need to reach more people.

I agree, and if the CAMPAIGN agreed to specifically target something tangible, it might be good too.

sailingaway
03-19-2012, 02:51 PM
It's a good idea and honestly, looking at the prices, I don't understand why the campaign hasn't done it. Here is a nice link to advertising rates for prime time spots (30 seconds) - http://adage.com/article/ad-age-graphics/american-idol-spots-priciest-prime-time/146495/
I'm fairly certain getting even a single 5 minute ad would cost a bundle but rather than "lose the audience", wouldn't it be better to say - have 5 or 6 one minute spots throughout a show? Each spot could focus on something different. Just throwing it out there.

There were people posting really inexpensive ways to get time and there are people here who know how to do it, I think.

RonPaulRules
03-19-2012, 02:53 PM
Yeah were worried "the campaign needs our funds for other things they have lined up" but I feel if we dont do this. those ideas the campaign has wont matter. We need to go all out.

Esoteric
03-19-2012, 02:57 PM
How exactly do you plan on getting a 4+ minute ad bloc? How do you plan on getting an ad bloc over 1 minute, on any channel, anywhere?

PauliticsPolitics
03-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Just for reference:
The price for one 30 second national primetime commercial is about $125k per slot. (source (http://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/99628/))
So that is something like $1.5mil for a 6 minute spot to air once. (This of course assumes that a network would find such an unusual block of time.)
Considering that half of the states have already voted, it seems like a national ad campaign would be monetarily inefficient.

I would suggest something slightly more targeted, even if still somewhat broad - perhaps statewide?
I think it would make more sense to chose a delegate-rich state like California or Texas, and run ads targeted at the relevant issues in that state.

PauliticsPolitics
03-19-2012, 03:04 PM
I should add, I am not sold that any mass primetime TV is realistic or efficient - just that a more targeted approach is more efficient and realistic.

sailingaway
03-19-2012, 03:10 PM
Just for reference:
The price for one 30 second national primetime commercial is about $125k per slot. (source (http://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/99628/))
So that is something like $1.5mil for a 6 minute spot to air once. (This of course assumes that a network would find such an unusual block of time.)
Considering that half of the states have already voted, it seems like a national ad campaign would be monetarily inefficient.

I would suggest something slightly more targeted, even if still somewhat broad - perhaps statewide?
I think it would make more sense to chose a delegate-rich state like California or Texas, and run ads targeted at the relevant issues in that state.

You could even just target the proper districts in CA and TX for delegates. I don't know how promising TX is but CA has definitely got districts to target.... Proportional by district here.

Comedy central.... before the deadline to register in May....

PauliticsPolitics
03-19-2012, 03:12 PM
You could even just target the proper districts in CA and TX for delegates. I don't know how promising TX is but CA has definitely got districts to target.... Proportional by district here.
Yes - and CA is also far enough away that proper strategy can be assessed. I believe HEAVY rotation/saturation in certain CA districts would be more cost efficient than many other options.

No Free Beer
03-19-2012, 04:23 PM
that works for me.

No Free Beer
03-19-2012, 04:24 PM
How exactly do you plan on getting a 4+ minute ad bloc? How do you plan on getting an ad bloc over 1 minute, on any channel, anywhere?

Money talks, buddy.

RonPaulRules
03-19-2012, 04:39 PM
I think this is a good idea. Ron can hype it up, go on news shows the week prior about his national (or state wide) announcement prime time breaking news announcement.